Kate Middleton Current Events 16: January 5-10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the alleged policemen protection? She seemes pretty vulnerable in these photos. It is really sickening! You would have thought that they would have learned something from the past!

William calls for paparazzi to 'stop chasing Kate'

Prince William wants "more than anything" for the paparazzi to stop harassing his girlfriend Kate Middleton, his aides have said

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=427605&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

Paparazzi on prowl as William's girlfriend turns 25

trans.gif

Kate Middleton ran a gauntlet of photographers and film crews on her 25th birthday today as Prince William's aides said he would like the paparazzi to stop harrassing his girlfriend "more than anything".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2538116,00.html

Last edited:
whether you approve of her or not, you have to give her credit for grace and poise. i would have reacted and made the news in a "bad" way. this has gotten crazy in a scary way.

I have to agree with Mr. Arbiter's statement that the paparazzi have learned
nothing from 1997. Could not the police force cite them for loitering or force them to disband outside her house at least? I know she is not entitled to a protection officer but I would think keeping them away from her house would be something the police could do. or can they not? Either way kudos to Catherine for working through all that rubbish with
grace and dignity.

qui mal y pense said:
Where's the alleged policemen protection? She seemes pretty vulnerable in these photos. It is really sickening! You would have thought that they would have learned something from the past!

The only policeman there this morning, was to ensure that the photographers did not block the pavement or road!

I expect the poor girl has to spend 30 minutes plucking up courage to step out of her front door!

A few points:

1) The media (both British & otherwise) seriously needs to stop all this. Those pictures of all the paparazzi and tv crews lined up outside Kate's house are quite scary. It is understandable that the press are interested in her and want pictures of her--she is dating a very public figure, but do they really need to send at least a dozen photographers, not to meantion tv crews to film her? Couldn't they just send one or two photographers to snap a quick picture and then led this young women carry out with her life? This whole situation is seriously getting out of hand. The press knows full well that without an engagement annoucement Kate is not provided with police protection and in many ways taking advantage the situation.

2) Constant speculation about an engagement is also getting out of hand. I guess the press want an engagment because of all the newpapers they can sell, but as of right now there is no engagement. The press has been writing stories about a possible engagement for months know, yet nothing has happened so far. The press should really move on and talk about something else for a change. Constant speculation is not going to give the press what they want. Back of a little bit, give the couple some room to figure out what they want, and maybe it will happen. But all this constant attention isn't helping things. Untill (if ever) an engagement is announced there is no really story here. The press should try to stick to just covering william and their relationship, without speculating an engagement that might not even ever happen.

3) What ever you personal opinion about Kate, she has been dealing with a lot and deserves some credit for handling this situation as well as she has. Glad to see that she is now working, hopefull that will help take her mind off all this attention she is getting. Everytime, i read yet another story about a possible engagement i think what happens if they never actually get married. All this media attention and talk ''the future queen'' could all be for nothing.

Kate is still technical a private individual and will remain unless there is an engagement. The press should remember that and give her a little space. Beside, is it just me or is all this marriage speculation getting a bit boring to read about day after day, with no actual news to report?

qui mal y pense said:

I read in one paper that she has only one officer protecting her - that can't be true? One officer to 'beat' off 30 to 50 photographers.

I also read in the Evening Standard (UK paper) that the palace are seriously considering stepping up her security and that either Charles or William may pay for it. I don't know if that is true or not.

This intense media interest is getting CRAZEE!!!

angry-smiley-055.gif
mouse.gif

-theprincess I agree with your post but just to play devil advocate here. The pictures are rumoured to be selling for 20 000 (which would be 43 000 CND, if I remember my math right) if you were a pap would you be willing to let someone else get that type of money, probably not. That is why there is so many the demand is high enough that even if you only sell one picture you are making a lot of money.

-Now the problem is that there are paps covering Kate and press covering the paps so the interest has just doubled in a few short weeks.

-The engagment speculation, I don't understand why everyone is so sure that there will be an engagment this year. There are already two major events (the concert and Queen and Prince Philip anniversary) it seems from a logical point there is no chance of a wedding this year just based on those two things, add on that Kate just got a job and William starting his army career and William himself saying that he doesn't want to get married for a few more years. I agree that the speculation is out of control. If you look back and notice that people around William who are older and been in longer relationships and still are not married.

-I'm starting to notice a new angle to this story and that is that it is ok for William and Kate to get engaged because the Queen got engaged young well her husband was still in the navy, I don't think this needs to be pointed out but this isn't 1947. :bang:

Skydragon said:
The only policeman there this morning, was to ensure that the photographers did not block the pavement or road!

I expect the poor girl has to spend 30 minutes plucking up courage to step out of her front door!

Maybe there is something positivbe in it for both Catherine and William: at least she now experiences how it will be before she is committed. She will now see what William and his family can actually do to protect her, how supportive they are, what is required of her and how she personally feels on handling the situation.

A good example is CP Mary of Denmark who said in her engagement interviews something along the lines that while the media attention forced them to really think about a common future, it helped her deciding about if the pro or cons were more important to her. So when she said "yes" she knew what she was up against and how much support she was going to get and where that support would end so she would have to tackle certain thing all by herself.

I hope both come out of this with their relationship intact for if Catherine backs out, William is a poor guy!

Skydragon said:

Well that is stupid IMO she needs proper protection - something needs to be sorted out.

On another thought: I recall having read about Diana that she already talked to certain journalists while she was not yet engaged and I definately recall media reports quoting her uncle Lord Fermoy that "of course his niece Lady Diana is still a virgin". I got the impression from reports like that that Charles was pushed by either Diana herself or her family/his family (Lord Fermoy's mother was lady-in-waiting and confidante of the Queen mother).

Noone does a similar stunt at the moment, at least that's how it looks - maybe William chose a "better" family to marry into one day.

Happy Birthday Catherine.

Its sad; the more the media talks about how bad the paparazzi have gotten, the worse they get. Its vicious. I'm sure all she wanted for her birthday was a little peace and quiet.

You know, I've taken a number of photography classes, and never once have I learned that stuffing the camera up the subject's nose is the way to get a good shot.

What are they thinking?!

Headline : Kate Middleton Pores of a Queen

In these exclusive pictures. How Kate Middleton snaged Prince William due to her excellent pores and lack of nose hair.

Oppie said:
Headline : Kate Middleton Pores of a Queen

In these exclusive pictures. How Kate Middleton snaged Prince William due to her excellent pores and lack of nose hair.

Kate uses concealer and foundation! Oh, the scandal.

Looking more closely at the picture, the snapper looks to have a similar camera as me. Therefore, I apologize on behalf of all Canon owners.

Here is another video from Sky News. This is really crazy. I'm surprised she didn't run over one of them. It is kind of weird that they were wishing her a happy birthday when, like somebody else said, clearly it would have been a happier one if they weren't there!

I just read here that Prince William released an official statement saying he wished "more than anything" that the press would leave Kate alone. I know we aren't supposed to link to the Royalist so does anyone have another source for that? I'd love to read the whole statement.

Last edited:
regardez said:
I just read here that Prince William released an official statement saying he wished "more than anything" that the press would leave Kate alone. I know we aren't supposed to link to the Royalist so does anyone have another source for that? I'd love to read the whole statement.

Page 8, post 157 in this thread! :flowers: There does not appear to be a full statement. :flowers:

I want to say she is being acting like a lady. Puttin a camera to her face and stalk her like that must make anyone at least upset, and all she does is ignore them.... I feel sorry for her. And someone should by her a gift certificate to wash that car lol

happy Birthday for her!

Last edited:
I watched the video from skynews...

One thing She forget to wear the safety belt...:ohmy:

karla64

To Catherine Middleton-

I hope you have a wonderful 25th Birthday. Keep smiling.

Your American admirer and friend.

Georgie A:)

poor catherine. can you imagine having to run thru that everyday! i think it's wonderful that the POW is really on her side and wants to help. the paparazzi might not have learned anything but the POW certainly did. well done charles!

Oppie said:
-theprincess I agree with your post but just to play devil advocate here. The pictures are rumoured to be selling for 20 000 (which would be 43 000 CND, if I remember my math right) if you were a pap would you be willing to let someone else get that type of money, probably not. That is why there is so many the demand is high enough that even if you only sell one picture you are making a lot of money.

You're right it is a tricky situation. As long as it sell newspapers, the paparazzi will continue to sell these pictures to the media for a high price. After seeing the video posted where Kate is leaving her house and the paparazzi are literally chasing her down the street to her car, i really hope something changes. Either more protection for Kate or maybe even the media stops printing these pictures. I know the 2nd thing will probably not happen, but that would be big step towards protecting the privacy of kate and other famous people.

Happy birthday Kate!

Hope your engagement takes place soon so that you can have security befitting a member of the Royal Family or future member of the Royal Family. It's scary to see the "paps" in her face while she is still an ordinary member of the public. Poor girl!

Stellad

Happy Birthday Kate!

it's sad that the press is just repeating what happened to Diana, the princess of wales almost 10 years ago!

The thing I worry most about is that this scrutiny will spell the end of the relationship. I would be most disappointed if the appalling treatment of Kate leads to her deciding that it's just not worth it. I imagine that William is seething right now, and rightly so.

It would be a shame if this treatment causes Kate to leave. And that leads to an even greater problem IMO....anyone who dates William will expect media scrunity....but this (constant media intrusion) could be a turn off for ANYONE.

WHO WOULD WANT TO MARRY HIM.

KelliB said:
The thing I worry most about is that this scrutiny will spell the end of the relationship. I would be most disappointed if the appalling treatment of Kate leads to her deciding that it's just not worth it. I imagine that William is seething right now, and rightly so.

You know, this has crossed my mind as well. I don't know if I could put up with it, to be honest. If I loved William as much as she does, I'd bite my tongue a lot, but at some point you have to think she's pulling her hair out over it sometimes. I don't remember hearing anything about Mary getting this kind of treatment when she was with Fred or Maxima with Willem-Alexander or Mette-Marit with Haakon. All of those women were commoners just like Kate.

If I was William, I would more than seething......this is a great girl who is putting up with a lot just to be with me, and this is what she's getting in return.

Zonk said:
It would be a shame if this treatment causes Kate to leave. And that leads to an even greater problem IMO....anyone who dates William will expect media scrunity....but this (constant media intrusion) could be a turn off for ANYONE.

WHO WOULD WANT TO MARRY HIM.

If the paparazzi run Kate off, I don't expect the next girl to get it any better. In fact, she'd probably get it worse. They'd be like, "Well, Kate couldn't take this much, so let's see what the new girl can handle."

And I'm sure someone will marry him, but it won't be easy getting there.

Actually I think all the current former commoners/now crown princesses had pretty much the same treatment from their adopted countries' press, and from the public if the message boards/chat rooms are representative. We just don't hear about it since the articles weren't in English! [If you don't believe me go to some of the other sections of this website to see discussions along the lines of: has your (previously unfavorable) opinion of princess x changed?]

All the girls were at some point considered plain, attention-seekers, ambitious social-climbers, pushy, partiers, lacking in glamor or style, and/or just not good enough for their prince. They were all desperate to nab their prince, did anything to stay in their prince's favor (lost weight, changed their style, took up his hobbies/friends, changed their jobs (or got a job in Kate's case), acted sweet, demure and discreet, changed their country of residence), and issued ultimatums.

It's not until after the engagement that they are transformed into wondrous perfect princesses.

Until the paps get bored with that story and it's time to go with the story about the fights, extravagance, impending divorce...

I love the royal soap opera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom