Kate Middleton Current Events 14: November-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia

Welcome to the new thread, dedicated to the
current events of Catherine (aka Kate) Middleton.

The old thread, covering period from November 5 - November 27
can be found here.

i'm thinking that since HM wants to continue the tradition of Christmas at Sandringham then she has changed things a bit and allowed some outside guests? just a guess on my part.

Maybe the Queen is becoming softer with the age. grandparents usually are more permisive with their grandchildren than with their children

wow, what a honour it must be for kate to be invited to sandringham! although it must be so bad not having the opportunity to spend christmas with her family. i'd personally would have told her majesty i preferred to spend such an intimate time with my family in a very kind manner. i'm sure william would let her know informally and she wouldn't mind. she is the queen but she is also a person who would understand if kate decided to be with her parents... although spending it with the royal family sounds so tempting, but a bit shocking and difficult as well. it must be hard to sit around people who know protocol so well and behave with beautiful manners.

I would like to remind that the news of Kate's supposed invitation to Sundringham are based only on the report of the Mail (all other newspapers were making reference to it) and the Mail is not exactly the most credible source there is.
Duchess said:
i'm thinking that since HM wants to continue the tradition of Christmas at Sandringham then she has changed things a bit and allowed some outside guests? just a guess on my part.
Funny enough I saw it in exactly the opposite way: if the Queen continues the tradition of Sundringham (though it was reported that several members of the Royal Family, including the Queen herself would prefer to spend the Christmas at the Windsor Castle), then surely she will continue other traditions as well, most notably family-only gathering one. But it's just my opinion, of course.
avrillo said:
Maybe the Queen is becoming softer with the age. grandparents usually are more permisive with their grandchildren than with their children
In that case I think Her Majesty must invite not only Kate but also Peter Phillips's girlfriend Autumn, Zara's boyfriend Mike, Chelsy and others. She can't be that selective. And note that Autumn, for example, had some sort of Royal approvement, as she was invited to spend the vocations with the Royal Family on the board of the Hebridean Princess.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
In that case I think Her Majesty must invite not only Kate but also Peter Phillips's girlfriend Autumn, Zara's boyfriend Mike, Chelsy and others. She can't be that selective. And note that Autumn, for example, had some sort of Royal approvement, as she was invited to spend the vocations with the Royal Family on the board of the Hebridean Princess.

I'm not saying yay or nay on this one. Avalon makes a lot of sense. However, simply because it hasn't been done is not a case for automatic ruling out. The royal family have broken many a precedent, from the very major to the ridiculous, over all times. Granted, most breaks from tradition are done when the family is backed against a wall. Still, if Catherine does have a Sandringham invite, it might be simply because William asked his grandmother to do it, because it is what William and Catherine decided on as a couple. Inviting Catherine and not other girlfriends is not necessarily a slight. Maybe Harry and Chelsy are ready to make that step yet.
As for Peter, I think he is a very private person and does not invite his girlfriend to these photo op things for that reason. Peter does it because he has to, that's all. :rolleyes:

CasiraghiTrio said:
I'm not saying yay or nay on this one. Avalon makes a lot of sense. However, simply because it hasn't been done is not a case for automatic ruling out. The royal family have broken many a precedent, from the very major to the ridiculous, over all times. Granted, most breaks from tradition are done when the family is backed against a wall. Still, if Catherine does have a Sandringham invite, it might be simply because William asked his grandmother to do it, because it is what William and Catherine decided on as a couple. Inviting Catherine and not other girlfriends is not necessarily a slight. Maybe Harry and Chelsy are ready to make that step yet.
As for Peter, I think he is a very private person and does not invite his girlfriend to these photo op things for that reason. Peter does it because he has to, that's all. :rolleyes:

I am not saying it's impossible, I just thing it's not probable.
Personally I would like if Kate had been invited, if it weren't Sundringham. Christmas at Sundringham has always been a strictly family affair, that's why I think it's not too probable Kate was invited. But it's my private opinion and nothing more.
I assume if William had asked the Queen and she felt it's important for him, she would do it for her grandson and would invite Kate. But I just don't see why would Prince William ask for that.

well we won't know a thing until christmas, and even then we may not know. it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

We won't know if she was invited. We won't see pics of her comings & goings. It is said she spent Boxing Day with the family last year. They have been a couple for several years and friends even longer. I highly doubt that they do not see each other over the Christmas holidays with their history.

As an aside, Autumn Kelly was invited to sail with the family a few months ago. Unless I'm mistaken, Kate/Chelsey were not invited becasue William/Harry did not attend.

<speculation and attacks on other posters deleted - Elspeth>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reopening this thread for posts about Kate Middleton's current events.

Don't even think about continuing this ridiculous fight about whether it'll be the end of the world if she's invited to spend time with the royal family at Christmas.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

For someone that so little is really known about, Kate sure does elicit strong feelings. She has more threads than Prince William now and how often have her threads been locked and/or cleaned up? Were things like this when other princesses were just girlfriends?

My guess would be that girls generate more gossip and interest. I don't know if it is necessarily more interest in her. I just think she is an easier target for gossip and speculation. :rolleyes:

I think that until now they haven't made public their relationship so if she accepts the invitation that will be an oficial and public announcement that they are hanging together! I hope she accept it because I really like to see them together for ever!

Luv2Cruise said:
We won't know if she was invited. We won't see pics of her comings & goings. It is said she spent Boxing Day with the family last year. They have been a couple for several years and friends even longer. I highly doubt that they do not see each other over the Christmas holidays with their history.

As an aside, Autumn Kelly was invited to sail with the family a few months ago. Unless I'm mistaken, Kate/Chelsey were not invited becasue William/Harry did not attend.

<speculation and attacks on other posters deleted - Elspeth>

Kate didn't spend Boxing Day at Sandringham last year, she was photographed with her mother in London at the post christmas sales. Probably deliberately to stop the press reports that Kate was at Sandringham.
Last year there were the same stories that Kate was spending Christmas at Sandringham much to the press' disappointment she wasn't there, so the story appears this year. And if she and William are dating next year, will appear next year too. It's called making a story out of nothing.

I really love her style, it looks great on her!

i hope she didn't throw anything personal away, the tabloids are known to go thru the trash and publish it. not everyone could pull off that outfit but she looks great, beautiful smile and lovely dimples.
i would hate cameras in my face everytime i left the house!! she seems to handle it better than alot of royals that are born to it. some of their boorish behavior makes the boards all the time, so far i haven't noticed her to put a foot wrong. very polished for a young woman imo.

Is she wearing a makeup? :neutral:
Because her eyes look smaller and tone of skin is "whiter" :rolleyes:

Those pics of her throwing out her trash are hilarious. I can just imagine the second she pulled away, all those paparazzi fighting over those bags... Next up, "Kate trashes the environment and throws away recyclables- Prince Charles Furious".

I think she looks a lot like CP Mary in those photos, especially the third one.

Cute keychain.

What a cute outfit. I think its funny that she had to call William to unlock her door when she got locked out last week. Would he really be able to drop his military duties to do that though? Unless it was in the evening or weekend I suppose.

It was the day he went to the Rememberance parade. The article said she waited in her car until it was over and he came.

karla64 said:
Oh Lord, she could even carry old clothes in this bag in order to hand it over to the next Oxfam-shop.... At least that's what I was doing when I was last carrying such trash bags...;) What does that picture wants to tell us? That she is still living? Or what? If the rest of the Mail is equally filled with "news" I wonder why anybody reads this stuff...

You haven't seen anything...William (and a small pic of Kate) are on the cover of this weeks People.

http://people.aol.com/people/magazine/0,26318,,00.html

ETA: of course...the article really doesn't SAY ANYTHING! It must have been a slow news week for People...and this was before Pamela Anderson broke up with Kid Rock!

Last edited:
Great, Elspeth, does this mean that we can continue the speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom