The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P.
I agree with you! I've made this point several times, because it makes the most sense. Prince William is very clever about public affairs.
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I really believe William has figured out everything on his own, too. I don't think anyone taught him his cleverness because it seems too instinctual. It seems like he acquired this from years and years of studying the effect of media relations on his whole life, if you know what I mean. He uses this to guide all his decisions regarding Kate, I feel. I think he gradually allowed us "in" on his Kate secret because he made a decision within himself that this girl is the one. While he probably won't marry her this year or even next, it certainly seems to be in his longterm plan.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
But it might confirm what some of us are speculating..that a behind-the-scenes would bore us to tears! Oh well. At least Kate's dress sense is pretty good, in my opinion. Like the latest 'polo' dress for example, that one with the flowers. Very feminine yet down to earth somehow, nice and summer-y. Thumbs up!
LOL! I think Kate's dress is a winner. She looks so feminine and exudes summer flowers and sunshine!

Old 07-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I really believe William has figured out everything on his own, too. I don't think anyone taught him his cleverness because it seems too instinctual. It seems like he acquired this from years and years of studying the effect of media relations on his whole life, if you know what I mean. He uses this to guide all his decisions regarding Kate, I feel. I think he gradually allowed us "in" on his Kate secret because he made a decision within himself that this girl is the one. While he probably won't marry her this year or even next, it certainly seems to be in his longterm plan.
Excellent analysis of William's sophistication regarding the ways of the media and public. He had the best Case Study from which to observe and learn, his own mother! Diana was actively engaged with the media from the day she first appeared with Prince Charles until the moment of her death! William is no idiot and these lessons were not lost on him. I believe William applied his "skills" in introducing Kate to the press and I don't think he would have done so, considering the dangers or the highs and lows of being in the public eye, if she wasn't "the one." Clearly Kate factors into Williams' long-term plans, whether or not all his plans will come to fruition are another question. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P.
Excellent analysis of William's sophistication regarding the ways of the media and public. He had the best Case Study from which to observe and learn, his own mother! Diana was actively engaged with the media from the day she first appeared with Prince Charles until the moment of her death! William is no idiot and these lessons were not lost on him. I believe William applied his "skills" in introducing Kate to the press and I don't think he would have done so, considering the dangers or the highs and lows of being in the public eye, if she wasn't "the one." Clearly Kate factors into Williams' long-term plans, whether or not all his plans will come to fruition are another question. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
Yeah, I love watching William. He's such a cool guy. Even through the times in his life when I've been iffy about his choices, there's always been something very studied about him, and in retrospect, I always respect his choices (and usually agree with him too, definitely more often than not!) As much as I love the Casiraghis, none of the "royals" seem to balance everything as beautifully as William does. He just seems to have it all figured out.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Nobility

I agree about their way with dealing with the media. Just look at these pictures from isifa. It is clear they don't mean for the media to know too much about their relationship. Most of the pictures we've seen of them showing affection have been from long lensed cameras.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	is_12391203.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	253442   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_12391202.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	253443   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_12391205.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	253444   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_12391204.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	253445  

Old 07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for post this photos. ISIT─ always have nice pics, but now we need register for see them larger... so thanks a lot again.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for beautiful pictures regardez! I reallz love them, because thez are showing how is Wills and Kate beautiful pair.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:35 PM

Oh my God, the third pic!! The way he's touching her arm and looking down at her! That tells a thousand tales! You can see the sweetness. It's not a kiss, but it's BETTER!! That one simple gesture, combined with his face, reveals so much. It's real love, the real thing, as sweet as it gets.:)
Old 07-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Oh my God, the third pic!! The way he's touching her arm and looking down at her! That tells a thousand tales! You can see the sweetness. It's not a kiss, but it's BETTER!! That one simple gesture, combined with his face, reveals so much. It's real love, the real thing, as sweet as it gets.:)
are we talking about the pics above? i don't see one where he's touching her arm and looking down at her!?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
are we talking about the pics above? i don't see one where he's touching her arm and looking down at her!?
Look very hard at this one: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1152087283 (source: isifa)

You can see his left hand touching her arm and he is leaning and looking toward her. It's very subtle. I suppose it's possible I'm seeing things because I want to see this between them, but I doubt it. He has a very tender look on his face, detectable even from this long range and with the blurriness. In my opinion, this very subtle gesture and look spells the tenderest love. :) He's just like his father in this way, falling in love so hard at such a young age. Charles was not far from William's age when his heart was lost to Camilla.
I just hope Katie doesn't run out and marry some other guy and botch it up the way Camilla did! I doubt she will, though. I'm sure they are communicating about it because they don't want to repeat the mistakes of *others* in the past.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Courtier

I don't wanna start any bad discussion here but, that pictures look like "photoshoped" pictures they are very strange
Old 07-05-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
I don't wanna start any bad discussion here but, that pictures look like "photoshoped" pictures they are very strange
Do you mean the textures? Do you think it might be just the heavy glare on the lens and the long distance (blurriness)?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I *think* he's touching her in 3, but she's certainly touching him tenderly in 1 and 2. I think we've intruded into a private moment, and I feel a bit guilty. Just a bit, mind you.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I *think* he's touching her in 3, but she's certainly touching him tenderly in 1 and 2. I think we've intruded into a private moment, and I feel a bit guilty. Just a bit, mind you.
They appear to be sharing a very intimate, tender, comfortable moment together. They are definately connected emotionally and physically.
I really like the photos!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i'm so glad you said that, Duchess, because when i first saw the pic #3, i didnt saw it the way CasiraghiTrio did. i thought my eyes blurred. but no, i too dont see any hand on the arm.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Do you mean the textures? Do you think it might be just the heavy glare on the lens and the long distance (blurriness)?
It could be just the heavy glare but... wherever =/
Old 07-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I am sorry. The pictures are not photoshopped. They were taken with a long-lense camera from a far distance. That is the reason they are very blurry (imagine zooming in from very far away). My point was just that they wouldn't act like that if they had known the camera was on them.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
I am sorry. The pictures are not photoshopped. They were taken with a long-lense camera from a far distance. That is the reason they are very blurry (imagine zooming in from very far away). My point was just that they wouldn't act like that if they had known the camera was on them.
ok.
now i wonder why wouldn't they act like that if they had know tehe camera was on them, they are boyfriend and girlfriend, there's nothing wrong with showing affection
Old 07-06-2006, 01:06 AM

Quote:
ok.
now i wonder why wouldn't they act like that if they had know tehe camera was on them, they are boyfriend and girlfriend, there's nothing wrong with showing affection
Paula, you are absolutely right and I could not agree more: there is nothing wrong with a couple showing affection towards each other, no matter who they are or "what" they are or anything. But I think William is so wearied of having every detail of his past, present, and yes, his future discussed in the media, that he appreciates having some things known only to himself and his most special lady. So when he knows there are paparazzi sneaking about, he puts up some sort of guard and acts with reserve. His kisses are only for Kate, not for the world to see. :)
Old 07-06-2006, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Paula, you are absolutely right and I could not agree more: there is nothing wrong with a couple showing affection towards each other, no matter who they are or "what" they are or anything. But I think William is so wearied of having every detail of his past, present, and yes, his future discussed in the media, that he appreciates having some things known only to himself and his most special lady. So when he knows there are paparazzi sneaking about, he puts up some sort of guard and acts with reserve. His kisses are only for Kate, not for the world to see. :)
I agree with you. Personally, I think that there is another reason why William keeps his distance in public: behaving differently, more passionately he would invite the media to really "marry him off", much more than they do at the moment. At the moment most editors are content to wait and to just follow the relationship of William and Kate. There is a development there, it's slow, very slow but it's there and so they have to write a bit and everybody is content with the Status Quo. That can change over night with just one pic, I guess. A pic which really shows more than what we get to see normally. Then the media will start hunting the couple till they get engaged or split off.

I believe the famous words of William's aunt to William's mother: "You can't back out, your face is already on the tea towels" has the potential to haunt a young man like William. He seems to be very protective and nice, so surely he wouldn't want Kate to feel that way ever. IMHO he wants for her to have a chance to back out of the relationship whenever she wants if she feels like she is not up to it. And to back out without having lost her face or her reputation.

I remember how other princes used to protect their chosen one - Felipe of Spain or frederick of Denmark had no problem with the media when they were involved with actresses or models who could take advantage of their exposure to the public eye. But they behaved completely different when it came to Leticia Ortiz and Mary Donaldson - the public only realized how very serious these relationships were when the engagements were announced, when the ladies in question had actually decided that they didn't want to back out of it. The same with Charles and Diana, if the books are to be believed: Charles offered for Diana and she accepted, but it took them some time till the engagement was announced officially. Diana had her chance to back out - she didn't take it, even though she had doubts. If Kate has any doubts she will have her chance to say good-bye to the prince without loosing the place in society she is about to take at the moment.

IMHO the BRF is very careful at the moment in their efforts to launch Kate in society and to give her a chance to find her own place in it in case she wants to get out of her relationship with William. Don't forget what a good friend Charles was to his former girlfriends after they split - in this case William is well adviced to follow his father's very gentlemanly approach to former girlfriends. (As you see I don't subscribe to the idea that Charles kept lots and lots of former girlfriends as his mistresses after they married someone else.

As for William and Kate: I like the way they interact and keep their relationship as private as they can. I wish them luck.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton