The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

There is a video link on CNN, mostly recycled from previous items.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Old 01-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
I don;t know if anyone else feels this way but I just wish the press would calm down a bit.

Maybe she is the ONE but many people date for years and years, end up splitting then one partner goes ont o marry someone else very soon after. We can not be sure that William is even thinking of marriage let alone to Kate and how will her life be if they do not stay together.

Her early 20's have been spent with the press building her up into the Queen of England and it may not even happen. Why can't they just say future wife of William!

In a dream World , if William has no plans to marry maybe he should say so in some kind of interview or statement, I know that is not a regular thing to do but it might stop all this drama. I know he said so in the past and the press would probably not listen anyway but this whole atmosphere around Kate can not possibly be allowed to go on for too much longer without something being said.

I used to enjoy reading the odd story about Kate and seeing some pictures but it seems the press is wanting to make her into the new Diana by writing stories saying it is terrible how she is being treated.

William is 24, now in the army and that is HUGE for anyone let alone couple. Personally I feel an engagement at this stage would be silly, he does not have a normal life and I am not sure he or Kate need the pressure of being a Royal couple carrying out duties.

Obviously Diana was very young when she married but Charles had lived a good bit and had some experience in life.

Kate would have protection and that sort of security if she was to become his fiancee but it would be terrible if they got rushed into it.

I just feel the press, public et al need to take a chill pill, would Kate take up a job (I know she was meant to be working for her father or someone) if she was about to get engaged?? I am not so sure.

It is uncomfortable to watch and I feel bad for William and Kate, they are not a soap or tv show but two YOUNG people living in a media obsessed world and I just wish I could press PAUSE and let them live a little without speculation.

I am going to get of my soapbox now, I wish Kate/Catherine a very happy birthday and just hope this all calms down before too long.
I agree with some of your points - i do not know whether they are going to get married or not - but i think the press need to calm down. We haven't had an engagment yet and like you say it seems to me that the press is desperate for them to marry.

This is the problem for William, anyone he dates for a long time will find themselves subject to intense media scrutiny, including speculations regarding a possible engagment.

I live in the UK and according to reports, the palace are considering legal action or something of the sort. They did complain a while back and involved lawyers, but obviously that has not worked. (please correct me if i am wrong here)

The problem for Wills & Kate will not go away unfortunately. The press attention surrounding Kate will die down for a while, but then the paps will start to stalk her again. As long as they date, problems with the press will continue IMO.

Anyway - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton leaving her home for work wearing what seems to be a cannabis leaf print dress on her 25th Birthday
London, England- 09.01.07

PICTURES:
Kate
Kate 2
Kate 3

A few pictures of photographers and Kate
Kate and a photographer (I swear I would hit him, if it were me)
Photographers in front of her house
Photographers in front of her house 2
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:13 AM

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?acti...ecc33125fec215

That one definately needs a slap.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy Birthday Kate!

WORK AS USUAL FOR WILLS' GIRLFRIEND AS SHE TURNS 25

It may have been her birthday, but that didn't mean Kate Middleton could enjoy the luxury of a lie-in on Tuesday morning. Prince William's hard-working girlfriend was up early and looking immaculate as she left her Chelsea flat.

Pictures: Kate ; Kate 2
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

The next thing we'll see is the doubling or tripling of the media in front of Catherine's house because now in addition the more serious journalists will appear who want to cover the paparazzi doing their chase....

Edit: Just read that on the skynews-page:
"At least 40 paparazzi were outside her Chelsea home this morning as she left for work, along with six television crews and a host of foreign journalists."

The much more dangerous thing are the paparazzi who follow her around. One moment of divided attention could well end in an accident of Catherine's and innocent bystanders! Let's hope it doesn't end that way. It must be terrible for William to serve in the army while his girlfriends is endangered that way. especially after what happened to his mother.

But who knows? Maybe Catherine is doing the Royal family a favour: or do you think anyone who saw these pictures will doubt that a drunken driver is enough in a situation like that to kill the people he drives? There simply is no need for secret services and sinister plots. Paparazzi and a drunken driver is sufficient.

BTW - that one picture ith the camera in Catherine's face was disgusting!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

This one includes a video of the scum outside her flat and pursuing her along the road. The link is at the bottom and in red.

Press scrum over birthday girl Kate
Old 01-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Aristocracy

The group of photographers who hang around Kate's home look as if a bunch of vulture.

Could they ever leave her alone?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Administrator

This is getting more ridiculous and crazy by the day!

Happy Birthday Catherine!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs down

More pictures from getty of the Birthday girl, who doesn't have a quiet time at all, here.
It is really scary.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:01 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6245061.stm

Story on the harrassment of Kate from the BBC. I must say, I'm getting sick of seeing Dickie Arbiter.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Nobility

Where's the alleged policemen protection? She seemes pretty vulnerable in these photos. It is really sickening! You would have thought that they would have learned something from the past!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

William calls for paparazzi to 'stop chasing Kate'

Prince William wants "more than anything" for the paparazzi to stop harassing his girlfriend Kate Middleton, his aides have said

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1766&ito=1490

Paparazzi on prowl as William's girlfriend turns 25

Kate Middleton ran a gauntlet of photographers and film crews on her 25th birthday today as Prince William's aides said he would like the paparazzi to stop harrassing his girlfriend "more than anything".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...538116,00.html
Old 01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

whether you approve of her or not, you have to give her credit for grace and poise. i would have reacted and made the news in a "bad" way. this has gotten crazy in a scary way.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Aristocracy

I have to agree with Mr. Arbiter's statement that the paparazzi have learned
nothing from 1997. Could not the police force cite them for loitering or force them to disband outside her house at least? I know she is not entitled to a protection officer but I would think keeping them away from her house would be something the police could do. or can they not? Either way kudos to Catherine for working through all that rubbish with
grace and dignity.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense
Where's the alleged policemen protection? She seemes pretty vulnerable in these photos. It is really sickening! You would have thought that they would have learned something from the past!
The only policeman there this morning, was to ensure that the photographers did not block the pavement or road!

I expect the poor girl has to spend 30 minutes plucking up courage to step out of her front door!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

A few points:

1) The media (both British & otherwise) seriously needs to stop all this. Those pictures of all the paparazzi and tv crews lined up outside Kate's house are quite scary. It is understandable that the press are interested in her and want pictures of her--she is dating a very public figure, but do they really need to send at least a dozen photographers, not to meantion tv crews to film her? Couldn't they just send one or two photographers to snap a quick picture and then led this young women carry out with her life? This whole situation is seriously getting out of hand. The press knows full well that without an engagement annoucement Kate is not provided with police protection and in many ways taking advantage the situation.

2) Constant speculation about an engagement is also getting out of hand. I guess the press want an engagment because of all the newpapers they can sell, but as of right now there is no engagement. The press has been writing stories about a possible engagement for months know, yet nothing has happened so far. The press should really move on and talk about something else for a change. Constant speculation is not going to give the press what they want. Back of a little bit, give the couple some room to figure out what they want, and maybe it will happen. But all this constant attention isn't helping things. Untill (if ever) an engagement is announced there is no really story here. The press should try to stick to just covering william and their relationship, without speculating an engagement that might not even ever happen.

3) What ever you personal opinion about Kate, she has been dealing with a lot and deserves some credit for handling this situation as well as she has. Glad to see that she is now working, hopefull that will help take her mind off all this attention she is getting. Everytime, i read yet another story about a possible engagement i think what happens if they never actually get married. All this media attention and talk ''the future queen'' could all be for nothing.

Kate is still technical a private individual and will remain unless there is an engagement. The press should remember that and give her a little space. Beside, is it just me or is all this marriage speculation getting a bit boring to read about day after day, with no actual news to report?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense
I read in one paper that she has only one officer protecting her - that can't be true? One officer to 'beat' off 30 to 50 photographers.

I also read in the Evening Standard (UK paper) that the palace are seriously considering stepping up her security and that either Charles or William may pay for it. I don't know if that is true or not.

This intense media interest is getting CRAZEE!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Courtier

-theprincess I agree with your post but just to play devil advocate here. The pictures are rumoured to be selling for 20 000 (which would be 43 000 CND, if I remember my math right) if you were a pap would you be willing to let someone else get that type of money, probably not. That is why there is so many the demand is high enough that even if you only sell one picture you are making a lot of money.

-Now the problem is that there are paps covering Kate and press covering the paps so the interest has just doubled in a few short weeks.

-The engagment speculation, I don't understand why everyone is so sure that there will be an engagment this year. There are already two major events (the concert and Queen and Prince Philip anniversary) it seems from a logical point there is no chance of a wedding this year just based on those two things, add on that Kate just got a job and William starting his army career and William himself saying that he doesn't want to get married for a few more years. I agree that the speculation is out of control. If you look back and notice that people around William who are older and been in longer relationships and still are not married.

-I'm starting to notice a new angle to this story and that is that it is ok for William and Kate to get engaged because the Queen got engaged young well her husband was still in the navy, I don't think this needs to be pointed out but this isn't 1947.

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
The only policeman there this morning, was to ensure that the photographers did not block the pavement or road!

I expect the poor girl has to spend 30 minutes plucking up courage to step out of her front door!
Maybe there is something positivbe in it for both Catherine and William: at least she now experiences how it will be before she is committed. She will now see what William and his family can actually do to protect her, how supportive they are, what is required of her and how she personally feels on handling the situation.

A good example is CP Mary of Denmark who said in her engagement interviews something along the lines that while the media attention forced them to really think about a common future, it helped her deciding about if the pro or cons were more important to her. So when she said "yes" she knew what she was up against and how much support she was going to get and where that support would end so she would have to tackle certain thing all by herself.

I hope both come out of this with their relationship intact for if Catherine backs out, William is a poor guy!

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton