Kate Middleton Current Events 12: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Welcome to Kate Middleton current events thread.
part 12.

Part 11 can be found here

It"s Prince William's car? It's a Golf?

They both drive Golfs.

(Golves?)

^^Kate looks so beautiful in that photo! I am so jealous, she looks stunning.

If she look for a job now she will get it for sure!

She doesn't have to look for a job. Her family is wealthy and are happy to support her. What she does with her time is her business.

Accordin to hola! Kate lost her other grandmother, Valerie Middleton

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/breves/index.html?currentImg=5

Prince William has been a tear tissue to his girlfriend, Kate Middleton, in the last few weeks. The young woman mourns the death of her two grandmothers. On his father side, Valerie Middleton of 82 died in Andoverm (Hampshire) last week, barely two months after the lost of her other grandmother, Dorothy Goldsmith, of 71, because of lung cancer. Kate, with the frame of a queen, read an emotive poem in her funeral

Last edited:
Oh no. What a sad time for Kate right now.

my heart goes out to her and her family

how sad, my heart goes out to kate and her family

My condolences to Kate, it must be very difficult losing both grandmothers so close together. My heart goes out to her and her family.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml;jsessionid=G1DO2N2WSQHZFQFIQMGCFFWAVCBQUIV0?xml=/opinion/2006/09/17/nosplit/dp1701.xml

Kate can now work full time for the Firm

If Kate Middleton is, as many predict, soon to become Prince William's wife, she will be able to marry into "the Firm" unencumbered by any outside business commitments.

Mandrake hears that the 24-year-old St Andrews graduate has abandoned plans to launch a mail-order company selling children's clothes.

"I don't think she's doing it any more," Crown Princess Pavlos of Greece, Marie-Chantal, told Mandrake at a private view of Irving Penn's photographs at Hamiltons Gallery, in Mayfair, last week. "It's a shame, as it's a good business to be in."

Marie-Chantal, whose second child, Constantine Alexios, is Prince William's godson, opened an eponymous children's clothes shop in Knightsbridge in 2003 and plans to launch another in Notting Hill.

The princess, one of the three daughters of the American duty-free billionaire Robert Miller, says she has not, however, offered Kate any advice.

In July, Wills's girlfriend was reported to have parted company with Viyella, which had been supporting her plans. Viyella apparently decided to retain control of its designs and asked her to return all its business plans.

Okay so she didn't design anything and she didn't write the business plan. So what exactly did she do? Was she just going to be the face...sounds to me like she was going to use her image in aid of business. How very mercenary...
progress.gif

Last edited:
Okay so she didn't design anything and she didn't write the business plan. So what exactly did she do? Was she just going to be the face...sounds to me like she was going to use her image in aid of business. How very mercenary...

And to think, just a year ago everyone was calling her a clothing designer, etc. So basically she was going to do none of the work, but get all the glory; utterly shameless.

First of all, we don't even know if any of this is true. And second, why is Marie-Chantal chatting about Kate in public who isn't even in the royal circle? It just seems odd.

Wha? Has Marie Chantal even met Kate? How weird.

Marie-Chantal knows William but I don't know if she's met Kate. From her quote, it looks like she has hasn't talked to Kate directly about the business so its possible that she hasn't met Kate.

Its also very possible that Kate simply thought about going into this type of business and then decided against it. From what I understand, the clothing design and retail market is very competitive and has very low profit margins.

Tzu An said:
So basically she was going to do none of the work, but get all the glory;

The sign of a very astute and brilliant businesswoman! :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tzu An said:
So basically she was going to do none of the work, but get all the glory; utterly shameless.

Depends on your definition of "work" I guess. If for you being involved in plannings, adding your own ideas and personality, spending your time dressing up for representation, be a symbol for something, be nice to the people you meet in order to sell your stuff is not "work", then I guess the whole "Firm" of the House of Windsor of Great Britian is just "utterly shameless" as I doubt the queen or prince Charles or his brothers and sister are doing that much more than the work which maybe would have been required of Kate - if we believe this information, that is. One need not be the servant or the employee to be "working" - sometimes being the shingle is much more work than the packing of the sold clothing for expedition or other "work" involved in a mail order business.

That is very sad about her grandmother, to lose one is bad enough but to lose a second in such a short time is awful. At least her parents will have one another to lean on.

Very sad but such things happen unfortunately

Jo of Palatine said:
Depends on your definition of "work" I guess. If for you being involved in plannings, adding your own ideas and personality, spending your time dressing up for representation, be a symbol for something, be nice to the people you meet in order to sell your stuff is not "work", then I guess the whole "Firm" of the House of Windsor of Great Britian is just "utterly shameless" as I doubt the queen or prince Charles or his brothers and sister are doing that much more than the work which maybe would have been required of Kate - if we believe this information, that is. One need not be the servant or the employee to be "working" - sometimes being the shingle is much more work than the packing of the sold clothing for expedition or other "work" involved in a mail order business.

I don't think Kate would seriously considering being a 'shingle' in a clothing business if she's serious about marrying William. I imagine the Royal Family would take a very dim view of her promoting any other 'brand' that could possible conflict with the image she would need as a member of a royal family. Grace Kelly got lucky but then Prince Rainier already saw her image as a Hollywood movie star and liked it; the British Royal Family is a little stricter about their public image.

It would be too chancy for Kate to agree to be a public face for a corporation if she and William are serious.

Marie-Chantal really shouldn't be chatting about Kate's future plans, as a royal herself, in my humble opinion.

soCal girl said:
First of all, we don't even know if any of this is true. And second, why is Marie-Chantal chatting about Kate in public who isn't even in the royal circle? It just seems odd.

She probably heard it through the grapevine. Afterall, don't we all have one of those. I think the royal family also has one. It's just, well shall I say, a little more regal.:lol: And, it does make her feel a little bit more important, if she can add a little more information about her son's godfather and her 'all knowing' gossip line.

It's not an issue about her hearing about it through the grapevine. I just don't think she should be commenting on it to the media, but that's just me.

Kate Middleton Piece on Good Morning America

Saw a brief segment devoted to Kate Middleton this morning on Good Morning America. At the end of the piece the reporter repeated the old news about how odds of William and Kate marrying have been slashed to 3 to 1. Well he also added that a betmaker told him that their engagement is a virtual CERTAINTY.

The piece also had an entertaining bit about how Kate enjoys provoking William into rip roaring rows. I'm sorry I missed the entire piece. They showed footage of Kate at the polo match where she wore the off the shoulder chiffon-ish dress. We Americans NEVER see live footage of her here, and in fact after the piece aired the hosts of GMA joked about clearing out the set -- because this whole thing is boring, apparently. Whatever, for a major news outlet to even devote time to Kate is an indication to me that those of us who have long believed this girl will some day be addressed as Queen Catherine are not off the rails after all.;)

I Absoultly know theyll marry !! and hope they do!!!!! Ive never heard Kate voice. will it be annouced by Clarence House or Buckingham Palace

I certainly hope they're wrong, and Kate doesn't provoke William into rip-roaring rows!! He doesn't need the stress.
I've been supportive of Kate because Prince William seems to care for her very much, and so far she seems to be very supportive of William.
If she is argumentative, then I can only hope William will be very careful with his decision whether or not to tie his life to hers. I sincerely hope William makes the right decision for him, and the one that will bring HIM the most happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom