The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 AM

The Times confirmed the Harewood House rumors. While not saying it is a certain thing, they are saying that it's likely that the new 6-bedroom house at Harewood Park will be William's "starter" seat if/when he "settles down." Also, the same article says that Catherine may have had Christmas Day lunch at Sandringham. It was in the Sunday Times, 17 December 2006.

Naturally, the Times did not mention the parking ticket! How on earth did they miss such news!

Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think if she really gets to married Prince william when she gives her first interview all these questions should be clarify because I think now when we write something about them we are just wondering and we are not sure of anything we write or say!!!!

Old 01-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense
It is the PRESS that's applying pressure.
Hm..., there have been rumours that William and Catherine are royally amused about the constant carping of the press about an upcoming engagement. And look at it this way: it's W&C who apply pressure on the tabloids to invent things. One gets the feeling things are heating up but there is no proof of it, there is no story, there are no revealing pictures, no reliable confessions by friends, no statements, there is simply nothing but a strong rumour that there might be fire while the tabloids are only producing smoke. There is nothing they can do except hunt two people who are obviously not really huntable. This failure makes editors and Royal correspondents crazy. Believe me, their nerves are blank by now, not those of William and Catherine.

For me as a seasoned journalist it's pure fun to follow their inventions... Desperate inventions at the moment. LOL!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:07 PM

The tabloids' fussing over this "story" is truly tragic, if you take a moment to consider this. It puts the people most involved in an awkward position. William could be pressured to do something he's only half-sure he wants to do. I don't like that.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I honestly don't think there is any danger of William or Catherine being forced into doing anything. With his fathers backing, he will do what he want's, in his own time!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Looks like being princess-in-waiting...and waiting has gone to plain jane's head.
Lav you're funny...if we didn't know better we might think you're starting to believe all these tabloid stories.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

Jo, I agree with you, there is no proof of an upcoming engagement. On the other hand, I think that each day that goes by of W and C being a couple is a day of "proof" for the press.

I think it is very impressive how these two young adults seem to take everything that happens around them in stride, always being prudent and responsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Hm..., there have been rumours that William and Catherine are royally amused about the constant carping of the press about an upcoming engagement. And look at it this way: it's W&C who apply pressure on the tabloids to invent things. One gets the feeling things are heating up but there is no proof of it, there is no story, there are no revealing pictures, no reliable confessions by friends, no statements, there is simply nothing but a strong rumour that there might be fire while the tabloids are only producing smoke. There is nothing they can do except hunt two people who are obviously not really huntable. This failure makes editors and Royal correspondents crazy. Believe me, their nerves are blank by now, not those of William and Catherine.

For me as a seasoned journalist it's pure fun to follow their inventions... Desperate inventions at the moment. LOL!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
. If Kate and William marry and the Queen makes her a Royal Duchess, then her friends won't be calling her Kate OR Catherine but rather Ma'am. The Kate vs. Catherine argument is immaterial.
But we are considering a scenario here where the girl is in line to be queen.
Catherine has a decidedly regal ring to it compared to Kate.

Are you sure that she will become a Royal Duchess if she married HRH Prince William during Her Majesty's reign? I thought that Royal Dukedoms were reserved for children of the Sovereign. The general consensus elsewhere in this forum is Prince William's wife will initially be Princess William of Wales. But I think people will immediately start calling her Princess Catherine or Princess Kate.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

if she marry she will be princess or duchess?

Kate is a nickname, diana hated the nicknema ''di'' but until her death her was nemed in that way, may be kate want to named her in a more formal way for that ''catherine'' but a nickname is irresistible for the press
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Queen Victoria gave her grandson Prince Albert Victor the title of Duke of Clarence and Avondale, and Prince George - Duke of York. At this moment it is uncertain if/what peerage he will get.

She will be HRH Princess William of Wales and possibly Duchess of Something or Countess of Something, but until that happens it is all speculation. Unless of course they get married when Charles is King, then she will automatically be Duchess of Cornwall and most likely Princess of Wales.

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Courtier

Just the ticket for Kate Middleton It has big picture check it out..

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article....0&in_page_id=7
Old 01-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Queen Victoria gave her grandson Prince Albert Victor the title of Duke of Clarence and Avondale, and Prince George - Duke of York. At this moment it is uncertain if/what peerage he will get.

She will be HRH Princess William of Wales and possibly Duchess of Something or Countess of Something, but until that happens it is all speculation. Unless of course they get married when Charles is King, then she will automatically be Duchess of Cornwall and most likely Princess of Wales.
You're right Oppie, I was going under the assumption that the Queen would grant William a royal dukedom upon marriage since that is traditionally how its done.

She may not; she only made Edward an Earl but she at least granted him a title so I think she would do the same for William. As you say, whether its a dukedom or an earldom remains to be seen.

I somehow think the Queen will live long enough for William to get married in her lifetime but that again is speculation.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
Just the ticket for Kate Middleton It has big picture check it out..

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article....0&in_page_id=7

Is the police officer looking at her legs?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
Is the police officer looking at her legs?
I think he was a traffic warden and he was probably smirking because he managed to book another poor motorist, double whammy because of who she was.
P.S
I love what Kate was wearing
Old 01-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Or Kittycat, come to think of it. Free Willy from his Kittycat's claws...
Oh Wow! Meow..... I just adore this.

Free Willy?

Kittycat's claws?

Why do I think those quotes are going to haunt us 'til forever.

As has often been said..."Laughter is the best medicine". Thank you Jo, from the bottom of my heart.

Wit is the very best way to start the New Year!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate's caught in a real fine mess
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007000421,00.html

what Wills think about comments?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Nobility

I'm sure she was just annoyed that the cameras were there to capture the moment.

No Royal Ticket for Prince William's Girl
Old 01-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Nobility

Kate has certainly started dressing more 'trendy' since starting her job at JIGSAW, I have noticed she has more accessories these days.

Sad that her getting a ticket is news, the press is so annoying at times.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's quite obvious he recognised her, especially with the photographer there as well. He saw it as his chance to grab 5 seconds of fame. He will be showing the picture to his friends (if he has any).

Some of them are such slime!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

her skirt is bit too small IMO

Tags
kate middleton