The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
poor kate...she's obviously done the most foul thing any potential royal bride can do...she's showed too much thigh! how can we expect this woman to be a positive role model now? what charity will want her to be their patron? would any reputable hospital want to have her visiting their patients? and how can the church of england possibly allow a woman like this to be the wife of the head of the church? i'm sorry but this harlot will just have to go!
Priceless Duchess, absolutely priceless!

Old 12-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Over a page of posts on Kate's legs, and no doubt more to come. Soon enough it will be exaggerated into a Sharon Stone moment, the story will become confused with the (following morning's?) "inappropriate" work clothes, and before you know it...

Old 12-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Administrator

OMG....its not that serious folks!

She didn't flash a lot of leg coming out of the car. Compared to some celebrities, various "new princesses" etc., Catherine has continued to impress me with the way she handles the press. She could be courting the press or just plain nasty, instead she does nothing and is called scowling, mean, etc. She can't win. She is not going to please everyone but if you don't like her...can we not be so superficial about it?! I mean, does EVERYONE on this board walk around smiling 24/7? Should Kate?!

She is a normal middle upper class girl who is dating a member of the Royal Family and is doing the best she can.

In response to the comments about her partying and getting up to go to work the next day...what do you expect? If she stayed home, then people would question her committment to the job..her boyfriend just finished his millitary training and she wants to spend time with him...should she have stayed home?.....and she is at the age where she can burn the candle at both ends. Staying up late and getting up early? Surely, she is not the first person to do that? And does it matter what she is wearing? Is anyone on this board privy to her company's dress code? She works for an accessories store right? Not a brokerage house, law firm, etc. She doesn't have to wear a suit? Maybe they have casual Friday's? She is assistant buyer right? Not a manager, director, etc? She has been working for a couple of days...so I am pretty sure she has confirmed with her "employer or fellow employee's" what is acceptable work attire.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Aristocracy

Oh, don't be silly. Don't you know this random collection of royal-watchers on the internet is the best pool of girlfriends available? :)

People need to lighten up. The royals and their friends are humans, not museum pieces.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
I said we can enjoy our life without showing our legs so much. I agree. This woman is not suitable for Prince Williams. Of course, he is not perfect, either...I suppose that we must "take" our princes, and presidents and popular characters as inmorals as they are, for only old fashioned persons have any idea of what morals is.

We can enjoy the life, goes to parties and have a nice, fun life, without being like some nowadays people are. The words "modern" and "funny" are becoming more and more synonim of the most horrid things.

Vanesa.
On what basis Kate is not suitable for Prince Willaim?? He also goes out have a drink with his friends including kate with him, dont forget that he is also a young guy who likes to enjoy him self even if hes our future king , kate is no exception, shes a young Brit girl, goes out with her mates and have a couple of drinks here and there, i dont see anything wrong in that, shes not excatly out every night!!

what can the poor girl do?? the photographers wont leave her alone and they happen to caught her in an silly position, so what?? one night and now its gone, big deal
Old 12-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Remember we have The Public's Expectations of Kate as William's girlfriend thread to discuss Kate's suitability.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
I said we can enjoy our life without showing our legs so much. I agree. This woman is not suitable for Prince Williams. Of course, he is not perfect, either...I suppose that we must "take" our princes, and presidents and popular characters as inmorals as they are, for only old fashioned persons have any idea of what morals is.

We can enjoy the life, goes to parties and have a nice, fun life, without being like some nowadays people are. The words "modern" and "funny" are becoming more and more synonim of the most horrid things.
Vanesa.
Many of the royals from past generations were very 'immoral'. They had affairs like it was their job, drank excessively and did many things that you could criticize current royals for doing. Kate seems like quite a good person and the fact that she drinks a little or accidently flashes a little leg does not make her unsuitable for William.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
how sad that a young woman shows a bit of leg whilist getting out of a car, I mean after the recent Britney Spears pictures how Kate even made the news for this is beyond me.
Well, Britney wasn't exactly photographed at 2:30 AM in the morning with PRINCE WILLIAM. Britney also isn't tipped to be the next Princess of Wales.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Princes' girlfriends top Internet search list

no surprise there really!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Courtier

new Kate pics (12-22-06)
http://www.fotobank.com/editorial/R024-6070/37.html
Old 12-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate, the coal miner's girl

Pit explosions that killed scores. A plague that wiped out 30,000. A tiny village with THIRTY pubs. Revealed for the first time, the extraordinary, dirt-poor family past of the girl who would be Queen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1766&ito=1490
Old 12-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Courtier

More drivel from the Daily Mail. What are they gonna do if William never proposes to Kate? Have a nervous breakdown?
Old 12-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra
Well, Britney wasn't exactly photographed at 2:30 AM in the morning with PRINCE WILLIAM. Britney also isn't tipped to be the next Princess of Wales.

Thought I should say I made a mistake in my post and not sure if you took it the wrong way.

I meant to say it was sad that someone could not show some leg without it making such a big fuss. Compared to the Britney antics, Kate showing her leg is nothing and certainly not worth the fuss made.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Aristocracy

I think what Kenda was trying to point out was that there is a different expectation of behaviour with a pop star vis a vis someone heavily tipped to become a Queen of England. Kenda, I apologize if I'm wrong. :)
Old 12-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Thought I should say I made a mistake in my post and not sure if you took it the wrong way.

I meant to say it was sad that someone could not show some leg without it making such a big fuss. Compared to the Britney antics, Kate showing her leg is nothing and certainly not worth the fuss made.
I understand. I was coming from a different point of view.
And thank-you for explaining HighGoalHighDreams.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:27 AM
Nobility

It is so distaseful and vulgar to speculate on Diana's opinions on things liek this. I don't think these Diana comparission stories help or hurt Kate. I just think it makes the Daily Mail look like idiots. Remember earlier this year they compared their fashion choices?

Diana 'would have liked a daughter'
Old 12-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Royal Highness

i thought it was a nice article. the only thing distastefu about is a former employee is talking again.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
originally posted by regardez
It is so distaseful and vulgar to speculate on Diana's opinions on things liek this. I don't think these Diana comparission stories help or hurt Kate. I just think it makes the Daily Mail look like idiots. Remember earlier this year they compared their fashion choices?

Diana 'would have liked a daughter'
The article is interesting and makes me wonder if Diana really would have liked a daughter. I think every woman would. But why the heck is her former private secretary talking about things like this? She seems to be wanting to milk the press for her own benefit. That is unfortunate.

Also, it seems The Daily Mail is just on a roll with any type of story with a link to Kate Middleton. The one they did a few days ago with her family of coal miners, was a little bit much.

They are just running with this story. I hope the outcome is an engagement or they will end up with egg on their face.

Also, anyone know when Kate and William are going on their ski trip? I thought I read that a few weeks back. I think it said it would be to celebrate her birthday?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Isn't is old news that Diana and Charles too wanted a daughter? How does that translate into Diana approving of Kate as a wife for her son Wills? Personally, even though I'm no fan of Chelsy's, I think Di would have loved her more because of her free spirit. Di was very anti-establishment especially toward the end of her life and Kate strikes me as being very establishment. But we will all never know what Diana would have thought of her sons current gf's or future wives, do we?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Personally, even though I'm no fan of Chelsy's, I think Di would have loved her more because of her free spirit. Di was very anti-establishment especially toward the end of her life and Kate strikes me as being very establishment. But we will all never know what Diana would have thought of her sons current gf's or future wives, do we?
As you say none of us will ever know, but whilst Diana may have wanted to be seen as being just like 'one of you', I don't think she would have given up the extra wealth or status she fought for in the divorce. She would also not have wanted either of the boys to endanger their standing within the establishment. I don't believe Di was anti establishment, just anti Charles and his family.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton