General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
British Royals @britishroyals · 1h 1 hour ago
Prince Charles holding Prince George! From George's christening - displayed at Clarence House - #iwill Google hangout
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/status/535460875918794752

I think they should have released this picture. We don't have a picture of just Charles with his first grandchild.

Just because they didn't release one doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are probably tons of photo of George and his family that we aren't going see but were taken. His life is going public enough that we don't have to see everything. Charles probably has numerous photo of him and George, just like the Middletons and the Queen and Philip.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I can see why they didn't release it. Frankly, George looks a little odd in it. Maybe he was fussing.

Nice to see Charles beaming though. I never believed those rumors that he disliked small children.

Looks like a baby to me. Nothing odd.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Just because they didn't release one doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are probably tons of photo of George and his family that we aren't going see but were taken. His life is going public enough that we don't have to see everything. Charles probably has numerous photo of him and George, just like the Middletons and the Queen and Philip.

The picture was from the official photos of Prince George's Christening. I really didn't see no harm in them releasing the picture. I totally understand the need to keep private pictures to themselves but I think it would've been nice from this picture to be released along with the family group pictures. It would be nice to see Charles and George together.

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

But we did get a lot more video of the christening than people expected. I would pick George and his godparents as my no 1 photo we didn't see.

Last edited:
I love the picture of George with his Grandpa. It's a sweet, and private moment that Prince Charles more than likely treasures.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Here are some of the photos I took of where the Duke and Duchess went to university - from the front, and from the back.

The back faces towards the sea - there are other buildings on the other side - and the beach running scene from "Chariots of Fire" was filmed just a little further along, near the golf course.

Attachments

• IMG_8695.jpg
    IMG_8695.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_8699.jpg
    IMG_8699.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_8727.jpg
    IMG_8727.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_8728.jpg
    IMG_8728.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA; December 7-9, 2014

The Telegraph had a similar article which said royal sources didn't confirm anything but were looking at dates in the first 3 months of 2015.

Why go then? Why not do it in the fall after the baby has come? There is going to be a point where she can't fly. London to China is a pretty long flight and if you are 6 months pregnant it is not going to be pleasant even in first class.

As we seen from Malta, William alone isn't going to draw attention.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to carry out historic tour of China in early 2015-
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to carry out historic tour of China in early 2015 - Telegraph

I really don't see the Cambridges taking on a tour such as this until well after their second child is born in April. Up until April, I think it would be too taxing on a pregnant Duchess and for a while after the birth, she'll once again be on maternity leave as the family adjusts to the new arrival.

I'm surprised that the Chinese would even consider making this request as the pregnancy is very well known. Frankly, and this is just my opinion only, it seems that in this matter the Chinese have their own agenda at heart and what the Cambridges can do for them rather than putting into consideration what is going on in the Cambridges' lives.

I fully expect to see a respectful decline of this invitation with a "maybe at a future date" tossed in.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to carry out historic tour of China in early 2015-
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to carry out historic tour of China in early 2015 - Telegraph

I might be having a senior moment but I'm sure that this report (or one very similar) was published about 3-4 months ago. And the date is the same AFAIR but it was prior to the announcement of the pregnancy So is this another request or a repeat? Or have I just misremembered the entire thing? :ermm:

Also, I think they will want Catherine there so Autumn 2015 or Spring 2016 is more likely IMO

Yeah, Autumn or Spring sounds more likely. I just don't see them going while Kate is in the last trimester, or during the first few months after the baby is born.

Last edited:
I agree, I'm not sure they will go until the late autumn 2015 or spring 2016. Catherine will most likely do a handful of engagements and then maternity leave for the baby's birth.

The Telegraph had a similar article which said royal sources didn't confirm anything but were looking at dates in the first 3 months of 2015.

Why go then? Why not do it in the fall after the baby has come? There is going to be a point where she can't fly. London to China is a pretty long flight and if you are 6 months pregnant it is not going to be pleasant even in first class.

As we seen from Malta, William alone isn't going to draw attention.

Everything, of course, depends on how Kate feels. But Max was 6 months pregnant with Alexia when she went to Kenya & Ugana, 7 months with Alexia when she went to Japan, and about 8 months pregnant with Ariane when they went to Turkey.

There is a precedent for royal women to travel while pregnant, but it depends on the woman. I imagine they are leaving it open for Kate to be able to attend, but they could either cancel the trip (for Kate) or postpone it, depending on how Kate feels.

The Chinese may not want to cancel it and may want to do it while Kate is pregnant because of the publicity. A non-pregnant Kate is a pull, but a pregnant Kate is surely a bigger publicity event.

Perhaps they'll go in January or February, however.

Everything, of course, depends on how Kate feels. But Max was 6 months pregnant with Alexia when she went to Kenya & Ugana, 7 months with Alexia when she went to Japan, and about 8 months pregnant with Ariane when they went to Turkey.

I wasn't 'following' the European Royals when Maxima was pregnant with Ariane, but I remember reading a report that Dutch soil was brought to Turkey just incase Maxima gave birth whilst she was there, though I might be thinking of a different trip here.

I doubt Catherine will go to China when she is eight months along, as isn't that the period of time when pregnant women have to stop travelling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wealthy Americans pay £64,000 to dine with Prince William and Kate at New York museum fundraiser | Daily Mail Online

I wasn't 'following' the European Royals when Maxima was pregnant with Ariane, but I remember reading a report that Dutch soil was brought to Turkey just incase Maxima gave birth whilst she was there, though I might be thinking of a different trip here.

I doubt Catherine will go to China when she is eight months along, as isn't that the period of time when pregnant women have to stop travelling?

I remember the rumor, but the Dutch (and Turkey as well) follow jus sanguinis and thus the soil isn't necessary. When Margriet was born, the maternity ward was briefly declared to be extraterritorial since the Canadians follow jus soli.

As for Catherine, it depends. First of all, she can expect expert care (unlike many women) and I'm sure if they chose to go in March, they would have a doctor on staff just in case. I don't envision them going in March, however. But like I said, Max went to Turkey just a month and a couple of days before Ariane was born. It's possible to make the trip, it just depends on the woman.

Last edited:
There is a precedent for royal women to travel while pregnant, but it depends on the woman. I imagine they are leaving it open for Kate to be able to attend, but they could either cancel the trip (for Kate) or postpone it, depending on how Kate feels.

From how the article was worded, it sounded to me like the Chinese have extended the invitation for the Cambridges to visit but there has been no acceptance or any plans made for such a trip. No need to cancel or postpone anything, just issue a polite "not at this time" if it isn't in Kate's best interest.

From how the article was worded, it sounded to me like the Chinese have extended the invitation for the Cambridges to visit but there has been no acceptance or any plans made for such a trip. No need to cancel or postpone anything, just issue a polite "not at this time" if it isn't in Kate's best interest.

most trips aren't finalized/announced until maybe a month ahead of time. Particularly to a place like China. Things will be kept closely guarded until very close to the trip, I imagine.

It still leaves it open for Kate to cancel or for them to outright cancel or postpone it.

I wouldn't compare travelling to China to travelling to Turkey in one breath - and certainly not for anyone in the last weeks of preagnancy.

I wouldn't compare travelling to China to travelling to Turkey in one breath - and certainly not for anyone in the last weeks of preagnancy.

perhaps if one was a regular joe schmoe like us, but for royalty, there isn't much of a difference.

All the smog in China can't be good for an unborn child. Kate would need a gas mask

most trips aren't finalized/announced until maybe a month ahead of time. Particularly to a place like China. Things will be kept closely guarded until very close to the trip, I imagine.

It still leaves it open for Kate to cancel or for them to outright cancel or postpone it.

I agree with this. Usually though the announcement made is worded that X&Y to visit Z in Month Year. As an example, this was posted today:

"The President of the United Mexican States, Señor Enrique Peña Nieto, accompanied by Señora Angélica Rivera de Peña, has accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from the 3rd to 5th of March 2015."

It is the itinerary that isn't released until close to the dates of the visit as they're usually fine tuned to the minute and for security purposes.

My point was that there was no statement anywhere that the Cambridges had accepted the Chinese invitation.

Meanwhile back on the subject of the Cambridges' visit to NYC/DC which is coming up real soon.....

Last edited:
I agree with this. Usually though the announcement made is worded that X&Y to visit Z in Month Year. As an example, this was posted today:

"The President of the United Mexican States, Señor Enrique Peña Nieto, accompanied by Señora Angélica Rivera de Peña, has accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from the 3rd to 5th of March 2015."

It is the itinerary that isn't released until close to the dates of the visit as they're usually fine tuned to the minute and for security purposes.

My point was that there was no statement anywhere that the Cambridges had accepted the Chinese invitation.

Meanwhile back on the subject of the Cambridges' visit to NYC/DC which is coming up real soon.....

It entirely depends on several situations and the nations. Some visits we hear about in advance, like the trip for Will & Kate to NZ & Australia or the Jubilee visit in 2012. Some we don't hear about until a couple months ahead of time, like the visit to LA or Malta. Some are announced a month before, like some of Mathilde's trips to Africa, and others are announced a week before or not until the day of. It depends on a lot of factors.

I never said they accepted. I said it's open for cancellation or postponement if/when they go.

The spring trip to Aus/NZ apparently took a year to plan. The trip to the US would be easier to do on shorter notice. A trip to China would probably be in between the two plus the China would be very heavy with protocol that the US and spring trip didn't have to deal with.

They just had a tour... She is expecting and by then she will be heavily pregnant and China is a long journey... Can't see this coming in early 2015

I might be having a senior moment but I'm sure that this report (or one very similar) was published about 3-4 months ago. And the date is the same AFAIR but it was prior to the announcement of the pregnancy So is this another request or a repeat? Or have I just misremembered the entire thing? :ermm:

Also, I think they will want Catherine there so Autumn 2015 or Spring 2016 is more likely IMO

The way I'm reading the article is that early this year the Chinese made a request for a royal visit, then Premier Li Keqiang made an official visit in June, and now the Chinese are specifically inviting the Cambridges to visit; and the hope is that they'll come early in the year - before the birth - and not later on. The Royal "sources" have confirmed that dates between January and March are being discussed, but that nothing is official.

They just had a tour... She is expecting and by then she will be heavily pregnant and China is a long journey... Can't see this coming in early 2015

they just had a tour...in April. It will have been almost a year (if they go in early 2015).

We obviously don't know how far talks are, but if they do it while she is pregnant, I would expect January or February. I don't expect Kate would go after her 7th month. But then again, we aren't entirely sure of the due date, are we? My guess is April and that's what I'm working off of.

Plenty of royal ladies have done international visits while pregnant, whether in the early months or later ones. But we know Kate's had a tough time of it so far, she may not feel up to such a trip.

And yes, China is such a long journey in first class :whistling:

It doesn't matter if she sits in first class or in the luggage compartment. Any Obstetrician would advise her against such a long flight in her last trimester.

First class or not, 11 hours is a long flight. Especially when in the last trimester of pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom