Kate Middleton Current Events 12: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely speculative:

Williams life is pretty well mapped out for the next years - without that much place for a wife. If he married Kate now, Kate would be in a worse situation than Fergie was after her wedding. Kate would be princess, but without her husband by her side. The RF learned the hard way how this could turn out and become desastrous. Especially with the future queen!

But maybe William is the man of "one love forever". I know men like that, they exist. Maybe William and Kate have an understanding that both believe they can rely on. Maybe Kate knows she will be William's wife at a more appropriate time.

Then the best thing Kate could do in the present circumstances is doing what she is doing now. Living a private life without too much work (payed by her parents or William or both) and as much privacy as she still can have. Being away from London as much as she can. Spending time at some place no journalist would think of looking for her. Doing nothing which diminishes the risk of doing the wrong thing. Being bland and boring and thus enjoying freedom.

If I was in that position, I'd do it, too.

I did not hear anything new about her since last sept 20th we saw kate and william were out for dinner that last time I saw her and wills.. I wonder Is she laying low mean quiet maybe take a break for while?????

Karla64

Jo of Palatine said:
Completely speculative:

Williams life is pretty well mapped out for the next years - without that much place for a wife. If he married Kate now, Kate would be in a worse situation than Fergie was after her wedding. Kate would be princess, but without her husband by her side. The RF learned the hard way how this could turn out and become desastrous. Especially with the future queen!

But maybe William is the man of "one love forever". I know men like that, they exist. Maybe William and Kate have an understanding that both believe they can rely on. Maybe Kate knows she will be William's wife at a more appropriate time.

Then the best thing Kate could do in the present circumstances is doing what she is doing now. Living a private life without too much work (payed by her parents or William or both) and as much privacy as she still can have. Being away from London as much as she can. Spending time at some place no journalist would think of looking for her. Doing nothing which diminishes the risk of doing the wrong thing. Being bland and boring and thus enjoying freedom.

If I was in that position, I'd do it, too.

very good points jo. i'd agree with all that.

evading the press by hiding in places so photogs won't see her? and paid by her parents or william... :ermm: doing nothing and be boring so she wont get attention?

wouldnt that be a hindrance to self-fulfillment? and where's the learning process there? where's the growth? how can u achieve the maturity by doing nothing and being frightened of making mistakes?

ok, william will marry her in the future sooner or later. maybe about 5 years from now (when william is about 29). so she'll be hiding from photogs for 5 years until they get married but will they get married? what has she achieved from that?

until that time, i dont think that fleeing from London (maybe vacationing somewhere) so she wont take the risk of making a mistake will give achieve her something like self worth.

she'll be risking everything for something that hasnt come up yet. william hasnt proposed yet.

i believe that she should get a life.. grow on her own too. we may never know what can happen to the relationship. she shouldnt risk everything...

"dont count your chickens before they are hatched"

Last edited:
coolgirl said:
evading the press by hiding in places so photogs won't see her? and paid by her parents or william... :ermm: doing nothing and be boring so she wont get attention?

wouldnt that be a hindrance to self-fulfillment? and where's the learning process there? where's the growth? how can u achieve the maturity by doing nothing and being frightened of making mistakes?

ok, william will marry her in the future sooner or later. maybe about 5 years from now (when william is about 29). so she'll be hiding from photogs for 5 years until they get married but will they get married? what has she achieved from that?

until that time, i dont think that fleeing from London (maybe vacationing somewhere) so she wont take the risk of making a mistake will give achieve her something like self worth.

she'll be risking everything for something that hasnt come up yet. william hasnt proposed yet.

i believe that she should get a life.. grow on her own too. we may never know what can happen to the relationship. she shouldnt risk everything...

From the forum, Kate's Laziness:

Originally Posted by Zonk
Yes...we don't want William to marry anybody...the person must have social graces, be able to perform engagements with a pleasant demeanor at all times but until an engagement is announced we have no right to expect anything.

For all we know, she may be with the Queen a lot during the week learning from her and Prince Phillip what goes into being a consort of a Monarch. What better way to learn by observation.:) This is the full-time job that is learned from birth, but a consort doesn't have the advantages of a monarch.

coolgirl said:

Isn't that what everyone does when they put time into any relationship, risk everything, after all, there are no guarantees that once you have the ring on your finger, that there are suddenly no risks. :ohmy:

Everyone seems to be making the presumption that Catherine does no work, has no private tutor, has nobody to talk or turn to except William. She probably has a very full and entertaining schedule, working for her parents or some, unknown to us, venture. Being taught the niceties for the life she may be expected to lead, meeting with and talking to friends both in and out of the royal sphere.

We don't know! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Isn't that what everyone does when they put time into any relationship, risk everything, after all, there are no guarantees that once you have the ring on your finger, that there are suddenly no risks. :ohmy:

Everyone seems to be making the presumption that Catherine does no work, has no private tutor, has nobody to talk or turn to except William. She probably has a very full and entertaining schedule, working for her parents or some, unknown to us, venture. Being taught the niceties for the life she may be expected to lead, meeting with and talking to friends both in and out of the royal sphere.

If she is "the one" there is a huge amount to learn and which the public will expect her to know automatically so it is quite possible she is "in training". I remember seeing a documentary on the Queen which gave a window into what it took to put on just one dinner party for many, many guests. The Queen did the final inspection and in deed you could tell she was inspecting every detail right down to how far away the chairs were placed from the table. She knew every single thing required and checked out her staff's work so that things would be perfect and the palace would be putting it's best foot forward. It's not something even the best brought up commoner would know. But of course Cathrine is gambling her future waiting for him. JMO

I agree. they are both really young and it is certainly not some pre-arranged marriage situation, so they could grow apart in the future or William could just find someone else, if he wishes. Who knows but him. If she is 'in-training', I can imagine it would be rather hard for the girl to go back to being just a plain 'nobody' after being made such a fuss over.

I think William is far too young for it to be decided that Kate (Katherine or whatever) is the one that he would marry with any certainty (just my opinion).

But only time will tell...

I wonder if his mum would approve of this match up?

Last edited:
Lillia said:
I agree. they are both really young and it is certainly not some pre-arranged marriage situation, so they could grow apart in the future or William could just find someone else, if he wishes. Who knows but him. If she is 'in-training', I can imagine it would be rather hard for the girl to go back to being just a plain 'nobody' after being made such a fuss over.

I think William is far too young for it to be decided that Kate (Katherine or whatever) is the one that he would marry with any certainty (just my opinion).

But only time will tell...

I wonder if his mum would approve of this match up?

Not to make comparisons :ermm: because everyone is different. But in regards to the comment "imagining that it would be hard for a girl to go back to just being a plain 'nobody' after being made such a fuss over...I am going to guess that if Kate doesn't marry Wiliam she will be okay. She might even appreciate her quiet life.

Prior to his marriages to Diana and Camilla, Charles dated a lot of women who were the flavor of the week and received a lot of press. And they basically faded back into the woodwork. Other than one or two...you never hear anything from them. Its the same with other royal girlfriends. If the relationship with Kate ends...I am sure we will have a month of "What went wrong articles" and then we won't hear about her again until William marries. And then her picture will be among a series of pictures with the title "The Women who couldn't tame William":ohmy:

coolgirl said:

With all due respect, we don't know that William hasn't proposed, nor do we know that Kate is 'risking everything'. Despite his being who he is, not every woman would automatically agree to marry a future king. Offhand, I can think of two women who allegedy rejected Prince Charles, after Camilla was married and before he met Diana.

Kate seems a bright enough and pleasant enough, pretty young woman. I'm confident that both she and her parents have as much common sense as the rest of us and are fully aware that things could change a great deal, and for a variety of reasons, in the future.

For my own part, I rather like the idea that William has attached himself to one particular woman and is not 'playing the field' as many young men do, and as he certainly could if he wished. It shows a certain constancy in his character, although it's quite possible that he might meet and fall in love with another woman somewhere down the track. This wouldn't be remarkable, either: many people change a lot in their twenties.

I wish them both well.

Polly

I imagine he likes stability since he had so little of that in his childhood. It seems like he's breaking a destructive cycle by being as stable as he can in his relationships.

Zonk said:
Not to make comparisons :ermm: because everyone is different. But in regards to the comment "imagining that it would be hard for a girl to go back to just being a plain 'nobody' after being made such a fuss over...I am going to guess that if Kate doesn't marry Wiliam she will be okay. She might even appreciate her quiet life.

Prior to his marriages to Diana and Camilla, Charles dated a lot of women who were the flavor of the week and received a lot of press. And they basically faded back into the woodwork. Other than one or two...you never hear anything from them. Its the same with other royal girlfriends. If the relationship with Kate ends...I am sure we will have a month of "What went wrong articles" and then we won't hear about her again until William marries. And then her picture will be among a series of pictures with the title "The Women who couldn't tame William":ohmy:

Of all the women Charles dated in the 1970s, I suspect only two had half the amount of the press Kate is getting: Amanda Knatchbull and Lady Diana Spencer. The other romances were so short-lived, even Lady Sarah Spencer was only 6 months. The other comparatively-longer-term suitors like Lady Jane Wellesley was certainly no more than one year.
But I suppose you're right.... even Amanda Knatchbull fell into oblivion rather quickly

Skydragon said:

Yes, I agree, skydragon, and the fact that we don't know a lot about Kate I think really bothers a lot of people. I chalk it up to insatiable curiosity about other human beings because otherwise there seems no sense to the avid attention this young woman is getting. She may or may not be the one but if she is, it looks like she and William will manage; if she's not, then I think both she and William will get over it just fine.

Zonk said:

Yes that's true. Lady Jane Wellesley received considerable press attention when she dated Charles and she dated him for a lot longer than Diana did before the marriage.

The press attention was one of the factors that contributed to the end of the romantic relationship. Even Jane's father had to step in. Of course, Jane and Charles remained good friends afterwards though.

Good thought Ysbel.
I do wonder if that isn't why Kate seems to have retired from the eye of the storm for a bit. Perhaps she's trying to get the press to calm down by playing least in sight for a little while?

hibou said:
If she is "the one" there is a huge amount to learn and which the public will expect her to know automatically so it is quite possible she is "in training". I remember seeing a documentary on the Queen which gave a window into what it took to put on just one dinner party for many, many guests. The Queen did the final inspection and in deed you could tell she was inspecting every detail right down to how far away the chairs were placed from the table. She knew every single thing required and checked out her staff's work so that things would be perfect and the palace would be putting it's best foot forward. It's not something even the best brought up commoner would know.

Except banquet manageresses of top hotels... I guess the ladies responisble for the banquets at The Langham or The Ritz knows exactly how these things are done. But could she "tame William"?:lol:

coolgirl said:
...doing nothing and be boring so she wont get attention?

wouldnt that be a hindrance to self-fulfillment? and where's the learning process there? where's the growth? how can u achieve the maturity by doing nothing and being frightened of making mistakes?....until that time, i dont think that fleeing from London (maybe vacationing somewhere) so she wont take the risk of making a mistake will give achieve her something like self worth....she'll be risking everything for something that hasnt come up yet. william hasnt proposed yet.

I completely agree with that. By growing on her own, Kate brings more into the relationship, i.e., maturity, high self-esteem, good common sense..as opposed to just waiting around for William to start his life/profession in the military.

mw7060a said:
I completely agree with that. By growing on her own, Kate brings more into the relationship, i.e., maturity, high self-esteem, good common sense..as opposed to just waiting around for William to start his life/profession in the military.

Not just that, but the time for her to make mistakes would be now, not later. If she marries William and then starts screwing up, then that could end up hurting her in the long run, and the monarchy. She's walking on a literal tightrope and if she doesn't relax a little then she could end up messing up after their marriage. She's not taking advantage of her chances to relax and let loose, in fact she's putting up a well constructed facade (in my opnion).

TonyaR said:
Good thought Ysbel.
I do wonder if that isn't why Kate seems to have retired from the eye of the storm for a bit. Perhaps she's trying to get the press to calm down by playing least in sight for a little while?

Well Tonya, I don't know if Kate herself is thinking of what Lady Jane and Diana faced, but I definitely think Charles is thinking about the public madness around his own courtship years since he seems very supportive of William's and Kate's desire for a low-key courtship.

I think in keeping with the type of girl that William would date, Kate is just uncomfortable with a lot of the attention. Even during the public storm, she didn't appear in public that often and when she did she was just as likely to ignore the cameras as acknowledge them.

Not everybody has the overwhelming desire to 'let loose', she is probably very relaxed and at home with the relationship she has with William and does not, at this time, feel any need to interact with the media or public. Why should she make her mistakes now, why should she make any at all? Not everyone goes through life making mistake after mistake, big or small, there are some really nice people out there you know, who don't binge drink, act the fool, steal, fight, shout and scream.

There are many young women and men who fall in love with the one person and make a success of their lives together. There are also very many men and women who met their partners at Uni, stayed faithfull while the other one completed their training (military or not) and despite all sorts of trials and tribulations are still just a boring, happily married couple, who are respected by the majority.

We don't know what arrangement she may have with William, we don't know whether they have an understanding or not. She may to some be boring, to others discreet, well mannered and well behaved. They appear to be happy together, so why can't people just accept that?

She could 'let loose' now and still 'mess up' once married, that is certainly not unheard of. Can you imagine the comments if the poor girl became involved in charity work... 'Oh, she's only trying to be like Diana', 'who does she think she is, she's not a princess yet', etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Although I miss glimpses of William and Kate's comings and goings, I'm really glad Kate has decided to lay low. It's driving the Kate haters crazy because they absolutely have no idea what she is up to. They want her to get a life? Well it looks like she is doing exactly that.

Anyway, I think her disappearance from public view is ... well... significant is the wrong word....perhaps...interesting. I suspect something is up. Although William has to graduate then go on to post-grad training/exercises, hopefully we won't have news on them for a while and they both remain out of the public view. I wish Kate and William the very best. This young woman has charmed a prince and knows how to stop tongues wagging as well. Smart girl. I love it.;)

Last edited:
Luv2Cruise said:
Although I miss glimpses of William and Kate's comings and goings, I'm really glad Kate has decided to lay low. It's driving the Kate haters crazy because they absolutely have no idea what she is up to. They want her to get a life? Well it looks like she is doing exactly that.
;)

Maybe she's up at Harewood helping with the decorators?:)

Is William at the end of course and really working hard so we don't heard much about him and his social life?:) :) :) :)

I can see pictures perfectly.
I think Kate looks fine, but I think she was angry too. just look on her face impression :rolleyes:

I liked the second one where she has a twisted smile. Probably she looks angry cause she didn´t like havin her picture taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom