The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 08-05-2006, 05:29 PM
*Eugenie*'s Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Germany
Posts: 71
its must be a really hard time for her. I remember losing my grandma to cancer...:-(
I hope that william is there for her to help her through is hard time.
My condolences to her too.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 08-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 50
It's so difficult losing a grandparent. I lost my two grandmothers within three weeks which was devastating. I wish them all the best.
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 AM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
oh this a sad news , Condolences to Kate .
__________________
  #44  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 57
Royal Girlfriend Kate declines personal bodyguards
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...katemiddleton/

Royal News - Kate Wants To Take Care of Herself
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_f...elf-21598.html
__________________
  #45  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:47 PM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOY!
Royal Girlfriend Kate declines personal bodyguards
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...katemiddleton/

Royal News - Kate Wants To Take Care of Herself
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_f...elf-21598.html
If this is true, I say good for Kate! If it's actually true and not just tabloid junk, then she's showing that she is aware of the fact that public opinion counts, and she wants it known that nothing she does is being supported by public funds or taxes. I applaud her.

Also, if the Palace really DOES want her to have a bodyguard, what does that mean for her relationship with William? Apparently, she is very close and possibly important to the BRF?
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #46  
Old 08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
If this is true, I say good for Kate! If it's actually true and not just tabloid junk, then she's showing that she is aware of the fact that public opinion counts, and she wants it known that nothing she does is being supported by public funds or taxes. I applaud her.

Also, if the Palace really DOES want her to have a bodyguard, what does that mean for her relationship with William? Apparently, she is very close and possibly important to the BRF?
No offense or anything, but I don't think terrorist really have her on their target list. I don't think declining a body guard really represents a sign of independence.
  #47  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:11 PM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Laraib,

I don't think terrorists have her on their lists either, but she COULD have accepted the offer, and she had enough good sense not to.... (that's if the story is even true!)
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #48  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:54 PM
HRHAmy's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Poor Kate, I'm sorry to hear that. I've had two grandparents die of lung cancer and it's very bad , I'm glad she was brave enough to read a poem, I know when I had to sing at my grandmother's funeral it was the worst thing, I almost didn't get through it. My condolences to her.
__________________
HRHAmy
  #49  
Old 08-09-2006, 12:46 AM
regardez's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 318
I can't believe this! But someone actually wrote a book about Kate. What could they possibly say for 288 pages? Ick. I wonder if people will actually buy this
__________________
now that the lilacs are in bloom,
she keeps a bowl of lilacs in her room
  #50  
Old 08-09-2006, 12:55 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Regardez,

Wow! I wonder what this means !! Here is the title: William's Princess: The True Story of the Romance That Will Change the Monarchy (Hardcover)
by Robert Jobson
this is the same link that Regardez posted http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184...=true&n=283155
I wonder why the BRF is allowing this to be published?
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #51  
Old 08-09-2006, 01:05 AM
soCal girl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Irvine, United States
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
Regardez,

Wow! I wonder what this means !! Here is the title: William's Princess: The True Story of the Romance That Will Change the Monarchy (Hardcover)
by Robert Jobson
this is the same link that Regardez posted http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184...=true&n=283155
I wonder why the BRF is allowing this to be published?
Can the BRF really control what's being published? IMO, I don't think they would want this to be published but it's not like they can stop it.
__________________
사랑
  #52  
Old 08-09-2006, 01:12 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Can the BRF really control what's being published? IMO, I don't think they would want this to be published but it's not like they can stop it.
True, but the vultures are really coming out early! You would think they would wait to see if the relationship actually lasts before writing a book about it!
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #53  
Old 08-09-2006, 01:19 AM
soCal girl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Irvine, United States
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
True, but the vultures are really coming out early! You would think they would wait to see if the relationship actually lasts before writing a book about it!
We would think so but apparently not. I was flipping through Royalty Magazine the other day and they say that since Kate was invited to Cheltenham and Laura Parker Bowles's wedding, she's "in." I don't think these magazines realize that both haven't even hit 25 yet. I wouldn't mind William and Kate getting married but I think they still have at least a year more in them for dating. Also, I think it's kind of weird to write a biography of Kate before they're married. If they don't get married, it's going to be kind of weird for William's future wife to have a biography of an ex-girlfriend floating around titled William's Princess.
__________________
사랑
  #54  
Old 08-09-2006, 01:39 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
We would think so but apparently not. I was flipping through Royalty Magazine the other day and they say that since Kate was invited to Cheltenham and Laura Parker Bowles's wedding, she's "in." I don't think these magazines realize that both haven't even hit 25 yet. I wouldn't mind William and Kate getting married but I think they still have at least a year more in them for dating. Also, I think it's kind of weird to write a biography of Kate before they're married. If they don't get married, it's going to be kind of weird for William's future wife to have a biography of an ex-girlfriend floating around titled William's Princess.
soCal girl,

You are too right!
I actually like Kate, but you are sooo correct
Quote:
If they don't get married, it's going to be kind of weird for William's future wife to have a biography of an ex-girlfriend floating around titled William's Princess
It would put the 'W' in weird!
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #55  
Old 08-09-2006, 08:14 AM
royalty_101_'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: metro, Philippines
Posts: 109
its really wierd.... besides we still dont know if they will last forever right?
__________________
  #56  
Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
Regardez,

Wow! I wonder what this means !! Here is the title: William's Princess: The True Story of the Romance That Will Change the Monarchy (Hardcover)
by Robert Jobson
this is the same link that Regardez posted http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184...=true&n=283155
I wonder why the BRF is allowing this to be published?
WHAT???!!!!! Did I miss something?? A book....about.....Kate.... as in Middleton... as in the girl dating william??? Oh GOD Just when you thought everyone was laying low and the couple was being given space BAM there is a book. Just by the synopsis of the book, it doesn't seem that realiable cause half the stuff has already been denied by the both parties so I wonder where did this guy, who apparently has A LOT of time on his hands got all his information from??? WOW, Kate must be really happy. This REALLY secures her chance of getting hitched with Willaim in my eyes.
  #57  
Old 08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 1,332
Oh God! That writer must be really weird to write book about something, what still haven't happen. William still isn't king and Kate isn't still his wife. They are not engaged. And in this time I hear more and more rumours about their break and about problems in their relationship.
__________________
  #58  
Old 08-09-2006, 12:58 PM
ap3's Avatar
ap3 ap3 is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 315
I agree - the author really jumped the gun on this "story". They haven't even gone to an event together as a couple. They are usually seen together going out in a group or at events with a lot of other people around. Harry and Chelsy have at least kissed in public!
__________________
  #59  
Old 08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
I agree - the author really jumped the gun on this "story". They haven't even gone to an event together as a couple. They are usually seen together going out in a group or at events with a lot of other people around. Harry and Chelsy have at least kissed in public!

Perhaps we here in the forum should consolidate our opinions in this forum about Kate and release it as a book! The money that we can maybe make!
__________________
  #60  
Old 08-10-2006, 02:04 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Perhaps we here in the forum should consolidate our opinions in this forum about Kate and release it as a book! The money that we can maybe make!
Then we could all receive "Royalties" !

Has this ever been done before?

Has a book about the romance between a royal and his or her (respective) girlfriend or boyfriend been released prior to any official engagement announcements being made? This seems highly unusual to me.
__________________

__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kate Middleton current events 13: 5th to 28th November 2006 - Avalon Current Events Archive 203 11-27-2006 12:17 PM
Kate Middleton current events 12: September-November 2006 Avalon Current Events Archive 197 11-04-2006 06:54 PM
Kate Middleton current events 10: June-July 2006 ysbel Current Events Archive 215 07-21-2006 12:07 PM
Kate Middleton current events 9: June 14-26 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 182 06-26-2006 01:47 PM
Kate Middleton Current Events 7: April-May 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 202 05-15-2006 03:29 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia spain state visit visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]