The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

Great pictures! Kate looks so weird with her head against the steering wheel!
What on earth is going on? LOL!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Nobility

That's the most candid I've seen her yet. She must be REALLY tired.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy

I've looked like that all week, considering how hot it's been. I can't imagine standing in the sun for hours on end. It's hot enough in the shade!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

lol poor kid even when shes napping the press are hounding her
Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Nobility

Karla you are the best. Thanks for always getting all of the pictures to everyone. You're amazing!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Courtier

This couple of pictures are just hillarious
Kate is pretending to sleep or what?
I think she was pretty tired
Old 08-02-2006, 06:20 AM
Gentry

had i not known that she's there on a match in support for william i would think that she's drunk a bit too early that day.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Nobility

Karla64 thanks for the pictures!
IMO Kate looks totally exhausted. I wonder if she stayed up all night?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
I've looked like that all week, considering how hot it's been. I can't imagine standing in the sun for hours on end. It's hot enough in the shade!
It HAS been like a million degrees in Chicago this week. But I thought the heat wave was gone through London or Europe...
Old 08-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Nobility

Lool

the poor girl, she will never be left alone and shes only the princes girlfriend wonder what our beloved press would do to her if things got serious between the two
Old 08-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
It HAS been like a million degrees in Chicago this week. But I thought the heat wave was gone through London or Europe...
Oh! I looked at the weather in London and it's cooled off a lot. Lucky.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:49 AM
Nobility

Well, I think William said he is too young to get married. However, he will be 25 next June, that's his mid twenties and it will be unfair to keep the poor girl waiting too long. The more people speculate the more the Prince will probably put it off. Remember how long Sophie Rhys Jones had to wait? About six years. I hope it works out for them. Everyone seems to want it to.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Gentry

that wouldn't be unfair if they will be engaged for 5 years. sophie even waited 6 years herself.

it doesnt matter greatly when he will marry her (if he will), if she doesnt wait for it. she just have to let it happen. during that time, she could find ways where she could grow as an individual and let him grow as an individual, too. they're young, they havent proven themselves yet. why should they hurry getting married? or worry about getting married?

not all people who's into serious relationships are eager and dying to tie the knot. let's not push them into something, they themselves have declared they arent ready about yet.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Aristocracy

if she loves him, she will wait!
Old 08-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
Well, I think William said he is too young to get married. However, he will be 25 next June, that's his mid twenties and it will be unfair to keep the poor girl waiting too long. The more people speculate the more the Prince will probably put it off. Remember how long Sophie Rhys Jones had to wait? About six years. I hope it works out for them. Everyone seems to want it to.
William has the examples of his step brother and sister about waiting. Laura Parker Bowles and Henry Lopes dated for 9 years before they got married this year. Tom Parker Bowles and his wife Sara started dating when they were at university and married last year, both are in their early 30s. ( so probably dated and lived together for 10 or more years before they married) Statistically people are getting married later in life, for men it's now early 30s women very late 20s. William and whoever will probably reflect that trend. Look at the weddings he's attending, the people getting married are older and in some cases such as Edward van Cutsem ( who he went to South American with) a lot older. Friends his age are still single, he more than any other young man needs to get quite a lot of life experience before he marries. Look at his European contemporaries, they married in their mid 30's except for Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, and even he was 28, and Prince Philippe of Belgium who was 39. All of them attended university, completed various branches of military service, worked for various government agencies, had long term relationships that didn't last until they found "The One". I'd give William at least another 10 years before he marries.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
It will be unfair if HE marries forced, not from his own wishes...
you guys say all the time "the poor girl", I think its the poor boy
or better, man! Marriage is something really speacial, divine!
we can't play with it! He needs to marry under his own wishes.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006360108,00.html

Quote:
PRINCE William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton is grieving following the death of her gran. Dorothy Goldsmith, 71, lost her four-month battle with lung cancer.
Kate, 24, who has been dating Wills for nearly five years, had visited her several times over the past few weeks.
A pal last night said: “Kate and her grandmother shared many happy times, especially after Dorothy’s husband Ron died three years ago.”
Dorothy died on July 21 and Kate was brave enough to read a poem at her funeral last week.
Condolences to Kate. :/
Old 08-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Oh that's so sad, My condolences to Kate.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Mine too. It's hard losing someone to cancer.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Nobility

That is really sad. The grandmother only had four months too? :(

Tags
kate middleton