Kate Middleton Current Events 11: July-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laraib said:
It HAS been like a million degrees in Chicago this week. :wacko: But I thought the heat wave was gone through London or Europe...:ermm:

Oh! I looked at the weather in London and it's cooled off a lot. Lucky.

Well, I think William said he is too young to get married. However, he will be 25 next June, that's his mid twenties and it will be unfair to keep the poor girl waiting too long. The more people speculate the more the Prince will probably put it off. Remember how long Sophie Rhys Jones had to wait? About six years. I hope it works out for them. Everyone seems to want it to.

that wouldn't be unfair if they will be engaged for 5 years. sophie even waited 6 years herself. :wacko:

it doesnt matter greatly when he will marry her (if he will), if she doesnt wait for it. she just have to let it happen. during that time, she could find ways where she could grow as an individual and let him grow as an individual, too. they're young, they havent proven themselves yet. why should they hurry getting married? or worry about getting married?

not all people who's into serious relationships are eager and dying to tie the knot. let's not push them into something, they themselves have declared they arent ready about yet.

PrincessDianafan said:
Well, I think William said he is too young to get married. However, he will be 25 next June, that's his mid twenties and it will be unfair to keep the poor girl waiting too long. The more people speculate the more the Prince will probably put it off. Remember how long Sophie Rhys Jones had to wait? About six years. I hope it works out for them. Everyone seems to want it to.

William has the examples of his step brother and sister about waiting. Laura Parker Bowles and Henry Lopes dated for 9 years before they got married this year. Tom Parker Bowles and his wife Sara started dating when they were at university and married last year, both are in their early 30s. ( so probably dated and lived together for 10 or more years before they married) Statistically people are getting married later in life, for men it's now early 30s women very late 20s. William and whoever will probably reflect that trend. Look at the weddings he's attending, the people getting married are older and in some cases such as Edward van Cutsem ( who he went to South American with) a lot older. Friends his age are still single, he more than any other young man needs to get quite a lot of life experience before he marries. Look at his European contemporaries, they married in their mid 30's except for Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, and even he was 28, and Prince Philippe of Belgium who was 39. All of them attended university, completed various branches of military service, worked for various government agencies, had long term relationships that didn't last until they found "The One". I'd give William at least another 10 years before he marries.

PrincessDianafan said:

It will be unfair if HE marries forced, not from his own wishes...
you guys say all the time "the poor girl", I think its the poor boy
or better, man! Marriage is something really speacial, divine!
we can't play with it! He needs to marry under his own wishes.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006360108,00.html

PRINCE William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton is grieving following the death of her gran. Dorothy Goldsmith, 71, lost her four-month battle with lung cancer.
Kate, 24, who has been dating Wills for nearly five years, had visited her several times over the past few weeks.
A pal last night said: “Kate and her grandmother shared many happy times, especially after Dorothy’s husband Ron died three years ago.”
Dorothy died on July 21 and Kate was brave enough to read a poem at her funeral last week.

Condolences to Kate. :/

Oh that's so sad, My condolences to Kate.

Mine too. It's hard losing someone to cancer.

That is really sad. The grandmother only had four months too? :(

its must be a really hard time for her. I remember losing my grandma to cancer...:-(
I hope that william is there for her to help her through is hard time.
My condolences to her too.

It's so difficult losing a grandparent. I lost my two grandmothers within three weeks which was devastating. I wish them all the best.

JOY! said:
If this is true, I say good for Kate! If it's actually true and not just tabloid junk, then she's showing that she is aware of the fact that public opinion counts, and she wants it known that nothing she does is being supported by public funds or taxes. I applaud her.:flowers:

Also, if the Palace really DOES want her to have a bodyguard, what does that mean for her relationship with William? Apparently, she is very close and possibly important to the BRF?

TonyaR said:
If this is true, I say good for Kate! If it's actually true and not just tabloid junk, then she's showing that she is aware of the fact that public opinion counts, and she wants it known that nothing she does is being supported by public funds or taxes. I applaud her.:flowers:

Also, if the Palace really DOES want her to have a bodyguard, what does that mean for her relationship with William? Apparently, she is very close and possibly important to the BRF?

No offense or anything, but I don't think terrorist really have her on their target list. I don't think declining a body guard really represents a sign of independence. :)

Laraib,

I don't think terrorists have her on their lists either, but she COULD have accepted the offer, and she had enough good :cool: sense not to.... (that's if the story is even true!)

I can't believe this! But someone actually wrote a book about Kate. What could they possibly say for 288 pages? Ick. I wonder if people will actually buy this

TonyaR said:
Regardez,

Wow! I wonder what this means !! Here is the title: William's Princess: The True Story of the Romance That Will Change the Monarchy (Hardcover)
by Robert Jobson
this is the same link that Regardez posted http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1844543153/ref=nosim/104-0365463-9521509?redirect=true&n=283155
I wonder why the BRF is allowing this to be published?

Can the BRF really control what's being published? IMO, I don't think they would want this to be published but it's not like they can stop it.

soCal girl said:
Can the BRF really control what's being published? IMO, I don't think they would want this to be published but it's not like they can stop it.
True, but the vultures are really coming out early! You would think they would wait to see if the relationship actually lasts before writing a book about it!

TonyaR said:
True, but the vultures are really coming out early! You would think they would wait to see if the relationship actually lasts before writing a book about it!

We would think so but apparently not. I was flipping through Royalty Magazine the other day and they say that since Kate was invited to Cheltenham and Laura Parker Bowles's wedding, she's "in." I don't think these magazines realize that both haven't even hit 25 yet. I wouldn't mind William and Kate getting married but I think they still have at least a year more in them for dating. Also, I think it's kind of weird to write a biography of Kate before they're married. If they don't get married, it's going to be kind of weird for William's future wife to have a biography of an ex-girlfriend floating around titled William's Princess. :wacko:

soCal girl said:
We would think so but apparently not. I was flipping through Royalty Magazine the other day and they say that since Kate was invited to Cheltenham and Laura Parker Bowles's wedding, she's "in." I don't think these magazines realize that both haven't even hit 25 yet. I wouldn't mind William and Kate getting married but I think they still have at least a year more in them for dating. Also, I think it's kind of weird to write a biography of Kate before they're married. If they don't get married, it's going to be kind of weird for William's future wife to have a biography of an ex-girlfriend floating around titled William's Princess. :wacko:
soCal girl,

You are too right!
I actually like Kate, but you are sooo correct
If they don't get married, it's going to be kind of weird for William's future wife to have a biography of an ex-girlfriend floating around titled William's Princess
It would put the 'W' in weird! :ROFLMAO:

its really wierd.... besides we still dont know if they will last forever right?

TonyaR said:
Regardez,

Wow! I wonder what this means !! Here is the title: William's Princess: The True Story of the Romance That Will Change the Monarchy (Hardcover)
by Robert Jobson
this is the same link that Regardez posted http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1844543153/ref=nosim/104-0365463-9521509?redirect=true&n=283155
I wonder why the BRF is allowing this to be published?

WHAT???!!!!!:blink: :ohmy: Did I miss something?? A book....about.....Kate.... as in Middleton... as in the girl dating william??? Oh GOD:wacko: Just when you thought everyone was laying low and the couple was being given space BAM there is a book.:bang: Just by the synopsis of the book, it doesn't seem that realiable cause half the stuff has already been denied by the both parties so I wonder where did this guy, who apparently has A LOT of time on his hands got all his information from??? WOW, Kate must be really happy. This REALLY secures her chance of getting hitched with Willaim in my eyes.:bang:

Oh God! That writer must be really weird to write book about something, what still haven't happen. William still isn't king and Kate isn't still his wife. They are not engaged. And in this time I hear more and more rumours about their break and about problems in their relationship. :rolleyes:

I agree - the author really jumped the gun on this "story". They haven't even gone to an event together as a couple. They are usually seen together going out in a group or at events with a lot of other people around. Harry and Chelsy have at least kissed in public!

ap3 said:
I agree - the author really jumped the gun on this "story". They haven't even gone to an event together as a couple. They are usually seen together going out in a group or at events with a lot of other people around. Harry and Chelsy have at least kissed in public!

Perhaps we here in the forum should consolidate our opinions in this forum about Kate and release it as a book! The money that we can maybe make!:)

HRH Kimetha said:
Perhaps we here in the forum should consolidate our opinions in this forum about Kate and release it as a book! The money that we can maybe make!:)
Then we could all receive "Royalties" :ROFLMAO:!

Has this ever been done before?

Has a book about the romance between a royal and his or her (respective) girlfriend or boyfriend been released prior to any official engagement announcements being made? This seems highly unusual to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom