General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I read somewhere, Royal life is life in a birdcage, it's a glided birdcage but a birdcage none the less.

There is a long history of the British royals doing stuff outside of Britain. You have multiple realms and a former empire now commonwealth that other monarchies don't really have. Princes were sent out into the Royal Navy, on tours of foreign realms. Charles was sent to school for sometime in Australia, Andrew in Canada, etc.

Philip helped to found the WWF, Anne is President of Save the Children UK (which saves the children of places outside the UK too) Harry founded Sentabale to help out in Lethesoto. William is just following in the conservation footsteps of his father and grandfather.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yea, this all seems pretty normal to me. My (very soon to be) husband has a good friend who got married to her husband last year and I couldn't go because I had to work.

Being a normal human, I didn't see any reason my work schedule should keep my partner from seeing his long time friends

There is literally nothing wrong with anything William is doing here.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I agree. I mean, married people dont have to be glued to the hip. If one persons scheduel doesn't allow for something doesn't mean the other one has to stay home. Or if you don't like your spouses friend, you can skip the wedding but let the spouse go. Nothing fishy about it at all in my mind. They're not highschool kids.

I think older people (of which I am one) find it harder to understand that younger couples have no problems doing things on their own. My husband and I frequently travel separately, although we always prefer to go together.
For example, when my son (and his dog) moved cross country in a pickup truck, I very nobly chose to let my husband be the second driver :).

I think older people (of which I am one) find it harder to understand that younger couples have no problems doing things on their own. My husband and I frequently travel separately, although we always prefer to go together.
For example, when my son (and his dog) moved cross country in a pickup truck, I very nobly chose to let my husband be the second driver :).
Yeah, and even among younger people some couple are like that. It's not so much that "it' s more fun to be together" since younger people also like hanging out with their partner. Just that (especially for women) people are no longer expected to give up other parts of their lives. And that is ok as well. What I am trying to say is that neither version is wrong or should be judged. If you and your partner go to the bathroom together, great for you, but don't judge others that dont. Same the other way. If you and your partner only meet up once a month by choice, good for you, but don't judge others that don't. Different things work for different people and different couples.

Perhaps the media will drop the Jecca stories now she's getting married. Couldn't have been easy for her or Catherine dealing with the headlines. Lord knows, the rumors even made it to the boring movies that was done about the royal couple.

Perhaps the media will drop the Jecca stories now she's getting married. Couldn't have been easy for her or Catherine dealing with the headlines. Lord knows, the rumors even made it to the boring movies that was done about the royal couple.

Doubtful they will stop. The Queen and Lord Porchester were both married but that didn't stop the tabloids from wagging their eyebrows because a man and woman were friends. I'm sure they will insinuate that William is the biological father of Jecca's future children, just like Lord Porchester is the 'father' of Prince Andrew. :sleep:

Doubtful they will stop. The Queen and Lord Porchester were both married but that didn't stop the tabloids from wagging their eyebrows because a man and woman were friends. I'm sure they will insinuate that William is the biological father of Jecca's future children, just like Lord Porchester is the 'father' of Prince Andrew. :sleep:

:ROFLMAO: Yep, the media will conveniently ignore facts such as that William and Jecca were in different hemispheres when said children were conceived and run w/ the jealous Kate angle.
Why let factual impossibility interfere with bait click for drivel?

Is that one of those places where the giraffes come up to the house and are fed by the guests???

Oh I do wish theses friends would stop having weddings overseas. :lol:

William wanted his children to see African animals in the wild. Why not take George (and the Nanny) with him to Africa?

During the wedding the Nanny could take care of George and when William is not busy. He could take George around to see the rhinos, zebras, elephants, cheetahs and lions that live on the property.

George is old enough to enough a trip to the game reserve.
(In the Telegraph photo there is a boy around George's age running around.)

William would not be receiving so much criticism is he had taken George with him.

William wanted his children to see African animals in the wild. Why not take George (and the Nanny) with him to Africa?

During the wedding the Nanny could take care of George and when William is not busy. He could take George around to see the rhinos, zebras, elephants, cheetahs and lions that live on the property.

William would not be receiving so much criticism is he had taken George with him.

The children are not old enough to remember or appreciate a trip to Kenya

Yeah, but I don't think William was going to leave Charlotte to spend Easter without George. It's a short trip, and I think they will be making an official trip there as a family in the future.

I don’t know, George getting shots for Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Yellow Fever, and Meningitis, and taking malaria pills, seems to be a lot of effort, just for a few days in Africa. Maybe when he’s older and will spend more than 3 days there.

The children are not old enough to remember or appreciate a trip to Kenya

He is old enough to enjoy seeing all the animals. He does not need to remember and appreciate every moment of his life.

He is nearly three and he would have enjoyed seeing the rhinoceros, the elephants, the zebras, the cheetahs and the lions on a game reserve rather than in a zoo.

He was fascinated by a pigeon when his mother took him to the museum. Seeing the animals in the 'wild' would have been more interesting than a pigeon. (At least I hope.)

General News and Information for the Duke of Cambridge

Especially when he wont remember it went he is older. I would imagine that William would want to bring his family there when they are old enough to understand it's importance. The place where he connected to wonder of Africa, the place where he proposed to his wife, the mother of his children. Hopefully, the animals in danger will still be there too.

I been to a zoo and saw little kids fascinated with a squirrel than the animals on exhibit. He is better off with his mum, sis, dog at his grandparents for the holiday.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I don't think William was going to leave Charlotte to spend Easter without George. It's a short trip, and I think they will be making an official trip there as a family in the future.

Charlotte is too young to notice how long her brother is out of her sight. (She may actually prefer to have mummy to herself for a few days.:D)

Charlotte is too young to notice how long her brother is out of her sight. (She may actually prefer to have mummy to herself for a few days.:D)

Lol, well I do think William would've brought the kids down with him on a very short and busy trip.

William is getting some flack over attending Jecca's wedding. Imagine the headlines had he took George, it would really get ugly.

The whole thing is fine and he'll be back home soon anyway. It's just the optics is making headlines. It's an avoidable headline, but everyone will get over it once the royal couple start their royal tour. That will be the headline of all headlines.

I don't know if this was posted before but for those who missed it, here are the announcements for William's military promotions in all three service branches

Flight Lieutenant His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge, KG KT ADC to be promoted to the substantive rank of Squadron Leader with effect from 1 January 2016.

RAF - Senior Appointments

Lieutenant His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge KG KT ADC
565841 is promoted to the substantive rank of Lieutenant Commander on 1 January 2016 with seniority of the same date

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/61462/supplement/106

Captain His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge KG KT ADC
565841 is promoted to the substantive rank of Major 1 January 2016 with seniority of the same date

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/61462/supplement/107

Last edited:
The stamps are great. George's smile looks so impish.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Prince William hosted an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning. He invested Diana's friend Julia Samuel w/ MBE. She is George's godmother, & founder of William's Patronage

Last edited:
^^^ Tusk's president sent out some tweets about it. Ellie Goulding was performing. She sang at William and Catherine's wedding reception

Charlie Mayhew ‏@MayhewCharlie May 28
Great to meet #JamesNesbitt with Tusk patron @rorybremner tonight after #AudiPoloChallenge in aid of @tusk_org

Tusk ‏@tusk_org May 28
Massive thank you to @elliegoulding for great performance at #AudiPolo event in support of our conservation work!

https://twitter.com/tusk_org/status/736670401695211520

Last edited:
John Hall ‏@deanwestminster
The bells are ringing @wabbey in honour of the birthday of Prince William Duke of Cambridge.

Peter O'Donoghue ‏@yorkherald
Today is a flag-flying day to celebrate the birthday of HRH The Duke of Cambridge

Flag Flying Days 2016 - College of Arms

From William's time as a RAF SAR pilot

So, your boat has sunk, you’ve been floundering in the waves, you’re screaming your head off in a panic attack, and suddenly you realise the man flying you to hospital is your future king.

For some people the realisation that Prince William was behind the controls of the helicopter would be enough to make them feel calm.

But poor Robyn Wojcik was in the grip of such a debilitating panic attack after her ordeal at sea, she didn’t give a hoot who was her knight in shining armour.

Telling her story in a BBC series about the Royal National Lifeboat Institution, Robyn says: “I wouldn’t have cared if it was Joe Bloggs piloting that helicopter as long as it was getting me to hospital and getting me there quickly.”
Read more: I found out what it was like to be rescued by Prince William - Mirror Online

What's up with the random childhood pictures articles from the Daily Mail? First it was Harry and now William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom