The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I had some really good moments (expressed in uncontrollable fits of laughter) reading this article. Enjoy!

Here We Go Again: A projected timeline of the Prince William and Kate Middleton courtship.
Well played by Slate! I think they've got the world's only actual psychic on staff!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I had some really good moments (expressed in uncontrollable fits of laughter) reading this article. Enjoy!
Here We Go Again: A projected timeline of the Prince William and Kate Middleton courtship.
I don't know what to say, such an exclusive Avalon. Brilliant

Old 01-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks Avalon!

Have no doubt you are brilliant for finding this article.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

It would not really matter where she lived unless she locked herself up inside the palace. In this day and age, people can find out where you live no matter what you do.

I applaud her for dealing with this so far in what appears to be a very effective, adult and can do way.

Like I said, unless she locks herself away, I do not think that she will be able to avoid it.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Commoner

kate middleton is one of the most dignified royal girlfriends so far, she is beautiful graceful charming attractive calm and serene, the fact that she has managed to behave with so much grace and dignity at such a young age is just breath taking, i hope everything works well for her and her prince charming...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Excuse my ignorance but... what the bleep does Leornardo di Caprio has to do with the royal wedding¿, and why he had to make an statement he wont participate in it¿¿
Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
Excuse my ignorance but... what the bleep does Leornardo di Caprio has to do with the royal wedding¿, and why he had to make an statement he wont participate in it¿¿
The whole article is made up, it is supposed to be a joke/pun.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Nobility

Post of the year, Avalon!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

I was reading an article about Kate in one of those weekly magazines yesterday, and they said that Kate is allergic to alcohol. Is this true? They said she can drink small amounts but not a lot. It sounds kind of weird to me.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Arent we all¿... I dont know anyone who drinks a lot and doesnt get sick
Old 01-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
I was reading an article about Kate in one of those weekly magazines yesterday, and they said that Kate is allergic to alcohol. Is this true? They said she can drink small amounts but not a lot. It sounds kind of weird to me.
If so, she is not allergic to alcohol but has a problem with the hormone histamine. Histamine is what your body produces when you have an allergy - it's normally produced to protect your body but with an allergy your body just believes he is endangered - thus the histamine is not needed and causes the problems of migraine etc. The body can only get rid of a certain amount of histamine at a time, so when you have an allergic reaction, you have suddenly too much of it. There are some medication (eg beta-blockers against heart-dieseases) which in addition block the reduction of histamine, thus could cause allergic reactions if the level becomes too high.

Histamine, alas, is a by-product of fermentation. Products which are made through fermentation are wine, spirits made from fermented products, some sausages like salami, cheese... glutamate is as a yeast product made through fermentation as well.... So eating or drinking any of these products can increase your level of that hormone and lead to an pseudo-allergic reaction. You can get rid of the histamine eg on wine-making but many producers don't bother because it means better products to start with, clean food processing etc. and that costs really money.

Fortunately anti-histamines can be bought in any drugstore or pharmacy without a prescription and they are pretty cheap. So anyone who thinks he/she is allergic to alcohol or cheese should try to take one tablet before eating or drinking and the chance is high that there will be no more problem.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:35 PM

I doubt Kate is allergic to alcohol. It may just be that she's ladylike enough not to get smashed on alcopops, fall into the road and spew up over a photographer. She may be sensible enough to know her limit. I know that when I drink, I get very drunk and I'm a nightmare to deal with so I hardly ever get drunk when I'm out because I know I'll just embarrass myself. Maybe she does her drinking indoors? If she drinks at all. I mean, when did she become Oliver Reed?
Old 01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
I wonder how they came by this information.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Charles and Diana were regularly seen at polo matches before the engagement was announced. It is accepted that Charles was 'pushed' to get engaged because of the media scrums that were surrounding Diana.
This is exactly right. Diana was photographed many times before the Balmoral photos. I think the Balmoral photos were the "proof" (for Fleet Street) that an engagement was impending, and thus the bar was raised, and Diana was hounded.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Can Kate win a fight with the paparazzi?

Kate Middleton’s legal team are said to be looking at legal remedies available to curtail the excesses of the paparazzi, Tim Lawson-Cruttenden writes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...556936,00.html
This is a great article. It was so informative. It is great when we have articles that tell us, teach us, rather than a bunch of Daily Mail-ish stories about Prince-lookalikes and such.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Glad you all liked the article.
Mind, I don't think everything there is very unlikely. Well, maybe not the Blood Diamond.

The Reliable Princess
Kate Middleton is the perfect addition to the House of Windsor. She's polite, well educated and self-controlled -- and she isn't trying to be the new Princess Diana.

Right royal offer to Wills and Kate
A North East venue has offered its services as a possible location for the wedding of the country’s next king and queen. Newcastle Racecourse is offering its services for the big day, should Prince William pop the question to his girlfriend Kate Middleton. The racecourse believes it is the ideal place for a future royal couple to get hitched and would provide a rare occasion for a major national and royal event to take place in the region.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Warning for paparazzi

The paparazzi who surround Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton have been warned to back off.

ITV News - Warning for paparazzi
Old 01-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Here is an article from an an arabic magazine; Laha Magazine.

It's about a warning for paparazzi. Prince William is ungry about them.
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/01-2007/331People03.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 01-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Right royal offer to Wills and Kate
A North East venue has offered its services as a possible location for the wedding of the country’s next king and queen. Newcastle Racecourse is offering its services for the big day, should Prince William pop the question to his girlfriend Kate Middleton. The racecourse believes it is the ideal place for a future royal couple to get hitched and would provide a rare occasion for a major national and royal event to take place in the region.

I was under the impression that Britain's next king and queen were married back in April 2005 in a civil ceremony in the Windsor Guildhall followed by a blessing at St George's Chapel Windsor.

Could anyone post a link to the news that Charles has given up his right to the throne?

Or ... should we start writing to these papers pointing out their errors.

I am sick of these obvious errors and getting frustrated with these constant attempt to sideline Charles.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
I am sick of these obvious errors and getting frustrated with these constant attempt to sideline Charles.
They're all signs of what I call the reality TV/Pop Idol view of the monarchy.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton