Kate Middleton Current Events 13: November 5-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Welcome to Kate Middleton current events thread,
part 13.

Part 12 can be found here

Last edited:
Wow......Kate looks amazing. I love that jacket she's wearing.

As do I , Wonder if we will see her at Sandhurst when he Completes his term.

TonyaR,
I think she is about 5"9, I can't be precise though. As for what she was wearing, a black pair of trousers, a light coloured shirt and a black cardigan, what was noticeable though the chanel style long chains. That's as much as I noticed beside her very sweet smile :flowers:

Sister Morphine said:
Wow......Kate looks amazing. I love that jacket she's wearing.

i totally agree. what a nice outfit!

She's just perfectly dressed! I really like her style!

Here is a pretty interesting article about Kate's fashion.

Last edited:
I think the article is rather flattering but the term is not: lamb dressed up as mutton.

Apparently Kate is at the vanguard of a fashion trend!

Hmm, well, maybe the article is not THAT flattering but I think its less about Kate than it is about describing a new fashion trend which is younger women are dressing up more conservatively and looking older than they are.

The author seems to prefer that over the WAG look which is why I thought it was rather flattering.

Kate dressed as a WAG? Can you imagine? Makes one's head spin.

The article was somewhat flattering until that last line. Then again, I've always found the Guardian to be rather snide about everything from entertainment news to world events. I'll admit to being biased, though. :)

The way Kate dresses is not unique in London or any of the other cities. A lot of young women like the tailored look you get from shops like Principles or Debenhams (a couple of cheap clothing stores in the UK). Sensible skirts and cardi's have never really gone out of fashion from what I have seen.

The 'looks' that make the news are the trousers that are just above the crutch and tops that finish just below the bust. :lol: :ROFLMAO:

i thought it was "Kate-favorable" and i have to agree...not everyone will be able to pull off this look...there's a line between looking chic and looking frumpy. my experience has been that london fashions are about a year and a half to two years ahead of north america though (unless of course your katie holmes and can afford to shop all over the world but for us mere mortals it'll be a while yet before this look really hits on this side of the ocean). i've always liked kate's style...it's classic. the clothes she wears now would be in style no matter when she wears them...now or 10 years down the road. they're timeless.

tesaweer said:
TonyaR,
I think she is about 5"9, I can't be precise though. As for what she was wearing, a black pair of trousers, a light coloured shirt and a black cardigan, what was noticeable though the chanel style long chains. That's as much as I noticed beside her very sweet smile :flowers:

Tesaweer,
Thank you for the information. :) It's nice to hear that Kate was pleasant and polite in an everyday situation.
Unexpected encounters like the one you had with Kate are how we (the public) find out about the 'true' person. ;)
Had she been rude or surly or just impatient, that would've reflected badly on her character. I'm glad she was nice.

if i am not mistaken, thats an old picture of her. i find the article article funny and nothing to be sourpussed in. i think kate would agree,too. :flowers:

That picture is from last fall, when she was out job hunting after graduation.

Royal Wedding Video

mims11, thank you so much for your wonderful video. The pictures were wonderful, and I hadn't seen some of them before. I especially enjoyed the pictures of Mary and Maxima's weddings. I hope you do another video sometime.

Hey, guys, you know how the press always makes up names for celebrity couples like Bennifer, Brangelina? What would Wills and kate be?
Wate? Kills? :ohmy: ....I guess that doesn't really work too well!:lol:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Hey, guys, you know how the press always makes up names for celebrity couples like Bennifer, Brangelina? What would Wills and kate be?
WillKat, Katills, K-Wills,
Willeton, Middwills, Willmet? :lol:

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:

Great ones Casiraghi! :lol:
especially that one: "Kills" :ROFLMAO:

mims111 said:
Great ones Casiraghi! :lol:
especially that one: "Kills" :ROFLMAO:

How about Kwills or Wilks?