The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:58 PM

Kate Middleton at the Gatcombe Park Horse Trials

Source: Rex Features
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	539895D.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	180812   Click image for larger version

Name:	539895C.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	180813   Click image for larger version

Name:	539895B.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	180814   Click image for larger version

Name:	539895A.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	180815  

Name:	538810E.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	180816   Click image for larger version

Name:	538810D.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	180817   Click image for larger version

Name:	538810C.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	180818   Click image for larger version

Name:	538810B.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	180819  

Name:	538810A.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	180820   Click image for larger version

Name:	538807I.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	180821  

Old 08-15-2005, 04:00 PM

Kate Middleton at GP continued

Source: Rex again
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	538807E.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	180822   Click image for larger version

Name:	538807D.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	180823   Click image for larger version

Name:	538807C.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	180824   Click image for larger version

Name:	538807B.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	180825  

Old 08-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Courtier

:( No, I'm sorry but I don't like her. And, above all, I don't like her clothes at all.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy

I personally do not think that they are looking for the same kind of fame that came with Diana. To be honest, I think they found it to be a nuisance. They are probably wanting William to settle down with someone who will fit in with the family and get to work doing charity and trying to prove that she is worthy of being a royal. I don't think that William wants the type of celebrity that his mother became. Also, let's face it, Diana courted the media in a big way and when it turned on her and bit her in the butt, she complained. She used the media and it became a beast that she could not control.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:14 PM

I like Kate. She seems nice enough. I like the way she dresses too. I like her belt in the rex pics a lot. It goes well with the jeans and "cowgirl" look. It's appropriate for the Gatcombe Park set, I think. I am sure she is a very good friend to William. Their close relationship seems to be somewhat like what Charles has with Camilla. Like Camilla, Kate is discreet. She is a friend to William, someone he can trust, and she provides the level of discretion that he obviously would always require.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Maybe she is a nice girl (I'm not well informed about her yet ), but... her trousers are not! :( The jacket is OK, and also the hat. But I can't accept that kind of trousers, with such a low waist. I know they are very VERY (TOO much) fashionable now, many (most?) women wear them now, they're in every shop and there's almost no choice! Believe me, I'm desperate! I'll never wear them. I think they are unacceptable.

Old 08-15-2005, 04:56 PM

I just looked at the pics again. I noticed for the first time that she has a little bit of a tummy. I think the sweater makes it show more than things she's worn in the past. Plus, the belt looks pretty tight.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaR
Maybe she is a nice girl (I'm not well informed about her yet ), but... her trousers are not! :( The jacket is OK, and also the hat. But I can't accept that kind of trousers, with such a low waist. I know they are very VERY (TOO much) fashionable now, many (most?) women wear them now, they're in every shop and there's almost no choice! Believe me, I'm desperate! I'll never wear them. I think they are unacceptable.

:p :p Haha!!I agree with you about the fashion thing.Personally, I don't think she has that much of fashion sense.:)
Old 08-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
Hoping to get fame and approval of the press is the wrong way to go about picking a wife for William. They need someone who will earn the respect and admiration of the public over time, not insta-popularity.

What is it you really dislike about Kate? To be honest, she rubs me the wrong way for some reason.
She just seems so Fake.Like she's is putting on this show just to please the royal family.I just don't buy this whole thing.Sorry, but I just don't like her!:(
Old 08-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Courtier

just and wait and see when she gets her hands on that full and extended wallet of William,what kinda fashion icon she'll make!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
just and wait and see when she gets her hands on that full and extended wallet of William,what kinda fashion icon she'll make!
True!!! :p :p
Old 08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaR

I don't think wearing low-rise jeasn are unacceptable, I mean, e've already seen Kate modelling in her underwear on a runway. :p
Old 08-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Commoner

Just a quick note, but isn't everyone being a little too hard on Kate when they haven't met her. Poor girl...you can't judge someone when you don't know them. Especially not by their choice of clothes. Come on now how about having a subject other than talking about how much you don't like Kate.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Nobility

OK, why do you like her?:p :)
Old 08-15-2005, 09:35 PM

about her being fake supposedly

What if you were dating William? Wouldn't you want to impress his family and friends? In the case of the royal family, it's so much worse, like dating the son/daughter of a head of state, of course you'd be on your best behavior, and worried about making a misstep! Don't pretend you wouldn't because everyone would! It's terrible to be scrutinized like that, in the public eye to such an extent. It's a lot of pressure to be "perfect".
Old 08-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

Prince William's girlfriend invited to dinner with Queen
http://people.monstersandcritics.com...ner_with_Queen
Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I don't think wearing low-rise jeasn are unacceptable, I mean, e've already seen Kate modelling in her underwear on a runway. :p
i agree there's nothing wrong with low rise jeans...i wear them and i don't know why people don't like her when they don't even know her...i'm not saying i like her - to me she looks like any average girl who doesn't dress that bad...but from the sounds of some of the posts it portrays her as if she is a walking fashion disaster - she ain't that bad i've definitely seen worse
Old 08-16-2005, 02:00 AM
Commoner

I'm not saying that I like her or don't like her. I'm simply saying that I personally don't know her therefore I don't judge her and think that the conversation in the forum could have a little more depth to it rather than being so superficial.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Royal Highness

But most of us don't know any of the royals, so we have to go with the little that we know. Therefore, it is ok for ppl to express their opinion based on what they are feeling.

I really like Kate, but I kind of feel weird about something. But as long as WIlliam is happy. I do think that she will prove to be a great asset to the BRF.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
But most of us don't know any of the royals, so we have to go with the little that we know. Therefore, it is ok for ppl to express their opinion based on what they are feeling.
Right most of don't personally know any of the royals, that is why we debate about what we hear or read about them. So we can learn about different point of views. I don't see anything wrong with desiding if you like someone or don't.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton