The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Commoner

its so funny who is she to be invited lol

Old 12-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Nobility

The short answer is his girlfriend and the love of his life.

I've heard Kate was invited, she and the Queen had lunch or tea, and that is probably when she kindly regretted. No sane person could begrudge someone wanting to spend the holidays with their family. Especially a sane person who is privy to the fact that this relationship is serious and will probably be the last time the young woman will be able to enjoy Christmas alone with her family in peace. This shows Kate is a level headed young woman who is confident. I respect her for having her priorities straight.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
The Queen is a stickler for protocol and she would never invite Kate to Christmas at Sandringham without being engaged first. That's not to say that she may invite Kate to spend some time at the estate after Christmas, but only the royal family is present on the holiday itself.
That does make sense. After all, that's how a lot of non-royal families handle the holidays themselves. I don't think its that unusual to have only family present for the lighting of the Christmas tree, opening presents, or Christmas dinner. After the dinner when everyone is watching TV then friends can come over.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Commoner

I think she is lovely! I hope and pray that she is allowed some privacy!

Diane
Old 12-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Nobility

I think she needs more privacy too. Watching that video really brought it home for me. She must see them every day!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

WENN has new pictures: http://photo.wenn.com/
Old 12-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures, asturaian
I particularily liked this one, Kate is one of those people white pants actually suit.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Courtier

I think it was a nice joke!
http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actu...1/casasreales/

Translation

Quote:
Prince William´s girlfriend received from her co-workers as a Xmas present one of the "engagment" mugs in which she appears photoraphed next to the Prince. The piece, one of thousands, that the chain Woolworth has been sellin so the announcement wouldnt caught them off guard to get good profits out of their business, it was given to her last week in Jigsaw offices, where she started to work a few weeks ago. The young woman gave her thanks and proved to have a good sense of humor
Old 12-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Yes the sun also reported on that. Kate's All Loved Cup
Old 12-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
where on the wenn site are the photos? I didn't see them.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
Yes the sun also reported on that. Kate's All Loved Cup

The picture of them in that article is really great. They seem totally relaxed and enjoying themselves.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
where on the wenn site are the photos? I didn't see them.
see pics of her name kate middleton she dresses white pants and brown jacket and scarf..... she walking outin london.. you can find her...
Old 12-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Aristocracy

She looks so fine!
Thanks!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
i guess wearing white pants/shoes after summer (Labour Day for us North Americans) is no longer a fashion faux pas?
Old 12-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i guess wearing white pants/shoes after summer (Labour Day for us North Americans) is no longer a fashion faux pas?
I do not think she made a faux pas with these pants. White colour is no longer considered to be a summer colour.
Now it is very fashionable among theroyalties and socialities.
Remember Princess Letizia in her first appearance with the famous Armani costume.
And recently Princess Caroline in white evening pants, of a floating tissue.
And Kate's tissus does not seem very "summerish" for me it looks like "jeans" just in white
Old 12-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
you're right in one sense...being out in public makes you fare game for photographers so expecting privacy when you're walking down the street is a moot point but she does have every right to expect privacy when it's appropriate no matter who she's dating. so far the photos of her haven't invaded her privacy but neither have they told us anything about the kind of person she is and saying that she's ungracious, unfriendly and unmotivated are simply assumptions on your part. I've seen a lot of photos and she's never had a scowl on her face...she's not smiling in a lot of them but she's certainly never scowling. if you have a pic of her scowling i'd love to see (seriously, i'm not being facetious)
I never saw her scowling, and I think she is in a way admirable. She has not been raised up to affront paparazzis, but she never showed ungry. Remember late Diana, she never often showed strong reactions against the pess.
But Kate up to this moment keeps her calm. She just has always a slight smile, which is pefect, it shows her discrete. If she starts smiling, posing ad behavioring like "a Paris Hilton" with the press it will be a catastrophy. On the other hand if she shows her angly people will hate her, so shereally found the perfect way to react. She is not a movie star, she is just a girlfriend who MAY become the Princess of Wales. She has to keep a low profile and she does it.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Let the girl be!!! She is only the prince girlfriend and who knows they might get married in the futrue or they might not. The pics of her wearing white pants look wonderful shes behaving well infront of the press who will never leave her alone, I hope William does marry her, she seems like a nice person and they do make a handsome couple indeed
Old 12-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

We've reopened the "The Public's Expectations of Kate Middleton as William's Girlfriend" thread, and posts about her education, her job, etc, should go there so this thread is reserved for current events. I've moved some of the more recent posts from this thread to that thread now it's been reopened.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 12-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Royal Highness

new pictures from today WENN
Old 12-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate's royal flash

It could be just another set of cringeworthy Christmas party photos, sure to have office workers shaking their heads in shame while nursing the next day's hangover.
Except these show the royal revelries enjoyed by princes William and Harry, and William's surprisingly tipsy bride-to-be Kate Middleton.

A Prince William Wedding? Oddsmaker Bets it Won't be This Coming Year

Tabloid editors, bookmakers and even souvenir manufacturers all reckon William has decided to tie the knot with Kate Middleton. But not the folks from controversial online gambling website BetUS.com, who are betting that Prince William and Kate Middleton will not wed, at least not this coming year. The site has placed +500 odds on the wedding taking place prior to December 31, 2007 as of December 20, 2006. That is a US$500 payout for every $US100 bet.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton