Kate Middleton Current Events 13: November 5-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how did they detect that she was shopping? :ermm: :rolleyes:
There are no bags, nothing that would indicate she has bought anything.

Technically, getting a cup of coffee qualifies as a "shopping spree".:flowers:

Avalon said:
Can anyone tell me how did they detect that she was shopping? :ermm: :rolleyes:
There are no bags, nothing that would indicate she has bought anything.

I am not sure what she do with things..maybe she ordered some stuff and so it delivered to her home ??? who knows or the caption said she is in and out Chelsea area don't say a word 'shopping'

she certainly looks great...no matter what she's doing.

Incas said:
Technically, getting a cup of coffee qualifies as a "shopping spree".:flowers:

Ahh, you have been to London! :lol:

It's interesting that despite Kate being utterly devoted to William and putting her own life on hold, that they've now had two cooling-off periods in their no more than 3-year relationship (in 2004 and now in 2006). Arabella M. moved on from PW and the PR girl is doing something with her life. She wasn't going to put up with any disrespect due to his roving eye. Anna Sloane of Tennessee declined his offer to date after he became smitten with her during the 2004 cooling-off period with Kate; W&K got back together. Isabella Anstruther-etc. also doesn't return the apparent interest he has in her. She's denied knowing him even though gossip mags say yes, they have met. She's graduated from Edinburgh University and isn't pining for Wills.

So who's left? Kate. Waiting, waiting for a ring, not building a life of her own outside of her bf's life and his interests. And now word of this 2nd cooling-off period. It makes me wonder what Kate is going to do if her relationship with William doesn't work out? What if he dumps her? I think she'll be devastated having put all this effort into this one person and staked her future on him and her expectations don't pan out. If that happens I'll bet it will be spun that Kate dumped Wills but that won't change her hurt feelings after she's become dependent on her bf at the expense of building her own life and career.

Laviollette said:
It's interesting that despite Kate being utterly devoted to William and putting her own life on hold, that they've now had two cooling-off periods in their no more than 3-year relationship (in 2004 and now in 2006).

I have searched the internet for a statement from William or Catherine, announcing a cooling off period but, surprise, surprise there hasn't been one.

Don't believe everything you hear/read in the media, what they don't know, they will invent!

Last edited:
IMO she needs a spark, some measure of vitatlity.. she just seems so ho-hum that people are starting to be bored I think. I know I am.

gabby_windsor said:
Actually didn't that guy who rowed across the Atlantic (there are photos of William welcoming him home) say that she was starting her own business and then it came out that she was just going to be the name and she was being courted by Viyella (i think).

And how would he know.... it is all rumours put about by the media and so called 'friends' who want 5 minutes of fame.

If she was running a successful business, the media would be all over it and quickly.

How would they know anything about it. To get details of any company directors/trading as etc, you need the name of the company and there are millions of companies (limited or not) in the UK.

In regards to a statement of cooling off, well we have never had a statement of heating up (nor pictorial evidence for that matter, except a kiss on a cheek once or twice).

Therefore nobody can state that there have been cooling off periods! :lol:

But i guess the media works both ways, we can't believe then that Kate is the greatest, most elegant and chic creature ever either and that it is a case of "when" not if either.

Some of them believe that and it does sell their rags. Some people prefer to make up their own minds as to whether she is elegant or chic. I might like an outfit one day and with her next outfit, think she has 'lost the plot'.

You have only to look at the headline manipulation regarding the latest trip to Chelsea with her mum, she was called a shopping queen and yet there wasn't a bag of shopping to be seen!

Last edited:
Nice to see them together, you see them on their own so often it is sometimes strange seeing them together.

Laviollette said:
It's interesting that despite Kate being utterly devoted to William and putting her own life on hold, that they've now had two cooling-off periods in their no more than 3-year relationship (in 2004 and now in 2006). Arabella M. moved on from PW and the PR girl is doing something with her life. She wasn't going to put up with any disrespect due to his roving eye. Anna Sloane of Tennessee declined his offer to date after he became smitten with her during the 2004 cooling-off period with Kate; W&K got back together. Isabella Anstruther-etc. also doesn't return the apparent interest he has in her. She's denied knowing him even though gossip mags say yes, they have met. She's graduated from Edinburgh University and isn't pining for Wills.

So who's left? Kate. Waiting, waiting for a ring, not building a life of her own outside of her bf's life and his interests. And now word of this 2nd cooling-off period. It makes me wonder what Kate is going to do if her relationship with William doesn't work out? What if he dumps her? I think she'll be devastated having put all this effort into this one person and staked her future on him and her expectations don't pan out. If that happens I'll bet it will be spun that Kate dumped Wills but that won't change her hurt feelings after she's become dependent on her bf at the expense of building her own life and career.

I hope you are wrong only because if you are right, that would be very sad!
Nevertheless, your perspective is interesting and thought-provoking.
I wonder what is your take on the Jecca situation. Was Jecca chasing Wills or the other way around? The press said she was dating that OE Ropner guy, but still pushed the idea of a "fling" with William and being very vague. a common impression, I think, was that Wills and Kate had a "cooling off" and Wills wanted to jump start things with Jecca, but then Kate wanted him back? It is all very confusing, I think, because no one knows the real story. It's all just guesswork.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I hope you are wrong only because if you are right, that would be very sad!
Nevertheless, your perspective is interesting and thought-provoking.
I wonder what is your take on the Jecca situation. Was Jecca chasing Wills or the other way around? The press said she was dating that OE Ropner guy, but still pushed the idea of a "fling" with William and being very vague. a common impression, I think, was that Wills and Kate had a "cooling off" and Wills wanted to jump start things with Jecca, but then Kate wanted him back? It is all very confusing, I think, because no one knows the real story. It's all just guesswork.
I've said before that I think it was interesting that William kept in contact with Jecca even though he was dating Kate. I think he obviously likes JC but she isn't interested in being hounded by the press. The tabloid press speculates a lot about the royals and some of what they write is false and way off base. But a lot of what they print is right on target as we've seen again and again, especially with the Charles & Diana disaster. If there is a lot of smoke, a lot of times there is a bonfire. The gossip press shouldn't always be discounted.

It's clear to me that PW likes to date around. There is nothing wrong with that. He is a 24-year-old young man. But if he is going out with or kissing other girls, it looks like he's trying to find a way out of his current relationship but doesn't know how to end it.

I don't understand why some people think they're having a "cooling-off" period. Just because they're not seen together in public by the media doesn't mean they're not together...

Maybe William keeps contact with Jecca because he considers her to be a friend. It is possible for men and women who had once dated or expressed an interest in each other to keep it on a friendship level.

Kate, doesn't appear to be threatened by their friendship...didn't they vacation together?

Laviollette said:
I've said before that I think it was interesting that William kept in contact with Jecca even though he was dating Kate. I think he obviously likes JC but she isn't interested in being hounded by the press. The tabloid press speculates a lot about the royals and some of what they write is false and way off base. But a lot of what they print is right on target as we've seen again and again, especially with the Charles & Diana disaster. If there is a lot of smoke, a lot of times there is a bonfire. The gossip press shouldn't always be discounted.

It's clear to me that PW likes to date around. There is nothing wrong with that. He is a 24-year-old young man. But if he is going out with or kissing other girls, it looks like he's trying to find a way out of his current relationship but doesn't know how to end it.
If he is kissing or going out with other girls, that could very well be true. The question is, do we actually know what he is doing?
We don't know what Prince William is actually doing in his personal life.
We do know that he continues to see Catherine Middleton, because we've seen recent photos of them together.
That's really about all we have to go on.

If he is kissing or going out with other girls, that could very well be true. The question is, do we actually know what he is doing?

William and Kate could have an open relationship where they take periods to be with other people but always come back after a time. I've got several friends who do it and I've done it myself in the past so maybe thats what they've agreed upon.

politikgirl said:
I don't understand why some people think they're having a "cooling-off" period. Just because they're not seen together in public by the media doesn't mean they're not together...

Well said, I havn't seen my husband for almost a week, do you think this is a cooling off period! :ermm: :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Zonk said:
Maybe William keeps contact with Jecca because he considers her to be a friend. It is possible for men and women who had once dated or expressed an interest in each other to keep it on a friendship level.
Kate, doesn't appear to be threatened by their friendship...didn't they vacation together?

Well said Zonk! :flowers:

It is very possible to stay friends with ex's of any description and I believe you are right about them all holidaying together.

TonyaR said:
We don't know what Prince William is actually doing in his personal life.
We do know that he continues to see Catherine Middleton, because we've seen recent photos of them together.
That's really about all we have to go on.

As he is nearing the end of his training, I would be amazed if he has the time or the energy to be dating or kissing other girls! :lol:

Skydragon said:
Well said, I havn't seen my husband for almost a week, do you think this is a cooling off period! :ermm: :ROFLMAO: :lol:

According to some people, apparently that would make it a cooling period in which your husband has been seeing and kissing other women and you have been "throwing your life away" by being photographed shopping one day, making you the kind of woman who has given everything up for your husband when you aren't even sure if he is truly committed to you. ;) :ROFLMAO:

But in actuality, it just means you haven't seen him for almost a week, as often happens with people in real life. ;) Too bad some people don't realize that William and Kate, however different they are from you and I, are still people in real life. :lol: I myself haven't seen a lot of people in a long time - which makes me in a cooling-off period with a LOT of people...

I don't believe that Catherine has any 'great expectations' of William dropping everything to come running to answer her every whim!

It seems to me, she is a member of a large band of women who are able to have a rich and fulfilling life, while their men are otherwise engaged! Catherine hasn't put her life on hold, she has just got on with it, IMO!

politikgirl - :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I will have to stop shopping then! :lol:

Laviollette said:

She doesn't look that bothered by press attention. Her hair looks nice though, she must get a blowout at least once a week. Nice bag, it looks like my mother's leather and canvas birkin.

I've got to say she looks quite pretty when she's smiling, when she doesn't her face looks quite sunken,and one notices the quite pronounced bags under her eyes. I can't believe she's only 24, she looks about 27 or 28.

I would love to know what the papparazzi say to her to get such reactions! I bet it bothers her still (a lot of celebrities say that it still bothers them) but I think she's just being a good sport.

Skydragon said:

:lol: That's a great one, Skydragon! I hope everything is good between William and Cat. But whatever can be said about him and his supposed "roving eye," I always have to give him credit for seeming to have very good tastes when it comes to women. His choices always seem so grounded and healthy. I wouldn't say that either Jecca or Kate or Arabella seem like drama queen or insecure types. He likes confident, strong women. :cool:

gabby_windsor said:
I hardly think he needed to mention Kate Middleton to get his 5 minutes of fame. He rowed across the Atlantic, to me, that's more of an achievement than knowing Kate Middleton.

Yes, he is so famous nobody even remembers what he is called! :lol:

Tzu An said:
Now William has a set of duties he has to fulfill whether Kate is in his life or not. As for cooling off periods, they could simply be times that he has to not be with her since he has a life of his own. He can't just pop off training, jog to the movie with Kate and then jet off like most trust fund kids his age. She shouldn't expect him to pick her up, whisk her off to the Palace, then toss a ring on her finger as if his entire life was constructed to make her Princess of Wales. It isn't and she had better realize that pronto. She isn't a royal by blood and birth, she's a member of the middle class and William won't be like any husband that her friends are used to or have grown up expecting. If his itinerary states he has to fish for whales after Sandhurst, then that is where he's going to go whether Kate approves or not. The courtiers guide his life so that way the monarchy continues and if Kate wants to stop that or get in the way, then Kate will be (harsh as it sounds) kicked aside. William's life is not like hers and he has a duty to fulfill.
This is very well stated. I've also wondered when do they have times to see each other because William has a lot going on right now. I imagine their "dates" or whatever you want to call them are planned out in advance and to the letter just like everything else. On top of Sandhurst and the typical ribbon-cutting type of events, he must also be training for the turnover of the Windsor park ranger job. Or has it taken over that one yet? You're right, I think, about them being unable to ever be spontaneous. If they want to see each other, they better make plans. Besides that, they surely don't prefer to be seen, so they have to factor in serious discretion all the time.
You know whatever is really going on, the real story is much more exciting than all of our guesswork! The real story is always much better than the speculations, from my experience! What do they say, Truth is better than Fiction? :lol:

Laviollette said:
here's a blurb on TMZ.com about the break-up and then make-up of William and Kate
http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/16/prince-williams-girlfriend-what-a-dumbass/

That article is just silly, but thank you for posting it. Laviollette, I think some of the things you have been saying are good points. For example, about there being a "bonfire" sometimes where there is smoke. But at the same time, I believe it is a mistake to believe too much of what is written. I think it is good to take it with a grain of salt or take it for whatever it is worth, but be very sparing about it. Sometimes there is truth, but not always. I tend to believe the reports about William's catting around are exaggerated. If the British press has evidence of it, maybe they don't print it because of the PCC or the Palace somehow keeps them quiet, but in that case, it seems like the German press would on top of it! So no matter what the Palace does to keep things quiet, usually someone gets it out somehow! So I don't see much accuracy in these "William the philanderer" rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom