The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think its more likely the girls don't kmow each other well. I haven't seen William and Harry together much except at royal events and some Sandhurst events. I think they may not hang out much together.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Or it could just be that the photographer tried his hardest to get that sort of photo. In most of the shots where Chelsy is supposed to be giving Kate the evil eye, Kate is talking to someone else and Chelsy is apparently watching the action on the pitch.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

From Hola.com:

http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgAc...6&currentImg=3
Old 07-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

In the previous picture, Kate is tastefully dressed as usual. I love the halter top with the white design. Kate has had an outstanding summer

as far as clothing goes!
Old 07-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I think its more likely the girls don't kmow each other well. I haven't seen William and Harry together much except at royal events and some Sandhurst events. I think they may not hang out much together.
I want to believe you're correct Ysbel. I really hope that they all get on just fine. I have two first-cousin (who are brothers a year apart and are close) to whom I'm very close, and their respective wives don't like each other at all. It is all very civilized, but the two wives are rarely together at family occasions and when they are, it is exactly the same feel as those pictures of Kate and Chelsy. Excruciating. It is really too bad. In my obscure family it's okay, but in a high profile family like this one, it can be fodder for a ravenous press. Oh well.

Despite my fashion criticsm I like them all and wish them well. I just wish somewhere down the road Kate/Zara and Chelsy if she sticks around will hire decent stylists who really pay attention to fashion/couture, when the time comes. Now when they're still young is a little too soon, I do realize that, but there is no harm in venturing towards off-the-rack pieces of a few very good foreign designers.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I also agree with you on this. The fellas probably "get together" by going through the cell phone because of being so busy. The approximate distance between them I believe is about 130 miles/210 km (between Dorset and Windsor) meaning about an 60-90 minute drive between the two where they are presently stationed. They do seem to spend a lot of off time boozing and polo playing. I must be getting so old because never have I known anyone such as the Windsor boys doing a lot of drinking. Perhaps with age they may become more interested in less libation and more into other things that don't require a lot of drinking to have fun and enjoying themselves in other's company without a drink in hand. Just my thoughts.:)
Old 07-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

From Hellomagazine.com:

YOUNG ROYALS ENJOY AFTERNOON OF HOT SUN AND CHUKKA FUN
There was no shortage of support for Prince William and his little brother Harry when they competed in a charity polo match at the weekend. The two princes' girlfriends, Kate Middleton and Chelsy Davy, were both cheering from the sidelines at the Tidworth Park event, along with their cousin Zara Phillips...

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../17/royalpolo/
Old 07-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
Here is a picture of the two of them with Zara.
I always thought Kate was really tall, like 5'10 -5'11 but she is wearing a slight heel and is not towering over Zara. Yes she is taller but not what I had thought.

Nice to see the girls looking out for their men, I would be bored to tears but I guess some like the social side of Polo.

Isifa have a nice picture of Kate and Zara, they look pleased to see one anohter and very friendly.

I hate how when Kate wore a blue/turquoise dress she was compared to Diana and now Chelsy is because you could see a shadow of her legs. That happens to women ALL the time, sometimes no matter how careful you are some light is too bright and you can see through the skirt. I just think the press are pathetic for even mentioning it.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Courtier

can i see the picture where kate is giving chelsy the "evil eye"?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Nice to see the girls looking out for their men, I would be bored to tears but I guess some like the social side of Polo.
Polo can be very exciting to watch, the social side is just an added bonus. I guess it's like a lot of sports, if you are interested or know any of the players/teams then it's of interest to you. :)
Old 07-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Nobility

^ Oh sorry I did not mean to offend anyone, I mean you could not drag me away from Formula One or Football even tennis but I guess Polo is not for me.

I hate posh social events, not that all polo events are about what the women are wearing but it still would not be my scene.

Mind you, maybe if I had a prince on the horse I could stand around and watch!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
^ Oh sorry I did not mean to offend anyone, I mean you could not drag me away from Formula One or Football even tennis but I guess Polo is not for me.
No offence taken.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
can i see the picture where kate is giving chelsy the "evil eye"?
this was the picture we were talking about.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Gentry

Who knows what she was really looking at. What nonsense.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox6
Who knows what she was really looking at. What nonsense.
Its not nonsense, you can see if you really look at the pictures, that kate and chelsy are not very happy with each other
Old 07-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj123
this was the picture we were talking about.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7145...593CC72A876745
It kinda looks like the other way around to me. Chelsy giving Kate the evil eye.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

They're both wearing sunglasses so how can you tell? And Kate isn't even looking at Chelsy.

I have to agree with redfox on this one.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
They're both wearing sunglasses so how can you tell? And Kate isn't even looking at Chelsy.

I have to agree with redfox on this one.
I agree with ysbel and redfox. Sorry!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I always thought Kate was really tall, like 5'10 -5'11 but she is wearing a slight heel and is not towering over Zara. Yes she is taller but not what I had thought.
So, how tall is William, Harry, Kate & Chelsy?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
Its not nonsense, you can see if you really look at the pictures, that kate and chelsy are not very happy with each other
What picture(s) are you talking about?

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton