The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Well said, I havn't seen my husband for almost a week, do you think this is a cooling off period!
According to some people, apparently that would make it a cooling period in which your husband has been seeing and kissing other women and you have been "throwing your life away" by being photographed shopping one day, making you the kind of woman who has given everything up for your husband when you aren't even sure if he is truly committed to you.

But in actuality, it just means you haven't seen him for almost a week, as often happens with people in real life. Too bad some people don't realize that William and Kate, however different they are from you and I, are still people in real life. I myself haven't seen a lot of people in a long time - which makes me in a cooling-off period with a LOT of people...

Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't believe that Catherine has any 'great expectations' of William dropping everything to come running to answer her every whim!

It seems to me, she is a member of a large band of women who are able to have a rich and fulfilling life, while their men are otherwise engaged! Catherine hasn't put her life on hold, she has just got on with it, IMO!

politikgirl - I will have to stop shopping then!

Old 11-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Courtier

here's a blurb on TMZ.com about the break-up and then make-up of William and Kate
http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/16/prince...hat-a-dumbass/
Old 11-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Courtier

Kate out and about November 14; isifa pics
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kate8xq8.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?i...therineec7.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?i...erine01lb1.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?i...erine02fs8.jpg
Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Gentry

She doesn't look that bothered by press attention. Her hair looks nice though, she must get a blowout at least once a week. Nice bag, it looks like my mother's leather and canvas birkin.

I've got to say she looks quite pretty when she's smiling, when she doesn't her face looks quite sunken,and one notices the quite pronounced bags under her eyes. I can't believe she's only 24, she looks about 27 or 28.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Nobility

I would love to know what the papparazzi say to her to get such reactions! I bet it bothers her still (a lot of celebrities say that it still bothers them) but I think she's just being a good sport.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Well said, I havn't seen my husband for almost a week, do you think this is a cooling off period!
That's a great one, Skydragon! I hope everything is good between William and Cat. But whatever can be said about him and his supposed "roving eye," I always have to give him credit for seeming to have very good tastes when it comes to women. His choices always seem so grounded and healthy. I wouldn't say that either Jecca or Kate or Arabella seem like drama queen or insecure types. He likes confident, strong women.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby_windsor
I hardly think he needed to mention Kate Middleton to get his 5 minutes of fame. He rowed across the Atlantic, to me, that's more of an achievement than knowing Kate Middleton.
Yes, he is so famous nobody even remembers what he is called!
Old 11-17-2006, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
Now William has a set of duties he has to fulfill whether Kate is in his life or not. As for cooling off periods, they could simply be times that he has to not be with her since he has a life of his own. He can't just pop off training, jog to the movie with Kate and then jet off like most trust fund kids his age. She shouldn't expect him to pick her up, whisk her off to the Palace, then toss a ring on her finger as if his entire life was constructed to make her Princess of Wales. It isn't and she had better realize that pronto. She isn't a royal by blood and birth, she's a member of the middle class and William won't be like any husband that her friends are used to or have grown up expecting. If his itinerary states he has to fish for whales after Sandhurst, then that is where he's going to go whether Kate approves or not. The courtiers guide his life so that way the monarchy continues and if Kate wants to stop that or get in the way, then Kate will be (harsh as it sounds) kicked aside. William's life is not like hers and he has a duty to fulfill.
This is very well stated. I've also wondered when do they have times to see each other because William has a lot going on right now. I imagine their "dates" or whatever you want to call them are planned out in advance and to the letter just like everything else. On top of Sandhurst and the typical ribbon-cutting type of events, he must also be training for the turnover of the Windsor park ranger job. Or has it taken over that one yet? You're right, I think, about them being unable to ever be spontaneous. If they want to see each other, they better make plans. Besides that, they surely don't prefer to be seen, so they have to factor in serious discretion all the time.
You know whatever is really going on, the real story is much more exciting than all of our guesswork! The real story is always much better than the speculations, from my experience! What do they say, Truth is better than Fiction?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
here's a blurb on TMZ.com about the break-up and then make-up of William and Kate
http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/16/prince...hat-a-dumbass/
That article is just silly, but thank you for posting it. Laviollette, I think some of the things you have been saying are good points. For example, about there being a "bonfire" sometimes where there is smoke. But at the same time, I believe it is a mistake to believe too much of what is written. I think it is good to take it with a grain of salt or take it for whatever it is worth, but be very sparing about it. Sometimes there is truth, but not always. I tend to believe the reports about William's catting around are exaggerated. If the British press has evidence of it, maybe they don't print it because of the PCC or the Palace somehow keeps them quiet, but in that case, it seems like the German press would on top of it! So no matter what the Palace does to keep things quiet, usually someone gets it out somehow! So I don't see much accuracy in these "William the philanderer" rumors.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:13 AM
Royal Highness

although i love reading about the royals in some ways it would be nice to go back to the old days before "the light was let in". it was a nice fairytale.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Nobility

Out in the cold-it's Keyhole Kate

I wonder how long she was waiting. That's too bad. I'm always misplacing my keys too.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
Out in the cold-it's Keyhole Kate

I wonder how long she was waiting. That's too bad. I'm always misplacing my keys too.
And she didn't get into her flat anyway. I wonder why she didn't call a locksmith? Then Kate and William left in separate cars? hmmmmm... And the Daily Mail insists there is an engagement coming next spring but says William has not proposed. Strange article.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Gentry

Its also strange, because how many people have a different set of keys for home and car and it did say in the article she drove off, after her and William couldn't open the front door.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Nobility

She didn't waste money on a locksmith because someone has a set of keys -- William and perhaps her neighbors. Her parents should also have a key IMO.

They left in separate cars because they probably went back to where he is staying for the rest of the weekend, until he returns to Sandhurst and she returns to her townhouse -- with a working set of keys that she probably left at William's -- or to her folks'.

No conspiracy, no story, except that even future Princesses lock themselves out of the house. What is interesting and what no one has seemed to pick up on is that WILLIAM HAS A SET OF KEYS TO HER PLACE. Kinda gives credence to the old debunked rumors that they would live together after college. They can't kid a kidder. :-)
Old 11-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Courtier

But William's key didn't open the door. I wonder why? Strange I'm telling you. So she leaves to go get her key. I wonder if it worked? And don't the two lovebirds spend all their free time together since William is away in the army? They arrived separately and left separately. Maybe William had to get back to Sandhurst but they didn't spend the weekend together? William was at Remembrance services on November 11th, I believe and the picture of them in front of Kate's flat was taken on November 12th. Just an observation.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:15 AM

I think they left in separate cars only because William had driven there to see if his key worked. If they went to wherever to hang for the weekend, they'd want to have their own cars, so William could drive back to Sandhurst and Kate would have her way back to London, I guess.

But it is extremely odd to have a different set of keys for car and home! How could she leave her house without the keys? Most houses lock from the outside.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Courtier

Correction: William attended remembrance day services on November 12th so Kate waited for him to finish with his official duties to come and let her in her flat and the key didn't work anyway? And it seems clear they weren't together last weekend.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
But it is extremely odd to have a different set of keys for car and home! How could she leave her house without the keys? Most houses lock from the outside.
My husband has different sets of keys for car and house and office, and is forever hunting for one set or another. I like to have all my keys on the one ring because I like the comfort of knowing that if I'm driving my car I will be able to get into the house or office when I get there and don't have to wonder where the keys are, but not everyone does this. Because I like the convenience of all keys on the same ring, I don't use the car key with the fancy remote locking/unlocking thingy on it because it's too bulky.

As for house doors, there are many sorts. I have always had house door locks that locked by turning a knob on the inside before leaving, so I could easily leave the house without my keys. That's why I had to keep a spare hidden in the greenhouse.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

A lot of doors in the UK lock automatically when the door is shut, especially in the older properties.

I keep my sets of keys separate, after I was told by the garage that to have extra weight dragging on the ignition, can cause damage to the electronics within the ignition housing. As it was a new car, I decided to do as I had been advised, (just for once).

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton