The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Royal Highness

KATE AND WILLS FUEL BRIDE TALK
PRINCE William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton made their first public appearance together at Sandringam this weekend - fuelling rumours they will announce their engagement soon.
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html

Old 12-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
KATE AND WILLS FUEL BRIDE TALK
PRINCE William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton made their first public appearance together at Sandringam this weekend - fuelling rumours they will announce their engagement soon.
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html

Picking up 'dead birds' is the first step in becoming Queen and ticking off animal activists!

ANGER AT SHOOTING FAN KATE

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Picking up 'dead birds' is the first step in becoming Queen and ticking off animal activists!
It's when she starts snapping their necks!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Any pics?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Any pics?
Whose necks though, the birds, animal activists, the royals or all her critics?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 AM

Oh boy, if it's true she's at Sandringham picking up the fallen birds, uh huh, they will be engaged soon. When Diana started helping the Queen and Princess Royal pick up the dead birds, engagement was just around the corner.

I have to agree with the animal activists though. I am disappointed that Catherine gives her support for a very sick, twisted idea of fun: shooting birds. Shooting animals for sport is not right. If the royals were starving, that would be different, but they just do it for kicks. Looks like catherine is just going to join the cruelty, take the easy road, not try to make any difference. I will always love this family but I am never going to accept their liking of these blood sports.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
actually Catherine's uni degree doesn't qualify her for this type of position at all. being a buyer is a job that you don't just hand out to anyone and you have to work your way up to it. speaking from experience, i'd say she's probably an assistant, which is fine. i agree with you and like the fact that she's taken a perfectly normal job.
Right, the art history degree specifically doesn't fit. I just meant her bachelor's degree gives her the qualification, because at least in the US, companies just want their buyers to have a four year degree. They generally don't care what the degree is in. I guess they just want to make sure their buyers have good grammar and stuff, can add up basic math or something.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Aristocracy

Rubbish, I have always heard the Royals eat what they kill and I can't imagine William does it any different. If they do eat what they kill I have no reservations about it.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
Rubbish, I have always heard the Royals eat what they kill and I can't imagine William does it any different. If they do eat what they kill I have no reservations about it.
Of course they eat what they kill. I always knew that. Everyone knows that. They always do. What I meant was, they don't need it for subsistence. There's plenty for them to eat without killing things. If it was for survival, that would be the only excuse. That is the only justification, period.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
ewwwww... My opinions on this are better placed in the animal rights thread. But ewww...

Don't they have people to do that?

Old 12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
No, they don't always eat what they shoot. The birds have to be hung for at least 7 days before they are deemed fit to eat!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha

ANGER AT SHOOTING FAN KATE

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html
This is one more reason why I don't care for her at all. There's no way she's going to become a "People's Princess" in any way, imo. But maybe that's exactly how the BRF wants it. Despite the pronouncements by the drooling press about 'stunning' Kate, she is neither stunning, beautiful or charismatic. She won't overshadow William. She'll fit right in to the Firm. The press is also starting to compare her with Diana (more brainwashing) but she's clearly more like Camilla than Diana.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
This is one more reason why I don't care for her at all. There's no way she's going to become a "People's Princess" in any way, imo. But maybe that's exactly how the BRF wants it. Despite the pronouncements by the drooling press about 'stunning' Kate, she is neither stunning, beautiful or charismatic. She won't overshadow William. She'll fit right in to the Firm. The press is also starting to compare her with Diana (more brainwashing) but she's clearly more like Camilla than Diana.
While I don't dislike her I do agree with your statement, she does not communicate any real charisma or personality in photographs the way Diana did. I also agree that comparing the two is a recipe for disaster, they seem to be polar opposites thus far. Camilla version 2.0 is more of a fair comparison.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I hope she is more like Camilla (no disrespect to late Princess Diana). Camilla's type fits in with British royal Family and simply with British lifestyle. She is typical English Lady (and it's great, imo).
Kate seems to be just as discreet, calm and supportive, which is very imprtant for the (possible) bride/wife of the future King.
Just my opinion though.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

I can't believe hanging out with William while HE shoots birds gets HER criticism. Just b/c she picks them up, so what. The girl can't get a break.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Whose necks though, the birds, animal activists, the royals or all her critics?
The Royal Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
..... because at least in the US, companies just want their buyers to have a four year degree. They generally don't care what the degree is in. I guess they just want to make sure their buyers have good grammar and stuff, can add up basic math or something.

And you would think that with the price of university, those companies requiring great grammar would have their own special university to cover this minus of the garbage classes one must take to keep those professors in a job, not to mention keeping the cost down to the student.

But, William and Kate didn't have to worry much about costs because the costs over there was minimal compared to the US.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you really think this story is true? Well I though Kate loved animals because she had appear once with a dog, so she must love animals!!I really don't belive she was capable of doing such a thing. I cannot belived that she did help to pick up some dead birds.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
No, they don't always eat what they shoot. The birds have to be hung for at least 7 days before they are deemed fit to eat!

I didn't know that! So, they can't be eaten for a week. Hopefully, the royals will still be around when the birds are ready for grilling! Or, it will be a waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I hope she is more like Camilla (no disrespect to late Princess Diana). Camilla's type fits in with British royal Family and simply with British lifestyle. She is typical English Lady (and it's great, imo).
And, that's what I love about Camilla. I love that English mannerisms etc and all that that goes into making her English. I hate to see that disappearing from Britain today, IMHO[/quote]
Old 12-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Catherine was at a shooting with William. Okay, and where is the problem?
She is only a young woman who is dating the Prince. What else? She never said to be a ´People´s Princess´or something like that.
And from some pics, some people in this forum can see that she´s boring or she has no charisam...they seem to have a special eye, or do they only like to read tabloids like the Mirror, the Sun, the Daily Mail....
Maybe some people should learn about the differnce between facts and tabloid goosip or rumours.
And please, never again compare Catherine with Camilla before you can prove that this girl is such as wonderful as the Duchess of Cornwall is.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
...And please, never again compare Catherine with Camilla before you can prove that this girl is such as wonderful as the Duchess of Cornwall is.
There really isn't any comparison between the two. Camilla stands well above Catherine, IMO. She's a person I'd love to lunch with. Kate I don't think I would be able to connect with.

And, are there any pictures of Kate at the bird shooting picking up the birds?

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton