Kate Middleton Current Events 12: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luv2Cruise said:
The piece also had an entertaining bit about how Kate enjoys provoking William into rip roaring rows.

Was there anything resembling facts behind this, did they say, or was it just gossip?

Just wondering who's been talking to the press this time. :rolleyes:

Here's the ABC News/GMA piece on Kate and William. I warn you, it's a little flowery and compares her to William's mother but here it is.

Prince's Girlfriend May Be Next Princess Diana
Book's Author Sees Another 'Commoner' Marriage in Royals' Future

Oct. 6, 2006 — The odds of a British royal wedding seem to be looking better and better as new revelations surface about Prince William's relationship with girlfriend Kate Middleton.

This "commoner" could follow in Princess Di's footsteps as the people's princess, according to a new book, "William's Princess," by Robert Jobson.

People might wonder why anyone would write a book about a 24-year-old woman who won't give interviews and is famous only for dating a prince.

The answer is simple: Middleton may very well one day be Queen Catherine...

full article: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2535282&page=1

Elspeth said:
Was there anything resembling facts behind this, did they say, or was it just gossip?

Just wondering who's been talking to the press this time. :rolleyes:

Shame on you Elspeth, you know it will be a close friend, a royal source, overheard by a royal servant, an un-named sorce or an un-named close royal butler friend. :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Skydragon said:
Shame on you Elspeth, you know it will be a close friend, a royal source, overheard by a royal servant, an un-named sorce or an un-named close royal butler friend. :ROFLMAO: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Isn't it always?

The Royalist (quoting the Sunday Express); October 1, 2006

Kate Prepares To Wait To Be William's Princess

Kate Middleton is reportedly resigned to the fact she may be in for a long wait before she becomes Prince William's Princess.

According to this weekend's Sunday Express, the 24-year-old former student is aware of how stubborn her royal boyfriend can be, with many believing that the more the media and public clamour for a wedding, the more unwilling William is to oblige.

article: http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1269/2/

Laviollette said:
Here's the ABC News/GMA piece on Kate and William. I warn you, it's a little flowery and compares her to William's mother but here it is.

Prince's Girlfriend May Be Next Princess Diana
Book's Author Sees Another 'Commoner' Marriage in Royals' Future

Oct. 6, 2006 — The odds of a British royal wedding seem to be looking better and better as new revelations surface about Prince William's relationship with girlfriend Kate Middleton.

This "commoner" could follow in Princess Di's footsteps as the people's princess, according to a new book, "William's Princess," by Robert Jobson.

People might wonder why anyone would write a book about a 24-year-old woman who won't give interviews and is famous only for dating a prince.

The answer is simple: Middleton may very well one day be Queen Catherine...

full article: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2535282&page=1

I hate to say this, but Diana was not a commoner in the sense Kate is. Diana was a scion of one of the most ancient and English aristocratic families in the country. Furthermore, Diana had mingled in royal circles her entire life. Kate on the other hand is a commoner in the sense that she has no title or aristocratic lineage whatsoever.

If she is argumentative, then I can only hope William will be very careful with his decision whether or not to tie his life to hers. I sincerely hope William makes the right decision for him, and the one that will bring HIM the most happiness.

I agree. In fact, she shouldn't be considered for the position at all if she has this tendency. She should be a support system and put his needs before hers. That is after all what being a Consort is all about. His job is going to be one of immense pressure and stress, it's her job to alleviate that as much as possible.

Kate Middleton is reportedly resigned to the fact she may be in for a long wait before she becomes Prince William's Princess.

Then she should get a life.

Must be a slow-news month or something. Honestly, nature isn't the only thing that abhors a vacuum; journalists can't seem to help themselves either.

Tzu An said:
Then she should get a life.
She has a life. A sweet one. And one for which alot of others would trade in a New York minute.

Luv2Cruise said:
She has a life. A sweet one. And one for which alot of others would trade in a New York minute.

I agree with you Luv2Cruise. I think she's a wonderful young woman. She seems to be strong, well poised and confident. A great role model for women her age. It also doesn't hurt that she's pretty and always well dressed.

niki said:
I agree with you Luv2Cruise. I think she's a wonderful young woman. She seems to be strong, well poised and confident. A great role model for women her age. It also doesn't hurt that she's pretty and always well dressed.
Thank you Niki. And let's not forget confident, well-behaved, and not a tart. :)

From appearances and the fact that William spends alot of time with her, she seems to be above all else a loyal and trusted friend to him. How people harp on what they think is best for this young woman or condemn her for not living up to their ideals of self worth is way beyond my comprehension. If she's good enough for William, who am I to disagree with his choice? I say leave them both alone to enjoy their youth and their wealth while they can. I don't need to see this girl punching a timeclock at Walmart to make her relatable. That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Luv2Cruise said:
Thank you Niki. And let's not forget confident, well-behaved, and not a tart. :)

From appearances and the fact that William spends alot of time with her, she seems to be above all else a loyal and trusted friend to him. How people harp on what they think is best for this young woman or condemn her for not living up to their ideals of self worth is way beyond my comprehension. If she's good enough for William, who am I to disagree with his choice? I say leave them both alone to enjoy their youth and their wealth while they can. I don't need to see this girl punching a timeclock at Walmart to make her relatable. That's ridiculous.

:flowers: :flowers: Such sense from you both. :flowers: :flowers:

Luv2Cruise said:

very well said Luv2Cruise. you're absolutely right.

I'm also tired of some people saying that anyone has to "prove" their worth. First of all, worthiness is every living thing's birthright (humans, animals, plants). You don't earn worthiness. You are born worthy.
You earn respect. You earn admiration. But you are born worthy and (if you are lucky) you are born loved (tragically, there are many people who are born without anyone to love them, even though they deserve it by right!)
Sure, we all have more respect and admiration for hard-working people who work from the bottom up, etc. than we have for the young "aristo-brats" who go to the fanciest schools but then do nothing with their lives except party, snort cocaine, and shop. We look at this stereotypical sort of "aristo-brat" and think, How do they justify their existence? But we forget that it's all internal. Usually, the "aristo-brat" is actually a very worthy, loveable person, but his/her talents and potential have not been tapped and it usually takes "inheritors" longer to mature than "ordinary/average" folk.

Kate is the daughter of two over-achieving people, self-made millionaire business partners. She might have insecurity about that. How does she rate, how does she measure up? She goes to Marlborough College, to St. Andrew's University to study art history (a very "aristo-brat" type of degree) and she leaves to join the Sloaney set in London. We see her shop, go to William's polo matches and the occasional "it" party.
She just needs to find herself. Somewhere under all that exterior crap (the tabloid stories, the "socialite" lifestyle) is a very special human being who well might be hiding a reserve of gem qualities.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I'm also tired of some people saying that anyone has to "prove" their worth. First of all, worthiness is every living thing's birthright (humans, animals, plants). You don't earn worthiness. You are born worthy.
You earn respect. You earn admiration. But you are born worthy and (if you are lucky) you are born loved (tragically, there are many people who are born without anyone to love them, even though they deserve it by right!)
Sure, we all have more respect and admiration for hard-working people who work from the bottom up, etc. than we have for the young "aristo-brats" who go to the fanciest schools but then do nothing with their lives except party, snort cocaine, and shop. We look at this stereotypical sort of "aristo-brat" and think, How do they justify their existence? But we forget that it's all internal. Usually, the "aristo-brat" is actually a very worthy, loveable person, but his/her talents and potential have not been tapped and it usually takes "inheritors" longer to mature than "ordinary/average" folk.

Kate is the daughter of two over-achieving people, self-made millionaire business partners. She might have insecurity about that. How does she rate, how does she measure up? She goes to Marlborough College, to St. Andrew's University to study art history (a very "aristo-brat" type of degree) and she leaves to join the Sloaney set in London. We see her shop, go to William's polo matches and the occasional "it" party.
She just needs to find herself. Somewhere under all that exterior crap (the tabloid stories, the "socialite" lifestyle) is a very special human being who well might be hiding a reserve of gem qualities.
Extremely well-said CasiraghiTrio!!:clap: What you've said makes perfect sense, I only wish I'd thought of it! :lol:
More importantly, I hope lots of people read your post and think it through.;) :flowers:

<clap, clap, clap>....CasiraghiTrio.....you hit the nail on the head. so glad someone was finally able to put it into words that everyone can understand. :)

Oh, thank you very much. It feels nice having my words have such an effect. This is one of my favorite topics, the "dilemma" of inherited wealth and how it stifles development for some, but for others (much fewer) can work to great advantage. I wrote a research paper on it and came to the conclusion that inherited wealth is more often than not a serious roadblock for a person's maturity. Many "inheritors" overcome it eventually, but it takes a lot of work.
They have to learn a lot of things later in life than we "normal" folk learn very early, in childhood. As everyone surely knows, learning anything as an adult is much, much harder than learning as a child, because children have such plasticity than they can learn anything at first exposure. It takes a lot of repetition and practice, and diligence for adults.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Oh, thank you very much. It feels nice having my words have such an effect. This is one of my favorite topics, the "dilemma" of inherited wealth and how it stifles development for some, but for others (much fewer) can work to great advantage. I wrote a research paper on it and came to the conclusion that inherited wealth is more often than not a serious roadblock for a person's maturity. Many "inheritors" overcome it eventually, but it takes a lot of work.
They have to learn a lot of things later in life than we "normal" folk learn very early, in childhood. As everyone surely knows, learning anything as an adult is much, much harder than learning as a child, because children have such plasticity than they can learn anything at first exposure. It takes a lot of repetition and practice, and diligence for adults.
Well, all of us on the RF are fortunate to have the benefit of your research!! :flowers:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Sure, we all have more respect and admiration for hard-working people who work from the bottom up, etc. than we have for the young "aristo-brats" who go to the fanciest schools but then do nothing with their lives except party, snort cocaine, and shop. We look at this stereotypical sort of "aristo-brat" and think, How do they justify their existence? But we forget that it's all internal.

Partying, snorting cocaine, any drug taking and shopping till you drop is not confined to the (as you call them) aristo brats. The difference is that for these youngsters, it is reported on, as if having been born to money makes them lesser beings. I can't say I admire or have more respect for all hardworking people who work from the bottom up, it has to be an overall view of the type of person they are, their honesty, how they treat other people, how many they have trampled on. I have great respect and admiration for anyone who is honest, treats others kindly and with compassion, whatever their background or whether they work or not.

......came to the conclusion that inherited wealth is more often than not a serious roadblock for a person's maturity. Many "inheritors" overcome it eventually, but it takes a lot of work.
They have to learn a lot of things later in life than we "normal" folk learn very early, in childhood.

Many children who are born to inherited wealth learn very many more things than the 'average', 'normal' person, at a very early age. There are greater expectations from them to excel at a variety of things, very few get a carefree childhood.

Real maturity of thought and deed can only come with age and very many 'youngsters' who think themselves mature, are to others, very immature, (that is not a dig at anyone):flowers: .

Last edited:
Skydragon, you are nails. As usual. It's not the wealth or lackthereof, it is the character of the person. I try not to judge people, period, but especially by what they have or don't have, their bank accounts or not.

It is how a person treats others. I have known people who have worked their way up from nothing, and I wouldn't turn my back on them to walk out of a room, they are so cutthroat. And I work in a backbiting, cutthroat industry, so I know ALOT of sharks.

Skydragon's words were not nails. She was just being objective about my post. I appreciate it because a different view/reaction gives more perspective. There are no nails.

i think we all have a good handle on the topic and it's interesting to get input like this from everyone. really interesting discussion. :)

Let's not assume being middle class or less is the norm. Wealthy people don't have an obligation to earn "our" respect. They live in a world that is just as normal to them ours is to us. The idea that Kate needs to find herself assumes she doesn't already know who she is. We have no idea what she does with her time. She may very well be deep into her princess training. If you are born wealthy working for a living is optional. If the royal family have accepted her one can perhaps assume they consider her mature enough to be taken serious as Williams girlfriend.

ysbel said:
Marie-Chantal knows William but I don't know if she's met Kate. From her quote, it looks like she has hasn't talked to Kate directly about the business so its possible that she hasn't met Kate.

Its also very possible that Kate simply thought about going into this type of business and then decided against it. From what I understand, the clothing design and retail market is very competitive and has very low profit margins.

Yes that's true. You can go under in one season if the clothes don't sell. It's very high risk investing. That's why many young designers are lucky if they obtain a benefactor to get them started - someone who can afford to lose the cash but will make millions if the line sells.

grevinnan said:
Let's not assume being middle class or less is the norm. Wealthy people don't have an obligation to earn "our" respect. They live in a world that is just as normal to them ours is to us. The idea that Kate needs to find herself assumes she doesn't already know who she is. We have no idea what she does with her time. She may very well be deep into her princess training. If you are born wealthy working for a living is optional. If the royal family have accepted her one can perhaps assume they consider her mature enough to be taken serious as Williams girlfriend.

That's a very grounded perspective. You have the bottom line. I like that.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Skydragon's words were not nails. She was just being objective about my post. I appreciate it because a different view/reaction gives more perspective. There are no nails.

Thank You. :flowers: I think Luv2cruise meant 'hit the nail on the head', well thats how I read it.:flowers:

I should also have said many people old, middle aged or young can act in an immature way (having been down a giant slide today ....). :lol:

Go Kate. It says they were together four years. I thought maybe three. It's scary though, all this media hype about marriage. It's like they're being forced together or to make a decision quick. I'm confident they are in love, but still, the relationship should flow naturally and they should come to the decision to marry gradually, and with rational mind, not because the media has backed them into a corner.But it might not be the case. William is nothing if not rational.

Skydragon said:
Thank You. :flowers: I think Luv2cruise meant 'hit the nail on the head', well thats how I read it.:flowers:

I should also have said many people old, middle aged or young can act in an immature way (having been down a giant slide today ....). :lol:
You're right again Skydragon. You ARE always nails and "spot on"--I guess more people here will better understand that term.

Skydragon said:
...Many children who are born to inherited wealth learn very many more things than the 'average', 'normal' person, at a very early age. There are greater expectations from them to excel at a variety of things, very few get a carefree childhood.

Real maturity of thought and deed can only come with age and very many 'youngsters' who think themselves mature, are to others, very immature, (that is not a dig at anyone):flowers: .

Very well said and so very true.:)

Maturity is not only age and experience but even more a state of mind. Some people never mature and some are mature at a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom