Kate Middleton Current Events 15: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Welcome to the new thread, dedicated to the
current events of Catherine (Kate) Middleton.

The old thread, covering period from November 27 to December 16
can be found here.

Before posting, please remember:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • This thread is for current events only
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
Enjoy posting!

If I May Id like to ask did she attend the Sandhurst Ball and if so are there Pics Thanks in Advance :)

This story is ridiculous, a week ago The Daily Mail ran stories that Kate was definitely going to be at Sandringham for Christmas. Proved wrong ( yet again) they make up the story that Kate says she won't go until she's married. The reality is that none of the girlfriends of the royals get invited to Christmas at Sandringham! Sophie when she was dating Edward was so involved with the royal family that she was invited on their annual holidays on the Britannia. In November 1997 (Long before she was engaged to Edward) Sophie was sitting front and centre with Edward and the Queen and DoE at the decommisioning ceremony of the Britannia. Yet Sophie before her marriage was never at Sandringham for Christmas.

Last year Kate and her mother were photographed in London at the sales on Boxing Day, so the article was wrong.

Ooooh! :ermm: Isn't that the sort of comment that gets you frozen out by the Royals? This is going to be very interesting.

Is the daily mail a reliable paper or is it a gossip rag? I can't remember

Royal Fan said:
If I May Id like to ask did she attend the Sandhurst Ball and if so are there Pics Thanks in Advance :)

Catherine did, apparently, go to the ball and I'm sure at some point pictures will surface. Just like at Harry's passing out, nobody was supposed to take pictures except the official army photographer and we all saw how someone added to his income, by taking and selling some! :flowers:

^and I'm sure pictures of Will and Kate together at the ball would sell for more!

Last edited:
I think the press is having a field day with Kate the last few days. First the article about reading her lips at William's graduation from Sandhurst and then the article about snobbing the royal family for not attending Christmas.

I think the press is after her because there is no announcment of a wedding. :ermm:

The Daily Mail really is too much sometimes. But I suppose there are still a few people out there who take that paper seriously. Whatever sells more copies, I suppose...:rolleyes:

i thought what Kate wore to the passing out parade was just lovey.
And these stories about xmas with the royal...i think it's just tabloids newspaper trying to boost their sales.

everything will happen in due couse - why rush into marriage - look what happen to his parent's marriage?!!

Royal Fan said:

The NEWS OF THE WORLD has one picture, bad quality like the Chelsy one. I assume it is a phone picture, Kate has a long, floaty white dress on.

regardez said:

What a load of nonsence, and to spare the Daily Mail's blushes they are making out Kate is some sort of wonder woman who is so amazing for telling the Royals where to stick their invite!

Anyone who follows the Royals should know she would not have been invited for Christmas lunch, this will be reserved for William's finacee or wife.

If Kate is to be William's wife in the future then she is right to spend as many Christmas periods with her family while she can.

it's good she is with her family for christmas, if she marry marry she will have to be all the christmas with the royal family

I doubt Kate was invited to spend Christmas and go to church with the RF in the first place. The DM is just covering its butt with that ridiculous story about Kate turning down an invitation from the Queen.:rolleyes: And why would she be invited? She's not engaged to William. One thing we know about QEII is that she holds to tradition in these circumstances. She didn't even attend her own son's civil wedding, only the CoE blessing ceremony. And if she invited Kate, wouldn't she have to invite the beau of Zara Phillips and girlfriend of her brother too?

Laviollette said:
I doubt Kate was invited to spend Christmas and go to church with the RF in the first place. The DM is just covering its butt with that ridiculous story about Kate turning down an invitation from the Queen.:rolleyes: And why would she be invited? She's not engaged to William. One thing we know about QEII is that she holds to tradition in these circumstances. She didn't even attend her own son's civil wedding, only the CoE blessing ceremony. And if she invited Kate, wouldn't she have to invite the beau of Zara Phillips and girlfriend of her brother too?

Exactly my opinion.

Thanks Laviollette! The dress looks like a chiffon piece.

Skydragon said:
Kate Middleton pegged to be the next British princess

London- She's pretty, but not drop dead gorgeous. She's clever, but quiet. She's got style, but she's not showy. The British public has made up its mind.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/breakingnews/breakingnews_9002166.html

"It is as if the imaginary hand of the British people is shoving the officer cadet and future King forward and saying, 'Go on, ask her, ask her.' "

*groan* I almost can't believe anyone would write this about Charles & Diana's son. Almost.

The dress is very pretty. I'm wondering what she's wearing around her wrist. That looks like a red Kabbala string.... (?)

(Oh, and hi, by the way, I'm new here)

Roslyn said:
"It is as if the imaginary hand of the British people is shoving the officer cadet and future King forward and saying, 'Go on, ask her, ask her.' "

*groan* I almost can't believe anyone would write this about Charles & Diana's son. Almost.

Shades of the time when Charles bought into the media's love affair with Lady Diana. Let's hope William is more resistant to that notion (and that he proposes to the right girl for him, Kate or not).

Princess_K said:
The dress is very pretty. I'm wondering what she's wearing around her wrist. That looks like a red Kabbala string.... (?)

(Oh, and hi, by the way, I'm new here)

Welcome, Princess_K. Thanks for posting the link to the larger version of the pic, Christinacg.

The dress does look pretty. I'd like to see a clearer pic with detail of the front of the dress. Hopefully we will get to see one in due course.

I think the red thing looks too thick to be a Kabbala string. My guess it's a wrist band of the "admit this person" type.

The Queen is a stickler for protocol and she would never invite Kate to Christmas at Sandringham without being engaged first. That's not to say that she may invite Kate to spend some time at the estate after Christmas, but only the royal family is present on the holiday itself.

christinacg said:
Here's a bigger picture from the ball; same one from wireimage as just posted.

http://previews5.wireimage.com/images/preview/11908596christina1261217200654050PM.jpg

Christina, thank you for enlarging that picture, it makes it easier to see the dress. Catherine's dress is lovely!! From what I can see in the photo, she looks very pretty as well. I hope we get to see a clear picture of her dress, and one of she and Prince William together.

I think the ribbon around her wrist seems to match Prince William's colours, but I could be wrong.

On another note, I don't believe Catherine would be so crass as to turn down an invitation from the Queen. I think the article is probably rubbish, and that she wasn't invited in the first place. That is the only logical explanation.

Laviollette said:

When I woke up this morning I had Channel 9 TV on here in Sydney, on their Morning Programme, and they were running this story - heading "Royal Snub".

One of the presenters actually said that he/she wondered (I was just waking up and wasn't really listening so which one it was I can't remember) whether or not Kate said "no" as an ultimatum!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom