The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

i had written in an earlier post how the media will eventually begin to print unflattering photos of her, print negative stories about her and generally put her in a bad light. they're starting to do that now. the REAL test is only just beginning.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Commoner

Kate gives Wills a leg-up

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006290826,00.html

Old 06-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

Oh my god, three inches above the knee! That hussy!

Sheesh, you could get away with that at my old high school and they had a pretty strict dress code.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyesonarmani
I can't believe they call this news. It's not Kate's fault that the wind is blowing! These British "news" publications :p ....
Old 06-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

lol anything for a story im still in Kates corner I Dont think she should have all the bad press shes been Getting
Old 06-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know why a bit of thigh is newsworthy; we've seen pics of the poor girl in a bikini!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I don't know why a bit of thigh is newsworthy; we've seen pics of the poor girl in a bikini!
So true! LOL!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for the photos, we can only hope the girl in the 2nd photo w/kate isn't her stylists lol
Old 06-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879
Kate Middleton: Trapped in Diana's Shadow?

Here we go already. God forbid the girl be her own person.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate is Kate, an intelligent and popular girl with no extra baggage. The only thing they have in common is William. For goodness sake, the press should leave her alone!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

Agreed! Why inject all kinds of Oedipal grossness into a relationship that seems healthy?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Actually the Daily Mail article is right on target in places for a change and quite astutely noted some differences between the two:

Quote:
She also has a quiet poise, a solidity which was absent in Diana. Kate was brought up in a secure, two-parent, upper-middle-class, Home Counties family. She has been used to material wealth and emotional support. Lady Diana, in contrast, was an aristocrat from a broken family.
Of course they spoiled the end of the article when they quoted some people that said Kate didn't have star quality but she would go on to become more glamorous, like a contemporary Diana.

Oh please! With William's attitude towards the press, do they really think he is going to fall for a charismatic press-friendly personality?

As usual, the headline and the last paragraphs take away from a perfectly good and interesting article.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

You caught me. I skimmed it.

I appreciated this part:
Quote:
Kate’s style is instantly recognisable to public school-educated women of her generation. An 18-year-old girl I spoke to congratulated Kate on ‘not being tarty. She is really fit, she just isn’t hip. It isn’t a London look, it is typical of Marlborough really: jeans, little cardigans and long shiny hair." The unfussy look - good jeans, great genes - suits the environment. If Kate stays with William, she will have to survive many rugby touchlines and fast ski slopes. In the early years, Diana experimented with costumes rather than outfits - the tartan, the sailor suit, the headmistress and the vamp.
It rings true to me.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Courtier

more pics...

http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/Editorial.fwx

search for: kate middleton or prince william

can click enlarge....
Old 06-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Commoner

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
I wonder, too. I mean, when you think about it, we really know very little about her. It's easy to make assumptions about what she does and the kind of person she is, but we really only see a very small slice of her life.
i wonder if she's done any interviews?
she'll probably do them if her and Prince William will be engaged but maybe the paparazzi will sort've.. not be so aggresive if we knew more about her? part of what's driving the paparazzi to stalk her constantly is OUR curiousity. WE wonder what she's doing, the lifestyle she's living, and etc so the paparazzi feed off of that.

maybe if we knew more about her, we wouldn't have to assume so much. it takes the guess work out. she could've at least explained herself when she did the "V" sign at the wimbledon came.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Not everybody has a driving curiosity to know what Kate does all the time. I won't really be interested unless they get engaged. I imagine if that happens then we will see some interviews. But for now, I'm happy that Wills has found someone that he cares a lot about.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Kate is Kate, an intelligent and popular girl with no extra baggage. The only thing they have in common is William. For goodness sake, the press should leave her alone!

You know, I always thought the press always complimented her and praised her, saying that she's fit to be queen, stunning, has style, and etc. They constantly admire her fashion sense, her figure, and etc! This is rare considering the press isn't exactly known for making people look GOOD but I always wondered why they made her sound so perfect? I'm not saying she isn't but the paparazzi are known to be vicious, not offering praise to anyone.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj123
You know, I always thought the press always complimented her and praised her, saying that she's fit to be queen, stunning, has style, and etc. They constantly admire her fashion sense, her figure, and etc! This is rare considering the press isn't exactly known for making people look GOOD but I always wondered why they made her sound so perfect? I'm not saying she isn't but the paparazzi are known to be vicious, not offering praise to anyone.
They have been very kind to her.

A little too kind to her. Usually when they're that nice to someone it means they're setting them up for a fall.

(And yes, my tinfoil hat was designed by Philip Treacy!)
Old 06-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj123
The papparazzi are the cameramen and they take pictures of what they think the tabloids will buy.

The tabloids don't write articles to inform people; they make up attention-grabbing headlines with provocative photos to stir up a lot of emotion because emotion sells papers. In the tabloid world, there is no such thing as a just OK person; just OK people don't sell papers. The papers exaggerate and crown celebrities either saints or devils to give their readers something to react to.

It doesn't matter if they make a person a saint or a devil as long as the papers fly off the shelf and generating an emotional response from your readers is the easiest way to do that.

I imagine they'll keep up with the princess-perfect Kate stories as long as the public is eager to buy them. That could be a short or long time. Diana was the tabloid darling for an incredibly long time even after details about her troubled marriage went public. For a very long time, the tabloid-buying public didn't want to read stories about Diana not being an angel so the tabloids were for the most part very favorable to her; when the public mood changed, the tabloids changed too.

When it comes to the tabloid press, its all about going for the jugular and making a lot of money.

-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton