The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Wow, if a parking ticket is indicative of a rotten soul, what would happen if she ever got a speeding ticket? Or god forbid, forgot to renew her license plates? Or accidentally left a label on a glass bottle in the recycling bin?

This woman is a menace!!
The problem is not her receiving a parking ticket. It is the way she received her parking ticket--graceless. After the Kate/Catherine stuff, it just adds to my irritation with her.

She now has six protection officers and of course this story puts Kate in the best possible light, again, which she does not deserve.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5

Old 01-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
And it's quite annoying to read those who adore her sing her praises every five minutes. Welcome to the world of free speech.
Its funny how some use "free speech" as an excuse for plain nastiness. Everyone is welcome to share their opinion (whether it be pro or con) but rudeness is never welcome

Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 PM

Well, I sort of think, seeing as I'm now paying money from my taxes for this girl, I've got a right to have an opinion on her whether it fits with what you'd like me think of her or not.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Commoner

Missing the point.

No one says you don't have a right to an opinion on her....its the manner in which you verbalize it is the problem IMO. And apparently....others think the same as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
If you dislike her so much why dont you just avoid the topic, is quite annoying to read you over and over complain about Kate; we get it you dont like her
There are many more voices against her now than just a few. Her months and months of shopping, holidaying and whatever else she was doing, except supporting herself with work, has made some take another look at Kate. She just seems spoiled and pampered, jmo. It's like her "status" as "royal girlfriend" has gone to her head. Again, jmo. She's just graceless, imo.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
its the manner in which you verbalize it is the problem IMO.
Well I'm afraid thats me. You don't have to read or agree with my posts and I won't be at all hurt or offended if you ignore my posts from now on.

Quote:
It's like her "status" as "royal girlfriend" has gone to her head.
I agree totally. I mean, who laughs when they get a ticket? It's as though she was saying, "Oh well, Daddy will pay the fine" - there are families who'd see 100 as incredibly vital and yet here she is showing off at having been fined as if it were something to be proud of. Take away Prince William and you have a vacuous non-entity with no talent, bog standard looks and a lazy, spoiled temperament. Hardly a glowing CV is it?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
If you dislike her so much why dont you just avoid the topic, is quite annoying to read you over and over complain about Kate; we get it you dont like her
Well, this isn't really my discussion, but it isn't very refershing to hear Kate praised about like she is the next Pope either.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan

I agree totally. I mean, who laughs when they get a ticket? It's as though she was saying, "Oh well, Daddy will pay the fine" - there are families who'd see 100 as incredibly vital and yet here she is showing off at having been fined as if it were something to be proud of. Take away Prince William and you have a vacuous non-entity with no talent, bog standard looks and a lazy, spoiled temperament. Hardly a glowing CV is it?
I have actually laughed when getting a ticket! I am sure I am not the only one.

On another note, some of the comments just show how each of sees things differently. I am thinking the laugh was something like, "What a way to start/end a day with a ticket!" and "Well, this will be in the news tomorrow."
Old 01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Courtier

We are missing the point of posting her current events, the only opinon that matters on Miss Middleton is the one of her boyfriend, because it puts her on the public eye, and either like you like it or not she is selling papers, and makin an impression on people otherwise we woulnt be talkin about her and her stupid parking ticket and saying she is the worst kind of people cause she laughed.

Im sure Beatrixfan knows her personally so she can say she is a
Quote:
vacuous non-entity with no talent, bog standard looks and a lazy, spoiled temperament.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I have actually laughed when getting a ticket! I am sure I am not the only one.

On another note, some of the comments just show how each of sees things differently. I am thinking the laugh was something like, "What a way to start/end a day with a ticket!" and "Well, this will be in the news tomorrow."
Me to. I didn't know what else to do and as they were right in fining me I found it a bt unpolite to become angry and I hate to create a scene on the street so shouting wasn't an option either.

I share your more optimistic view on Kate's response to. I don't thin k anybody would laugh because daddy will pay the ticket, apart from Paris Hilton maybe
Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Im sure Beatrixfan knows her personally
Good God no. But I do own a pair of eyes so I see what she does and draw my opinions from what I see and from what I see, she remains, IMO, a vacuous, non-entity with no talent, bog standard looks and a lazy spoiled temperament.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Wow! That is so much to conclude from watching her through the media.

But from where I stand, she hasn't betrayed much. Getting a parking ticket shows me she is just human and she dealt with it admirably, I think. I mean, it's quite humiliating receiving your ticket and being told off in front of the camera, knowing only too well that it will be publicised to the whole world.
For us, we would just creep quietly back to our family and friends.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
We are missing the point of posting her current events, the only opinon that matters on Miss Middleton is the one of her boyfriend
Really? And the hardworking tax payers that will be paying for her lavish vacations, life style etc. don't have any say?

Quote:
and either like you like it or not she is selling papers, and making an impression on people
Well, apparently not that good of an impression. The policeman didn't even know who she was...
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra
Really? And the hardworking tax payers that will be paying for her lavish vacations, life style etc. don't have any say?
Where is your proof that the tax payers are paying for her lavish vacations, life style, etc.?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Where is your proof that the tax payers are paying for her lavish vacations, life style, etc.?
I said, "WILL" meaning IF she WERE to marry William. As of right now, her mommy and daddy pay for her lifestyle, since just recently she hadn't worked since she graduated.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Then I stand corrected.

But that just makes all the criticism regarding her lack of work, lavish lifestyle, vacations and even the parking ticket a tad more ridiculous IMO. She is a private citizen who happens to date a royal. While the British public definitely has a right to say/judge what they are paying for....in reality....as long as she isn't rude, loud, does the required engagements, produces an heir, obnoxious and loves and supports her husband.....I think they will go for her. Boring or lack of a work eithic notwithstanding. For the record, I am not a Pro Kate fan, she is not that exciting to me as well but nor do I see her as a reincarnation of the devil.

Wouldn't it be interesting in 5 years, and William is married to someone else, that we look back at these threads with wonder? Honestly, based on what some of the women that Charles dated prior to marrying Diana and Camilla, and what those two went thru, as well as Kate (not the mention Andrew and Edward's previous girlfriends) ....its a wonder ANYONE wants to marry into this family. The public and press are cruel beyond words.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The public and press are cruel beyond words.
That's my view of the matter, basically.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I said, "WILL" meaning IF she WERE to marry William. As of right now, her mommy and daddy pay for her lifestyle, since just recently she hadn't worked since she graduated.
It seems like someone else is always going to pay Kate's way IF she ends up marrying William. She was, until recently, being paid for by her wealthy parents, who still largely support her lifestyle since she doesn't work enough (4 days a week) or make enough money to afford the lavish life she leads. She will be taken care of by either William, the Duchy of Cornwall or the British taxpayers IF she were to end up William's wife. Must be nice.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Actually no the taxpayers don't have a say in who William chooses to marry.

Whomever he chooses to marry will be his decision and his decision alone and the taxpayers can accept that or reject his decision by removing the monarchy completely.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Ladies, the discussion about the parking ticket was left discarded several posts ago.

Let's bring this discussion back to Kate's Current Events please.

We realize that Kate's not doing much exciting now besides getting a parking ticket and that's not very exciting but we can't do anything about that.

Thanks.

ysbel
British forums moderator

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton