Kate Middleton Current Events 16: January 5-10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here here Duchess, Skydragon and Warren. But Warren, if you think it gets nasty here, you should read some other boards brimming with psychos and their hatred of Kate Middleton. Just really irrational and really vicious remarks.:wacko: I'm not surprised Kate is loaded up with security. From what I read at other boards, there are alot of sickos out here that I am convinced would do this girl harm if they thought they could get away with it. Not to mention stalkers, all kind of wackos who know where she lives and where she works. Bet the ranch she has received threats as well. She handles it all very well publicly anyway.

The photographers are now camped outside her front door. How many pics can they take of Kate/Catherine leaving for work and returning home each day? What newspaper would buy or publish such pics on a daily basis?

So, what's the agenda here? Are they hoping she'll swear at them, give them the finger, not put on her seatbelt, prang the car, shout, cry, break down, throw a tantrum? Are they trying to unsettle her so they can get the magic shot of "Kate loses it!" to make every London tabloid front page? Have the writers already written the "No Engagement - Kate's Despair" story, and are waiting for the right photo?

Unless the London newspaper-buying public is demanding to see pictures of Kate Middleton walking in and out of her front door every day of the week, the photographers are staking her out for another reason.

Warren said:
The photographers are now camped outside her front door. How many pics can they take of Kate/Catherine leaving for work and returning home each day? What newspaper would buy or publish such pics on a daily basis?

So, what's the agenda here? Are they hoping she'll swear at them, give them the finger, not put on her seatbelt, prang the car, shout, cry, break down, throw a tantrum? Are they trying to unsettle her so they can get the magic shot of "Kate loses it!" to make every London tabloid front page? Have the writers already written the "No Engagement - Kate's Despair" story, and are waiting for the right photo?

Unless the London newspaper-buying public is demanding to see pictures of Kate Middleton walking in and out of her front door every day of the week, the photographers are staking her out for another reason.

IMHO they wait for something to happen - it doesn't matter what. remember the stories about Charles and how he was pressured into popping the question to Diana when the media started stalking her? They try the same game again. Last time it worked...

Well,I for one feel for the girl.

Yes, she should expect the media and Britain to want to be somewhat interested. But really, photographers camped outside your door! She must be terrified. We've learned nothing from Diana Chronicles.

It's a cat & mouse game. So far I think Kate and William are playing it fairly well. In a perfect world I don't think they'll get engaged for another couple of years, but I will be happy if I'm wrong. Based on nothing but thin air and tabloid reports (ok, that's redundant), she seems to be his friend first and a loyal confidante. They seem well-suited and make a handsome couple. I hope this frenzied speculation doesn't harm their relationship.

Gotta go work on a project. Ahh in my next life I'll be a young pretty co-ed at St. Andy's and hook Will & Kate's grandson. LOL

Last edited:
Warren said:

I'm just guessing here, but yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

It's a business, and businesses of all kinds are ruthless, unfortunately.

Jo of Palatine said:
Can't we all agree to talk here only about proven facts and not take unreliable content from tabloids and use it to bash Ms. Middleton? (Didn't mean that as an answer to your post, Duchess. We were writing and posting at the same time, obviously.:flowers:)

I for one still wait for an official statement that Catherine Middleton receives personal police protection....

i agree Jo. :)

I feel sorry for Catherine, photographers camping outside her own door?? For goodness sake leave the girl alone!!!!!:wacko:

I've just seen live coverage on Sky News via satellite about the situation with catherine - and the questions of their anchorman were pretty tough when it came to the topic: Didn't they learn from Diana's death? So IMHO we see that the persistence of William and Catherine not to disclose anything about their private life and just let things hapen may bring "the public" (aka "the media") to their help: how long will people enjoy watching the harrassment of a young, innocent woman, who did nothing wrong but loving their future king?

Look - let's all stop feeling sorry for Kate shall we? When you date a Prince, you get photographed and that is the way the world works. It may not be right, it may not be fair but life isn't fair. People with more talent and more fame than Kate Middleton have lived their lives in the media glare and coped, now it's her turn. She can't be a Princess-in-waiting and a private citizen and if she can't hack that then she better find someone else to marry. End of.

I would be very interested in hearing how much the photographer got for the parking ticket pictures. It sounds like that was the flash point, the situation seems to have have gone nuts over the past few days.

I believe there were at least two photographers. Photos of the warden pointing his pen at Kate appear to be from different angles at the same time. One must be behind her and another from the road.

Well...at least someone with Press Complaints Commission thinks she is entitled to some privacy.

Tim Toulmin, the director of the PCC, said: "I cannot pre-judge anything but any complaint would be significant. This young woman is not the fiancée of Prince William or somebody who has chosen to be a celebrity. She is the girlfriend of Prince William, with no constitutional position, and is as entitled to her privacy as anyone else."

The full article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/06/nkate06.xml

Warren said:
All of them apparently, according to an interview with one on sky, the bounty at the moment for a 'really good pic' is £20,000

Right again, he said they shout obscenities at her to try to get her upset, annoyed, retaliating, anything for a 'diferent' picture. :wacko:
Wharf said that 'like Diana, she is probably enjoying the attention'. That must be why they are all anticipating an official complaint. sky news & this article.
Another point raised, was that it was the manager of Bouji's who may have phoned for the police, because his clientelle could not enter or leave the premises, which in the event of a fire, could have been fatal.

The photographer on sky did not feel that she was being over photographed, harassed or stalked! :wacko:

I wonder how the photograher would feel if he was Kate. I am sure he would have a different opinion!

This is crazy, can't choose another word. :ohmy: :wacko:
Is there any way to take legal actions against the photographers? To make them at least stop 'camping' in front of her house.

All of them apparently, according to an interview with one on sky, the bounty at the moment for a 'really good pic' is £20,000

Thanks, this is very interesting. I used an online convertor and came up with 45000 Canadian Dollars, which would have been tution and rent for me each year I was in university. That is insane :wacko: and I imagine it is only going to get worse. No wonder she needs protection it is probably a mob scence.

Look, people like Joan Crawford and Judy Garland were photographed wherever they went and whatever they did and they did just gave a smile and got on with it. If she can't take the media attention, she shouldn't have got involved with William. She's not a fool, she knew what the press attention would be like so I'm afraid I've got no sympathy for her whatsoever. If she can't cope now, how is going to cope if they do marry? It's just pathetic.

BeatrixFan said:
Look, people like Joan Crawford and Judy Garland were photographed wherever they went and whatever they did and they did just gave a smile and got on with it.

Times have changed, there may have been 4 - 5 photographers keeping a half way sensible distance, but not anymore. This is a mob and must be terrifying. Even Ingrid Sewell said she was once with Diana and she was more than frightened.
It is not, IMV, acceptable behaviour!

BeatrixFan said:
Look, people like Joan Crawford and Judy Garland were photographed wherever they went and whatever they did and they did just gave a smile and got on with it. If she can't take the media attention, she shouldn't have got involved with William. She's not a fool, she knew what the press attention would be like so I'm afraid I've got no sympathy for her whatsoever. If she can't cope now, how is going to cope if they do marry? It's just pathetic.

How on earth can you compare the behavior of photographers from 30 to 40 years ago to now. Back then...I am sure the photographers had some manners. This lot shows none! There is media attention and there is just plain foolishness. And ten photographers waiting for you to come outside, following you to work...its just ridiculous.

I live in the States (so I don't see the Royal Family on the telly a lot), but I am going to guess that if and when Kate marries into the family. The press is going to be kept at bay. And its not going to be like this.

Last edited:
I think it is the press who are causing the problem she can't leave her house or anything without them following her. I don't think it's a matter of her getting used to it, it effects others as well. Her neighbors the people she works with they aren't just causing her annoyance it's an annoyance for everyone else as well. And it is all for the sake of money that is what is so bad one good and different picture can make them rich.

So you've got one more photographer than usual. Joan Crawford had to walk through crowds of 10, 20 photographers and she dealt with it. She understood that her role in life meant that she was photographed alot and so she smiled, looked good for the camera and got on with life. Ok so the photographers are a bit OTT, well, if she doesn't make herself so inaccessible then they won't be. All she needs to do is wave, smile at them and then go about her business. Instead, we get this "Oh poor me" complex. It's unattractive, boring and just makes her whiny and bland.

BeatrixFan said:
Look - let's all stop feeling sorry for Kate shall we? When you date a Prince, you get photographed and that is the way the world works. It may not be right, it may not be fair but life isn't fair. People with more talent and more fame than Kate Middleton have lived their lives in the media glare and coped, now it's her turn. She can't be a Princess-in-waiting and a private citizen and if she can't hack that then she better find someone else to marry. End of.

I agree with you on the basic things but don't forget that dating a prince is not something you get money out. So it's her private amusement and thus she has a right to be just that: a private citizen. Here in Germany, we have laws protecting non-celeb people getting into contact with celebs - if their privacy is exposed, they have a right to get compensations - which is only fair IMHo, as the media makes money out of this celeb-non-celeb relationship.

I really have never understand how people can have such strong feeling toward a girl that they have never met. I have heard so many bad things said about Diana, Camilla, and now Kate. I did not read all the stories, but it seems that kate and her family could afford to pay police. Just let the poor girl be, she has not done anything to you. As far as she knows what she is getting in to, does not mean that she should get this kind of treatment.

I agree Jo. It's her private amusement. But the moment she started a relationship with the future King, she was going to be news. She was going to be photographed. She may or may not be in the relationship for money. If she is, surely she'd welcome it? When William finds out and chucks her, she can sell her story and bing-bang-boom, she's got money. If she isn't, then she's got to resign herself to the fact that she sells newspapers and that the media are going to follow her. That's her life. Nobody forced her into this relationship, she's in it of her own velition. Whatever comes with William, she has to accept.

BeatrixFan said:
Whatever comes with William, she has to accept.

No. IMHO there are some basic rights that even belong to people who are newsworthy. It can't be that Human Rights mean nothing only because some people are newsworthy and help selilng papers, generate viewers etc.

It's a give-and-take-thing and for me,t he fact that William one day will be monarch does not account for the harassment of his girlfriend!

If I'm a bricklayer, I expect to break a nail or two. Let's face it, she doesn't very little else all day, if she can't even force a smile for the odd photograph (of which there will be millions if she does become Princess of Wales and later Queen) then she's obviously not right from a practical point of view. Photographing her isn't harrassment. They're not trying to get upskirt shots. All the photos I've seen have been from a distance. They obviously aren't getting that close. Maybe she should just get over herself?

BeatrixFan said:
So you've got one more photographer than usual. Joan Crawford had to walk through crowds of 10, 20 photographers and she dealt with it. All she needs to do is wave, smile at them and then go about her business.
Crawford chose to be photographed to further her career one would imagine, the photographers were a lot more respectful than they are now. Being an actress, she obviously craved the publicity, hence her silly poses for the camera.
The photographers do not want a nice smiley photo of Catherine, they have got those, they want her looking unhappy, harrassed, upset or angry, nice smiley just doesn't pay the big money.
Catherine isn't the one complaining in point of fact, it is William, her parents and Clarence House and if she can't tell her boyfriend or parents what absolute bast*rds the photographers are being, then we really have reached a sorry state.

BeatrixFan said:
If I'm a bricklayer, I expect to break a nail or two. Let's face it, she doesn't very little else all day, if she can't even force a smile for the odd photograph (of which there will be millions if she does become Princess of Wales and later Queen) then she's obviously not right from a practical point of view. Photographing her isn't harrassment. They're not trying to get upskirt shots. All the photos I've seen have been from a distance. They obviously aren't getting that close. Maybe she should just get over herself?

But it was reported that she is shouted at. Not pleasant wording, so the media is trying to get a reaction from her at all costs. That is not right. Full stop.

BeatrixFan said:
of which there will be millions if she does become Princess of Wales and later Queen... Photographing her isn't harrassment. They're not trying to get upskirt shots.
If she becomes P'ss of W she will be shielded and protected from these stalkers. It is harassment when she is surrounded by these men shouting and screaming at her, I wonder how they would feel if it was their girlfriend/wife/daughter being treated this way. Shame on them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom