Kate Middleton Current Events 15: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyaR said:
On another note, I don't believe Catherine would be so crass as to turn down an invitation from the Queen. I think the article is probably rubbish, and that she wasn't invited in the first place. That is the only logical explanation.

I have an alternative explanation, which I think is logical if you think of Kate and HM as two human beings who seem to get on rather well, and not just as Monarch and subject. I stress that this is, of course, only pure speculation on my part, but considering that Kate and William are clearly now an official "item", I don't think it's outrageously far-fetched.

I understand Kate & the Queen lunched together alone recently. It's likely that they discussed what's happening at Christmas, because that's what people tend to do at this time of year. It's possible Kate told HM that her family was having a big get-together in Scotland and she'd really like to be there because she was beginning to lose precious relatives (I think I read that her two grandmothers died this year) and family was increasingly important to her. It's possible that HM said she fully understood but that Kate would be very welcome to join the RF at Sandringham.

Oh I guess to answer my own question. Kate is saying "I see you ever single morning?" in that video.

Last edited:
chrissy57 said:
When I woke up this morning I had Channel 9 TV on here in Sydney, on their Morning Programme, and they were running this story - heading "Royal Snub".

One of the presenters actually said that he/she wondered (I was just waking up and wasn't really listening so which one it was I can't remember) whether or not Kate said "no" as an ultimatum!!:lol:

Goodness! I missed that. :)

Australia is full of Royal-flavoured news at the moment. Yesterday's Sun-Herald had a colour pic of William & HM at the graduation on the front page, another article about the ceremony entitled "An officer and a lady: Engagement anticipated as Kate watched parade" on page 3 with four colour photos, being the kissing pics of William & Charles & William & Camilla, William saluting, and a full-length one of Kate and her smart scarlet and black outfit. Further in on page 7 was a much sadder story about a 17 year old boy who has now been missing in the bush for 8 days after becoming separated from friends during a bushwalk task for the silver level of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award. There were also two items about Lord Stevens' report. Today's Sydney Morning Herald contains Prince Charles' "green castle" story.

branchg said:
The Queen is a stickler for protocol and she would never invite Kate to Christmas at Sandringham without being engaged first. That's not to say that she may invite Kate to spend some time at the estate after Christmas, but only the royal family is present on the holiday itself.

Also I thought it was not possible to turn the Queen down. Doesn't someone from her staff call up to make sure the person would be able to do it should the Queen extend the invitation. No one wants to be in the position to turn down the Queen. So I wonder if the invitation was ever really extended. Or if so for after Christmas day. That would make more sense.

I doubt very much that Kate would turn down the Queen. This is a ridiculous story made up by bored people looking to fill quota. I agree with the sentiment that it would have been nice if she could be there, but she and Will are not engaged and it wouldn't have been fair for her to attend if others in her position were not afforded the same courtesy.

I must disagree with Branch, it seems quite clear that Kate was invited but preferred to spend Christmas with her family. She has recently lost two close relatives, I think her grandmothers, was it?

Seems very likely they will get engaged in the spring. I can't think of a better wife for William.

regardez said:
There was a picture of her driving to the ball in the daily express (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/JeneeB53/Forum/KateBall.jpg)

"Shouldn't one wear a belt?" asks the paper and one asks oneself if this can be true so shortly after the publishing of the Diana-report? That William's girlfriend drives without a safetybelt?

BTW: it just started to snow... so maybe we have here close to the Alpine mountains a white christmas after all?

hibou said:
Also I thought it was not possible to turn the Queen down. Doesn't someone from her staff call up to make sure the person would be able to do it should the Queen extend the invitation. No one wants to be in the position to turn down the Queen.

Just remember that British people are the subjects of their Majesty. And that this august personage could have ordered you killed or transported not so long ago, if you displeased her. So how could one turn down such an invitation? And why should there have been one in the first place. Even if the queen wanted to invite Catherine (which I don't believe) she would have told William to check with Catherine first! Why take the official, unsecure road if there is private and much more reliable shortcut available?

BTW - is that a proven fact that Kate was invited for tea to the queen and later went out riding with her or is that just anothe rof "these" rumours? Pictures anyone?

Why should there have been one? B/c all the royal family loves and approves of Kate. Reports in the papers say Prince Charles is looking for a "love-nest" ie house for the two of them.

This wouldn't have been a formal written invite where the Queen commands your presence, just an informal approach, probably William asked her after the Queen offered. And being the down to earth girl she is she'd rather have Christmas with her folks. :flowers:

Jo of Palatine said:
Just remember that British people are the subjects of their Majesty. And that this august personage could have ordered you killed or transported not so long ago, if you displeased her. So how could one turn down such an invitation? And why should there have been one in the first place. Even if the queen wanted to invite Catherine (which I don't believe) she would have told William to check with Catherine first! Why take the official, unsecure road if there is private and much more reliable shortcut available?

BTW - is that a proven fact that Kate was invited for tea to the queen and later went out riding with her or is that just anothe rof "these" rumours? Pictures anyone?

It's why I doubted the story but I can see her being invited after Christmas.
Also the Palace would not welcome anymore engagement stories which this would cause. I think they will keep the engagement private for a couple months until more things are in place. I think a early fall wedding or spring a year from now would be more likely. William still has alot of military service to do before taking on his official duties as a royal. Just a guess.

its so funny who is she to be invited lol

The short answer is his girlfriend and the love of his life.

I've heard Kate was invited, she and the Queen had lunch or tea, and that is probably when she kindly regretted. No sane person could begrudge someone wanting to spend the holidays with their family. Especially a sane person who is privy to the fact that this relationship is serious and will probably be the last time the young woman will be able to enjoy Christmas alone with her family in peace. This shows Kate is a level headed young woman who is confident. I respect her for having her priorities straight.

branchg said:
The Queen is a stickler for protocol and she would never invite Kate to Christmas at Sandringham without being engaged first. That's not to say that she may invite Kate to spend some time at the estate after Christmas, but only the royal family is present on the holiday itself.

That does make sense. After all, that's how a lot of non-royal families handle the holidays themselves. I don't think its that unusual to have only family present for the lighting of the Christmas tree, opening presents, or Christmas dinner. After the dinner when everyone is watching TV then friends can come over.

I think she is lovely! I hope and pray that she is allowed some privacy!

Diane

I think she needs more privacy too. Watching that video really brought it home for me. She must see them every day!

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, asturaian :flowers:
I particularily liked this one, Kate is one of those people white pants actually suit.

:lol:

I think it was a nice joke!
http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actualidad/19-12-2006/44391/casasreales/

Translation

Prince William´s [SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]irlfriend received from her co-workers as a Xmas present one of the "en[SIZE=-1]ga[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]gment" [/SIZE]mu[SIZE=-1]gs[/SIZE] in which she appears photoraphed next to the Prince. The piece, one of thousands, that the chain Woolworth has been sellin so the announcement wouldnt cau[SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]ht them off [SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]uard to [SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]et [SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]ood profits out of their business, it was [SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]iven to her last week in Ji[SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]saw offices, where she started to work a few weeks a[SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]o. The youn[SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE] woman [SIZE=-1]ga[/SIZE]ve her thanks and proved to have a [SIZE=-1]g[/SIZE]ood sense of humor

ap3 said:
where on the wenn site are the photos? I didn't see them.

see pics of her name kate middleton she dresses white pants and brown jacket and scarf..... she walking outin london.. you can find her...

Duchess said:
i guess wearing white pants/shoes after summer (Labour Day for us North Americans) is no longer a fashion faux pas?

I do not think she made a faux pas with these pants. White colour is no longer considered to be a summer colour.
Now it is very fashionable among theroyalties and socialities.
Remember Princess Letizia in her first appearance with the famous Armani costume.
And recently Princess Caroline in white evening pants, of a floating tissue.
And Kate's tissus does not seem very "summerish" for me it looks like "jeans" just in white

Duchess said:
you're right in one sense...being out in public makes you fare game for photographers so expecting privacy when you're walking down the street is a moot point but she does have every right to expect privacy when it's appropriate no matter who she's dating. so far the photos of her haven't invaded her privacy but neither have they told us anything about the kind of person she is and saying that she's ungracious, unfriendly and unmotivated are simply assumptions on your part. I've seen a lot of photos and she's never had a scowl on her face...she's not smiling in a lot of them but she's certainly never scowling. if you have a pic of her scowling i'd love to see (seriously, i'm not being facetious)

I never saw her scowling, and I think she is in a way admirable. She has not been raised up to affront paparazzis, but she never showed ungry. Remember late Diana, she never often showed strong reactions against the pess.
But Kate up to this moment keeps her calm. She just has always a slight smile, which is pefect, it shows her discrete. If she starts smiling, posing ad behavioring like "a Paris Hilton" with the press it will be a catastrophy. On the other hand if she shows her angly people will hate her, so shereally found the perfect way to react. She is not a movie star, she is just a girlfriend who MAY become the Princess of Wales. She has to keep a low profile and she does it.

Let the girl be!!! She is only the prince girlfriend and who knows they might get married in the futrue or they might not. The pics of her wearing white pants look wonderful shes behaving well infront of the press who will never leave her alone, I hope William does marry her, she seems like a nice person and they do make a handsome couple indeed ;)

We've reopened the "The Public's Expectations of Kate Middleton as William's Girlfriend" thread, and posts about her education, her job, etc, should go there so this thread is reserved for current events. I've moved some of the more recent posts from this thread to that thread now it's been reopened.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Kate's royal flash

It could be just another set of cringeworthy Christmas party photos, sure to have office workers shaking their heads in shame while nursing the next day's hangover.
Except these show the royal revelries enjoyed by princes William and Harry, and William's surprisingly tipsy bride-to-be Kate Middleton.

A Prince William Wedding? Oddsmaker Bets it Won't be This Coming Year

Tabloid editors, bookmakers and even souvenir manufacturers all reckon William has decided to tie the knot with Kate Middleton. But not the folks from controversial online gambling website BetUS.com, who are betting that Prince William and Kate Middleton will not wed, at least not this coming year. The site has placed +500 odds on the wedding taking place prior to December 31, 2007 as of December 20, 2006. That is a US$500 payout for every $US100 bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom