The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton current events 12: September-November 2006

Welcome to Kate Middleton current events thread.
part 12.

Part 11 can be found here

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Commoner

It"s Prince William's car? It's a Golf?

Old 09-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Aristocracy

They both drive Golfs.

(Golves?)
Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Gentry

oh, how refreshing to be reminded of my professor in college by this pic: http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...leton_2773.jpg

Old 09-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Commoner

^^Kate looks so beautiful in that photo! I am so jealous, she looks stunning.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgirl
oh, how refreshing to be reminded of my professor in college by this pic: http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...leton_2773.jpg

These are the kind of clothes she should have been wearing when she was job-hunting last year after graduation. Maybe she would have had more luck finding employment.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Nobility

Her style really has improved lately
Old 09-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

If she look for a job now she will get it for sure!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Nobility

She doesn't have to look for a job. Her family is wealthy and are happy to support her. What she does with her time is her business.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Accordin to hola! Kate lost her other grandmother, Valerie Middleton

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/breves/index.html?currentImg=5

Quote:
Prince William has been a tear tissue to his girlfriend, Kate Middleton, in the last few weeks. The young woman mourns the death of her two grandmothers. On his father side, Valerie Middleton of 82 died in Andoverm (Hampshire) last week, barely two months after the lost of her other grandmother, Dorothy Goldsmith, of 71, because of lung cancer. Kate, with the frame of a queen, read an emotive poem in her funeral
Old 09-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Oh no. What a sad time for Kate right now.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

my heart goes out to her and her family
Old 09-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

how sad, my heart goes out to kate and her family
Old 09-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Nobility

My condolences to Kate, it must be very difficult losing both grandmothers so close together. My heart goes out to her and her family.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Gentry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m...lit/dp1701.xml

Kate can now work full time for the Firm

If Kate Middleton is, as many predict, soon to become Prince William's wife, she will be able to marry into "the Firm" unencumbered by any outside business commitments.

Mandrake hears that the 24-year-old St Andrews graduate has abandoned plans to launch a mail-order company selling children's clothes.

"I don't think she's doing it any more," Crown Princess Pavlos of Greece, Marie-Chantal, told Mandrake at a private view of Irving Penn's photographs at Hamiltons Gallery, in Mayfair, last week. "It's a shame, as it's a good business to be in."

Marie-Chantal, whose second child, Constantine Alexios, is Prince William's godson, opened an eponymous children's clothes shop in Knightsbridge in 2003 and plans to launch another in Notting Hill.

The princess, one of the three daughters of the American duty-free billionaire Robert Miller, says she has not, however, offered Kate any advice.

In July, Wills's girlfriend was reported to have parted company with Viyella, which had been supporting her plans. Viyella apparently decided to retain control of its designs and asked her to return all its business plans.

Okay so she didn't design anything and she didn't write the business plan. So what exactly did she do? Was she just going to be the face...sounds to me like she was going to use her image in aid of business. How very mercenary...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Okay so she didn't design anything and she didn't write the business plan. So what exactly did she do? Was she just going to be the face...sounds to me like she was going to use her image in aid of business. How very mercenary...
And to think, just a year ago everyone was calling her a clothing designer, etc. So basically she was going to do none of the work, but get all the glory; utterly shameless.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:59 AM
Royal Highness

First of all, we don't even know if any of this is true. And second, why is Marie-Chantal chatting about Kate in public who isn't even in the royal circle? It just seems odd.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

Wha? Has Marie Chantal even met Kate? How weird.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Marie-Chantal knows William but I don't know if she's met Kate. From her quote, it looks like she has hasn't talked to Kate directly about the business so its possible that she hasn't met Kate.

Its also very possible that Kate simply thought about going into this type of business and then decided against it. From what I understand, the clothing design and retail market is very competitive and has very low profit margins.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
So basically she was going to do none of the work, but get all the glory;
The sign of a very astute and brilliant businesswoman!

Tags
kate middleton