Kate Middleton Current Events 15: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiyo said:
Wow, if a parking ticket is indicative of a rotten soul, what would happen if she ever got a speeding ticket? Or god forbid, forgot to renew her license plates? Or accidentally left a label on a glass bottle in the recycling bin?

This woman is a menace!!

Oh no, I saw her knees as she put that milk bottle in the recycle bin, the harpy! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

If she's going to play the public figure, she's open for criticism whether it's justified or not.

Not here she isn't, if it's unjustified.

Ah. I forgot. Here she remains St Kate of Middleton. Well, I think the parking ticket criticism is justified. She seemed to enjoy being photographed breaking the law. Sadly, this doesn't make her more interesting. She's now just a boring law breaker.

Read my post again, please. I said that UNjustified criticism isn't acceptable here.

BeatrixFan said:
Ah. I forgot. Here she remains St Kate of Middleton. Well, I think the parking ticket criticism is justified. She seemed to enjoy being photographed breaking the law. Sadly, this doesn't make her more interesting. She's now just a boring law breaker.

Darn, I received a parking ticket twice, and one for speeding to, but somehow I like to imagine that that doesn't make me boring. And as a former leader of the waterscouts in my hometown I was a sort of rolemodel to, so I feel a connection here with Kate and I am inclined to forgive her ;)

Anyway, Kate is clearly in line with royal tradition. Didn't Carl-Phillip of Sweden and his sister Madelaine get some fines not to long ago? And I remember the Prince of Orange crushing a royal volvo in germany (emberassingly enough with his then girlfriend Emily Bremers next to him.

Yes Marengo but you're good looking and smiley. Kate's rather plain and sulky. And I like you, I don't like her. So therefore my criticism still stands.

Now, you almost made me blush ;).
But maybe you have to confess that you are rather insensitive to female charms, as am I though I can appreciate that she has lovely dark hair and nice cheeks and complexion.

Looking sulky every now and then seems rather royal to, maybe Kate was taught by the Princess Royal... As long as we keep her away from the Londen-based (Dutch) Prince Friso it might turn out for the best though, as he must be the grumpiest royal who ever saw the face of the earth (IMHO).

But Princess Anne's sulking was always nice. She's Royal. She's allowed to sulk. Kate's not. I'm not asking for her to sing The Carpenters and walk around with birds, squirrels and rabbits following her but I would like her to be a bit different. Sort of, being someone completely and entirely different, different.

BeatrixFan said:
She shouldn't have got a parking ticket in the first place. Some role model. It's not a big issue, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter and I would have reacted the same way. But it's her, I don't like her and so I can criticise her whatever she does. And that's life.

who said she was anyone's role model? i'm sure she's not pretending to be a role model and the fact that she's dating the prince doesn't automatically make her a role model.

Oh I see. Dating a Prince doesn't automatically make you a role model but dating a Prince does automatically make you a good Queen consort? Gawd bless 'er.

karla64 said:
'Ello, 'Ello, 'Ello: Kate's New blush with the Law

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1592/1/
These are not the greatest pictures of Kate. She really looks haggard and even old. I assume the police protection officer is not there to protect her from the traffic cops or the paps. Doesn't look like it's working at least as far as the paps are concerned and it's a good idea for her to accept her next parking ticket with a little more grace.

It's true. She does look extremely old and haggard. The bags under her eyes look big enough to carry her shopping home in and her cheeks look like they're popping down to meet her toes. How old is she? She looks like a rough 30.

WOW. Before, I at least has some respect for her, but now she seems like anyother rich spoiled girl. Bring an officer of the law with you because you don't want to be photographed or want another ticket? Kate really needs to get over herself. I sure hope, she herself is paying for the officers time with her. :bang: GOD. She reminds of a little girl.:wacko: Anyways. Thats my opinon. :)

BeatrixFan said:
It's true. She does look extremely old and haggard. The bags under her eyes look big enough to carry her shopping home in and her cheeks look like they're popping down to meet her toes. How old is she? She looks like a rough 30.

If you dislike her so much why dont you just avoid the topic, is quite annoying to read you over and over complain about Kate; we get it you dont like her

And it's quite annoying to read those who adore her sing her praises every five minutes. Welcome to the world of free speech.

Wow...what an extremely rough crowd and tons of catty remarks...some of them undeserved in my opinion.

Where oh where should I begin.
BeatrixFan said:
Oh I see. Dating a Prince doesn't automatically make you a role model but dating a Prince does automatically make you a good Queen consort? Gawd bless 'er.

You are quite correct. Dating a prince does not make you a role model but it can you make you a good Queen consort or a bad one. Since she isn't married who knows which one she will be.

Kendra said:
WOW. Before, I at least has some respect for her, but now she seems like anyother rich spoiled girl. Bring an officer of the law with you because you don't want to be photographed or want another ticket? Kate really needs to get over herself. I sure hope, she herself is paying for the officers time with her. :bang: GOD. She reminds of a little girl.:wacko: Anyways. Thats my opinon. :)

I am confused. Do you know something we don't...like why she is being accompanied by a police officer? For all anyone knows, Kate has received any threats or the officer is being paid by the personal funds of the Wales's or based upon the closeness of the press, she felt her physically threatened and the officer was assigned/offered to walk her to her car.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people are acting like Kate committed murder, roberry or treason just by getting a parking ticket. Calling her a lawbreaker is just a tad ridiculous. I assume by some of the posts, that no one here as ever ran late, didn't have have enough change for the meter or has never received a parking ticket!

Last edited:
Well, she is a law breaker. If we want to be technical - she has broken the law. Ok, I've broken the law before now. But I'm not dating Prince William.

Chiyo said:
Wow, if a parking ticket is indicative of a rotten soul, what would happen if she ever got a speeding ticket? Or god forbid, forgot to renew her license plates? Or accidentally left a label on a glass bottle in the recycling bin?

This woman is a menace!!
The problem is not her receiving a parking ticket. It is the way she received her parking ticket--graceless. After the Kate/Catherine stuff, it just adds to my irritation with her.

She now has six protection officers and of course this story puts Kate in the best possible light, again, which she does not deserve.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=426538&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

BeatrixFan said:
And it's quite annoying to read those who adore her sing her praises every five minutes. Welcome to the world of free speech.

Its funny how some use "free speech" as an excuse for plain nastiness. Everyone is welcome to share their opinion (whether it be pro or con) but rudeness is never welcome:ermm:

Well, I sort of think, seeing as I'm now paying money from my taxes for this girl, I've got a right to have an opinion on her whether it fits with what you'd like me think of her or not.

Missing the point. :bang: :bang:

No one says you don't have a right to an opinion on her....its the manner in which you verbalize it is the problem IMO. And apparently....others think the same as well.

avrilo said:
If you dislike her so much why dont you just avoid the topic, is quite annoying to read you over and over complain about Kate; we get it you dont like her
There are many more voices against her now than just a few. Her months and months of shopping, holidaying and whatever else she was doing, except supporting herself with work, has made some take another look at Kate. She just seems spoiled and pampered, jmo. It's like her "status" as "royal girlfriend" has gone to her head. Again, jmo. She's just graceless, imo.

its the manner in which you verbalize it is the problem IMO.

Well I'm afraid thats me. You don't have to read or agree with my posts and I won't be at all hurt or offended if you ignore my posts from now on.

It's like her "status" as "royal girlfriend" has gone to her head.

I agree totally. I mean, who laughs when they get a ticket? It's as though she was saying, "Oh well, Daddy will pay the fine" - there are families who'd see £100 as incredibly vital and yet here she is showing off at having been fined as if it were something to be proud of. Take away Prince William and you have a vacuous non-entity with no talent, bog standard looks and a lazy, spoiled temperament. Hardly a glowing CV is it?

avrilo said:
Well, this isn't really my discussion, but it isn't very refershing to hear Kate praised about like she is the next Pope either.:)

BeatrixFan said:
I agree totally. I mean, who laughs when they get a ticket? It's as though she was saying, "Oh well, Daddy will pay the fine" - there are families who'd see £100 as incredibly vital and yet here she is showing off at having been fined as if it were something to be proud of. Take away Prince William and you have a vacuous non-entity with no talent, bog standard looks and a lazy, spoiled temperament. Hardly a glowing CV is it?

I have actually laughed when getting a ticket!:ROFLMAO: I am sure I am not the only one.

On another note, some of the comments just show how each of sees things differently. I am thinking the laugh was something like, "What a way to start/end a day with a ticket!" and "Well, this will be in the news tomorrow."

We are missing the point of posting her current events, the only opinon that matters on Miss Middleton is the one of her boyfriend, because it puts her on the public eye, and either like you like it or not she is selling papers, and makin an impression on people otherwise we woulnt be talkin about her and her stupid parking ticket and saying she is the worst kind of people cause she laughed.

Im sure Beatrixfan knows her personally so she can say she is a
vacuous non-entity with no talent, bog standard looks and a lazy, spoiled temperament.

Zonk said:
I have actually laughed when getting a ticket!:ROFLMAO: I am sure I am not the only one.

On another note, some of the comments just show how each of sees things differently. I am thinking the laugh was something like, "What a way to start/end a day with a ticket!" and "Well, this will be in the news tomorrow."

Me to. I didn't know what else to do and as they were right in fining me I found it a bt unpolite to become angry and I hate to create a scene on the street so shouting wasn't an option either.

I share your more optimistic view on Kate's response to. I don't thin k anybody would laugh because daddy will pay the ticket, apart from Paris Hilton maybe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom