The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Let's not forget that he has girls throwing themselves at him all the time. If the article is true and he was drunk, it doesn't excuse his behavior, and if Kate did "let him have it" good for her. But I must say I do think they are pretty solid as a couple and in another year or so time will tell if she's "the one". JMO
It could be that William is moving on from Kate because either the relationship has run its course, or he is starting to feel the pressure from not just the media but the courtiers who are rumored to be trying to shove him down the isle of matrimony and he is rebelling against this. Of course that's if this story has an ounce of truth to it.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Nobility

Which I doubt. Poor William. Poor Kate. I'll bet he says to her all the time about the press: "I warned you."

Old 11-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Courtier

It must be pretty tough to be dating a member of the royal family. The pressure must be enormous to always put on a good show for both family and public, especially where there is media around. It doesn't appear one has any downtime to just get on with it and live life with all of its ups & downs being slung at you. Most of us who have had a temporary breakup with boyfriends/girlfriends know the gut wrenching pain we sometimes go through or the ticked off feeling we have for the one who has broken our heart. We just get on with it and put on our best face or sometimes we wear our heart on our sleeve for everyone to see.

God it would be awful to be constantly looking around you to see if there's a Nikon focusing in on you all the time. No time for a sneeze, a scratch, a tear, a yell, a disagreement, a spilt drink on one's clothes or anything like that. I sort of feel sorry for anyone in either of these two positions. Him knowing it's going to be reported back to her because of who he is and his visibility; and, her getting upset or appearing upset sending alarm signals for the world to see. Dating a royal family member is like a co-starring role in The Truman Show.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Commoner

I agree that it must be most unpleasant having these articles about, whether true or not. I cant imagine when William would have had the time to be having too many drinks and kissing someone. Who could it have been? I was under the impression that at almost every opportunity Will and Kate were together.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
WillKat, Katills, K-Wills,
Willeton, Middwills, Willmet?
Did they have such a name for Charles and Di? Or for Edward and Sophie?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
God it would be awful to be constantly looking around you to see if there's a Nikon focusing in on you all the time. No time for a sneeze, a scratch, a tear, a yell, a disagreement, a spilt drink on one's clothes or anything like that. I sort of feel sorry for anyone in either of these two positions. Him knowing it's going to be reported back to her because of who he is and his visibility; and, her getting upset or appearing upset sending alarm signals for the world to see. Dating a royal family member is like a co-starring role in The Truman Show.
generally its the price of fame, specifically (not Kate's case) its the price of wearing prada, dior, valentino and jimmy choo.. on taxpayers' credit
Old 11-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Did they have such a name for Charles and Di? Or for Edward and Sophie?
Let see...
- Charledi, Dichar, Dierles or Dirles, Chardigate, Charledigate...
- Sophed, Sophedgate, Sophward, Sopheward...
Old 11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Nobility

Anyway!! Rumor that Kate and Chelsy have been invited to stay at Windsor Castle for part of Christmas celebration with their boyfriends. That's very nice to include the young ladies finally, if true.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Aristocracy

oohhh! that sounds interesting. lets see if it they really get to go, I hope they do.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
Anyway!! Rumor that Kate and Chelsy have been invited to stay at Windsor Castle for part of Christmas celebration with their boyfriends. That's very nice to include the young ladies finally, if true.

I thought the XMAS celebration was at Sandringham this year?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Courtier

New photos of william and Kate... look like they visit a friend and tried to ring the bell... date was Nov 12th..... from http://www.seegerpress-online.de

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...dleton%20Misc/
Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for posting those pics, Karla64. There are some very nice ones of Kate there.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
New photos of william and Kate... look like they visit a friend and tried to ring the bell... date was Nov 12th..... from http://www.seegerpress-online.de

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...dleton%20Misc/
Suddenly they are seen together for the first time in several weeks. Maybe it is true that they had a "cooling-off" period. Doesn't bode well for the relationship much less an "understanding." Interesting photo op coming amid the buzz about problems in their relationship.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness

lot's of people have a "cooling off period" and if that's what works for you then maybe it's not a bad thing.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Suddenly they are seen together for the first time in several weeks. Maybe it is true that they had a "cooling-off" period. Doesn't bode well for the relationship much less an "understanding." Interesting photo op coming amid the buzz about problems in their relationship.
Just because they have not been seen together in public does not mean there has been a "cooling off" period in their relationship. We have only the tabloids and the paparrazzi photos to guide us.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Nobility

Very well said. Many are celebrating their rumored breakup. Then a cold dose of reality shows up in the form of pictures of them together. I still believe they are thick as thieves. Good for Kate & Willy!!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I thought the XMAS celebration was at Sandringham this year?
You're right. At first it was reported Windsor but then reports came out that indeed it is another Christmas at Sandringham.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Here's one for the naysayers: Kate smiles!

(thanks to Laviollette)
Old 11-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Courtier

Well, it seems that Kate is at it again--and loving every minute of it!

She's A Chic Shopping 'Queen'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006530129,00.html
Old 11-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, it seems that Kate is at it again--and loving every minute of it!
Shameless! This wanton woman is shopping again!! (or maybe she's just walking down the street)

Tags
kate middleton