General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I hope so! I also hope they get a decent picture if she does

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

doubtful, since we didn't last year. We'll likely just get another car shot.

I saw a photo of George with his nanny taken by the paps about 2 months ago which I suppose is verboten here, but he has CHANGED enormously.

How the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge do thank you cards: Never-seen-before snap of Kate and William posing with a chubby-cheeked Prince George emerges* | Daily Mail Online
A charming, never-seen-before picture of Prince George emerged on social media last night.

The portrait shows the adorably chubby-cheeked royal, who would have been around ten months old, being cuddled by his glamorous mother and with his father Prince William standing behind.

According to sources, it was taken by photographer Jason Bell for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in March this year at the same time as a series of official pictures that were released to the media.

They should have release this pic imo! George is such a cutie and looks A LOT like his granpa

Cambridges keep up royal tradition - UK / News / The Courier
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge followed royal tradition during their tour down under and gave a photograph of themselves as presents.

A family picture of William, Kate and Prince George was presented as an official gift during their visit to New Zealand and Australia earlier this year.

The image was signed by the Duke and Duchess and displayed in a frame which featured the couple's intertwined cyphers - their initials below a coronet.

Always said he looked like Mike Middleton. Never understood the 'looks like Father/Charles/Queen/Diana' stuff ever.

There was one picture taken around the time of the christening in which I thought that he looked like the Queen. Generally, though, I agree that he looks like the Middletons.

Did this photo make the news in the UK?

It was covered here in Oz today by at least one breakfast show, but was actually "news" on the morning and afternoon TV news broadcasts.

So we had reports and footage of the Duke of Cambridge presenting trophies today, and the Duchess of Cambridge visiting the hospice yesterday, and Prince Harry just the other night, but still, this eight month old photo gets a news slot - on the news broadcasts. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm fully expecting it to turn up again on the evening bulletin now.

Yes - made the main 6.00pm evening news. (At least it wasn't the lead story!)

Last edited:
Well, its one way to keep George in the picture (pun intended).

I think it was newsworthy more so than the Cambridges' latest engagements as it pertained to their trip down under. That trip really was a smashing success wasn't it?

Well, its one way to keep George in the picture (pun intended).

I think it was newsworthy more so than the Cambridges' latest engagements as it pertained to their trip down under. That trip really was a smashing success wasn't it?

You're right Osipi - Australia, (and New Zealand no doubt), couldn't get enough of the Cambridge family being here amongst us. We loved every moment.

Aw, little George is adorable. I love his chubbiness! He reminds me a lot of one of my little cousin, who is of a similar age. We have often said that the two could be related, or even twins. It's nice how they've reused a photo frame from the wedding. In regards to which family member George resembles the most, I've always thought he looks a lot like Charles did when he was younger. I don't think he looks a lot like William, but I can see some resemblance to Harry as well, though only when he was of a similar age. Out of his parents, I would say that he looks like Catherine the most, however I can't see the Mike Middleton connection personally.

I agree with most of the list (Florence Nightingale, Emmeline Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank, Malala Yousafai etc), but I think putting Catherine on the same list is a little over exaggerated. Yes, she has done some inspirational things such as personally writing to families in need during difficult times, but I wouldn't say that she has changed the world. Same with some of the other nominations for the list (Queen Victoria, Princess Diana etc), whilst they have done some inspiring things and have some inspirational quotations, they haven't completely changed the world, or at least IMO. When someone changes the world for me, it's when they have done something to change our views completely. Don't get me wrong, I like Catherine and she's one of my favourite British Royals, but I just think putting her on the same list as some people who are actually inspirational and have actually changed our views on certain events or things is a bit of an exaggeration. But I guess we all have different views on who is world changing and who isn't, and I'm sure some will disagree with me here, but it's just how I feel.

The Daily Mail I've noticed tend to praise Catherine an awful lot – a different end of the spectrum, but I remember there was a recent article stating that royals such as Mary and Letizia have been inspired by Catherine because they have been wearing similar lace based outfits. Come on, it's not as if Catherine invented lace. Royals, especially Letizia I've noticed, have been wearing lace long before Catherine entered the royal world.

Last edited:
Aw, little George is adorable. I love his chubbiness! He reminds me a lot of one of my little cousin, who is of a similar age. We have often said that the two could be related, or even twins. It's nice how they've reused a photo frame from the wedding. In regards to which family member George resembles the most, I've always thought he looks a lot like Charles did when he was younger. I don't think he looks a lot like William, but I can see some resemblance to Harry as well, though only when he was of a similar age. Out of his parents, I would say that he looks like Catherine the most, however I can't see the Mike Middleton connection personally.

I agree with most of the list (Florence Nightingale, Emmeline Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank, Malala Yousafai etc), but I think putting Catherine on the same list is a little over exaggerated. Yes, she has done some inspirational things such as personally writing to families in need during difficult times, but I wouldn't say that she has changed the world. Same with some of the other nominations for the list (Queen Victoria, Princess Diana etc), whilst they have done some inspiring things and have some inspirational quotations, they haven't completely changed the world, or at least IMO. When someone changes the world for me, it's when they have done something to change our views completely. Don't get me wrong, I like Catherine and she's one of my favourite British Royals, but I just think putting her on the same list as some people who are actually inspirational and have actually changed our views on certain events or things is a bit of an exaggeration. But I guess we all have different views on who is world changing and who isn't, and I'm sure some will disagree with me here, but it's just how I feel.

The Daily Mail I've noticed tend to praise Catherine an awful lot – a different end of the spectrum, but I remember there was a recent article stating that royals such as Mary and Letizia have been inspired by Catherine because they have been wearing similar lace based outfits. Come on, it's not as if Catherine invented lace. Royals, especially Letizia I've noticed, have been wearing lace long before Catherine entered the royal world.

I agree with you, it is a bit ridiculous to put her in this position, for doing what exactly........ And I would say the same about any royal family member in any country.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Seriously?! For every time the DM has referred to Kate as 'stunning' or praised the 'Kate effect' on clothes etc. there are many, many sly, snide, derogatory articles by the DM about Kate and her family. They are very hard on Kate a lot of the time because they know articles about her and her family will generate hits and comments like almost nothing else. The only thing that gets DM readers going more than a good attack article aimed at Kate are the time-honoured DM attack articles aimed at immigrants.

For the vast majority of people in the UK, Mary and Letizia et al are pretty much unknown. The DM has had a few articles about them recently because the W&K wedding and Diamond Jubilee has prompted a bit more interest on the site in royalty generally. The British press and public know almost nothing about royals in other countries.

Seriously?! For every time the DM has referred to Kate as 'stunning' or praised the 'Kate effect' on clothes etc. there are many, many sly, snide, derogatory articles by the DM about Kate and her family. They are very hard on Kate a lot of the time because they know articles about her and her family will generate hits and comments like almost nothing else. The only thing that gets DM readers going more than a good attack article aimed at Kate are the time-honoured DM attack articles aimed at immigrants.

I completely agree with you.

For the vast majority of people in the UK, Mary and Letizia et al are pretty much unknown. The DM has had a few articles about them recently because the W&K wedding and Diamond Jubilee has prompted a bit more interest on the site in royalty generally. The British press and public know almost nothing about royals in other countries.

You're right, the most of my friends in the UK knows nothing about foreign royals, they can't even name the so-called minor royals in their own country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom