The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Even if they don't want to see them kissing I think they don't show at all to be in love!!!Just because they are together in the same Polo Game!!!Lets wait and see if this turns out to be a very beuatiful love story!Neverthenless I think she is getting mucht more publicity and attention than him with all this story!She is such a beatiful women.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Even if they don't want to see them kissing I think they don't show at all to be in love!!!Just because they are together in the same Polo Game!!!Lets wait and see if this turns out to be a very beuatiful love story!Neverthenless I think she is getting mucht more publicity and attention than him with all this story!She is such a beatiful women.
Just because you don't see them kissing in public it doesnt mean they are NOT in love. With couples who are definitely in the public arena so much..I think those who tend not to demonstrate their feelings in public...do so because not everything needs to be public. You have to keep something private and personal to yourself. Of course..that doesn't apply to everyone (TomKat) but this is just my opinion :)

Old 07-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

[quote=Jo of Palatine]"I agree with you. Personally, I think that there is another reason why William keeps his distance in public: behaving differently, more passionately he would invite the media to really "marry him off", much more than they do at the moment. "

Many points in your analysis are very insightful, in my opinion. I agree with the point that William is smart and knows the press will "marry him off" the minute they read a deeper attachment into any photo they take.

"I believe the famous words of William's aunt to William's mother: "You can't back out, your face is already on the tea towels" has the potential to haunt a young man like William. He seems to be very protective and nice, so surely he wouldn't want Kate to feel that way ever. IMHO he wants for her to have a chance to back out of the relationship whenever she wants if she feels like she is not up to it. And to back out without having lost her face or her reputation. "

I think that William is a true gentleman. I really want to believe that he is creating space for her to back-out of a relationship with him and save-face/reputation and carry-on with her life post-William, if that should happen.

"the public only realized how very serious these relationships were when the engagements were announced, when the ladies in question had actually decided that they didn't want to back out of it. The same with Charles and Diana, if the books are to be believed: Charles offered for Diana and she accepted, but it took them some time till the engagement was announced officially. Diana had her chance to back out - she didn't take it, even though she had doubts. "

I also think that this is a good point, about Diana having her doubts but deciding not to back-out even though she had the space to do so.

"If Kate has any doubts she will have her chance to say good-bye to the prince without loosing the place in society she is about to take at the moment. "

I think Kate has been lauched into "society" by her close association with Prince William, and hopefully, she can maintain her new-found status in "society" even if her relationship with William ends.

"IMHO the BRF is very careful at the moment in their efforts to launch Kate in society and to give her a chance to find her own place in it in case she wants to get out of her relationship with William. "

I think the BRF likes Kate very much, but in general must be conscious of how much being linked with them changes an average person's life. The BRF can launch one into "society," but whether or not that person has staying power is really unknown in these early days. I really hope everything works out for Kate no matter what her future holds.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Just because you don't see them kissing in public it doesnt mean they are NOT in love. With couples who are definitely in the public arena so much..I think those who tend not to demonstrate their feelings in public...do so because not everything needs to be public. You have to keep something private and personal to yourself. Of course..that doesn't apply to everyone (TomKat) but this is just my opinion :)
i agree. plus, a picture of them kissing was taken once while the whole royal family and Kate were on the Ski trip.

I think they probably don't want to be affectionate in public because they've already given the public so much. Everyone from what they wear, what their majors were, their lifestyles, and where they are all the time is common knownledge! So by keeping their personal lives out of the public's eyes, its more special to them and something only them two know.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P.
I also think that this is a good point, about Diana having her doubts but deciding not to back-out even though she had the space to do so.
Diana was 19 and Kate is 24. BIG difference. If Diana had known what Kate knows maybe things would have turned out differently.

Quote:
I think Kate has been lauched into "society" by her close association with Prince William, and hopefully, she can maintain her new-found status in "society" even if her relationship with William ends.
I don't think Kate has been "launched" in any society. She has been introduced and shown different types of society, but I don't think any royal member is pushing this women to make public appearances on red carpet with her sister. She is choosing all that. William did the best he could, now its her turn to take some responsiblity. (get a job?? wink wink...)
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Diana was 19 and Kate is 24. BIG difference. If Diana had known what Kate knows maybe things would have turned out differently.

I don't think Kate has been "launched" in any society. She has been introduced and shown different types of society, but I don't think any royal member is pushing this women to make public appearances on red carpet with her sister. She is choosing all that. William did the best he could, now its her turn to take some responsiblity. (get a job?? wink wink...)
All of you make such great points. But I have to question the "get a job" comment. This bothers me a little bit because it seems to me that if Kate is truly William's future wife, she needs to be preparing herself for that. Her "job" should be doing research and learning how to be a princess, I mean how to be a public persona, because if she marries William (as many of us agree she must in a few years, judging from her and William's signals) she will have to be his wife (hopefully, because divorce is such a sad story and we don't want things to go that route) for her whole life. She should put her focus there, in my opinion, if that is the plan as some of us suspect it is.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P
She has not been 'launched' into society at all. If she splits with William, I would imagine she will go back to being a middle class girl from a middle class background. Her 'at the moment' celebrity status comes only because she is dating William. :)
Old 07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Can we not get into the "Kate needs a job" discussion please?

For all we know..she helps her parents out a couple of hours a day? We don't know what she does with all of her time. Just because you see snapshots of her shopping (more like walking down the street) and a polo match doesn't mean she does that 24/7...I mean she has to sleep :)

Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
All of you make such great points. But I have to question the "get a job" comment. This bothers me a little bit because it seems to me that if Kate is truly William's future wife, she needs to be preparing herself for that. Her "job" should be doing research and learning how to be a princess, I mean how to be a public persona, because if she marries William (as many of us agree she must in a few years, judging from her and William's signals) she will have to be his wife (hopefully, because divorce is such a sad story and we don't want things to go that route) for her whole life. She should put her focus there, in my opinion, if that is the plan as some of us suspect it is.
I always enjoy reading your comments. I think your comments are wise and reasonable. I also question the "get a job" comment. Kate, in more ways then we realize, already has a job. She is being introduced to a new lifesyle, learning, developing and growing in preparation for what could be one of the most challenging, high profile jobs around. As you say, and I agree, there are many levels of her prospective job she must master in these early days, the public persona aspect and private aspect which is essentially the quality of her relationship with William. The signals say that they are in a serious relationship and are trying to work out a plan for the future. As we know in life, not all things go as we plan. Nonetheless, Kate needs to be prepared for what might happen.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I always enjoy reading your comments. I think your comments are wise and reasonable. I also question the "get a job" comment. Kate, in more ways then we realize, already has a job. She is being introduced to a new lifesyle, learning, developing and growing in preparation for what could be one of the most challenging, high profile jobs around. As you say, and I agree, there are many levels of her prospective job she must master in these early days, the public persona aspect and private aspect which is essentially the quality of her relationship with William. The signals say that they are in a serious relationship and are trying to work out a plan for the future. As we know in life, not all things go as we plan. Nonetheless, Kate needs to be prepared for what might happen.
Heidi and CasiraghiTrio,

I agree with both of your comments about the signals between Kate and P. Williams indicating a serious relationship that could very well lead to marriage. I also agree that she will indeed need to master the public persona aspect of being with the Second in Line to the throne in order to be a true asset to PW.
However I don't agree that she needs to actually do any research on becoming his wife. If she is indeed his final choice, she will have more information on proper protocol and acceptable behavior provided to her "at her fingertips" from the Palace than an entire encyclopedia.

I also think she should be entitled to take a break after completing University. She is obviously in a financial position (via her parents) to take a break from regular employment if she so chooses. Since she is not a royal, she should not have to 'justify' her existence by doing good/charitable works or being gainfully employed as soon as she graduates.

She is obviously good for William, all of the pictures of him show an extremely happy young man who seems to be very natural and relaxed in her company.

Since they have already lived together, they probably have a very close, emotionally intimate relationship that was able to develop and blossom away from the public eye. He probably has no need to touch or kiss her in public since he (I assume) can be as affectionate as he chooses when they are alone or with family and trustworthy friends.

I think they are a very romantic couple, and I hope that circumstances permit them to announce an engagment with a year or 2, instead of 4 or 5 years from now. I do believe that Kate seems to be very healthy for Prince William.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Aristocracy

Tony R,
I liked your analysis of the situation between Kate and William very much. Your point about Kate being in the position to take a break after recently completing University is very insightful. I also agree with you about all the benefits the relationship appears to have for both Kate and William. I believe that things look very good for these two and I am truly looking forward to seeing what happens in the the future.

Thanks again for your very thoughtful commments.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
I also think she should be entitled to take a break after completing University. She is obviously in a financial position (via her parents) to take a break from regular employment if she so chooses. Since she is not a royal, she should not have to 'justify' her existence by doing good/charitable works or being gainfully employed as soon as she graduates.
Yes, everything you said is very wise, but this in particular I agree with. I never feel she has to "justify" anything. Not at all. I only think that the more she does to prepare herself for being William's wife will only help her. I don't think she should do public works for justifying herself, but at the same time, I think doing a little here, a little there would go a long way to getting her feet wet. But as you said, it's also true that she has many things at her disposal, closer access to the royal family and all that this implies than most people, and with that access comes more knowledge than we can acquire coming into the Royal Forums or reading some historial biography. I am sure whatever she is doing is fine, or more than fine, however, as you pointed out.

And Heidi P also made a good point, though I didn't know how to quote you simaltaneously: Plans change according to the current tide. I hope this plan won't change though! I love Kate and William together. I hope she is his Camilla, in his life forever, but as his wife forever, of course.... I didn't mean I hope she will be his mistress while he is married to someone else. Lord no. I want the "happy ending" part only (as far as "happy endings" go, anyhow!:p
Old 07-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Aristocracy

[quote=CasiraghiTrio]I don't think she should do public works for justifying herself, but at the same time, I think doing a little here, a little there would go a long way to getting her feet wet.

I couldn't have said it better.

But as you said, it's also true that she has many things at her disposal, closer access to the royal family and all that this implies than most people, and with that access comes more knowledge than we can acquire coming into the Royal Forums or reading some historial biography.

This, in and of itself, is tranforming for Kate. How can you go from average college student to having access to the BRF? I want to argue that it is this knowledge/experience alone that can be transformative.

Casiraghi Trio I think that this particular sentence -- "with that access comes more knowledge than we can acquire coming into Royal Forums or reading some historical biography" -- speaks volumes about the difference between acutally interacting with royals and what we do here.

And Heidi P also made a good point, though I didn't know how to quote you simaltaneously: Plans change according to the current tide. I hope this plan won't change though!

You summarized my point well!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:53 PM

Quote:

This, in and of itself, is tranforming for Kate. How can you go from average college student to having access to the BRF? I want to argue that it is this knowledge/experience alone that can be transformative.
Yes, I suppose the reality of capturing the heart of Prince William might be considered among one of the great feats of the modern age!

Quote:
Casiraghi Trio I think that this particular sentence -- "with that access comes more knowledge than we can acquire coming into Royal Forums or reading some historical biography" -- speaks volumes about the difference between acutally interacting with royals and what we do here.
YES! :) As "real" and "normal" as they or the press (I cannot decide which; perhaps a combination of both for their own, separate self-interested reasons?) would have us believe they are, just think about the distance they will put between "us and them" when they need to, the walls that go up and the press secretaries who come out to give us their "it is not our policy to comment on the private life of HRH". It makes me feel rather like a "royal arse" (pun intended) for coming here to comment on these Kate and William theories, when the truth or the reality is so impossible to know unless the involved parties decide to let it be known. But that also brings up another interesting aspect of our speculations. :) William is calling the shots, isn't he? Not kate! If Kate, for example, were to come out and comment on these things, William would drop her like a bowl of scalding soup! But, however, if William wants to let us know about something involving Kate, that's all fair and good. WHEW! Being connected to those Windsors is kind of a bittersweet deal, isn't it?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

I really think we've done this business of "she should get a job," "no she shouldn't" pretty much to death. People are going to agree to disagree, and after having done so, is there any more to be said?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Nobility

Being connected to any famous family, let along the Windsor household is a tremendous burden as history has shown us in the past. I wish Kate or any girl who ties herself to William all the luck in the world.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I really think we've done this business of "she should get a job," "no she shouldn't" pretty much to death. People are going to agree to disagree, and after having done so, is there any more to be said?
I suppose you have a point, Elspeth. We have tied up quite a few pages with this circular speculation. I believe we're also on the cuff of that Magic 10 that seems to be the sacred rule around TRF for starting new events threads. I guess the fact that people tend to burn through Kate threads faster than nobody's business pretty much speaks volumes by itself. I am guilty. I know it.:o
Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth

Elspeth,
Well said. The fact is that we can only see the world through our own eyes, we can try to understand what others see, but that doesn't always work out the way it should and it tends to make for a great deal of re-hashing. :)

Also, I think Casiraghi Trio asks a very good question. Why are we burning through the Kate Middleton threads? :)

Further, it is interesting to speculate what would happen if Kate spoke to the press, friends, or publically about her relationship with William.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Elspeth,
Well said. The fact is that we can only see the world through our own eyes, we can try to understand what others see, but that doesn't always work out the way it should and it tends to make for a great deal of re-hashing. :)
Also, I think Casiraghi Trio asks a very good question. Why are we burning trough the Kate Middleton threads? :)
Further, it is interesting to speculate what would happen if Kate spoke to the press, friends, or publically about her relationship with William.
No one has a more natural or a stronger sucking-in power than the two sons of She Who Was Master of it, dare I speak her name? Diana, Princess of Wales, indeed. So their girlfriends will never be anything less than the most addictive soap-opera-stars around. Forget One Life to Live ok? Kate and William is the best story in town!:p
Old 07-09-2006, 10:07 PM

Kate is just too cool for words. She looks like such a sweet person. I like how she has bad days as well as good. Remember those pics of pre-royal Diana, always looking so happy and peppy and stuff? What is cooler to me about Kate than the pre-royal Diana is that Kate always looks real. Sometimes she looks downright pissed off. I was just looking at more pics of her at Rex and I found some I never noticed before. I'll post them soon just in case others never saw them either.
There's one pic at rex from June 21, 2005 showing a present she wrapped for Prince William and put in the back of her car. The wrapping paper is so darn ugly, it's funny. Did anyone see that before?

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton