Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Courtier

new photos.. she arrive or depart in airport

http://www.eastnews.com.pl/news/wyni...kate+middleton

Old 08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Courtier

It appears she is spending some time in Scotland with the rest of the Windsor family.

Prince William's Girlfriend To Go On Holiday With Royal Family

Mary K. Brunskill - All Headline News Staff Writer
London, England (AHN) - The girlfriend of Britain's Prince William has returned from a holiday in the Caribbean to join the British royal family at Balmoral castle.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004531254

Old 08-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
It appears she is spending some time in Scotland with the rest of the Windsor family.

Mary K. Brunskill - All Headline News Staff Writer
London, England (AHN) - The girlfriend of Britain's Prince William has returned from a holiday in the Caribbean to join the British royal family at Balmoral castle.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004531254
I don't know about you, but this makes me think that the Queen actually does approve of Kate.

It also makes me think that William might just want to marry Kate, but I don't know enough about royal protocol etc. to say that for sure.

Does the Queen normally holiday at Balmoral with the girlfriends/boyfriends of her grandchildren (I know Peter Phillips' girlfriend went with HM and family on the trip to the outer Hebrides, but supposedly he is going to marry her also)?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Iam kinda confused. What is she joining them for?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

Kate looks so beautiful these days.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Laraib, for a Summer Holyday I guess. :)
Old 08-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
It is a geneology of Kate, and if you read towards the end it shows how she is related to William (12th cousins)
It makes me laugh. Why many people don't want to accept the fact that she is a commoner.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Courtier

I don't think that was the point, it is always intersting to know who these people are related to. They did the same thing for Diana, Sarah and Sophie (although I don't know if it is online). Also I guess that if your family has always lived in GB you are somehow related to each other. She clearly is a commonor, just a few people in her family married up.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Commoner

I think that's not fair to judge people because of their ancestors - good or bad, noble or commoners. We should concentrate on a person, to look at achievements. I think many aristocrats priviledged by birth are just creeps. I'm sorry for Kate Middleton - maybe one day she will be William's wife, but for many (especially British aristocracy, but not only) - she will never be good enough. She don't have this "thing". She is not like Lady Elisabeth Bowes-Lyon or Lady Diana Spencer. She is just plain Kate.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well I don't know about you but my thoughts are out until I see actual pictures of her with the royal family. There has also been reports of Charles building a cottage on his property for William and Kate which looks untrue since she is still living in her apartment on her own. We have no way of knowing if this is true and that she's joined the family in Balmoral. I'll believe it when I see it. And as for those marriage rumors, that's what they are right now, rumors, I don't think William will propose before Christmas. I think he knows he's too young right now. Poor Kate can't even go on a vacation with her family without the press speculating on these things.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Commoner

hmmm..

"Kate had enjoyed a relaxing holiday in the Caribbean following a string of problems.
In late July, Kate, 24, attended the funeral of her 71-year-old grandmotherwith whom she had an extremely close relationship and had repeatedlyvisited during her battle with lung cancer.
She also suffered a major setback towards her dreams of starting amail-order children's clothing company.
The clothing label Viyella withdrew their support from the business venture atthe last minute, and it is possible that Kate's fledgling project will notrecover."

You know, i think i finally see a light at the end of this tunnel. I have been waiting for so long now to get a glimpse of the "dark side" of her life...To me, what appears as having been an absolutely flawless, picture-perfect life she has (or the media has) portrayed for us since 2003, is finally overshadowed by some sense of normality and reality...Not that I would ever wish her any bad luck, but it is nice to know that amidst all the lovey-dovey princess poocheyness, she too faces challenges/ struggles...This is the first time I am starting to accept her as the possible future princess of wales
aye aye to the future queen
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 PM

From the latest news it seems she probably won't be the future Queen. Unless she's a very forgiving future Queen or she's up for an open relationship.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Courtier

I think calling kate "future queen" is to be excited with someting
that may probably not happen, anyway...
good to see people supporting the girlfriends of the wales boys lol
Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
I don't think that was the point, it is always intersting to know who these people are related to. They did the same thing for Diana, Sarah and Sophie (although I don't know if it is online). Also I guess that if your family has always lived in GB you are somehow related to each other. She clearly is a commonor, just a few people in her family married up.
Or married down and than rose up! I mean she is descended from Edward II...that's pretty nice. But of course...apparently a lot of people are.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:51 PM

And for anyone who hasn't a clue what the song, "I've danced with a man who's danced with a girl who's danced with the Prince of Wales" sounds like;

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/itvlondon/t...simpson1978.rm

From TvArk - the theme music to Edward and Mrs Simpson.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:21 PM

if kate marries prince william will she be called 'princess kate' and then go on to become 'queen kate'? doesn't the name sound a bit odd since it seems a shortform for katherine?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:23 PM

She'd be HRH Princess William of Wales and if she became Queen then HM Queen Katherine
Old 08-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjellyfish
if kate marries prince william will she be called 'princess kate' and then go on to become 'queen kate'? doesn't the name sound a bit odd since it seems a shortform for katherine?
Pinkjellyfish,
Kate's name is Catherine Elizabeth Middleton
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Although 'Princess Cathy' would be horrible!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
Although 'Princess Cathy' would be horrible!!!
I like Princess Kate much better.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton