Kate Middleton Current Events 14: November-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonk said:
ETA: of course...the article really doesn't SAY ANYTHING! It must have been a slow news week for People...and this was before Pamela Anderson broke up with Kid Rock!

Surprise, surprise! :lol: :flowers:

Its a shame we are so FAR BEHIND on the speculation in the States :) The article just repeats everything we have read here via posts and the Daily Mail, Mirror, etc.

If and when it happens...and there won't be any doubt.

Zonk said:
Its a shame we are so FAR BEHIND on the speculation in the States :) The article just repeats everything we have read here via posts and the Daily Mail, Mirror, etc.

If and when it happens...and there won't be any doubt.

Well you did know about Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock before us!

Not to get totally off topic...cause my fellow Mods will kill me...but I called that one on Wedding #2.

Back to Kate and Wills.....at least they picked pictures where she is smiling. BeatrixFan will be happy about that.

KATE MIDDLETON PICKS HER BAG

spacer.gif
EVERYBODY's looking closely at Kate Middleton's style choices – and it looks like Meli' Melo' is in for a big sales surge after this week's papers.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=40685

Last edited:
So she is a professional accessories buyer for Jigsaw? :confused:
Is she like those wholesale buyers that goes out, buys bulk accessories for Jigsaw to sell retail?
If so, that is a very unglamorous job. It's not rocket science or anything, but it's a very unexpected sort of job for a daughter of the millionaire class who attended Scotland's most prestigious university, or second most prestigious if Edinburgh Uni. as #1 (highly probable, come to think of it.) I can't imagine any of those girls I know who go to Columbia working as buyers. I don't mean this an insult to anyone who has the job. I personally think it's a cool job, and I could see myself doing it, but not someone like Catherine....She is totally a PR or magazine-intern type. ;)

karla64 said:
Will Kate Middleton Be the Newest Princess???

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2689718&page=1

Thanks, karla. I am shaking my head at this "next Princess Diana" nonsense. I wish the media would stop pushing this idea on the consumer masses. Diana is gone and there won't be another Diana. We have memories to cherish, but there won't be another. She was too unique. But if it is true Catherine is to be Will's wife, I guess we could call her the new "Catherine the Great." That's pretty cool, as it appeals to my obsession for all things Russia.

CasiraghiTrio said:
So she is a professional accessories buyer for Jigsaw? :confused:
Is she like those wholesale buyers that goes out, buys bulk accessories for Jigsaw to sell retail?
If so, that is a very unglamorous job. It's not rocket science or anything, but it's a very unexpected sort of job for a daughter of the millionaire class who attended Scotland's most prestigious university, or second most prestigious if Edinburgh Uni. as #1 (highly probable, come to think of it.) I can't imagine any of those girls I know who go to Columbia working as buyers. I don't mean this an insult to anyone who has the job. I personally think it's a cool job, and I could see myself doing it, but not someone like Catherine....She is totally a PR or magazine-intern type. ;)
Hm, depends on what kind of clientel Jigsaw tries to reach. I looked up their homepage and found that they are doing two design lines a year created by their in-house designers with the aid of free-lancers, so it seems it's a respectable fashion firm. With a degree in arts and an interest in fashion Kate could be the right person to work in the accessory section where "buying" does not mean to order trash in Asia but to connect to fashion manufactors in Italy or Spain and see to it, that they produce accessories that fit into the fashion concept of their upcoming design line. But did she study business as well?

Arent't Catherine's parents in the same field? It could well be that she did an internship after her exams which was kept quiet but that she is now seriously employed and thus the media has been informed. And if Catherine has any plans not to marry prince William but to go on working for her parents, such a job gives her the insights into her parent's business and creates contacts and knowledge.

Hm, maybe she is not only a princess in waiting.... At least for me this new job (if it is true) shows that she tries to use her university degree in a field where she can use it towards the taking over of her parent's firm. Good for her! :flowers:

Another article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/01/ukate101.xml
t.gif
Prince William's girlfriend joins Jigsaw
Prince William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton, has a job with the fashion chain Jigsaw, it emerged today.

The 24-year-old, praised by fashion critics for her demure but feminine style, has been taken on as an accessory buyer.
A spokesman for the high street brand said: “We can confirm that Kate joined our staff two or three weeks ago as an accessory buyer for Jigsaw and Jigsaw Junior.”
Now hopefully the foolish infighting about what a worthless excuse for a human she is for not having a job will end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for her, it makes you wonder how the 'all knowing press', didn't know about this employment until Jigsaw and Catherine wanted them to know! :lol:

As Jo said, being a buyer for a company carries a great deal of responsibility. Travelling to fashion houses and shows, looking through an enormous amount of 'products' and catalogues, helping to decide what the stores will stock!

For those who havn't read the article, she has apparently been with this company for 3 weeks!

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Good for her, it makes you wonder how the 'all knowing press', didn't know about this employment until Jigsaw and Catherine wanted them to know! :lol:

For those who havn't read the article, she has apparently been with this company for 3 weeks!

I guess she could have worked for them for longer without somebody being the wiser because it was her appearing in an official function at a fotoshoot (which is a project that includes not only members of the company but a lot of people bound to have good media relations like models, photographers, stylists etc.) which leaked to the press. I'm not convinced that this was not intentional!

Maybe she does some sort of trainee program as a buyer there because I doubt anyone would give such a responsibility for the company's success to a young girl just out of university. And I know what I'm talking about because my sister-in-law is a highly qualified buyer, too, who is held responsible by her boss if her transactions turn out to be too expensive or - even worse - wrong.

It's Official! Kate has a job!

WILLS' GIRLFRIEND LANDS A JOB IN THE FASHION BUSINESS

Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton is known for her style savvy and her keen eye for the perfect accessory - whether handbag or jewellery. So it's no suprise to hear that her sartorial skills are now being called upon by the glamorous fashion industry.

Prince William's Girlfriend Lands a New Job

Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, has a new job – working for British clothing chain Jigsaw.
A source at Jigsaw tells PEOPLE: "I can confirm she works for the company, but we're not making any other comment."

It's really impressive that she has a "normal" type of job too. It's nice to see a girl like her with a type of job many people in their 20s can and do have. It would have been not surprising to see something more glamorous (PR, Vogue intern) but it would have been so nauseating too! :lol:

Also, I didn't notice before but now I see this Jigsaw store is owned by the same "Belle and John" she supported at the Bluebird store opening. I wonder if they are old family friends.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
Also, I didn't notice before but now I see this Jigsaw store is owned by the same "Belle and John" she supported at the Bluebird store opening. I wonder if they are old family friends.

I think they are friends of her parents and Prince Charles. :flowers:

Jo of Palatine said:
Maybe she does some sort of trainee program as a buyer there because I doubt anyone would give such a responsibility for the company's success to a young girl just out of university. And I know what I'm talking about because my sister-in-law is a highly qualified buyer, too, who is held responsible by her boss if her transactions turn out to be too expensive or - even worse - wrong.

i can vouch for that. i work in the office of a large retail/wholesale company and they don't just hire inexperienced people to do their buying. there's too much repsonsibility involved. however, best of luck to kate in her new position...i'm sure she'll do great.

Skydragon said:
I think they are friends of her parents and Prince Charles. :flowers:

There was an article around when they went to Mustique and there was a quote from Belle Robinson saying she had never met either of them but someone had told her they needed somewhere to stay in Mustique (does anyone else remember this article?). And her husband saying that they had racked up bills on the house and they had better pay them because he wasn't going to.

I don't understand why a "buyer" is on a fashion shoot...in my experience a buyer has no reason to be on the shoot, it's odd. Unless it's a play job. Generally the buy will stay in the office dealing with suppliers, supply sheets etc. Looking at manafactures new wears. But good for her getting a job, fashion is the best job in the world (although i am biased) but i'm in the creative side of it.

Last edited:
gabby_windsor said:
There was an article around when they went to Mustique and there was a quote from Belle Robinson saying she had never met either of them but someone had told her they needed somewhere to stay in Mustique (does anyone else remember this article?). And her husband saying that they had racked up bills on the house and they had better pay them because he wasn't going to.

I don't understand why a "buyer" is on a fashion shoot...in my experience a buyer has no reason to be on the shoot, it's odd. Unless it's a play job. Generally the buy will stay in the office dealing with suppliers, supply sheets etc. Looking at manafactures new wears. But good for her getting a job, fashion is the best job in the world (although i am biased) but i'm in the creative side of it.

i remember reading something to that effect gabby. and you're right about the buyer too.

So Kate has a job now? Wonderful. I do think she's got a bit of front going into fashion but then again, hardly anyone in fashion seems to know the first thing about style.

gabby_windsor said:
...I don't understand why a "buyer" is on a fashion shoot...in my experience a buyer has no reason to be on the shoot, it's odd. Unless it's a play job. Generally the buy will stay in the office dealing with suppliers, supply sheets etc. Looking at manafactures new wears...
She could be an assistant. That's what her duties sound like to me. But I agree that it is good she's finally got a job in the last few weeks after several months of doing...whatever she was doing. I don't know if I'll change my mind about her. I'm now suspicious of what her intentions toward William are.:flowers:

gabby_windsor said:

This is all I could find about the Mustique house:
HIBISCUS John and Belle Robinson: Hibiscus is the five-bedroom bolt hole of Jigsaw clothing-chain tycoon John Robinson and his wife Belle. This secluded villa has one of the best locations on the island with its wonderful view of Macaroni Beach. Perhaps this is why local fashion designer Lotty Bunbury arranged for Prince William and Kate Middleton to stay here on their recent romantic break. During his holiday, the future King enjoyed several energetic sets of tennis with Virgin boss Richard Branson. Source: Evening Standard, Nicky Haslam, 2 June 2006

Good for her that she found a job! I think she's perfect as an accessory buyer. I personally like her style. :)

That sounds like a fun job, probably lots of travel too.

Thank you for the pictures. What is she carrying? Is that for her job?

ETA: I guess she was picking up dry cleaning. There are more pictures here. If that link doesn't work just go to the main page and click on "Kate middleton visits local dry cleaners"

Last edited:
Thank you for the latest pictures, Laviollette

Now, this is one of those pictures of Kate, where she is smiling ;) and looks really good! :flowers:

Avalon said:
Thank you for the latest pictures, Laviollette

Now, this is one of those pictures of Kate, where she is smiling ;) and looks really good! :flowers:

Oh my! Thanks for this one, very much, what a lovely, charming picture....She rather looks, dare I say it........ like a blushing bride! Damn Fleet Street, I think they've succeeded....I'm infected with .........

Royal Wedding Fever!!!! :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom