The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Wow, if a parking ticket is indicative of a rotten soul, what would happen if she ever got a speeding ticket? Or god forbid, forgot to renew her license plates? Or accidentally left a label on a glass bottle in the recycling bin?

This woman is a menace!!
Oh no, I saw her knees as she put that milk bottle in the recycle bin, the harpy!

Old 01-04-2007, 04:16 PM

If she's going to play the public figure, she's open for criticism whether it's justified or not.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not here she isn't, if it's unjustified.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:23 PM

Ah. I forgot. Here she remains St Kate of Middleton. Well, I think the parking ticket criticism is justified. She seemed to enjoy being photographed breaking the law. Sadly, this doesn't make her more interesting. She's now just a boring law breaker.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Read my post again, please. I said that UNjustified criticism isn't acceptable here.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Courtier

'Ello, 'Ello, 'Ello: Kate's New blush with the Law

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1592/1/
Old 01-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Ah. I forgot. Here she remains St Kate of Middleton. Well, I think the parking ticket criticism is justified. She seemed to enjoy being photographed breaking the law. Sadly, this doesn't make her more interesting. She's now just a boring law breaker.
Darn, I received a parking ticket twice, and one for speeding to, but somehow I like to imagine that that doesn't make me boring. And as a former leader of the waterscouts in my hometown I was a sort of rolemodel to, so I feel a connection here with Kate and I am inclined to forgive her

Anyway, Kate is clearly in line with royal tradition. Didn't Carl-Phillip of Sweden and his sister Madelaine get some fines not to long ago? And I remember the Prince of Orange crushing a royal volvo in germany (emberassingly enough with his then girlfriend Emily Bremers next to him.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:30 PM

Yes Marengo but you're good looking and smiley. Kate's rather plain and sulky. And I like you, I don't like her. So therefore my criticism still stands.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Now, you almost made me blush .
But maybe you have to confess that you are rather insensitive to female charms, as am I though I can appreciate that she has lovely dark hair and nice cheeks and complexion.

Looking sulky every now and then seems rather royal to, maybe Kate was taught by the Princess Royal... As long as we keep her away from the Londen-based (Dutch) Prince Friso it might turn out for the best though, as he must be the grumpiest royal who ever saw the face of the earth (IMHO).
Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 PM

But Princess Anne's sulking was always nice. She's Royal. She's allowed to sulk. Kate's not. I'm not asking for her to sing The Carpenters and walk around with birds, squirrels and rabbits following her but I would like her to be a bit different. Sort of, being someone completely and entirely different, different.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She shouldn't have got a parking ticket in the first place. Some role model. It's not a big issue, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter and I would have reacted the same way. But it's her, I don't like her and so I can criticise her whatever she does. And that's life.
who said she was anyone's role model? i'm sure she's not pretending to be a role model and the fact that she's dating the prince doesn't automatically make her a role model.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007000421,00.html

there's those boots again. i hope now that she's working she'll buy a new pair cuz these are tired.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM

Oh I see. Dating a Prince doesn't automatically make you a role model but dating a Prince does automatically make you a good Queen consort? Gawd bless 'er.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
'Ello, 'Ello, 'Ello: Kate's New blush with the Law

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1592/1/
These are not the greatest pictures of Kate. She really looks haggard and even old. I assume the police protection officer is not there to protect her from the traffic cops or the paps. Doesn't look like it's working at least as far as the paps are concerned and it's a good idea for her to accept her next parking ticket with a little more grace.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:33 PM

It's true. She does look extremely old and haggard. The bags under her eyes look big enough to carry her shopping home in and her cheeks look like they're popping down to meet her toes. How old is she? She looks like a rough 30.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Commoner

WOW. Before, I at least has some respect for her, but now she seems like anyother rich spoiled girl. Bring an officer of the law with you because you don't want to be photographed or want another ticket? Kate really needs to get over herself. I sure hope, she herself is paying for the officers time with her. GOD. She reminds of a little girl. Anyways. Thats my opinon.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It's true. She does look extremely old and haggard. The bags under her eyes look big enough to carry her shopping home in and her cheeks look like they're popping down to meet her toes. How old is she? She looks like a rough 30.
If you dislike her so much why dont you just avoid the topic, is quite annoying to read you over and over complain about Kate; we get it you dont like her
Old 01-04-2007, 07:49 PM

And it's quite annoying to read those who adore her sing her praises every five minutes. Welcome to the world of free speech.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Commoner

Wow...what an extremely rough crowd and tons of catty remarks...some of them undeserved in my opinion.

Where oh where should I begin.
Quote:
Oh I see. Dating a Prince doesn't automatically make you a role model but dating a Prince does automatically make you a good Queen consort? Gawd bless 'er.
You are quite correct. Dating a prince does not make you a role model but it can you make you a good Queen consort or a bad one. Since she isn't married who knows which one she will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra
WOW. Before, I at least has some respect for her, but now she seems like anyother rich spoiled girl. Bring an officer of the law with you because you don't want to be photographed or want another ticket? Kate really needs to get over herself. I sure hope, she herself is paying for the officers time with her. GOD. She reminds of a little girl. Anyways. Thats my opinon.
I am confused. Do you know something we don't...like why she is being accompanied by a police officer? For all anyone knows, Kate has received any threats or the officer is being paid by the personal funds of the Wales's or based upon the closeness of the press, she felt her physically threatened and the officer was assigned/offered to walk her to her car.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people are acting like Kate committed murder, roberry or treason just by getting a parking ticket. Calling her a lawbreaker is just a tad ridiculous. I assume by some of the posts, that no one here as ever ran late, didn't have have enough change for the meter or has never received a parking ticket!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:50 PM

Well, she is a law breaker. If we want to be technical - she has broken the law. Ok, I've broken the law before now. But I'm not dating Prince William.

Tags
kate middleton