General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is absolutely fine - but would your mum have been so relaxed about it if she and millions of strangers would have read about the stuff that happened between some drunk guys and girls on page one the next day?

It's what happens at a club. I'm sure Catherine didn't expect William to stand in a corner sipping on a Pepsi.

True, but she might have gotten him several if it would keep him from dancing.:ROFLMAO:

Not sure that they inherited their mother's dancing talent but her sons do seem to love dancing.

Agreed. Considering the multiple terrorist attacks and Brexit that the French have been dealing with over the recent years , I doubt this is a real issue to the French government. Their priorities are focused elsewhere. If anything the video of William's dance moves might have provided them with much needed comic relief.;)

The French Government does'nt care, but i bet the British one does...

I don't think anyone have a problem with William going on private trip with the guys. I'm sure Catherine was happy that he was going to hang with the guys.

That's not the problem. The problem is: it was scheduled at the same time of the Commonwealth Service and he was seen in the company of women that wasnt his wife. That's where the troubles comes in. We all can laugh at his 'Dad Dancing', but when he's putting his hand on another woman's hip and dancing, the whole innocence of the trip gets tarnished. He suppose to hang out with the guys, not the girls. Tell those girls to get somewhere and sit down and not near you.

The point is, this should never ever happen again.

Last edited:
What really gets me is the attitude that with being married, interacting with members of the opposite sex is very, very wrong and partying with the guys should always and forever be limited to the guys. Its as a platonic relationship with someone that just happens to be of the opposite sex is scandalous. To me, it reeks of an age where a woman's reputation was shot should she be seen in the company of a male without her duenna.

In any marriage, one of the primary cornerstones of a solid one is trust. After all the time that Will and Kate have been together, if they don't know each other and trust each other by now and know that no matter what things look like, nothing can break their trust in each other than the marriage isn't a strong one. Being in the public limelight where a sneeze is heard around the world with this couple, they know how the media works and how the media portrays things in a not so wonderful light to create scandal, promote innuendo and twist things around enough to shrug something like what happened on this ski trip off and get on with life.

For all we know, William may have acted the same exact way and done the same exact things if Kate was sitting at a nearby table instead of back home with the kids.

I don't think anyone have a problem with William going on private trip with the guys. I'm sure Catherine was happy that he was going to hang with the guys.

That's not the problem. The problem is: it was scheduled at the same time of the Commonwealth Service and he was seen in the company of women that wasnt his wife. That's where the troubles comes in. We all can laugh at his 'Dad Dancing', but when he's putting his hand on another woman's hip and dancing, the whole innocence of the trip gets tarnished. He suppose to hang out with the guys, not the girls. Tell those girls to get somewhere and sit down and not near you.

The point is, this should never ever happen again.

Very scary. Imagine if he had hugged one of the women? We would be discussing the impending spousal support and who would get custody of the children, surely.

Instead of banishing all women from being allowed within 10 feet of him, why not just suggest he go to gay clubs so he can avoid those dancing sirens. Though that might start rumors over his sexuality. hmm. It's a conundrum if you're someone who loves to dance. Best wait until you're old enough to partake in Salsa Saturdays at the Senior Center, by then the press will mostly just be impressed that you can still cut a rug with your arthritis.

Very scary. Imagine if he had hugged one of the women? We would be discussing the impending spousal support and who would get custody of the children, surely.

Instead of banishing all women from being allowed within 10 feet of him, why not just suggest he go to gay clubs so he can avoid those dancing sirens. Though that might start rumors over his sexuality. hmm. It's a conundrum if you're someone who loves to dance. Best wait until you're old enough to partake in Salsa Saturdays at the Senior Center, by then the press will mostly just be impressed that you can still cut a rug with your arthritis.

It's all very unfair, but things are so different for William. With his family background and the British media so harsh, it's just best to keep other young ladies at a nice distance when he's hanging out with the guys at clubs or on trips like this. It's the best way to avoid unnecessary speculations and fodder for the press. Then again, when you throw all caution to the wind, you get a well deserved thrashing for ones bad behavior.

'A hard head makes a soft behind.'

It's all very unfair, but things are so different for William. With his family background and the British media so harsh, it's just best to keep other young ladies at a nice distance when he's hanging out with the guys at clubs or on trips like this. It's the best way to avoid unnecessary speculations and fodder for the press. Then again, when you throw all caution to the wind, you get a well deserved thrashing for ones bad behavior.

'A hard head makes a soft behind.'

For me, it would be an awful burden to have to live my life and monitor every little thing I do because of what other people may think.

I don't actually consider William's antics as bad behavior but rather one of life's little foibles that accentuates the fact that the man is human. No one, regardless of his position in life, should ever have to live their lives as puppets on a string or be a Pinocchio with the wish of becoming a "real" boy.

To quote Hubert Humphrey: "To err is human, to blame someone else is politics." :D

For me, it would be an awful burden to have to live my life and monitor every little thing I do because of what other people may think.

I don't actually consider William's antics as bad behavior but rather one of life's little foibles that accentuates the fact that the man is human. No one, regardless of his position in life, should ever have to live their lives as puppets on a string or be a Pinocchio with the wish of becoming a "real" boy.

To quote Hubert Humphrey: "To err is human, to blame someone else is politics." :D

He's human and humans make mistakes and embarrass themselves. He's a future King though and with that role comes responsibility and accountability. It's a rough and tough life.

As a Minnesotan, I approve. :cheers:

Good grief. I think we all know where each other stands. We're flogging a dead horse. The discussion is going in circles.

But in exchange fot this "puppet" life, he has acces to an incredible amount of privileges.
I don't pity him, i just ask him to do the job, fot the sake of his country

This all turns into a lemniscate instead of a circle, we're in for a wild, never ending ride. :lol:

8 = a lemniscate shown standing up. Usually depicted and known as the infinity symbol.

But in exchange fot this "puppet" life, he has acces to an incredible amount of privileges.

I don't pity him, i just ask him to do the job, fot the sake of his country

What great privileges? Living in very old palaces with bad wiring and leaky roofs? Free tickets sporting events?

On a slightly fractured side note, the suggestions that both William and Lupo are in the doghouse and commiserating with each other, it reminds me of a wise saying from Confucius.

"Woman that put man in doghouse often find him in cat house."

:hiding:

On a slightly fractured side note, the suggestions that both William and Lupo are in the doghouse and commiserating with each other, it reminds me of a wise saying from Confucius.

"Woman that put man in doghouse often find him in cat house."

:hiding:

File that one under both "outdated sexist stereotypes" and "cultural insensitivity".

Reactions: hel
The French Government does'nt care, but i bet the British one does...
Somehow I doubt that William's dance moves are the highest concern for the British government. More than one older MP might be thanking his or her lucky stars that camera phones never caught them shaking their booty in a club during one of their vacations couple of decades ago.:p

There is clearly nothing new to discuss about the Verbier incident as we have read the same opinions from the same group of posters at least 10 times in the past few days.

It is most definitely time to move on now, unless further information comes out from the trip.

Further repetitive posts will be removed.

William still has a relatively (I don't know the hours but believe he went back to work after the weekend on Thursday) full time job, and as such is not a full time royal. Expecting to see much more of him and Kate from midyear!

Last edited by a moderator:
William and Kate attended the Commonwealth Service in 2016 & 2015. Harry attended 2017 & 2016. Charles and Camilla attended 3 of the last 5. Philip is the only royal that has made the last 5 years. The Queen missed one with an illness.

Please note that posts ignoring the previous Mod note have either been deleted or edited.

William still has a relatively (I don't know the hours but believe he went back to work after the weekend on Thursday) full time job, and as such is not a full time royal. Expecting to see much more of him and Kate from midyear!

His EAAA schedule is 20 hours a week with a total of 80 hours per month from what I have read. He is not full time with EAAA and his contract ends in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom