The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Oh my! Thanks for this one, very much, what a lovely, charming picture....She rather looks, dare I say it........ like a blushing bride! Damn Fleet Street, I think they've succeeded....I'm infected with .........

Royal Wedding Fever!!!!
Calm down! , take a deep breath...!

She is just laughing at the way she has kept everyone guessing about her job and what she has been doing with her time!

She is thinking to herself, 1. The 'leak' worked, 2. That got them all excited, 3. Nah, nah de nah!

Old 12-02-2006, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
Thank you for the pictures. What is she carrying? Is that for her job?
Speculating....
She goes inside ???? carrying nothing except her keys and her purse, comes out with a small package, crosses the street to...a sock store? Then she goes into the dry cleaning. Then she comes out of dry cleaners with....her clothing that she had cleaned, and a small shopping bag that she presumbably came from the ?sock? store.
Next story from the Daily Mail?
Kate the Great what has she purchased now? For William, will it be socks for Christmas? If so, she's a deadringer for Christmas at Sandringham, where socks and shampoo make a typical family exchange.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
This is all I could find about the Mustique house:
HIBISCUS John and Belle Robinson: Hibiscus is the five-bedroom bolt hole of Jigsaw clothing-chain tycoon John Robinson and his wife Belle. This secluded villa has one of the best locations on the island with its wonderful view of Macaroni Beach. Perhaps this is why local fashion designer Lotty Bunbury arranged for Prince William and Kate Middleton to stay here on their recent romantic break. During his holiday, the future King enjoyed several energetic sets of tennis with Virgin boss Richard Branson. Source: Evening Standard, Nicky Haslam, 2 June 2006

I think this was the article i was talking about:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

(although i'm sure there was one where Belle Robinson said something about it) But in any case if Mr Robinson didn't know William then he would have said i know Kate but he didn't.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Calm down! , take a deep breath...!

She is just laughing at the way she has kept everyone guessing about her job and what she has been doing with her time!

She is thinking to herself, 1. The 'leak' worked, 2. That got them all excited, 3. Nah, nah de nah!
Well let us not forget that she's only been employed at Jigsaw for a few weeks. This is something she could have done in the first place. Setting up your children's clothing website doesn't take the amount of time she decided not to work a full-time job. And the boss of the company knows the Prince of Wales. But yes, it's great she has a job now.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby_windsor
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

(although i'm sure there was one where Belle Robinson said something about it) But in any case if Mr Robinson didn't know William then he would have said i know Kate but he didn't.
Ahh, the Mail! Why should he have to say he knows anyone. Did you want him to say, well, I don't really know William or Catherine but, I know their parents? Why do some think that anyone would want to 'confess all' to the Mail?

I expect she has had plenty of buying practise and of course learning some tricks of the trade from her parents!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Well let us not forget that she's only been employed at Jigsaw for a few weeks. This is something she could have done in the first place. Setting up your children's clothing website doesn't take the amount of time she decided not to work a full-time job. And the boss of the company knows the Prince of Wales. But yes, it's great she has a job now.
As I keep asking you, where is your evidence that she has not been employed or training, before this announcement?
Old 12-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
As I keep asking you, where is your evidence that she has not been employed or training, before this announcement?
They announced it after The Sun tabloid broke the story. They followed her as tabloids do which is why I always believed that where ever or how ever she started working the press would find out in a short time--3 weeks isn't long when compared to 18 months.

Does it really matter anyway? She's all but a sure thing to marry William right? This week's US People magazine all but tells us. Doesn't seem to matter that William's not ready. Oh no, it's just a smoke screen when he says he wants to wait until he's 28 or even 30. She's one the, period. Not a question of if but when. I think I'll stick with Princess Mary as my fav princess.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They announced it after The Sun tabloid broke the story. They followed her as tabloids do which is why I always believed that where ever or how ever she started working the press would find out in a short time--3 weeks isn't long when compared to 18 months.
There has been no announcement that Catherine has not been employed since leaving uni!

Can you say with absolute certainty that Catherine has not been employed by her parents company, whilst learning the ropes?

Do you really believe that the Sun broke anything, they were probably notified because Catherine wanted it that way!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Courtier

It doesn't seem to matter whether she has been employed or not since leaving university. The drooling press will continue her and William's march to the alter. Good for England. Whatever.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
It doesn't seem to matter whether she has been employed or not since leaving university. The drooling press will continue her and William's march to the alter. Good for England. Whatever.
Well I guess that shows the reasoning behind many internet forums who have been very critical of Kate.

The harsh criticisms in the forums balance out the drooling in the press.

And still what I find funny is that after all that has been written both pro and con, we really know so little.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-02-2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:

I expect she has had plenty of buying practise and of course learning some tricks of the trade from her parents!
Being a buyer is such a normal job. I can't emphasize enough how amazed I am that she has this very normal job for a person her age and with her qualifications. Most employers want their buyers to have a college degree, even though the job is really easy to learn and they like to hire in the 20-25 age group. It's so common that I have no doubt, in fact I am pretty certain that many of YOU reading these forums are buyers. It's just one of those really typical jobs for her age group who have at least a four-year degree, at least this is the case in the US. It's very unglamorous too and does not normally require travel because most companies, at least the biggest ones, would have buyers in all of their branches.
It's a good job, especially if you have the right attitude and think positively, you can make it loads of fun and maybe turn it into something great!
But without trying to get into Cat's head, I am just taking a shot in the dark by assuming she has taken this job not because she needs a job or needs money, but just because it helps her parents' friends, it gets her out of the house for a few hours, and it "keeps her honest," if you will.
So this just amazes me more because, for a job that just passes time, how amazing that she didn't take what was surely on the table: a glamorous, cool job like Associate Fashion Editor at some awesome Conde Nast magazine or like Sophie Rhys-Jones, a PR job!
Catherine has taken the Humble Road Less Traveled, at least in her circles, and gone for a job anyone her age and with her qualifications might have.
She chooses old family friends over "prestige," But ignore me if you don't want to be infected with my very advanced stage of Royal Wedding Fever! I warn you, it's highly contagious!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Nobility

I thought Jigsaw would have had to say "no comment" to the press, good press for them but think they should not have made any comment about Kate.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
I thought Jigsaw would have had to say "no comment" to the press, good press for them but think they should not have made any comment about Kate.
Good point. How times have changed.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Catherine has taken the Humble Road Less Traveled, at least in her circles, and gone for a job anyone her age and with her qualifications might have.
actually Catherine's uni degree doesn't qualify her for this type of position at all. being a buyer is a job that you don't just hand out to anyone and you have to work your way up to it. speaking from experience, i'd say she's probably an assistant, which is fine. i agree with you and like the fact that she's taken a perfectly normal job.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
But ignore me if you don't want to be infected with my very advanced stage of Royal Wedding Fever! I warn you, it's highly contagious!
We could never ignore you! We don't always agree but, you do write such interesting pieces. If you are getting excited now, what are you going to be like IF an announcement is made!:w00t2: :stuart:
Old 12-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

I hope that a royal engagement is announced soon. Kate has very good qualities as far as being a future queen. I think she took that job to keep busy and she just seems like such a down to earth girl and I think she is perfect for William. Ialso have wedding fever!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why people pressure so much for them? For their engagement and marriage? They're young.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder why people pressure so much for them? For their engagement and marriage? They're young.

I so agree with this statement. William is young and stubborn. I hope that he sticks to his guns and does what is right for himself and whatever life partner HE chooses, not the palace bureacracy or the "drooling press"!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I tell you I for one would be extremely disappointed if they got engaged right now. He's just graduating Sandhurst and must do a tour of military duty. That's a hard way to start a marriage.

If Kate is the one, I hope William gives the marriage a chance of success and waits till his tour is finished and he can concentrate on married life.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince look-a-like keeps Kate warm on night out

At first glance, it looks like Prince William out for a night on the town with his girlfriend Kate Middleton. But that isn't the future king putting a protective arm around 24-year-old Kate.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton