Kate Middleton Current Events 10: June-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidi P. said:
I agree with you! I've made this point several times, because it makes the most sense. Prince William is very clever about public affairs.

It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I really believe William has figured out everything on his own, too. I don't think anyone taught him his cleverness because it seems too instinctual. It seems like he acquired this from years and years of studying the effect of media relations on his whole life, if you know what I mean. He uses this to guide all his decisions regarding Kate, I feel. I think he gradually allowed us "in" on his Kate secret because he made a decision within himself that this girl is the one. While he probably won't marry her this year or even next, it certainly seems to be in his longterm plan.

princess olga said:
But it might confirm what some of us are speculating..that a behind-the-scenes would bore us to tears! Oh well. At least Kate's dress sense is pretty good, in my opinion. Like the latest 'polo' dress for example, that one with the flowers. Very feminine yet down to earth somehow, nice and summer-y. Thumbs up!

LOL! I think Kate's dress is a winner. She looks so feminine and exudes summer flowers and sunshine!

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I really believe William has figured out everything on his own, too. I don't think anyone taught him his cleverness because it seems too instinctual. It seems like he acquired this from years and years of studying the effect of media relations on his whole life, if you know what I mean. He uses this to guide all his decisions regarding Kate, I feel. I think he gradually allowed us "in" on his Kate secret because he made a decision within himself that this girl is the one. While he probably won't marry her this year or even next, it certainly seems to be in his longterm plan.

Excellent analysis of William's sophistication regarding the ways of the media and public. He had the best Case Study from which to observe and learn, his own mother! Diana was actively engaged with the media from the day she first appeared with Prince Charles until the moment of her death! William is no idiot and these lessons were not lost on him. I believe William applied his "skills" in introducing Kate to the press and I don't think he would have done so, considering the dangers or the highs and lows of being in the public eye, if she wasn't "the one." Clearly Kate factors into Williams' long-term plans, whether or not all his plans will come to fruition are another question. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Last edited:
Heidi P. said:
Excellent analysis of William's sophistication regarding the ways of the media and public. He had the best Case Study from which to observe and learn, his own mother! Diana was actively engaged with the media from the day she first appeared with Prince Charles until the moment of her death! William is no idiot and these lessons were not lost on him. I believe William applied his "skills" in introducing Kate to the press and I don't think he would have done so, considering the dangers or the highs and lows of being in the public eye, if she wasn't "the one." Clearly Kate factors into Williams' long-term plans, whether or not all his plans will come to fruition are another question. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Yeah, I love watching William. He's such a cool guy. Even through the times in his life when I've been iffy about his choices, there's always been something very studied about him, and in retrospect, I always respect his choices (and usually agree with him too, definitely more often than not!) As much as I love the Casiraghis, none of the "royals" seem to balance everything as beautifully as William does. He just seems to have it all figured out.

I agree about their way with dealing with the media. Just look at these pictures from isifa. It is clear they don't mean for the media to know too much about their relationship. Most of the pictures we've seen of them showing affection have been from long lensed cameras.

Attachments

• is_12391203.jpg
    is_12391203.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 336
  • is_12391202.jpg
    is_12391202.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 279
  • is_12391205.jpg
    is_12391205.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 447
  • is_12391204.jpg
    is_12391204.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 336
Thanks for post this photos. ISITÄ always have nice pics, but now we need register for see them larger... so thanks a lot again.

Thank you for beautiful pictures regardez! I reallz love them, because thez are showing how is Wills and Kate beautiful pair.

Oh my God, the third pic!! The way he's touching her arm and looking down at her! That tells a thousand tales! You can see the sweetness. It's not a kiss, but it's BETTER!! That one simple gesture, combined with his face, reveals so much. It's real love, the real thing, as sweet as it gets.:)

CasiraghiTrio said:
Oh my God, the third pic!! The way he's touching her arm and looking down at her! That tells a thousand tales! You can see the sweetness. It's not a kiss, but it's BETTER!! That one simple gesture, combined with his face, reveals so much. It's real love, the real thing, as sweet as it gets.:)

are we talking about the pics above? i don't see one where he's touching her arm and looking down at her!?:confused:

Duchess said:
are we talking about the pics above? i don't see one where he's touching her arm and looking down at her!?:confused:

Look very hard at this one: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=253444&d=1152087283 (source: isifa)

You can see his left hand touching her arm and he is leaning and looking toward her. It's very subtle. I suppose it's possible I'm seeing things because I want to see this between them, but I doubt it. He has a very tender look on his face, detectable even from this long range and with the blurriness. In my opinion, this very subtle gesture and look spells the tenderest love. :) He's just like his father in this way, falling in love so hard at such a young age. Charles was not far from William's age when his heart was lost to Camilla.
I just hope Katie doesn't run out and marry some other guy and botch it up the way Camilla did! :eek: I doubt she will, though. I'm sure they are communicating about it because they don't want to repeat the mistakes of *others* in the past.

I don't wanna start any bad discussion here but, that pictures look like "photoshoped" pictures :confused: they are very strange

Paula** said:
I don't wanna start any bad discussion here but, that pictures look like "photoshoped" pictures :confused: they are very strange

Do you mean the textures? Do you think it might be just the heavy glare on the lens and the long distance (blurriness)?

I *think* he's touching her in 3, but she's certainly touching him tenderly in 1 and 2. I think we've intruded into a private moment, and I feel a bit guilty. Just a bit, mind you.

Roslyn said:
I *think* he's touching her in 3, but she's certainly touching him tenderly in 1 and 2. I think we've intruded into a private moment, and I feel a bit guilty. Just a bit, mind you.

They appear to be sharing a very intimate, tender, comfortable moment together. They are definately connected emotionally and physically.
I really like the photos!

Duchess said:

i'm so glad you said that, Duchess, because when i first saw the pic #3, i didnt saw it the way CasiraghiTrio did. i thought my eyes blurred. but no, i too dont see any hand on the arm. :D

CasiraghiTrio said:
Do you mean the textures? Do you think it might be just the heavy glare on the lens and the long distance (blurriness)?

It could be just the heavy glare but... wherever =/

Paula** said:

I am sorry. The pictures are not photoshopped. They were taken with a long-lense camera from a far distance. That is the reason they are very blurry (imagine zooming in from very far away). My point was just that they wouldn't act like that if they had known the camera was on them.

regardez said:
I am sorry. The pictures are not photoshopped. They were taken with a long-lense camera from a far distance. That is the reason they are very blurry (imagine zooming in from very far away). My point was just that they wouldn't act like that if they had known the camera was on them.
ok.
now i wonder why wouldn't they act like that if they had know tehe camera was on them, they are boyfriend and girlfriend, there's nothing wrong with showing affection

Paula** said:
ok.
now i wonder why wouldn't they act like that if they had know tehe camera was on them, they are boyfriend and girlfriend, there's nothing wrong with showing affection

Paula, you are absolutely right and I could not agree more: there is nothing wrong with a couple showing affection towards each other, no matter who they are or "what" they are or anything. But I think William is so wearied of having every detail of his past, present, and yes, his future discussed in the media, that he appreciates having some things known only to himself and his most special lady. So when he knows there are paparazzi sneaking about, he puts up some sort of guard and acts with reserve. His kisses are only for Kate, not for the world to see. :)

CasiraghiTrio said:
Paula, you are absolutely right and I could not agree more: there is nothing wrong with a couple showing affection towards each other, no matter who they are or "what" they are or anything. But I think William is so wearied of having every detail of his past, present, and yes, his future discussed in the media, that he appreciates having some things known only to himself and his most special lady. So when he knows there are paparazzi sneaking about, he puts up some sort of guard and acts with reserve. His kisses are only for Kate, not for the world to see. :)

I agree with you. Personally, I think that there is another reason why William keeps his distance in public: behaving differently, more passionately he would invite the media to really "marry him off", much more than they do at the moment. At the moment most editors are content to wait and to just follow the relationship of William and Kate. There is a development there, it's slow, very slow but it's there and so they have to write a bit and everybody is content with the Status Quo. That can change over night with just one pic, I guess. A pic which really shows more than what we get to see normally. Then the media will start hunting the couple till they get engaged or split off.

I believe the famous words of William's aunt to William's mother: "You can't back out, your face is already on the tea towels" has the potential to haunt a young man like William. He seems to be very protective and nice, so surely he wouldn't want Kate to feel that way ever. IMHO he wants for her to have a chance to back out of the relationship whenever she wants if she feels like she is not up to it. And to back out without having lost her face or her reputation.

I remember how other princes used to protect their chosen one - Felipe of Spain or frederick of Denmark had no problem with the media when they were involved with actresses or models who could take advantage of their exposure to the public eye. But they behaved completely different when it came to Leticia Ortiz and Mary Donaldson - the public only realized how very serious these relationships were when the engagements were announced, when the ladies in question had actually decided that they didn't want to back out of it. The same with Charles and Diana, if the books are to be believed: Charles offered for Diana and she accepted, but it took them some time till the engagement was announced officially. Diana had her chance to back out - she didn't take it, even though she had doubts. If Kate has any doubts she will have her chance to say good-bye to the prince without loosing the place in society she is about to take at the moment.

IMHO the BRF is very careful at the moment in their efforts to launch Kate in society and to give her a chance to find her own place in it in case she wants to get out of her relationship with William. Don't forget what a good friend Charles was to his former girlfriends after they split - in this case William is well adviced to follow his father's very gentlemanly approach to former girlfriends. (As you see I don't subscribe to the idea that Charles kept lots and lots of former girlfriends as his mistresses after they married someone else. :D

As for William and Kate: I like the way they interact and keep their relationship as private as they can. I wish them luck.

Even if they don't want to see them kissing I think they don't show at all to be in love!!!Just because they are together in the same Polo Game!!!Lets wait and see if this turns out to be a very beuatiful love story!Neverthenless I think she is getting mucht more publicity and attention than him with all this story!She is such a beatiful women.

biboquinhas said:
Even if they don't want to see them kissing I think they don't show at all to be in love!!!Just because they are together in the same Polo Game!!!Lets wait and see if this turns out to be a very beuatiful love story!Neverthenless I think she is getting mucht more publicity and attention than him with all this story!She is such a beatiful women.

Just because you don't see them kissing in public it doesnt mean they are NOT in love. With couples who are definitely in the public arena so much..I think those who tend not to demonstrate their feelings in public...do so because not everything needs to be public. You have to keep something private and personal to yourself. Of course..that doesn't apply to everyone (TomKat) but this is just my opinion :)

Jo of Palatine said:
"I agree with you. Personally, I think that there is another reason why William keeps his distance in public: behaving differently, more passionately he would invite the media to really "marry him off", much more than they do at the moment.
Jo of Palatine said:
"

Many points in your analysis are very insightful, in my opinion. I agree with the point that William is smart and knows the press will "marry him off" the minute they read a deeper attachment into any photo they take.

"I believe the famous words of William's aunt to William's mother: "You can't back out, your face is already on the tea towels" has the potential to haunt a young man like William. He seems to be very protective and nice, so surely he wouldn't want Kate to feel that way ever. IMHO he wants for her to have a chance to back out of the relationship whenever she wants if she feels like she is not up to it. And to back out without having lost her face or her reputation. "

I think that William is a true gentleman. I really want to believe that he is creating space for her to back-out of a relationship with him and save-face/reputation and carry-on with her life post-William, if that should happen.

"the public only realized how very serious these relationships were when the engagements were announced, when the ladies in question had actually decided that they didn't want to back out of it. The same with Charles and Diana, if the books are to be believed: Charles offered for Diana and she accepted, but it took them some time till the engagement was announced officially. Diana had her chance to back out - she didn't take it, even though she had doubts. "

I also think that this is a good point, about Diana having her doubts but deciding not to back-out even though she had the space to do so.

"If Kate has any doubts she will have her chance to say good-bye to the prince without loosing the place in society she is about to take at the moment. "

I think Kate has been lauched into "society" by her close association with Prince William, and hopefully, she can maintain her new-found status in "society" even if her relationship with William ends.

"IMHO the BRF is very careful at the moment in their efforts to launch Kate in society and to give her a chance to find her own place in it in case she wants to get out of her relationship with William. "

I think the BRF likes Kate very much, but in general must be conscious of how much being linked with them changes an average person's life. The BRF can launch one into "society," but whether or not that person has staying power is really unknown in these early days. I really hope everything works out for Kate no matter what her future holds.

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
Just because you don't see them kissing in public it doesnt mean they are NOT in love. With couples who are definitely in the public arena so much..I think those who tend not to demonstrate their feelings in public...do so because not everything needs to be public. You have to keep something private and personal to yourself. Of course..that doesn't apply to everyone (TomKat) but this is just my opinion :)

i agree. plus, a picture of them kissing was taken once while the whole royal family and Kate were on the Ski trip.

I think they probably don't want to be affectionate in public because they've already given the public so much. Everyone from what they wear, what their majors were, their lifestyles, and where they are all the time is common knownledge! So by keeping their personal lives out of the public's eyes, its more special to them and something only them two know.

Heidi P. said:
I also think that this is a good point, about Diana having her doubts but deciding not to back-out even though she had the space to do so.

Diana was 19 and Kate is 24. BIG difference. If Diana had known what Kate knows maybe things would have turned out differently.:rolleyes:

Heidi P. said:
I think Kate has been lauched into "society" by her close association with Prince William, and hopefully, she can maintain her new-found status in "society" even if her relationship with William ends.

I don't think Kate has been "launched" in any society. She has been introduced and shown different types of society, but I don't think any royal member is pushing this women to make public appearances on red carpet with her sister. She is choosing all that. William did the best he could, now its her turn to take some responsiblity. (get a job?? wink wink...)

Laraib said:
Diana was 19 and Kate is 24. BIG difference. If Diana had known what Kate knows maybe things would have turned out differently.:rolleyes:

I don't think Kate has been "launched" in any society. She has been introduced and shown different types of society, but I don't think any royal member is pushing this women to make public appearances on red carpet with her sister. She is choosing all that. William did the best he could, now its her turn to take some responsiblity. (get a job?? wink wink...)

All of you make such great points. But I have to question the "get a job" comment. This bothers me a little bit because it seems to me that if Kate is truly William's future wife, she needs to be preparing herself for that. Her "job" should be doing research and learning how to be a princess, I mean how to be a public persona, because if she marries William (as many of us agree she must in a few years, judging from her and William's signals) she will have to be his wife (hopefully, because divorce is such a sad story and we don't want things to go that route) for her whole life. She should put her focus there, in my opinion, if that is the plan as some of us suspect it is.

Heidi P said:

She has not been 'launched' into society at all. If she splits with William, I would imagine she will go back to being a middle class girl from a middle class background. Her 'at the moment' celebrity status comes only because she is dating William. :)

Can we not get into the "Kate needs a job" discussion please?

For all we know..she helps her parents out a couple of hours a day? We don't know what she does with all of her time. Just because you see snapshots of her shopping (more like walking down the street) and a polo match doesn't mean she does that 24/7...I mean she has to sleep :)

CasiraghiTrio said:
All of you make such great points. But I have to question the "get a job" comment. This bothers me a little bit because it seems to me that if Kate is truly William's future wife, she needs to be preparing herself for that. Her "job" should be doing research and learning how to be a princess, I mean how to be a public persona, because if she marries William (as many of us agree she must in a few years, judging from her and William's signals) she will have to be his wife (hopefully, because divorce is such a sad story and we don't want things to go that route) for her whole life. She should put her focus there, in my opinion, if that is the plan as some of us suspect it is.

I always enjoy reading your comments. I think your comments are wise and reasonable. I also question the "get a job" comment. Kate, in more ways then we realize, already has a job. She is being introduced to a new lifesyle, learning, developing and growing in preparation for what could be one of the most challenging, high profile jobs around. As you say, and I agree, there are many levels of her prospective job she must master in these early days, the public persona aspect and private aspect which is essentially the quality of her relationship with William. The signals say that they are in a serious relationship and are trying to work out a plan for the future. As we know in life, not all things go as we plan. Nonetheless, Kate needs to be prepared for what might happen.

Heidi P. said:
I always enjoy reading your comments. I think your comments are wise and reasonable. I also question the "get a job" comment. Kate, in more ways then we realize, already has a job. She is being introduced to a new lifesyle, learning, developing and growing in preparation for what could be one of the most challenging, high profile jobs around. As you say, and I agree, there are many levels of her prospective job she must master in these early days, the public persona aspect and private aspect which is essentially the quality of her relationship with William. The signals say that they are in a serious relationship and are trying to work out a plan for the future. As we know in life, not all things go as we plan. Nonetheless, Kate needs to be prepared for what might happen.

Heidi and CasiraghiTrio,

I agree with both of your comments about the signals between Kate and P. Williams indicating a serious relationship that could very well lead to marriage. I also agree that she will indeed need to master the public persona aspect of being with the Second in Line to the throne in order to be a true asset to PW.
However I don't agree that she needs to actually do any research on becoming his wife. If she is indeed his final choice, she will have more information on proper protocol and acceptable behavior provided to her "at her fingertips" from the Palace than an entire encyclopedia.

I also think she should be entitled to take a break after completing University. She is obviously in a financial position (via her parents) to take a break from regular employment if she so chooses. Since she is not a royal, she should not have to 'justify' her existence by doing good/charitable works or being gainfully employed as soon as she graduates.

She is obviously good for William, all of the pictures of him show an extremely happy young man who seems to be very natural and relaxed in her company.

Since they have already lived together, they probably have a very close, emotionally intimate relationship that was able to develop and blossom away from the public eye. He probably has no need to touch or kiss her in public since he (I assume) can be as affectionate as he chooses when they are alone or with family and trustworthy friends.

I think they are a very romantic couple, and I hope that circumstances permit them to announce an engagment with a year or 2, instead of 4 or 5 years from now. I do believe that Kate seems to be very healthy for Prince William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom