Kate Middleton Current Events 17: January-February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
christinacg said:
I was reading an article about Kate in one of those weekly magazines yesterday, and they said that Kate is allergic to alcohol. Is this true? They said she can drink small amounts but not a lot. It sounds kind of weird to me.

If so, she is not allergic to alcohol but has a problem with the hormone histamine. Histamine is what your body produces when you have an allergy - it's normally produced to protect your body but with an allergy your body just believes he is endangered - thus the histamine is not needed and causes the problems of migraine etc. The body can only get rid of a certain amount of histamine at a time, so when you have an allergic reaction, you have suddenly too much of it. There are some medication (eg beta-blockers against heart-dieseases) which in addition block the reduction of histamine, thus could cause allergic reactions if the level becomes too high.

Histamine, alas, is a by-product of fermentation. Products which are made through fermentation are wine, spirits made from fermented products, some sausages like salami, cheese... glutamate is as a yeast product made through fermentation as well.... So eating or drinking any of these products can increase your level of that hormone and lead to an pseudo-allergic reaction. You can get rid of the histamine eg on wine-making but many producers don't bother because it means better products to start with, clean food processing etc. and that costs really money.

Fortunately anti-histamines can be bought in any drugstore or pharmacy without a prescription and they are pretty cheap. So anyone who thinks he/she is allergic to alcohol or cheese should try to take one tablet before eating or drinking and the chance is high that there will be no more problem.

I doubt Kate is allergic to alcohol. It may just be that she's ladylike enough not to get smashed on alcopops, fall into the road and spew up over a photographer. She may be sensible enough to know her limit. I know that when I drink, I get very drunk and I'm a nightmare to deal with so I hardly ever get drunk when I'm out because I know I'll just embarrass myself. Maybe she does her drinking indoors? If she drinks at all. I mean, when did she become Oliver Reed?

christinacg said:
I was reading an article about Kate in one of those weekly magazines yesterday, and they said that Kate is allergic to alcohol. Is this true? They said she can drink small amounts but not a lot. It sounds kind of weird to me.

I wonder how they came by this information. :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
Charles and Diana were regularly seen at polo matches before the engagement was announced. It is accepted that Charles was 'pushed' to get engaged because of the media scrums that were surrounding Diana.

This is exactly right. Diana was photographed many times before the Balmoral photos. I think the Balmoral photos were the "proof" (for Fleet Street) that an engagement was impending, and thus the bar was raised, and Diana was hounded.

Skydragon said:
Can Kate win a fight with the paparazzi?

trans.gif
Kate Middleton’s legal team are said to be looking at legal remedies available to curtail the excesses of the paparazzi, Tim Lawson-Cruttenden writes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,200-2556936,00.html

This is a great article. It was so informative. It is great when we have articles that tell us, teach us, rather than a bunch of Daily Mail-ish stories about Prince-lookalikes and such. :lol:

Glad you all liked the article. :flowers:
Mind, I don't think everything there is very unlikely. Well, maybe not the Blood Diamond. ;)

The Reliable Princess
Kate Middleton is the perfect addition to the House of Windsor. She's polite, well educated and self-controlled -- and she isn't trying to be the new Princess Diana.

Right royal offer to Wills and Kate
A North East venue has offered its services as a possible location for the wedding of the country’s next king and queen. Newcastle Racecourse is offering its services for the big day, should Prince William pop the question to his girlfriend Kate Middleton. The racecourse believes it is the ideal place for a future royal couple to get hitched and would provide a rare occasion for a major national and royal event to take place in the region.

Avalon said:
Right royal offer to Wills and Kate
A North East venue has offered its services as a possible location for the wedding of the country’s next king and queen. Newcastle Racecourse is offering its services for the big day, should Prince William pop the question to his girlfriend Kate Middleton. The racecourse believes it is the ideal place for a future royal couple to get hitched and would provide a rare occasion for a major national and royal event to take place in the region.

I was under the impression that Britain's next king and queen were married back in April 2005 in a civil ceremony in the Windsor Guildhall followed by a blessing at St George's Chapel Windsor.

Could anyone post a link to the news that Charles has given up his right to the throne?

Or ... should we start writing to these papers pointing out their errors.

I am sick of these obvious errors and getting frustrated with these constant attempt to sideline Charles.

chrissy57 said:
I am sick of these obvious errors and getting frustrated with these constant attempt to sideline Charles.

They're all signs of what I call the reality TV/Pop Idol view of the monarchy.

BeatrixFan said:
I doubt Kate is allergic to alcohol. It may just be that she's ladylike enough not to get smashed on alcopops, fall into the road and spew up over a photographer. She may be sensible enough to know her limit. I know that when I drink, I get very drunk and I'm a nightmare to deal with so I hardly ever get drunk when I'm out because I know I'll just embarrass myself. Maybe she does her drinking indoors? If she drinks at all. I mean, when did she become Oliver Reed?

so right. believe it or not there are people, that go to clubs, that know their limit and don't have to get drunk to have fun.

Chiyo said:
They're all signs of what I call the reality TV/Pop Idol view of the monarchy.

:rolleyes: Indeed. It is typical in the American press to call William the "future king". Technically, it's not wrong though, they forget this "future" is very distant! Poor William (and Charles) seem destined to 10-year or so reigns reminiscent(sp?) of Edward VII, George V.Both will be so old by the time they become kings. With Prince Charles being so healthy (never smoking, and I think never drinking much, and eating so well his whole life) William could be over 60! Geesh, talk about a retirement pension! :lol:

CasiraghiTrio said:
:rolleyes: Indeed. It is typical in the American press to call William the "future king". Technically, it's not wrong though, they forget this "future" is very distant! Poor William (and Charles) seem destined to 10-year or so reigns reminiscent(sp?) of Edward VII, George V.Both will be so old by the time they become kings. With Prince Charles being so healthy (never smoking, and I think never drinking much, and eating so well his whole life) William could be over 60! Geesh, talk about a retirement pension! :lol:

George V had a 25 year reign - not exactly short - May 1910 - Jan 1936.

William IV was the oldest ever to become king I believe in 1830. He only reigned for 7 years.

But I agree, I think William will be in his 50s when he becomes king as I expect Charles to live at least as long as his father (85 and counting) or even longer. Say Charles makes 85 - that would take him to 2033 and William would be 52 by then with possibly 40 or so years ahead of him as king. Britian could be facing a number successive monarchs in their 50s or 60s before they inherit. Of course that could change with an intimely early death, like that of George VI which brought a young queen to the throne - had she had to inherit from her uncle she would have been in her 40s.

well it's hard to say really. HM health is still good and it seems, God willing, that she will take after her mother in terms of longevity so Charles will be quite a bit older by the time he ascends the throne and probably won't have a very lengthy reign. HM could conceivably reign for another 20+ years (if she indeed has her mothers longevity on her side). if charles doesn't ascend the throne until he's 85 then it would probably be a short reign of possibly 15 years (if he has the same longevity) not a "long" reign when you compare it to his mother's. william, however, will only be in his 50's (if all this were to go this way) and could conceivably reign for 40 years or more.

Last edited:
They are really very pretty young women. Must be a very exciting time for them. What I wouldn't give to hear their heart-to-heart conversations.:lol:

BeatrixFan said:

Well said. I've never been drunk before, mostly because I can't be bothered to drink enough to get that way. I have at most 2 drinks, and then it's straight to Diet Coke. Perhaps she's the same way.

I have to say, the recent pictures of Kate are really great and there's a definate look of Crown Princess Mary there pre-wedding. Let's hope Kate is the one. I can just see her at Trooping the Colour etc. I hope they get time to be married and settle before William is King though. We don't want a Constantine and Anne Marie situation.

she really is lovely. this is the kind of girl that could wear a burlap sack and make it look fabulous.

ap3 said:
Jeez, don't they feel the cold? it's winter!
It has been unseasonably warm in central London, although it was cold last night. When they are leaping about in nightclubs, they probably get warm enough to last them all the way home! :lol:

BeatrixFan said:
I have to say, the recent pictures of Kate are really great and there's a definate look of Crown Princess Mary there pre-wedding. Let's hope Kate is the one. I can just see her at Trooping the Colour etc. I hope they get time to be married and settle before William is King though. We don't want a Constantine and Anne Marie situation.

What was the problem there? That Constantine was already king when they got married? Where's the problem with that situation?

Well, they were trying to get used to married life and raise a family whilst things were changing in Greece. Things are changing in Britain too. I just feel it would be a dangerous situation if he hadn't been King for very long when he married. IMO, it's got to be before or after. That way, Kate has time to get used to things and William can get the balance between state and family right on his own terms.

I thought that might be Kate's sister with her, nice they went home together.

Is it just a problem with the pictures or does Kate have a big red mark on her forehead?

I love her dress! So pretty.

It was probably really smart of her and William to leave at seperate times. How fun to have her sister with her.

EmmieLou said:
I thought that might be Kate's sister with her, nice they went home together.

Is it just a problem with the pictures or does Kate have a big red mark on her forehead?
News reports explain the mark on forehead as a shiner Wills gave her when the two of them were clowning around on the dance floor. He must really be a rotten dancer and hit her accidentally in the eye. In a few of the recent pictures of her and Pip coming out of Mahiki that night, you can see the bruise beginning around near her eye. :lol: Of course on another site they will say Kate is a battered girlfriend and she should leave William, who should seek counseling. I swear someone (not at this site) will say it like it's the God's honest truth.

I love her dress and bag (from what I can see of it anyway)! Awesome taste in clothes! She and Prince William make such a cute couple. They seem to be made for each other. All the best to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom