The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

I understand some members are still very tied up over whether Ms Middleton had a job or not before her current employment, but without confirmation we really need to get over it and move on.

Endless circular speculations of "did-didn't-don't know" have become very tedious as they are carried over thread after thread, saying what has already been said a dozen times before. Even over-excited engagement speculation holds more interest than this tired debate.

Now that she has a job, can we please move forward? Since this is Kate's current events thread, musings on what she did or didn't do previously have missed the boat.

thanks,

Warren
British Forums moderator

Old 12-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.jigsaw-online.com/

You can order online!

Old 12-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

I think we all have to remember that whatever theories we have about who Kate is, we really don't have a clue about what kind of person she really is. Just my two cents!

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Old 12-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Well I cannot understand why Kate took a degree on Art History and why she hasn't, at least, try to find something in this area of work! London is such a good city to work in this kind of environment!!! Christie's for example could be a great opportunity! Christie's provides exciting and challenging job opportunities in a arts-oriented environment. I'am pretty sure they will say yes if she asks for a job there. She would be such a very good Public Relations for them at Christie's!
Art history isn't that marketable a degree subject. There are a lot more graduates than jobs in related areas. I think a lot of people with degrees in art history don't go on to careers in a closely related subject. It's not at all unusual for a person with a degree in art history to go into the fashion business as Kate's doing rather than looking for work in a gallery or a museum.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
But maybe exactly Christie's wasn't a possibilities because of the Royal family's connection to it (see Viscount Linley...). That would have really looked like Catherine was just a protegée of the BRF which is far from what she wants at the moment, IMHO.
I haven't looked at this thread lately, but who is Catherine? Is William seeing another person?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta
I haven't been on the board awhile, but who is Catherine? Is William seeing another person?
Catherine is Kate's real name. It's been stated that Kate prefers to be called Catherine, not shortened way of it, Kate.
As far as we know, Prince William is still dating Kate (Catherine) Middleton.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
As far as I know, Kate has never granted any interviews or publicly given her opinion on any subject. I find it amazing that some people can already decide if she deserves adoration or not. I also can't imagine why anyone should need to adore a stranger, be that royalty or celebrity. They are still strangers. Personally, I find the young lady admirable to having kept her composure throught the last 18 months since graduation. Being followed around is an unnerving thought nowadays with stalkers and psychos, and the garden variety attention seekers.
Hello. For the past couple of weeks I have been observing the disscussion being held at this thread. It seems to me that there are some posters present here that view Kate Middleton as the "best fit for the royal family", while others stongly disagree upon the suitablity of this woman.
I, personally, cannot take these two extreme sides.
To me, Kate represents the modernization the Royal Family is undergoing. I stronly agree with the statement that how can we judge a girl we hardly know, but then again, it's not like every citizen in England will be sent a "Kate Middleton: Biography." Whatever information we recieve from media is our only chance of getting to know the girl who MIGHT some day be the future queen. It is unreasonable to ask public to not make assumption and judgements about a girl that has been in the public eye for more than 4 years now, in my opinion. Granted, some people choose to believe that Kate IS doing something with her time, that she IS stunning, she IS a good girlfriend etc. While others tend to ask questions, and try to see more than what they read. Calling former, not judging Kate, is incorrect. Both are judgements made about Kate. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:06 AM

Kate is a public figure now that she dates the prince. In my opinion, she needs security and has done very well with her status. I think she sees herself having a good chance of becoming a Queen of England and wants to make sure she plays the cards right.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra
It is unreasonable to ask public to not make assumption and judgements about a girl that has been in the public eye for more than 4 years now, in my opinion. Granted, some people choose to believe that Kate IS doing something with her time, that she IS stunning, she IS a good girlfriend etc. While others tend to ask questions, and try to see more than what they read. Calling former, not judging Kate, is incorrect. Both are judgements made about Kate. Just my opinion though.
I'm sure most of us welcome 'opinions', I get 'annoyed' when people state their opinions as fact! As for her looks, they have always said 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', what one person finds attractive, another might think... Yuk.

We don't know what sort of relationship William and Kate might have but, to state they have split up or are getting married next year, should, IMO, be followed by a 'IMO'.

I would hope most people have realised that the media is totally unreliable about giving any facts, look at the way they treated Camilla. I just find it hard to understand the absolutely viscious remarks made about this girl, they seem to me unjustified, when we know almost nothing about her!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I'm sure most of us welcome 'opinions', I get 'annoyed' when people state their opinions as fact! As for her looks, they have always said 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', what one person finds attractive, another might think... Yuk.

We don't know what sort of relationship William and Kate might have but, to state they have split up or are getting married next year, should, IMO, be followed by a 'IMO'.

I would hope most people have realised that the media is totally unreliable about giving any facts, look at the way they treated Camilla. I just find it hard to understand the absolutely viscious remarks made about this girl, they seem to me unjustified, when we know almost nothing about her!
I agree Skydragon, the media is going to report on the most interesting stories they can find because they want to sell. If they know that the majority of their readers are loyal Diana fans and don't necessarily like Camilla, they are going to feed into that whether it's based on facts or not. I think with William and Kate's relationship, they are such a hot topic right now that the press is going to report every little rumor they hear. IMO
Old 12-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prim
they are going to feed into that whether it's based on facts or not.
What the press does, is set itself up as makers and breakers. They spent years reporting lies (which they got away with) about Charles & Camilla and as a result turned some people against them. They 'made' Diana and when she no longer wanted to 'play ball', they started to turn on her.

They are trying to do the same with William and Catherine. The more they can convince the public to follow their lead, the more hold they think they will have over the couple. It is almost an ultimatum, 'You be nice to us, (give us some leads), and we will be nice to you (print positive stories). They know a lot of their readership is guilible.

All IMO.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Has Kate made a fur faux pas?

Kate Middleton today prompted outrage from animal lovers by wearing what seemed to be a real fur scarf on a night out with Prince William.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1773&ito=1490
Old 12-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prim
Kate is a public figure now that she dates the prince. In my opinion, she needs security and has done very well with her status. I think she sees herself having a good chance of becoming a Queen of England and wants to make sure she plays the cards right.
we've had this discussion before and there are people that would agree with the "kate's a public figure" and there those that say she's not because she's not married to william and isn't supported financially by him. you are definitely right when you say that she plays her cards right though.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Has Kate made a fur faux pas?

Kate Middleton today prompted outrage from animal lovers by wearing what seemed to be a real fur scarf on a night out with Prince William.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1773&ito=1490
not again.....
Old 12-08-2006, 06:58 PM

Call 999 and ask for the Fashion Police Wing of the Nazi Party - they'll soon sort her out for this heinous crime.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Catherine is Kate's real name. It's been stated that Kate prefers to be called Catherine, not shortened way of it, Kate.
As far as we know, Prince William is still dating Kate (Catherine) Middleton.
Oops, I didn't realize it's the same person. I wonder why she doesn't spell Catherine with a 'K' or Kate with a 'C' to make it less confusing.
oh well, thanks for clarifying Avalon.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Art history isn't that marketable a degree subject. There are a lot more graduates than jobs in related areas. I think a lot of people with degrees in art history don't go on to careers in a closely related subject. It's not at all unusual for a person with a degree in art history to go into the fashion business as Kate's doing rather than looking for work in a gallery or a museum.
I have a graduate degree in Art History and there are a number of career choices our there besides museums. Although I did spend my career in a museum it is a very versatile degree, fashion being one of the choices. Another choice has been private art advisor (choosing to intern at Sotheby's or Chirstie's first), then adding degrees to the art history is architect, interior designer, artist, editor at a publishing house etc. It is a spring board to other things if one chooses to do so. If she does become William's wife her degree will be invaluable when she travels to meet other royals, or heads of state. JMO.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Nobility

I've been working longer than William and Kate have been alive. I knew immediately that Kate was no accessories buyer, she is an assistant or less, basically a gopher at the bottom rung, especially in that cutthroat field. That was plainly obvious in the news accounts I read. Even if the papers didn't make this clear, as someone who has worked in private industry my entire professional career I knew she would be doing menial tasks in this job, connections or not. This is a gratis to someone with connections, clearly someone the business owners know will be a lucrative acquaintance, hence the stay at the villa and now a job to provide cover for the future king's love interest. It's savvy and calculated on the Robinsons' part. And as my Tony Soprano would say: "it's business."

No serious career person would believe that she was hired as THE accessories buyer with no credentials, that's ridiculous.

Warren, you're wicked!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Royal Highness

The press does not know anything about Kate. Not even the name that she goes by. So why are people on this web making fun of her? It is the press that does not know any details about her and write what they want.

I don't think Kate has had it easy being in the spot light these last eighteen months. Even a book written about her that has not come to the United States was published.

She has gone slow and steady through each new experience with this fame. I think the only mistake she has made is not getting a job. Could it be that she thought this out too?

I do not see Kate and William getting married until he is out of the military. Just like he said about 28 - 30. Again the press is making this proposal news.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
While I don't dislike her I do agree with your statement, she does not communicate any real charisma or personality in photographs the way Diana did. I also agree that comparing the two is a recipe for disaster, they seem to be polar opposites thus far. Camilla version 2.0 is more of a fair comparison.
Charisma is learned or acquired. Diana didn't exhibit much charisma initially. Let's give the girl a chance, if she's the one William picks.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton