Kate Middleton Current Events 17: January-February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kiren said:
Just curious, How tall is she? Not as tall as Diana...am I right?

Diana was 5'9 without heels, 6 feet in heels according to Lady Colin Campbell's Diana in Private and Andrew Morton's Diana: Her True Story. Prince William is 6'3, right, maybe 6'4, I don't remember, but say he is 6'4, and consider that Catherine, wearing espidrilles, comes up just above his ears. Without the espidrilles, she might only reach just below his ears. Either way, I'd bet she's at least as tall as Diana, maybe slightly taller.

I see two things wrong with your suggestion

bebajp said:
He should do the same thing that Prince Felipe of Spain did it, NOBODY knew exactly who he was dating until the RH announced he was engaged (I was very suprised the day I knew he was engaged!!). That's what I call a good strategy. Of course in England it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to get some privacy (look what happened with Diana).

It's just a suggestion...

:)

They tried to keep Diana and Sarah under wraps until the engagements were announced, but Fleet Street doesn't allow that.

Diana and Charles didn't go out the same way that Will and Kate do. Diana was photographed at Balmoral and identified...after that she was hounded.

Sophie and Edward were a much more public couple. People knew they were dating. I think it's a good thing for possible royal brides to really see what life is like behind the gilded cage. They get a glimpse of what they're in for, and can decide if they want to make that step.

yvr girl said:
Diana and Charles didn't go out the same way that Will and Kate do. Diana was photographed at Balmoral and identified...after that she was hounded.

Charles and Diana were regularly seen at polo matches before the engagement was announced. It is accepted that Charles was 'pushed' to get engaged because of the media scrums that were surrounding Diana.

i think what yvr girl meant was that charles and diana didn't go out "clubbing" like william and catherine do. they attended events that were more to charles liking i think. in all fairness, he was several years older than william is and, it's safe to say, clubbing wasn't his thing!

Duchess said:
i think what yvr girl meant was that charles and diana didn't go out "clubbing" like william and catherine do. they attended events that were more to charles liking i think. in all fairness, he was several years older than william is and, it's safe to say, clubbing wasn't his thing!

For purposes of keeping the relationship under wraps though, polo matches have about the same effect as clubbing for blowing a couple's secrecy.

Actually polo matches may be worse if you want to keep a relationship under wraps because they are previously announced so the press knows when and where to show up, and they take place in the middle of the day when the daylight makes it easier to get a candid shot.

The News Corporation (owner of The Sun, The News of the World, The Times and The Loondon Paper), as well as Hello! have decided not to publish Kate Middleton's paparazzi photos anymore.
Sánchez-Junco (the owner of Hello! and Hola!) told the Spanish paper El Mundo that Hello! is only going to publish photos made by the photo agencies that have signed the Ethic Code of the Press Comission.

A paparazzi shot of Kate Middleton ought to cost 30.000 € !!!

Duchess said:
Was there such a thing as clubbing? :lol: For all you youngsters out there, yes there were clubs, but it all seemed so genteel, from what little I remember. :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Was there such a thing as clubbing? :lol: For all you youngsters out there, yes there were clubs, but it all seemed so genteel, from what little I remember. :ROFLMAO:

Yes there was studio 54 in the US which started the more public "clubbing" trend -then it was known as club-hopping. Correct me if I'm wrong Skydragon but the British were more discreet in their nightlife then the Americans were back in then.

hibou said:
Yes there was studio 54 in the US which started the more public "clubbing" trend -then it was known as club-hopping. Correct me if I'm wrong Skydragon but the British were more discreet in their nightlife then the Americans were back in then.

Compared to the Americans we were so boring. :flowers: I went out with a group that included an american officer, from a base in Mildenhall. We went to what we thought was a very trendy nightclub in London and you could see, on his ever so polite face, how bored he was. Some clubs would not, even if they dared go to the bar, serve alcohol to women! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO: If they tried that now, the women would probably beat them up!

Im sorry if this was posted before.

Kate is crowned a Prada princess

Robert Booth
Fashionistas hail the high street chic of prince's girlfriend

trans.gif
SHE is still a royal bride-in-waiting but Kate Middleton’s budding sense of style has convinced the arbiters of the fashion world that she is ready to take her place among a new generation of “Prada princesses”. Middleton, whose look has evolved from modern Sloane to high street with accessories, is now being hailed for her ability to combine “simplicity with panache for the royal occasions”. NI_MPU('middle');The endorsement, by Suzy Menkes, the grande dame of fashion, marks a significant stage in the remaking of the 25-year-old daughter of a Berkshire businessman.

full article

Skydragon said:

The Sloaneys in the seventies, including Diana, definitely went "clubbing!" :lol: Although, I think that Duchess made a fair point saying that Charles and Diana did not typically do it together. I think Charles would sometimes go to Annabel's or Harry's Bar, but nothing more "wild" than that, or I suppose he might have drinks at the polo club bar. Diana, on the other hand, was rather fond of the nightclub scene in London. I believe she frequented some clubs around London with her flatmates.

Skydragon, I think you are only referring to the upper-class British club-goers. Unfortunately, I would venture to guess that when Americans make generalizations about British club-goers of any generation, the assumptions would be based on the upper-classes, as those the only people attaining any mention in society magazines. Thus, it might be unfair to say that all British club-goers of a certain time period or generation were "discreet" or "sophisticated." However, I wonder if the same generalization could hold true of British working-class club-goers.

CasiraghiTrio said:
The Sloaneys in the seventies, including Diana, definitely went "clubbing!"
True, my comment about were there clubs was a joke.:flowers: The nightclubs that were about, were nothing compared to todays clubs. If a young woman got too tipsy in Annabels, parents or a taxi were called. I think if todays young women walked into a nightclub from the 70's or 80's, they would think they had walked in on afternoon tea. :lol:

Hibou said the British were more discreet in their nightlife then the Americans were back then. From my minor forays into one or two clubs recently and from the reports in the news, there is no comparison. They did seem to be more genteel and I am not sure if I envy the freedoms that youngsters have now or not.
On minus point was that years ago you did come out smelling like an ashtray. :lol:

Skydragon said:
Hibou said the British were more discreet in their nightlife then the Americans were back then. From my minor forays into one or two clubs recently and from the reports in the news, there is no comparison. They did seem to be more genteel and I am not sure if I envy the freedoms that youngsters have now or not.
On minus point was that years ago you did come out smelling like an ashtray. :lol:

I suppose in the 70s, the British exclusive clubs like Annabel's still had that wonderful genteel quality that the Manhattan counterparts once had a couple of decades before. ;)

CasiraghiTrio said:
I suppose in the 70s, the British exclusive clubs like Annabel's still had that wonderful genteel quality that the Manhattan counterparts once had a couple of decades before. ;)

Britain is normally 'behind the door', so to speak. :rolleyes: I do think the whole culture was different for all of us 20-30 years ago.

Skydragon said:
Britain is normally 'behind the door', so to speak. :rolleyes: I do think the whole culture was different for all of us 20-30 years ago.

Behind the door? I haven't heard that one in quite awhile. :ROFLMAO:

ysbel said:
Behind the door? I haven't heard that one in quite awhile. :ROFLMAO:
Thank goodness someone had heard it before!:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks Avalon!

Have no doubt you are brilliant for finding this article.

It would not really matter where she lived unless she locked herself up inside the palace. In this day and age, people can find out where you live no matter what you do.

I applaud her for dealing with this so far in what appears to be a very effective, adult and can do way.

Like I said, unless she locks herself away, I do not think that she will be able to avoid it.

kate middleton is one of the most dignified royal girlfriends so far, she is beautiful graceful charming attractive calm and serene, the fact that she has managed to behave with so much grace and dignity at such a young age is just breath taking, i hope everything works well for her and her prince charming...

Excuse my ignorance but... what the bleep does Leornardo di Caprio has to do with the royal wedding¿, and why he had to make an statement he wont participate in it¿¿

avrilo said:
Excuse my ignorance but... what the bleep does Leornardo di Caprio has to do with the royal wedding¿, and why he had to make an statement he wont participate in it¿¿

The whole article is made up, it is supposed to be a joke/pun. :flowers:

I was reading an article about Kate in one of those weekly magazines yesterday, and they said that Kate is allergic to alcohol. Is this true? They said she can drink small amounts but not a lot. It sounds kind of weird to me.

Arent we all¿... I dont know anyone who drinks a lot and doesnt get sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom