General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if she sits in first class or in the luggage compartment. Any Obstetrician would advise her against such a long flight in her last trimester.

Somebody probably should have told Maxima and Madeleine then. My point is that it is possible, not that she will. I don't know when/if they're going to go, but there is a precedence for royal women traveling in their final trimester. It's between Kate and her doctor.

End of it.

Of course a woman could throw caution to the wind. It's possible.

I think equating Madeline's visit to a royal tour is a stretch. But I'll give you Maxima. She visited Japan during her second pregnancy, correct? I don't really follow the Dutch so my memory on them is hazy.

With the Cambridges going on tour in December, I would be very surprised if they did a second foreign royal tour a month later. Especially, since William is starting a new job and he isn't the heir apparent like W-A was. But they have surprised me before!

Maxima was also in Australia during her second pregnancy.

HG babies are also at a higher risk to be born prematurely. Even if she could find an airline that's willing to take her - most won't because of insurance liabilities, I can't see her taking that gamble.

BBC's Peter Hunt on twitter saying William will visit China early next year unclear if Kate will go.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

This visit should be interesting from multiple perspectives.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 2h 2 hours ago
It's not clear if the Duchess of Cambridge will travel to China. She'll be heavily pregnant.

A visit by William to China highlights the fact that his father Prince Charles has not undertaken such a tour.

After the Hong Kong handover Prince Charles wrote in his diary that some Chinese officials were "appalling old waxworks".

When Prince Philip went to China in 1986 he told some British students, "if you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty eyed".

Prince William To Make Visit To China
Prince William will visit China early next year but the Duchess of Cambridge is likely to stay in the UK as she will be heavily pregnant.

The Duchess is due to give birth to the couple's second child in the spring.
Kensington Palace previously said her presence at future engagements would be decided on a "case-by-case" basis.

Prince William was forced to stand in for his wife in September on a two-day trip to Malta - a visit that would have been Kate's first solo overseas tour.

The royal couple's last big tour was in April 2014 when they showed off Prince George to an enthusiastic Australian public.

I'm guessing Catherine appearance depends on how early the tour will take place, her doctors thoughts and how she's feeling. It seems like the palace haven't officially ruled it out.

Maxima may have had super trouble free pregnancies, not hg

Maxima had some issues with hypertension in the last trimester with C-A so she took an earlier leave from her duties. Otherwise her two other pregnancies were uncomplicated as I recall.

I thought the trip would at least be postponed until they are both able to go to China but I guess there is another trip being planned for them down the line.

Wasn't there talk of a trip to Canada for the Cambridges? If I remember right, there was a blurb in a Canadian newspaper around the time of the C&C trip.

Of course a woman could throw caution to the wind. It's possible.

I think equating Madeline's visit to a royal tour is a stretch. But I'll give you Maxima. She visited Japan during her second pregnancy, correct? I don't really follow the Dutch so my memory on them is hazy.

With the Cambridges going on tour in December, I would be very surprised if they did a second foreign royal tour a month later. Especially, since William is starting a new job and he isn't the heir apparent like W-A was. But they have surprised me before!

I mentioned it above, Max visits Kenya, Uganda, and Japan while pregnant with Alexia, and she visited Australia, New Zealand, and Turkey while pregnant with Ariane.

And I wasn't comparing Madeleine's trips between the US & Sweden with a royal trip, but just the flying back and forth in her last trimester. Nothing Madeleine has done, ever, could be compared with the day-to-day of a royal trip.

Max had a difficult pregnancy with Amalia, which is why she wasn't seen often. However, it seems she had a far better time with both Alexia and Ariane since not only was she busy in the Netherlands, but she traveled outside on several occasions.

I don't think any royal family rules anything out until the end, re: trips to be made, particularly when pregnancies are involved. I am sure, if Kate is up to it, she may go, but that's for Kate and her doctor to decide.

i think kate flying such a long distance so late in her pregnancy would be a bit risky, but who knows. maybe taking the appropriate dispositions (first class flight, which i'm sure they do regardless, and medical assistance on board) it's plausible...

wow, maxima never ceases to amaze me. all those places where she travelled with pregnant aren't really next door. well done to her.

I suspect the decision as to whether the Duchess travels to China or not will be based on when the trip takes place, and how she is feeling in the run up to it. If it is any later than mid-February, I do not think she will travel. If it is before that, she may go.

Beautiful family portrait.

I wonder if they took the picture pre or post tour. It looks maybe post tour based on the amount of George hair. I love the W&C monogram frame that the Cambridge family photo is in. It appears to be the same frame that the wedding and Charles & George christening photos shown in the google hangout.

We could be seeing Catherine in a tiara next week. On Tuesday, The Queen will be hosting an Evening Reception for Members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace. Last year, she and William attended, along with Charles & Camilla.

I love that family snapshot.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I wonder if they took the picture pre or post tour. It looks maybe post tour based on the amount of George hair. I love the W&C monogram frame that the Cambridge family photo is in. It appears to be the same frame that the wedding and Charles & George christening photos shown in the google hangout.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3UatOSCEAA7Gg8.jpg

"@davidsunlee This photo was taken b4 the AUS/NZ tour on same day as the window portrait.It's the official tour gift

via Twitter

EDIT: Also been confirmed by DM Journalist. Done the same time as the pic with Lupo

Last edited:
We could be seeing Catherine in a tiara next week. On Tuesday, The Queen will be hosting an Evening Reception for Members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace. Last year, she and William attended, along with Charles & Camilla.

Oh I hope so! I also hope they get a decent picture if she does

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom