The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
The only policeman there this morning, was to ensure that the photographers did not block the pavement or road!

I expect the poor girl has to spend 30 minutes plucking up courage to step out of her front door!

Well that is stupid IMO she needs proper protection - something needs to be sorted out.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

On another thought: I recall having read about Diana that she already talked to certain journalists while she was not yet engaged and I definately recall media reports quoting her uncle Lord Fermoy that "of course his niece Lady Diana is still a virgin". I got the impression from reports like that that Charles was pushed by either Diana herself or her family/his family (Lord Fermoy's mother was lady-in-waiting and confidante of the Queen mother).

Noone does a similar stunt at the moment, at least that's how it looks - maybe William chose a "better" family to marry into one day.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Happy Birthday Catherine.

Its sad; the more the media talks about how bad the paparazzi have gotten, the worse they get. Its vicious. I'm sure all she wanted for her birthday was a little peace and quiet.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
You know, I've taken a number of photography classes, and never once have I learned that stuffing the camera up the subject's nose is the way to get a good shot.

What are they thinking?!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You know, I've taken a number of photography classes, and never once have I learned that stuffing the camera up the subject's nose is the way to get a good shot.

What are they thinking?!
Headline : Kate Middleton Pores of a Queen

In these exclusive pictures. How Kate Middleton snaged Prince William due to her excellent pores and lack of nose hair.

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Headline : Kate Middleton Pores of a Queen

In these exclusive pictures. How Kate Middleton snaged Prince William due to her excellent pores and lack of nose hair.
Kate uses concealer and foundation! Oh, the scandal.

Looking more closely at the picture, the snapper looks to have a similar camera as me. Therefore, I apologize on behalf of all Canon owners.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Here is another video from Sky News. This is really crazy. I'm surprised she didn't run over one of them. It is kind of weird that they were wishing her a happy birthday when, like somebody else said, clearly it would have been a happier one if they weren't there!

I just read here that Prince William released an official statement saying he wished "more than anything" that the press would leave Kate alone. I know we aren't supposed to link to the Royalist so does anyone have another source for that? I'd love to read the whole statement.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
I just read here that Prince William released an official statement saying he wished "more than anything" that the press would leave Kate alone. I know we aren't supposed to link to the Royalist so does anyone have another source for that? I'd love to read the whole statement.
Page 8, post 157 in this thread! There does not appear to be a full statement.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Courtier

I want to say she is being acting like a lady. Puttin a camera to her face and stalk her like that must make anyone at least upset, and all she does is ignore them.... I feel sorry for her. And someone should by her a gift certificate to wash that car lol

happy Birthday for her!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Courtier

I watched the video from skynews...

One thing She forget to wear the safety belt...

karla64
Old 01-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

To Catherine Middleton-

I hope you have a wonderful 25th Birthday. Keep smiling.

Your American admirer and friend.

Georgie A
Old 01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

poor catherine. can you imagine having to run thru that everyday! i think it's wonderful that the POW is really on her side and wants to help. the paparazzi might not have learned anything but the POW certainly did. well done charles!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
-theprincess I agree with your post but just to play devil advocate here. The pictures are rumoured to be selling for 20 000 (which would be 43 000 CND, if I remember my math right) if you were a pap would you be willing to let someone else get that type of money, probably not. That is why there is so many the demand is high enough that even if you only sell one picture you are making a lot of money.
You're right it is a tricky situation. As long as it sell newspapers, the paparazzi will continue to sell these pictures to the media for a high price. After seeing the video posted where Kate is leaving her house and the paparazzi are literally chasing her down the street to her car, i really hope something changes. Either more protection for Kate or maybe even the media stops printing these pictures. I know the 2nd thing will probably not happen, but that would be big step towards protecting the privacy of kate and other famous people.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Happy birthday Kate!

Hope your engagement takes place soon so that you can have security befitting a member of the Royal Family or future member of the Royal Family. It's scary to see the "paps" in her face while she is still an ordinary member of the public. Poor girl!

Stellad
Old 01-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Courtier

Happy Birthday Kate!

it's sad that the press is just repeating what happened to Diana, the princess of wales almost 10 years ago!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

work as usual for Wills's girlfriend as she turns 25
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...eton-birthday/

Kate Middleton on Hello magazine covers about her role as royals
http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazin.../08/0952cover/

photo ban on wills's girls
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...560800,00.html

Prince William's girlfriend faces scrutiny
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070109/...ess_in_waiting
Old 01-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Gentry

The thing I worry most about is that this scrutiny will spell the end of the relationship. I would be most disappointed if the appalling treatment of Kate leads to her deciding that it's just not worth it. I imagine that William is seething right now, and rightly so.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Administrator

It would be a shame if this treatment causes Kate to leave. And that leads to an even greater problem IMO....anyone who dates William will expect media scrunity....but this (constant media intrusion) could be a turn off for ANYONE.

WHO WOULD WANT TO MARRY HIM.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliB
The thing I worry most about is that this scrutiny will spell the end of the relationship. I would be most disappointed if the appalling treatment of Kate leads to her deciding that it's just not worth it. I imagine that William is seething right now, and rightly so.

You know, this has crossed my mind as well. I don't know if I could put up with it, to be honest. If I loved William as much as she does, I'd bite my tongue a lot, but at some point you have to think she's pulling her hair out over it sometimes. I don't remember hearing anything about Mary getting this kind of treatment when she was with Fred or Maxima with Willem-Alexander or Mette-Marit with Haakon. All of those women were commoners just like Kate.

If I was William, I would more than seething......this is a great girl who is putting up with a lot just to be with me, and this is what she's getting in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
It would be a shame if this treatment causes Kate to leave. And that leads to an even greater problem IMO....anyone who dates William will expect media scrunity....but this (constant media intrusion) could be a turn off for ANYONE.

WHO WOULD WANT TO MARRY HIM.

If the paparazzi run Kate off, I don't expect the next girl to get it any better. In fact, she'd probably get it worse. They'd be like, "Well, Kate couldn't take this much, so let's see what the new girl can handle."

And I'm sure someone will marry him, but it won't be easy getting there.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Nobility

Actually I think all the current former commoners/now crown princesses had pretty much the same treatment from their adopted countries' press, and from the public if the message boards/chat rooms are representative. We just don't hear about it since the articles weren't in English! [If you don't believe me go to some of the other sections of this website to see discussions along the lines of: has your (previously unfavorable) opinion of princess x changed?]

All the girls were at some point considered plain, attention-seekers, ambitious social-climbers, pushy, partiers, lacking in glamor or style, and/or just not good enough for their prince. They were all desperate to nab their prince, did anything to stay in their prince's favor (lost weight, changed their style, took up his hobbies/friends, changed their jobs (or got a job in Kate's case), acted sweet, demure and discreet, changed their country of residence), and issued ultimatums.

It's not until after the engagement that they are transformed into wondrous perfect princesses.

Until the paps get bored with that story and it's time to go with the story about the fights, extravagance, impending divorce...

I love the royal soap opera!

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton