The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
A lot of doors in the UK lock automatically when the door is shut, especially in the older properties.

I keep my sets of keys separate, after I was told by the garage that to have extra weight dragging on the ignition, can cause damage to the electronics within the ignition housing. As it was a new car, I decided to do as I had been advised, (just for once).
Absolutely about the ignition Skydragon. With my last car I was the only one who knew how to jiggle the keys just so to start it--my car repair shop said it's because all of the keys I had on one ring tilted the ignition. Ever since I have had one key for my ignition, my house keys are on a separate ring.

How can anyone surmise a breakup from arriving and leaving separately? It's obvious they're still together if she's calling him to help her get in her place. Good Lord, these two are together and the longer they remain that way the more likely they'll be going down the aisle. I just read another article today that says she doesn't want to get married for fear of pressure to produce an heir, when she doesn't want to be pregnant now. I don't blame her. I'd much rather be criticized for being "lazy." Look at that Japanese princess who couldn't produce a son, as if it's her fault the Prince is making girls. She was a basket case under the intense scrutiny and pressure.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Nobility

Here's a new conspiracy theory: I wonder if the lock was damaged by a papparazzo in the hopes that the next time William tried to let himself into her place with his keys, he would be stuck outside on her doorstep, thus allowing pictures of him on her doorstep

Old 11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Kate sticks to path of unwedded bliss

Sunday Telegraph
November 19, 2006
Tim Walker

"Woolworths may have won headlines last week when it unveiled a range of commemorative gifts for a supposedly "imminent" wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, but the High Street chain does not appear to have been acting on inside information.

A friend of Wills's 24-year-old girlfriend informs Mandrake that the couple, who have been together since they met at St Andrews University, will not be getting married in the near future..."

scroll down to read http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../19/dp1901.xml

Sounds like it could be spin from camp Middleton since they've probably realized William has not and is not going to propose marriage in the near future. Maybe now Kate will find employment.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Nobility

I doubt there is a "camp Middleton" that spins information to the media.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Courtier

A Career At Last for Kate Middleton?

"For months she's been condemned as 'lazy', little more than a shopping queen who's desperately awaiting the moment she becomes a Princess. Now, though, Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, is reportedly entertaining thoughts of embarking on a new, full-time job...

A royal insider tells Mail journalist Nicholls: "Kate has been stung by suggestions she is lazy. Looking at wallpaper and fabrics with a view to doing up a home got her thinking about designing as a profession."

full article http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1447/1/

You would have thought she had some idea about what her "career" path would be after spending 4 years and countless thousands of dollars of her parents money at university, but apparently she's finally going to get a job doing something, even if it is alleged that she came to the idea after dreaming about decorating her and William's future home in Herefordshire.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince's girl jets into SA

Johannesburg - Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, is on a visit to South Africa, apparently to celebrate the 21st birthday of Sir Richard Branson's son.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Enterta...032999,00.html
Old 11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Prince's girl jets into SA

Johannesburg - Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, is on a visit to South Africa, apparently to celebrate the 21st birthday of Sir Richard Branson's son.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Enterta...032999,00.html
She must be on vacation, again, from her secret employment.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Courtier

small photo of her at airport...

http://www.news24.com/Beeld/Suid-Afr...5_2032807.html
Old 11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Commoner

This site has a very small pic of kate at the airport

http://www.news24.com/Beeld/Suid-Afr...032807,00.html

Here is the front page of the paper Beed with similar pictures. I hope the link works.
http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx
Old 11-20-2006, 05:36 PM

Where is Miss Middleton flying off to?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Commoner

South Africa. She is apparently going on safari with Richard Bransons children and a group of other people.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:39 PM

How productive.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Gentry

Mystery

Well let's really be outrageous.........

Kate does not have a job, because she is being paid to be William's girlfiend for the press. His actual girlfriend is in secret and being trained to be his wife. When the training is over we will see a big break up between William and Kate and this mystery girl will suddenly surface. William, the press will say fell head over heels and a quick marraige will follow and then you will be presented with William's wife.

This is just about as outrageous as anything else the press has thrown out to its readers.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa
Well let's really be outrageous.........

Kate does not have a job, because she is being paid to be William's girlfiend for the press. His actual girlfriend is in secret and being trained to be his wife. When the training is over we will see a big break up between William and Kate and this mystery girl will suddenly surface. William, the press will say fell head over heels and a quick marraige will follow and then you will be presented with William's wife.

This is just about as outrageous as anything else the press has thrown out to its readers.
And about five months after they get married a little princeling will be on the way Sorry. Just had to throw that one in there.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:25 PM

This woolworth things perplexes me royally! Companies do not invest precious capital in a venture unless they have figures backing up a belief in its profitability. If they have invested this capital in manufacturing souvenirs for William and Kate's wedding (actually buying the materials, paying the people to do the work, or paying for people to operate the machines that do the work, to say nothing of benefits or whatelse) then they must be pretty damn sure that this wedding will happen. Why would they invest this capital like this on some wedding souvenirs that would be totally worthless if they break up tomorrow?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:27 PM

To be honest, the souvenirs are pretty worthless anyway. They're massed produced - basic white china with a heat-applied transfer. They'll probably end up in charity shops and bring and buy sales.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

All posts, related to Kate Middleton's job position or lack of it were moved to The Public's Expectations of Kate as William's girlfriend thread.
For future, please stick to her current events or the discussion about them in the Current Events thread.

Thank you for co-operation.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
This woolworth things perplexes me royally! Companies do not invest precious capital in a venture unless they have figures backing up a belief in its profitability. If they have invested this capital in manufacturing souvenirs for William and Kate's wedding (actually buying the materials, paying the people to do the work, or paying for people to operate the machines that do the work, to say nothing of benefits or whatelse) then they must be pretty damn sure that this wedding will happen. Why would they invest this capital like this on some wedding souvenirs that would be totally worthless if they break up tomorrow?
I remember someone posted once that they had a key chain of Willem Alexander and one of his girlfriends. Even if they break up it might be funny to have.

Map for the British Royals
Old 11-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Commoner

Kate at Heathrow Airport

Pictures of kate at the airport

http://www.keystonepress.net/search_...T.x=0&SBMT.y=0
Old 11-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Commoner

I know she's young and everything and she should be having fun, but having too many holidays and hanging out with celebrities might not look good on her resume of becoming the future queen of England. She should be careful not to expose much of herself because it might haunt her in the future. Hope she enjoys her time in South Africa at least.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton