The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Their close relationship seems to be somewhat like what Charles has with Camilla.
I hope it won't turn like the "real Charles & Camilla story "
....sorry if the joke was bad... I just couldn't help it.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaR
Maybe she is a nice girl (I'm not well informed about her yet ), but... her trousers are not! :( The jacket is OK, and also the hat. But I can't accept that kind of trousers, with such a low waist. I know they are very VERY (TOO much) fashionable now, many (most?) women wear them now, they're in every shop and there's almost no choice! Believe me, I'm desperate! I'll never wear them. I think they are unacceptable.

whats the probs. with the trousers? everyone's wearing them . I don't think she like's to show a lots of skin anyway. But if she did, she has some nice sporty legs to show.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
whats the probs. with the trousers? everyone's wearing them . I don't think she like's to show a lots of skin anyway. But if she did, she has some nice sporty legs to show.
That is true. Everyone's wearing them. Kate wouldn't dare wear something noone else is wearing.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Courtier

I understand the point about trousers, but I think they are bad taste. I chose not to wear them, because I like sensible clothing. I'm not saying that she's is a bad gird because of her trousers (and I know a lot of people wearing them).
My hope is that this fashion ends in a few years.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Listen up folks, whether or not Kate marries William is really immaterial. I haven't read a lot about Kate Middleton other than she went to school with William and they lived together. Now, they're going to be sharing his apartment in London. Cool. At least William is following his heart. If he decides he wants to marry her, it's his decision not ours.

I mean it if were up to popularity polls, we the people would pick and choose who our royals would marry right? :) If that were true, Charles would never have married Camilla. At least at one point, Camilla was very unpopular. Personally, I don't like Camilla but I don't have to be married to her either :)
Old 08-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

ok, just because we don't pick her, doesn't mean we can't talk about her. We have watched Will grow up. It is natural for us to want, what we believe, to be the best for him. Our opinion does have some bearing on who he marries. Like you said you don't like Camilla, People don't want Charles to be king because her. Princes have abdicated the throne because the public didn't like their wife. If Will marries someone no one likes, it could harm his public relations.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up

I've just had a look at all the pictures on this thread. Now I must admit I generally like how she dresses. At least she doesn't dress like a teenager (as many of her age still do).

I couldn't see what colour her eyes are. In one picture they looked blue-grey or blue-green, but I'm not sure. I need help...

I changed my mind about her style when I saw this picture: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=177423
Her earrings are classy! A classical shape and a pearl. I have a pair of earrings just like hers; in addition mine have a (little ) brilliant just above the pearl, like the Queen's. In fact, my earrings are identical to a pair of Queen Victoria's. (When I was in the shop, 5 years ago, I tried a pair of earrings identical to the Queen's! I didn't buy them because they seemed to me a little uncomfortable, but if I had known how the Queen's earrings were... ).

However, I wonder if the pearl in the picture is true. It seems fake - and this would be a nonsense, as Kate is by far richer than me.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
ok, just because we don't pick her, doesn't mean we can't talk about her. We have watched Will grow up. It is natural for us to want, what we believe, to be the best for him. Our opinion does have some bearing on who he marries. Like you said you don't like Camilla, People don't want Charles to be king because her. Princes have abdicated the throne because the public didn't like their wife. If Will marries someone no one likes, it could harm his public relations.
Well said!!:)
Old 08-17-2005, 01:10 PM

Maybe the lower waisted jeans fit her better. Personally, I have an incredibly difficult time finding pants that fit my waist and a lower rise is a godsend. Personally, I will be very sad when they go out of fashion. As long as someone isn't flashing miles of stomach I don't understand what the problem is. I think she looks perfectly tasteful. Her middle is covered.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Courtier

I personally have difficulty finding jeans that are non low rise. They are so popular at the moment. Plus, I have a long torso and a tiny bump for a tummy so like everyone, trying to find the perfect jeans is a bit of a challenge. I personally think her style is fine. She on the verge of changing from college coed to working woman. Her style reflects this. A bit of classic, A bit of personal taste, a bit of trendy. I think she will do fine. One thing she isn't doing is calling attention to herself. Which is good.

I wish her and William well. At least they are taking time with their relationship.:o
Old 08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraL
Maybe the lower waisted jeans fit her better. Personally, I have an incredibly difficult time finding pants that fit my waist and a lower rise is a godsend. Personally, I will be very sad when they go out of fashion. As long as someone isn't flashing miles of stomach I don't understand what the problem is. I think she looks perfectly tasteful. Her middle is covered.

I have the opposite problem! I said I don't like low raise trousers, and it's true. But even if liked them, well, I couldn't wear them, because they don't suit me at all! I am thin, but apparently the shape of my body is totally unsuitable for them. Once I tried some pairs in a shop (I was just curious). Disaster! I can't describe.

(The problem isn't the stomach - you can simply choose to keep it covered, but the back. Some people, when they are seated, have their back a little too much uncovered. It's not very elegant ).
Old 08-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisele
Listen up folks, whether or not Kate marries William is really immaterial. :)
come on Lisele, don't take the fun of it pls. This is what the forums are about...TALKING.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Kate's mom

I don't know if anybody cares or not..but oh well...here's Kate's mom... Newscom
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the picture, runaway princess. It's interesting to see her mom...I hadn't really expcted to ever see a picture of her for some reason...not sure why.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:02 AM
Nobility

wow! such a stern looking lady. No wonder Kate won't stay home LOL
Old 08-20-2005, 08:21 AM
Royal Highness

Lime mume, like daughter!!!Thanks!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Commoner

Williams Gift to Kate

Has anyone else noticed that Kate over does it and wears the sames earings on every occasion? Check it out, no too fashionista.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Kate doesn't need to be a fashionista. I wonder sometimes why everyone expects women who date Royals to be fashionistas and very into fashion. Kate ahs a very clean fresh look and is a beautiful girl. Besides-for all you know-those earrings could have a very special meaning to her...
Old 08-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Commoner

dude, she needs another pair of earings!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Commoner

wow, her mom kinda has chicken skin! EW!

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton