The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 09-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
So basically she was going to do none of the work, but get all the glory; utterly shameless.
Depends on your definition of "work" I guess. If for you being involved in plannings, adding your own ideas and personality, spending your time dressing up for representation, be a symbol for something, be nice to the people you meet in order to sell your stuff is not "work", then I guess the whole "Firm" of the House of Windsor of Great Britian is just "utterly shameless" as I doubt the queen or prince Charles or his brothers and sister are doing that much more than the work which maybe would have been required of Kate - if we believe this information, that is. One need not be the servant or the employee to be "working" - sometimes being the shingle is much more work than the packing of the sold clothing for expedition or other "work" involved in a mail order business.
__________________

__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #22  
Old 09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 296
That is very sad about her grandmother, to lose one is bad enough but to lose a second in such a short time is awful. At least her parents will have one another to lean on.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 09-24-2006, 07:57 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 2,796
Very sad but such things happen unfortunately
__________________
  #24  
Old 09-24-2006, 08:40 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Depends on your definition of "work" I guess. If for you being involved in plannings, adding your own ideas and personality, spending your time dressing up for representation, be a symbol for something, be nice to the people you meet in order to sell your stuff is not "work", then I guess the whole "Firm" of the House of Windsor of Great Britian is just "utterly shameless" as I doubt the queen or prince Charles or his brothers and sister are doing that much more than the work which maybe would have been required of Kate - if we believe this information, that is. One need not be the servant or the employee to be "working" - sometimes being the shingle is much more work than the packing of the sold clothing for expedition or other "work" involved in a mail order business.
I don't think Kate would seriously considering being a 'shingle' in a clothing business if she's serious about marrying William. I imagine the Royal Family would take a very dim view of her promoting any other 'brand' that could possible conflict with the image she would need as a member of a royal family. Grace Kelly got lucky but then Prince Rainier already saw her image as a Hollywood movie star and liked it; the British Royal Family is a little stricter about their public image.

It would be too chancy for Kate to agree to be a public face for a corporation if she and William are serious.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #25  
Old 10-04-2006, 10:01 AM
politikgirl's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 233
Marie-Chantal really shouldn't be chatting about Kate's future plans, as a royal herself, in my humble opinion.
__________________
  #26  
Old 10-04-2006, 02:37 PM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
First of all, we don't even know if any of this is true. And second, why is Marie-Chantal chatting about Kate in public who isn't even in the royal circle? It just seems odd.
She probably heard it through the grapevine. Afterall, don't we all have one of those. I think the royal family also has one. It's just, well shall I say, a little more regal. And, it does make her feel a little bit more important, if she can add a little more information about her son's godfather and her 'all knowing' gossip line.
__________________
  #27  
Old 10-05-2006, 11:55 AM
politikgirl's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 233
It's not an issue about her hearing about it through the grapevine. I just don't think she should be commenting on it to the media, but that's just me.
__________________
  #28  
Old 10-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Annapolis, United States
Posts: 443
Kate Middleton Piece on Good Morning America

Saw a brief segment devoted to Kate Middleton this morning on Good Morning America. At the end of the piece the reporter repeated the old news about how odds of William and Kate marrying have been slashed to 3 to 1. Well he also added that a betmaker told him that their engagement is a virtual CERTAINTY.

The piece also had an entertaining bit about how Kate enjoys provoking William into rip roaring rows. I'm sorry I missed the entire piece. They showed footage of Kate at the polo match where she wore the off the shoulder chiffon-ish dress. We Americans NEVER see live footage of her here, and in fact after the piece aired the hosts of GMA joked about clearing out the set -- because this whole thing is boring, apparently. Whatever, for a major news outlet to even devote time to Kate is an indication to me that those of us who have long believed this girl will some day be addressed as Queen Catherine are not off the rails after all.
__________________
  #29  
Old 10-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Monterey, United States
Posts: 2,324
I Absoultly know theyll marry !! and hope they do!!!!! Ive never heard Kate voice. will it be annouced by Clarence House or Buckingham Palace
__________________
  #30  
Old 10-06-2006, 11:37 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
I certainly hope they're wrong, and Kate doesn't provoke William into rip-roaring rows!! He doesn't need the stress.
I've been supportive of Kate because Prince William seems to care for her very much, and so far she seems to be very supportive of William.
If she is argumentative, then I can only hope William will be very careful with his decision whether or not to tie his life to hers. I sincerely hope William makes the right decision for him, and the one that will bring HIM the most happiness.
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #31  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
The piece also had an entertaining bit about how Kate enjoys provoking William into rip roaring rows.
Was there anything resembling facts behind this, did they say, or was it just gossip?

Just wondering who's been talking to the press this time.
__________________
  #32  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Here's the ABC News/GMA piece on Kate and William. I warn you, it's a little flowery and compares her to William's mother but here it is.

Prince's Girlfriend May Be Next Princess Diana
Book's Author Sees Another 'Commoner' Marriage in Royals' Future

Oct. 6, 2006 — The odds of a British royal wedding seem to be looking better and better as new revelations surface about Prince William's relationship with girlfriend Kate Middleton.

This "commoner" could follow in Princess Di's footsteps as the people's princess, according to a new book, "William's Princess," by Robert Jobson.

People might wonder why anyone would write a book about a 24-year-old woman who won't give interviews and is famous only for dating a prince.

The answer is simple: Middleton may very well one day be Queen Catherine...

full article: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2535282&page=1
__________________
  #33  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Was there anything resembling facts behind this, did they say, or was it just gossip?

Just wondering who's been talking to the press this time.
Shame on you Elspeth, you know it will be a close friend, a royal source, overheard by a royal servant, an un-named sorce or an un-named close royal butler friend.
__________________
  #34  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:24 PM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Shame on you Elspeth, you know it will be a close friend, a royal source, overheard by a royal servant, an un-named sorce or an un-named close royal butler friend.
Isn't it always?
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #35  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
The Royalist (quoting the Sunday Express); October 1, 2006

Kate Prepares To Wait To Be William's Princess

Kate Middleton is reportedly resigned to the fact she may be in for a long wait before she becomes Prince William's Princess.

According to this weekend's Sunday Express, the 24-year-old former student is aware of how stubborn her royal boyfriend can be, with many believing that the more the media and public clamour for a wedding, the more unwilling William is to oblige.

article: http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1269/2/
__________________
  #36  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Here's the ABC News/GMA piece on Kate and William. I warn you, it's a little flowery and compares her to William's mother but here it is.

Prince's Girlfriend May Be Next Princess Diana
Book's Author Sees Another 'Commoner' Marriage in Royals' Future

Oct. 6, 2006 — The odds of a British royal wedding seem to be looking better and better as new revelations surface about Prince William's relationship with girlfriend Kate Middleton.

This "commoner" could follow in Princess Di's footsteps as the people's princess, according to a new book, "William's Princess," by Robert Jobson.

People might wonder why anyone would write a book about a 24-year-old woman who won't give interviews and is famous only for dating a prince.

The answer is simple: Middleton may very well one day be Queen Catherine...

full article: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2535282&page=1
I hate to say this, but Diana was not a commoner in the sense Kate is. Diana was a scion of one of the most ancient and English aristocratic families in the country. Furthermore, Diana had mingled in royal circles her entire life. Kate on the other hand is a commoner in the sense that she has no title or aristocratic lineage whatsoever.

Quote:
If she is argumentative, then I can only hope William will be very careful with his decision whether or not to tie his life to hers. I sincerely hope William makes the right decision for him, and the one that will bring HIM the most happiness.
I agree. In fact, she shouldn't be considered for the position at all if she has this tendency. She should be a support system and put his needs before hers. That is after all what being a Consort is all about. His job is going to be one of immense pressure and stress, it's her job to alleviate that as much as possible.

Quote:
Kate Middleton is reportedly resigned to the fact she may be in for a long wait before she becomes Prince William's Princess.
Then she should get a life.
__________________
  #37  
Old 10-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Must be a slow-news month or something. Honestly, nature isn't the only thing that abhors a vacuum; journalists can't seem to help themselves either.
__________________
  #38  
Old 10-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Annapolis, United States
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
Then she should get a life.
She has a life. A sweet one. And one for which alot of others would trade in a New York minute.
__________________
  #39  
Old 10-07-2006, 02:42 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
She has a life. A sweet one. And one for which alot of others would trade in a New York minute.
I agree with you Luv2Cruise. I think she's a wonderful young woman. She seems to be strong, well poised and confident. A great role model for women her age. It also doesn't hurt that she's pretty and always well dressed.
__________________
  #40  
Old 10-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Annapolis, United States
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by niki
I agree with you Luv2Cruise. I think she's a wonderful young woman. She seems to be strong, well poised and confident. A great role model for women her age. It also doesn't hurt that she's pretty and always well dressed.
Thank you Niki. And let's not forget confident, well-behaved, and not a tart. :)

From appearances and the fact that William spends alot of time with her, she seems to be above all else a loyal and trusted friend to him. How people harp on what they think is best for this young woman or condemn her for not living up to their ideals of self worth is way beyond my comprehension. If she's good enough for William, who am I to disagree with his choice? I say leave them both alone to enjoy their youth and their wealth while they can. I don't need to see this girl punching a timeclock at Walmart to make her relatable. That's ridiculous.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent 4 and earlier photos: Sept 2006-Sept 2009 Warren British Royals 734 09-25-2009 08:31 AM
Charles and Camilla current events 13: July-September 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 201 09-11-2006 12:00 PM
The Prince of Wales current events 1: March-July 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 137 07-04-2006 03:00 PM
The Duchess of Cornwall current events 1: March-June 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 249 06-15-2006 04:10 AM
Kate Middleton Current Events 5: Feb-March 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 201 03-12-2006 09:46 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]