Kate Middleton Current Events 10: June-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony R,
I liked your analysis of the situation between Kate and William very much. Your point about Kate being in the position to take a break after recently completing University is very insightful. I also agree with you about all the benefits the relationship appears to have for both Kate and William. I believe that things look very good for these two and I am truly looking forward to seeing what happens in the the future.

Thanks again for your very thoughtful commments.

TonyaR said:
I also think she should be entitled to take a break after completing University. She is obviously in a financial position (via her parents) to take a break from regular employment if she so chooses. Since she is not a royal, she should not have to 'justify' her existence by doing good/charitable works or being gainfully employed as soon as she graduates.

Yes, everything you said is very wise, but this in particular I agree with. I never feel she has to "justify" anything. Not at all. I only think that the more she does to prepare herself for being William's wife will only help her. I don't think she should do public works for justifying herself, but at the same time, I think doing a little here, a little there would go a long way to getting her feet wet. But as you said, it's also true that she has many things at her disposal, closer access to the royal family and all that this implies than most people, and with that access comes more knowledge than we can acquire coming into the Royal Forums or reading some historial biography. ;) I am sure whatever she is doing is fine, or more than fine, however, as you pointed out.

And Heidi P also made a good point, though I didn't know how to quote you simaltaneously: Plans change according to the current tide. I hope this plan won't change though! I love Kate and William together. I hope she is his Camilla, in his life forever, but as his wife forever, of course.... I didn't mean I hope she will be his mistress while he is married to someone else. Lord no. :eek: I want the "happy ending" part only (as far as "happy endings" go, anyhow!:p

CasiraghiTrio said:
I don't think she should do public works for justifying herself, but at the same time, I think doing a little here, a little there would go a long way to getting her feet wet.
CasiraghiTrio said:
I couldn't have said it better.

But as you said, it's also true that she has many things at her disposal, closer access to the royal family and all that this implies than most people, and with that access comes more knowledge than we can acquire coming into the Royal Forums or reading some historial biography. ;)

This, in and of itself, is tranforming for Kate. How can you go from average college student to having access to the BRF? I want to argue that it is this knowledge/experience alone that can be transformative.

Casiraghi Trio I think that this particular sentence -- "with that access comes more knowledge than we can acquire coming into Royal Forums or reading some historical biography" -- speaks volumes about the difference between acutally interacting with royals and what we do here.

And Heidi P also made a good point, though I didn't know how to quote you simaltaneously: Plans change according to the current tide. I hope this plan won't change though!

You summarized my point well!

Heidi P. said:
This, in and of itself, is tranforming for Kate. How can you go from average college student to having access to the BRF? I want to argue that it is this knowledge/experience alone that can be transformative.
Yes, I suppose the reality of capturing the heart of Prince William might be considered among one of the great feats of the modern age!;)

Casiraghi Trio I think that this particular sentence -- "with that access comes more knowledge than we can acquire coming into Royal Forums or reading some historical biography" -- speaks volumes about the difference between acutally interacting with royals and what we do here.

YES! :) As "real" and "normal" as they or the press (I cannot decide which; perhaps a combination of both for their own, separate self-interested reasons?) would have us believe they are, just think about the distance they will put between "us and them" when they need to, the walls that go up and the press secretaries who come out to give us their "it is not our policy to comment on the private life of HRH". It makes me feel rather like a "royal arse" (pun intended) for coming here to comment on these Kate and William theories, when the truth or the reality is so impossible to know unless the involved parties decide to let it be known. But that also brings up another interesting aspect of our speculations. :) William is calling the shots, isn't he? Not kate! If Kate, for example, were to come out and comment on these things, William would drop her like a bowl of scalding soup! But, however, if William wants to let us know about something involving Kate, that's all fair and good. WHEW! Being connected to those Windsors is kind of a bittersweet deal, isn't it?
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I really think we've done this business of "she should get a job," "no she shouldn't" pretty much to death. People are going to agree to disagree, and after having done so, is there any more to be said?

Being connected to any famous family, let along the Windsor household is a tremendous burden as history has shown us in the past. I wish Kate or any girl who ties herself to William all the luck in the world.

Elspeth said:
I really think we've done this business of "she should get a job," "no she shouldn't" pretty much to death. People are going to agree to disagree, and after having done so, is there any more to be said?

I suppose you have a point, Elspeth.;) We have tied up quite a few pages with this circular speculation. I believe we're also on the cuff of that Magic 10 that seems to be the sacred rule around TRF for starting new events threads. I guess the fact that people tend to burn through Kate threads faster than nobody's business pretty much speaks volumes by itself. I am guilty. I know it.:eek:

Elspeth said:

Elspeth,
Well said. The fact is that we can only see the world through our own eyes, we can try to understand what others see, but that doesn't always work out the way it should and it tends to make for a great deal of re-hashing. :)

Also, I think Casiraghi Trio asks a very good question. Why are we burning through the Kate Middleton threads? :)

Further, it is interesting to speculate what would happen if Kate spoke to the press, friends, or publically about her relationship with William.

Last edited:
Heidi P. said:
Elspeth,
Well said. The fact is that we can only see the world through our own eyes, we can try to understand what others see, but that doesn't always work out the way it should and it tends to make for a great deal of re-hashing. :)
Also, I think Casiraghi Trio asks a very good question. Why are we burning trough the Kate Middleton threads? :)
Further, it is interesting to speculate what would happen if Kate spoke to the press, friends, or publically about her relationship with William.
No one has a more natural or a stronger sucking-in power than the two sons of She Who Was Master of it, dare I speak her name? Diana, Princess of Wales, indeed. So their girlfriends will never be anything less than the most addictive soap-opera-stars around. Forget One Life to Live ok? Kate and William is the best story in town!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate is just too cool for words. She looks like such a sweet person. I like how she has bad days as well as good. Remember those pics of pre-royal Diana, always looking so happy and peppy and stuff? What is cooler to me about Kate than the pre-royal Diana is that Kate always looks real. Sometimes she looks downright pissed off. I was just looking at more pics of her at Rex and I found some I never noticed before. I'll post them soon just in case others never saw them either.
There's one pic at rex from June 21, 2005 showing a present she wrapped for Prince William and put in the back of her car. The wrapping paper is so darn ugly, it's funny. Did anyone see that before?

If you're going to start posting old photos, I'll go and start a Kate Middleton Photo thread so you have somewhere to put them.

We've split out some of the posts from here into a separate thread for a discussion about the public expectations of Kate as William's girlfriend. Discussions about how she should be spending her time should take place there. This thread is for discussions about how she IS spending her time. Further posts on the subject of "she should/should not get a job" "she's just out for attention" "she's a waste of taxpayer money" etc etc in this thread will be deleted or moved.

Elspeth

British royals moderator.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the pics they are lovely and fun. The both are amaizing in that fine costume... is just semes be very cold and wine in the party.

I read in I think it was House Keeping Magazine that Princess Beatrice is having a 18th/Coming out party that the Queen is throwing for her. I wonder if Kate will be invited?

^ I heard a Royal 'expert' say neither William or Harry would be at the party so I assume Kate will not be.

Thanks for the pictures Karla!

Are Kate and Chelsy friends? They don't seem very friendly in those pictures. Of course you can't really tell from pictures.

In one of the pictures you can see an evil eye from Kate to Chelsy.
:p

pictures tell a thousand words..

I am sure they are friends but I doubt they are "Good" friends. I read in an article a month ago that Kate tried to give Chelsy some fashion advice and Chelsy was offended ever since and politely refused. Of course Kate was offended too.

Maybe thats why they don't seem too, "happy "with each other?

gj123 said:

I am sure they are friends but I doubt they are "Good" friends. I read in an article a month ago that Kate tried to give Chelsy some fashion advice and Chelsy was offended ever since and politely refused. Of course Kate was offended too.

Yes, I remember that article, it came to my mind immediately when I saw the pic.

Prince Harry is hilarious. Check out picture number 71454449 at getty images.

gj123 said:

its so funny b/c I read an article that said that they had become close and that Kate had taken Chelsy under her wing and even let her stay at her apartment when she's in London. But its all gossip of course; there's no way for us to know.

I think its nice to see Kate and Chelsy hanging out with Zara. And even nicer to see pics of William, Kate, Harry and Chelsy together....thats rare.

gj123 said:

I thought Kate was quoted in Hello! Magazine when she was at the opening of her friends store that she "Doesn't fuss with fashion", so if she said that then why would she be giving Chelsy fashion advice? Don't get me wrong, I perfer the way Kate dresses over Chelsy, to me it seems she is a little more sophisticated with her look but today I thought Chelsy looked nice. I don't know, I think if there's two "girlfreinds of the princes" and they are both getting alot of attention, then ego's are bound to get in the way. It seems like they should be uniting for a common bond instead of being mad with each other. Just my opinion though.

Theres a thousand possibilities that could've led to those events, if they were true.

I bet the tabloids love confusing the heck out of us.

I hope one day we'll find out the truth about all the rumors and what not.

But you have to admit, that one picture does look awfully suspicious. If they were such good friends, why were they standing so far apart?

Frankly, I think it would not only be nice but better for them in the long run to "unite" as HRHarmy said. It makes them look better and they're going to see each other all the time anyways.

If they really were fighting or in a disagreement with each other, it is probably a big one because why would two people fight when it could jeopardize their relationship with the paparrazi, the media, and their boyfriends? Because the princes seem to hang out with each other quite often, and the girlfriends are bound to join them and if they were fighting, it would make everyone uncomfortable.

I wish they answered some questions once in a while then they paparazzi are yelling at them.

gj123 said:
Prince Harry is hilarious. Check out picture number 71454449 at getty images.

He has got a great sense of humor, there are a few pictures I have seen with him pulling faces or grinning cheekily. I remember his mother used to find silly things funny

I agree from these few pictures it looks like Kate and Chelsy barely tolerate each other. I also get the feeling Kate may not be Zara's favorite. Zara and Chelsy seem to be free spirits and a little more relaxed in front of or despite clicking cameras generally speaking. Too relaxed. Kate on the other hand is a bit more reserved. She and William are perfect for each other in that respect. However I prefer Kate's image and how she conducts herself publicly. None of the three of them can ever be accused of being slaves to fashion, but I always find what Zara wears to be absolutely HIDEOUS and Chesy not much better. Chelsy always manages to look trashy to the point I think she does it on purpose. All of them need stylists (in Kate's case a different stylist) because they are not being served well. Kate here looks like a walking JC Penny ad. Uggh so provincial.

Last edited:
i think kate and zara look fine however as i mentioned in chelsy's thread history is repeating itself. they've taken a photo of chelsy, back lit, and she's not wearing a petticoat under her skirt. where have we seen THIS before????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom