Kate Middleton Current Events 12: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Kimetha said:
:)

Is Kate English? Where is she from or raised? I thought someone said she was from Kentucky or something like that. Is she an American? Is there some place I can go to read a little bi-op on her?

Thanks.

I've read somewhere that Kate's mother family is Jewish - does anybody know anything about it?

Jo of Palatine said:
IIRC - Skydragon, haven't you been to such a school yourself? I seem to recall you once even mentioned the name - it was at the lake of Geneva, no?
So maybe you want to step in and tell us first-hand.:flowers:

You spent your time learning valuable lessons, :rolleyes: such as:- preparation for a dinner party, What cutlery/glasses to use, after all, you need to know that your staff have set everything up as required, it is no good afterwards making excuses because nobody had fish knives and forks. Table and seating spacings, (how many people can you seat at a 12ft x 6ft table), preparing seating plans, (you must know who can be sat next to who), entertaining weekend guests, the unwritten rules on what is socially acceptable, how to look interested (even though you are totally bored), how not to react in 'difficult' situations, how to walk, talk, sit and dance. The main lesson being delegation and planning, you must know who is not talking to who. Cooking/Baking, different cuts of meat, how to prepare them. You were also 'taught' how to manage your staff, interview, chastise etc.

You must know all that you are going to ask your staff to do, otherwise how will you know they are doing it right? The art of being the perfect hostess, without lifting a finger, whilst accepting graciously, all the credit!

You were also taught how to be the perfect guest (to your host, not their staff). Many other things but, these are the lessons Catherine will have to learn.

Could I run the Ritz, probably, could I plan and execute the perfect dinner party or weekends entertainment, well apparently, yes! :lol:

Last edited:
I read recently that "Kate" hates being called that and would much prefer the appelation Katherine. I agree Katherine suits her better, if she were a television newswoman than maybe Kate would work. Katherine, Princess of Wales has a nice ring to it.

lord_rankin said:
I read recently that "Kate" hates being called that and would much prefer the appelation Katherine. I agree Katherine suits her better, if she were a television newswoman than maybe Kate would work. Katherine, Princess of Wales has a nice ring to it.

I think it is Catherine spelt with a C. :)

lord_rankin said:

Could you confirm your source¿

Skydragon said:
...Could I run the Ritz, probably, could I plan and execute the perfect dinner party or weekends entertainment, well apparently, yes! :lol:

I now know who to call for special dinner parties and summer lunches. Boy, you've learned quite a lot. I know absolutely zilch about the above. However, two of my sisters are quite marvelous about such proper etiquette. There again, I'm really great having others do the above and being able to present the poise and mannerisms one needs to look and be royal and served!:)

lord_rankin said:
Yes I believe it was from Hello Magazine. And they spell it Katherine not with a "C" I have never seen it spelled Cate? :ermm:

Here is another mention of the name thing:
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1326/1/

That could be because Cate is not the accepted shortening of Catherine in the UK, IMO. It would normally be shortened to Cath or Cathy, not quite so catchy for the media though, is it! :rolleyes:

http://www.biogs.com/snippets/middleton.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/kate-middleton
http://www.katemiddletonfans.com/

There are dozens of sites that confirm that the spelling is Catherine. :)

HRH Kimetha said:
I now know who to call for special dinner parties and summer lunches. Boy, you've learned quite a lot. I know absolutely zilch about the above. However, two of my sisters are quite marvelous about such proper etiquette. There again, I'm really great having others do the above and being able to present the poise and mannerisms one needs to look and be royal and served!:)

:flowers: , I forgot to mention needlecraft, especially embroidery! :lol:

interesting article. the author feels absolutely certain that an announcement will be made and thinks it's better that's it done sooner rather than later. once he's a commissioned officer, around christmas time, things might just become much more interesting?

Guys, I'm new to this thread but I wanted to share what happened to me last Friday afternoon. I was coming out of Peter Jones a famous department store in London's Sloane Square carrying large and heavy shopping bags, someone oppened the door for me and waited smilingly till I got out, when I looked at the young lady thanking her It was Kate, she is gorgeous in real life and so polite and pleasant, I'm so impressed. William what are you waiting for ???;)

tesaweer said:
Guys, I'm new to this thread but I wanted to share what happened to me last Friday afternoon. I was coming out of Peter Jones a famous department store in London's Sloane Square carrying large and heavy shopping bags, someone oppened the door for me and waited smilingly till I got out, when I looked at the young lady thanking her It was Kate, she is gorgeous in real life and so polite and pleasant, I'm so impressed. William what are you waiting for ???;)
Tesaweer,

How interesting!
My burning question is, how tall is she? I've often wondered if she is about 5'9" in height (I don't know the correct measurement in centimetres) or shorter. I know that Prince William is about 6'4" or thereabouts, and I was curious about her height. Also, do you remember what she was wearing? :flowers:

lord_rankin said:

Yes I saw an article by Richard Whittaker who I definitely don't believe all the time but there could be some truth to what he says this time.

Kate may have been fine being known as Kate in the university but if she is indeed serious about William and they are thinking about marriage, then after the marriage, the public is probably going to start calling her Princess Kate which doesn't really sound dignified. If (God forbid) anything happens to William and Harry ascends the throne, it will be very strange and a little undignified seeing people refer to a King Harry but after this many years it will be hard for him to shake off the 'Harry' moniker!

Talking about King Harrys, Henry VIII had two wives named Catherine and I remember reading somewhere that he occasionally called them Kate (when they were on his good side :ermm: ) but he probably didn't want anyone else to call his Queens Kate!

tesaweer said:

wow that's so cool! and how lucky that you had the presence of mind to notice who it was.

ysbel said:
Talking about King Harrys, Henry VIII had two wives named Catherine and I remember reading somewhere that he occasionally called them Kate (when they were on his good side :ermm: ) but he probably didn't want anyone else to call his Queens Kate!

I think there were 3 Catherines: Aragon, Howard and Parr. And 2 Annes. (Not to mention poor Jane Seymour, too.)

Time to close yet another thread, dedicated to Miss Middleton.

Kate Middleton current events thread, Part 13, can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom