General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would he know what a Kiss Cam is? That's really an American thing. They aren't doing Kiss Cams at Premier League Soccer games because the clock is running unlike a NBA or NHL game where you have tv timeouts so the arena has stupid videos and stuff on the scoreboards

Well, considering that they do Kiss Cam at the BAFTAs, I doubt the Brits are totally oblivious to the concept.

Yes, the BAFTAs which don't even air live in the U.K. but on tape delay. Stephen Fry did the Kiss Cam bit on the 2016 awards because it was Valentine's Day and he thanked America for it . That's also after the NBA game which was in 2014.

Yes, the BAFTAs which don't even air live in the U.K. but on tape delay. Stephen Fry did the Kiss Cam bit on the 2016 awards because it was Valentine's Day and he thanked America for it . That's also after the NBA game which was in 2014.

They also did Kiss Cam at the 2012 LONDON olympics. Neither of us is British, but I would guess that at least half of Brits know what it is. Are you maintaining that only about 1% of Brits know what it is?

It doesn't have to be the whole UK population knowing but Prince William knowing. I find it totally believable that he wouldn't know what a Kiss Cam is. Look at the live sporting events he goes to soccer, rugby, Wimbledon. The All England Club isn't going all Kiss Cam in the Royal Box with the Duke of Kent and Billie Jean King.

It doesn't have to be the whole UK population knowing but Prince William knowing. I find it totally believable that he wouldn't know what a Kiss Cam is. Look at the live sporting events he goes to soccer, rugby, Wimbledon. The All England Club isn't going all Kiss Cam in the Royal Box with the Duke of Kent and Billie Jean King.

Except that was the whole point of my 'hip' comment. Not all of the UK population will be technology and social media savvy, but the 'hip' Brits will be. Just like the hip Brits would likely know what a Kiss Cam is.

Also, he attended plenty of live events at the 2012 olympics. There were even articles back in 2012 questioning if the sports organizers would put William and Catherine on the Kiss Cam. The tabloids even fabricated articles saying William feared getting caught on the Kiss Cam at the Olympics. :lol:

When are the Windsor boys going to learn their sloppy drunk evenings with the mates, where they can make complete a***** of themselves to their heart's content, must take place on private property? Did they learn nothing from Harry's weekend in Vegas?

Well it's not just the Windsor boys. A few months after his wedding, Mike Tindall was caught on camera kissing some woman during a drunken night out at a bar. He and Zara seem fine after that incident, so I imagine Kate and William will be fine and this will all blow over soon. But yes, royals needs to remember that it's no longer just the paps they have to watch out for. Just about everyone has a camera and all it takes is a few clicks to upload it for all the world to see. Hopefully William has learned this lesson.

Last edited:
Well it's not just the Windsor boys. A few months after his wedding, Mike Tindall was caught on camera kissing some woman during a drunken night out at a bar. He and Zara seem fine after that incident, so I imagine Kate and William will be fine and this will all blow over soon. But yes, royals needs to remember that it's no longer just the paps they have to watch out for. Just about everyone has a camera and all it takes is a few clicks to upload it for all the world to see. Hopefully William has learned this lesson.

He also pressed his face to her bosom. Leading people to discuss whether he was taking a drunken nap or trying to motorboat. :lol:

There is a whole mess of Kings who did way worse than dance and briefly touch a woman's waist. Starts with the next future King and then go backwards not a lot of choir boys in that group.

Alcohol lowers inhibitions and certainly effects judgement. Perfect example of that right there...and I'm guessing we won't see that situation happen again.

The clip I've seen of the event today, W&K are fine, behaving as usual. Body language as usual.

LaRae

Alcohol lowers inhibitions and certainly effects judgement. Perfect example of that right there...and I'm guessing we won't see that situation happen again.

The clip I've seen of the event today, W&K are fine, behaving as usual. Body language as usual.

LaRae

Yup, I don't think we will.

Love the Cambridge's though. I always wish them well, because none of this is a fairytale, but I pray they don't mess up what they have built together. May the love they have for each other and their family continue to carry them through all the ups and downs that goes along with marriage and their Royal roles.

Hopefully after the Guinness, Kate doesn't talk to any Guardsmen or briefly touch them. She is already in hot water with Lupo for convorting with the Wolfhound [emoji6]

William dad dances and briefly touches a women's waist and Dman is hoping they don't mess up their marriage. I think you need perspective. Not everything is crisis

They look fine to me

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7HxX2aVoAAuJjR.jpg

Just stating that anymore of those kind of events can do a job on the relationship between a husband and wife. Especially their PR. Not something that can happen again. That's real perspective!

Its also a truism that they're married not buried. Its human nature to make mistakes, find other people attractive and sometimes marriage comes with the "I don't like you too much right now" days. If the marriage itself has a good, loving and solid foundation, there is nothing to worry about.

We can all agree that it was just borderline plainly stupid. Maybe the couple is fine, great, but PR wise it's just a disaster, at the eve of an important diplomatic mission abroad with that. Because, let's face it, the Paris visit will be overshadowed by Will's foolish behaviour.
I bet the Foreign office is less than pleased.
Hope it's a wake up call.

My dad used to go up to a fishing lodge on the weekends and my mom always knew it was code for getting away with the guys to have some beers and 'party'

As long as he didn't break the law, she was cool with it. They been married 55 years and are as loved up as day 1.

I would like to share my two cents here. The trip had a really bad timing and that hasn't even been the first time for William. Yes, I agree that it was a matter of perception and that the palace may not know what to say officially, hence the no comment.

As for the matter of the "womensgate": publicly there is nothing so scandalous, but if I were Kate (I don't know her, I don't know how she reacted and so I can only express my feelings) I wouldn't be too angry and yet not too happy either.

That's kind of behavior could be expected by a 20s something or by a single man, not by a 35-years old family man.

All in all, it's not a big issue, but it would be blindidly wrong and naive to judge the matter just as a blown-up gossip coming from the press. It's not always the press's fault, nor it is just a case in which even the most hardcore fan of the couple has to shut their eyes.

My husband used to get together with the guys from work during deer (hunting) season and go to 'deer camp' One year the wives were all invited...ask how many of us went.

Now and then occasions there were events (like dinners etc) where all the husbands/wives were together you got to hear about escapades because one of the favorite things for guys to do is tell on each other in front of the wives. Guys, having a sense of self preservation, generally didn't get too carried away when on these trips (there were work trips once a year to Europe too).

LaRae

We can all agree that it was just borderline plainly stupid. Maybe the couple is fine, great, but PR wise it's just a disaster, at the eve of an important diplomatic mission abroad with that. Because, let's face it, the Paris visit will be overshadowed by Will's foolish behaviour.
I bet the Foreign office is less than pleased.
Hope it's a wake up call.

If that's the case I hazard to think the fallout if he had done something really scandalous instead. Catastrophe? Apocalypse?

I remember the words the Bishop of London said at the royal wedding

Marriage should transform, as husband and wife make one another their work of art. It is possible to transform as long as we do not harbour ambitions to reform our partner. There must be no coercion if the Spirit is to flow; each must give the other space and freedom.

If that's the case I hazard to think the fallout if he had done something really scandalous instead. Catastrophe? Apocalypse?

End of the monarchy!!! Never before has the monarchy survived scandal within a marriage!

LaRae

Yes it's a disaster PR wise . The Royal Family is just a tool for the British Government. The members of the Royal family are not supposed to think, express their opinion or behave in a foolish way. They have just to show up when asked to do so. That's all. In exchange the BRF can live, at the taxpayer expense, a more than comfortable life. That's the contract.
Due to the Brexit, the British Government has to play very carefully with the Continent. And the Cambridges are the glam weapon to charm Paris and the rest of Europe. That's their job.
It's a very carefully planned visit, with a meeting with the French head of state. And, basically, the talk of the moment is how ridiculous the future king looks on the dance floor, moving his ass to some 90's music.
How serious, how royal !

My dad used to go up to a fishing lodge on the weekends and my mom always knew it was code for getting away with the guys to have some beers and 'party'

As long as he didn't break the law, she was cool with it. They been married 55 years and are as loved up as day 1.

That is absolutely fine - but would your mum have been so relaxed about it if she and millions of strangers would have read about the stuff that happened between some drunk guys and girls on page one the next day?

Yes it's a disaster PR wise . The Royal Family is just a tool for the British Government. The members of the Royal family are not supposed to think, express their opinion or behave in a foolish way. They have just to show up when asked to do so. That's all. In exchange the BRF can live, at the taxpayer expense, a more than comfortable life. That's the contract.
Due to the Brexit, the British Government has to play very carefully with the Continent. And the Cambridges are the glam weapon to charm Paris and the rest of Europe. That's their job.
It's a very carefully planned visit, with a meeting with the French head of state. And, basically, the talk of the moment is how ridiculous the future king looks on the dance floor, moving his ass to some 90's music.
How serious, how royal !

I've never seen William described as glam before. Usually Catherine shoulders that burden by herself. :lol:

Anyways, I guess I see the word "disaster" as overkill.

Did he break the law? no

Did he break his marriage vows? It does't look like it.

Did he look like a middle-age cornball trying to prove to a room full of young adults that he could still party? Yes. He gave people that "I'm a cool dad!" cringe.

So if that's a disaster, I trying to imagine the fallout if he had done something illegal or if he made-out with one of the women at the club. :eek:

I've never seen William described as glam before. Usually Catherine shoulders that burden by herself. :lol:

Anyways, I guess I see the word "disaster" as overkill.

Did he break the law? no

Did he break his marriage vows? It does't look like it.

Did he look like a middle-age cornball trying to prove to a room full of young adults that he could still party? Yes. He gave people that "I'm a cool dad!" cringe.

So if that's a disaster, I trying to imagine the fallout if he had done something illegal or if he made-out with one of the women at the club. :eek:

Agreed. Considering the multiple terrorist attacks and Brexit that the French have been dealing with over the recent years , I doubt this is a real issue to the French government. Their priorities are focused elsewhere. If anything the video of William's dance moves might have provided them with much needed comic relief.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom