Kate Middleton Current Events 17: January-February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Despite the number of times the press say it, I don't believe that any of Catherines friends have spoken to any of the press, so I find it hard to believe this paragraph.

"Last week was a bit much, but in the end, they just added another tick to the wallchart they keep of how many times the Press predict an engagement," said Kate's friend. "They found that hilarious".

I think the press has already looked for dirt on her and come up empty handed and that is driving them wild! :lol:

You're right, IMHO. There was this one girl she knew from school, but apart from her noone speaks to the media. And for Kay and the Mial hoping for a good connection to Catherine? Rubbish! She is surrounded by people who have all their own personal story about media intrusion to tell: Diana's sons, the POW, and especially Camilla! If it is true what some people claim that Camilla (has) used to phone editors, then she is a much better player in that dangerous game than many give her credence for. She came out of the whole mess a shining star on the Royal firnament - and should be the right person to give advice then. As Catherine is intelligent, she will listen and learn the ropes. Or has done that already. :lucky::lucky:

Royals tend not to get engagaed on Valentines Day as it is seen as very "tacky" but Charles and Camilla had intended for their announcement to be on 14th feb - need i say any more!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PrincessofEurope said:
Royals tend not to get engagaed on Valentines Day as it is seen as very "tacky" but Charles and Camilla had intended for their announcement to be on 14th feb - need i say any more!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maria theresa and henri of Luxembourg got married on Valentine's day. So I dont think there's really a 'tacky' stigma attached to it.but I doubt W and K would anounce their engagement that day as it has the 'bagage' of being C and C's intended anouncment date.

PrincessofEurope said:

Oh dear! :rolleyes:

Paparazzi ambush

By the way...has anyone seen the photos in Hola magazine of the paparazzi ambushing Kate?

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/01/11/kate-middleton/

In fact, there is a new biography I picked up of Diana this afternoon at my local library, and there are the "ambush" photos of the press meeting Diana at the door of her flat.

Eerie how much those photos look like Diana Spencer ca. 1980 with the main character substituting a short blonde shag for a brunette mane.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=2635476&cdi=0

http://www.hola.com/galeria-de-imagenes.html?imagen=/casasreales/2007/01/11/kate-middleton/imgs/kate-middleton-2a.jpg&subseccion=inglesa

Why doesn't the British parliament pass some law stating that packs of photographs cannot approach a private person inside of a radius of 100 yards or it's considered stalking (i.e. criminal)...not sure how that legislation would read (or whether it would stand up), but there has to be something that can be done about the paparazzi and figures such as poor Kate. Until she is officially "signed up" to become part of the royal family, I think she's a private person and should be treated as such.

Skydragon said:
Despite the number of times the press say it, I don't believe that any of Catherines friends have spoken to any of the press...

I agree. I wonder how the tabloids like Daily Mail are able to "quote" so-called "friends of Kate" and "friends of William" (or "friends of the couple") yet never say who the friend/s are. Maybe there is someone, just one person who talks to Richard Kay regularly about the couple, but this person is probably a marginal "friend" or, more likely, acquaintance that knew William or Kate, or both, from school. Thus, I'm sure Kay or someone else at DM can make the claim of having spoken (technically) to a "friend" of theirs.

Skydragon -- thanks much for the response. Of course, Kate and Diana don't look alike (except for maybe their heighth), but what I mean is similar is the way the paparazzi has ambushed each of them before they were members of the royal family (still to be seen with Kate, of course). You could have photoshopped either of them out of of either photo, and substituted the other, and no one would have been wiser, I bet. That's what I meant.

Another article: Prince's girlfriend puts paparazzi under the lens

Prince William's paparazzi-trailing girlfriend Kate Middleton, turned the lens on the photo pack after her lawyers secretly filmed the photographers as evidence for a possible complaint, The Daily Telegraph reported.
The lawyers for Middleton, 25, have written to the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) after filming incidents outside her home and office, and when she arrived at and left nightclubs both with and without the prince, according to the newspaper.

"The intrusion into my client's private life and the harassment that she has suffered are now amply evidenced by the events of the past seven days," read the letter from Middleton's lawyer, a copy of which was obtained by the newspaper.
"We have a large amount of very interesting but disturbing film footage of those events ... What I should make quite clear is that if there is any further intrusion, then a complaint will be made to you."

A very wise move! :)

I don't think I could face that every day and still maintain my composure. You have to hand it to her! I do agree with an earlier poster though, I do think the media will get bored of the daily "Kate Leaving her Flat" pics, and that they will start to turn on her. They don't have to find actual "dirt". They can critique her fashion sense or as they have already been doing, just make things up. I don't think Wills and Kate will bow to media pressure and get engaged sooner just because that's what everyone wants.

Lady Bluffton said:
Skydragon -- thanks much for the response. Of course, Kate and Diana don't look alike (except for maybe their heighth), but what I mean is similar is the way the paparazzi has ambushed each of them before they were members of the royal family (still to be seen with Kate, of course). You could have photoshopped either of them out of of either photo, and substituted the other, and no one would have been wiser, I bet. That's what I meant.

Sorry, I thought I urgently needed to get my eyes tested! :lol: :flowers:

Maybe...

He should do the same thing that Prince Felipe of Spain did it, NOBODY knew exactly who he was dating until the RH announced he was engaged (I was very suprised the day I knew he was engaged!!). That's what I call a good strategy. Of course in England it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to get some privacy (look what happened with Diana).

It's just a suggestion...

:)

You don't know the UK press - they didn't have a single chance of keeping it quiet, unless of course they wanted to communicate only via telephone and web-cameras! :lol:
Mind, the cell phones were not exactly safe as well, which the phone-tapping incident proved.;)

Last edited:
bebajp said:
He should do the same thing that Prince Felipe of Spain did it, NOBODY knew exactly who he was dating until the RH announced he was engaged (I was very suprised the day I knew he was engaged!!). That's what I call a good strategy. Of course in England it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to get some privacy (look what happened with Diana).

It's just a suggestion...

:)

Well, Felipe was in
his 30´s by the time he married Letizia, I doubt William in his early 20´s thouht of Kate as future wife or had the wisdom Felipe did. And Felipe only dated Letizia for a short period of time. Wills and Kate had been an item for 4 years!. I really doubt William could do more to "protect" her.

As time goes by I like Ms. Middleton even more. I hope she and William make it as a couple.:flowers:

Skydragon said:
Despite the number of times the press say it, I don't believe that any of Catherines friends have spoken to any of the press, so I find it hard to believe this paragraph.

Hi Skydragon....It's been forever since I've read the article, but, wasn't it Kate's "friends" who told the tabloid she preferred to be called Catherine? If I'm right, then which tabloid reports do we choose to believe?

Donna B. :flowers:

Donna B. said:
Hi Skydragon....It's been forever since I've read the article, but, wasn't it Kate's "friends" who told the tabloid she preferred to be called Catherine? If I'm right, then which tabloid reports do we choose to believe?
Donna B. :flowers:
It was also the nameless friends who told the press that Catherine wanted to be called Kate, in the first place!
Until such time as an official announcement is made, I will continue to call her Catherine. :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
It was also the nameless friends who told the press that Catherine wanted to be called Kate, in the first place!
Until such time as an official announcement is made, I will continue to call her Catherine. :rolleyes:

It's exactly the same IMHO as calling the queen Elizabeth and not Lilibet...

Her black tunic on TopShop is out of stock! Does someone bougth it?How is the dress?
Thanks

the conparation diana-kate is inevitable.
here a very serius paper (clarin) have a note about this, naturally, kate don't is diana, she look similar in some photos, may be the gestures or the clother but i don't think that the press do with kate the same thing that do with diana.
william is very loved in Uk and the people 8or the press) need another royal wedding but with glamour etc, a young face in the royal family, if the marry or don't we can't now until the royal house confirm that

The latest Telegraph article is great. I agree in principal with the lawyer from Harbottle & Lewis. However, I can't help feeling a twinge of sadness at the sudden lack of pictures of her! Daily pictures of anyone are excessive, but it's amazing how fast one can become used to seeing them and how one will suddenly feel sad when there are none!
Catherine becomes so much more beautiful everytime we see her. She's transforming from cutsie to beauty. In some ways, I think she is prettier than Diana. :)

I have to agree with you. But Kate has an amazing bone structure and so she can pretty much let the rest go hang. She'll always look good because she's got good bones.

CasiraghiTrio said:
She's transforming from cutsie to beauty. In some ways, I think she is prettier than Diana. :)

the diana phenomenon don't was only for the beaty, diana have chaming and style, of course, kate have another way of beauty, but the important for she can be a good princess if she have chaming, and sence of the duty and DISCRETION.
she still don't comete any mistake in public, of course she have help, first for william and second for the working pople for the prince.
I don't know if kate is more cute than diana, they are similiar and to the same time very differents

I don't think Kate would want to be Diana - or anyone else but herself come to that matter. This comparing thing is very odd to me. For example, I do alot of stand up comedy and a review recently said I had, "The comic timing of Eric Morecambe and the acid camp of Kenneth Williams" which was lovely and to be compared to Eric Morecambe and Kenneth Williams was just amazing and wonderful and it put a huge grin on my face but I'd prefer that the reviewer had written, "He has the comic timing of BeatrixFan and the acid camp of BeatrixFan". I'm not Eric or Kenneth and I've never tried to be, I never want to be. That must be how Kate feels when she's compared to Diana. She might be flattered by the comparison but after the initial warm glow of being compared to a big name, she'll probably feel what I felt - a little upset that she can't be praised in her own right and that every thing she does can only be compliment if it is similar to something Diana did. It's very unfair IMO and I wish the press would just stop it. We're all individual and trying to push people into little boxes with pictures of dead icons on the front doesn't help anyone, it just upsets people. It makes you feel as if you'll never achieve anything unless you transmogrify into someone else.

We must miss daily pictures of Kate very much, since we've already started the Diana-Kate comparision. ;)

i don't see anything similar between catherine and diana but i wonder if the old saying that a man looks for all the nice qualities his mother had, in a woman. if that's true then i wonder if catherine and diana did have some qualities in common?

I've deleted the post containing the link to the WENN gallery. It looked as though Kate was just about wearing the photographer in a couple of those pictures.

Please only post links to individual photos where there's a reasonable distance between her and the photographer. I assume if people really need to see a bunch of photos of Kate with a camera up her nose, they can find the WENN (or other) site themselves and do a search.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Just curious, How tall is she? Not as tall as Diana...am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom