General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really creepy that people keep taking old pictures of Catherine and inventing new stories to go along with them. Once is just an outlier but this is becoming a bizarre pattern. And the media will eat it up with a spoon because they fired all their fact checkers.

No wonder the Royals need so much security. They are being stalked by nutcases.

It is very odd I agree. The papers appear to be desperate to have anything Cambridge related.

The news media are relying on twitters and bloggers for info. Not checked or regulated. Not a problm when its fashion but whereabouts, family info etc is v dangerous.

Im at the stage where if it is not official, I dont believe it. Too many nasty types out there wNting their message to have its moment of fame.

I never used to have sympathy with William, but now I have e ery sympathy for his desire to protect his family.

Its a shame. There is a website I won't name here where fans of a certain British prince love to spread this sort of disinformation about William and Kate.

They make up lies about Kate and William on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I want to see George in a Balmoral tartan kilt!:p

I hope we don't get any pics. I'm tired of the Royals being exploited by an insatiable media. This is their private time.

For all I know they are at Balmoral but this entire story, including newspaper articles is currently based on 1 tweet from someone who said her sister had seen them.

One tweet now = news. Sheesh :bang:

For all I know they are at Balmoral but this entire story, including newspaper articles is currently based on 1 tweet from someone who said her sister had seen them.

One tweet now = news. Sheesh :bang:

I agree with your whole post. Nice to see I'm not the only one exasperated with the media. Their credibility has gone down the toilet.

Last edited:
:previous: I think we should always look on the bright side. William, Catherine and George are not actually needed for photos or stories. They don't take any notice of them and most royal watchers can spot recycled photos.

:previous: I think we should always look on the bright side. William, Catherine and George are not actually needed for photos or stories. They don't take any notice of them and most royal watchers can spot recycled photos.

Glass half-full. The Cambridges could always hire lookalikes to go all over the place. The media would believe it and report it. It would become a game of "Where in the World is Carmen Cambridge".

I want to see George in a Balmoral tartan kilt!:p

Since we never see William in a kilt, I somehow doubt we're likely to see George in one anytime soon.

:previous: Grandpa Charles might dress him in one someday when William's away. :D

:previous: Grandpa Charles might dress him in one someday when William's away. :D

We can hope.

Or, even better, William might someday realize that that wearing a kilt isn't too bad and put one on himself. Personally I think it's odd that William comes from such a kilt-wearing family and never puts one on himself.

I hope he never wears a kilt. Scots themselves don't wear kilts so why should William. My ex wife was born and raised in Scotland and kilts belong to another era outside of Highland army regiments

Many Scots would probably view William wearing a kilt as a form of cultural appropriation

Last edited by a moderator:
We can hope.

Or, even better, William might someday realize that that wearing a kilt isn't too bad and put one on himself. Personally I think it's odd that William comes from such a kilt-wearing family and never puts one on himself.

I think William may feel like he don't have the right legs for kilts. His parents put him in kilts when he was a little boy though. Although, he might put one on someday, I really don't think he's into stuff like that.

Many Scots would probably view William wearing a kilt as a form of cultural appropriation

I agree. It would be one thing if the Royals wore kilts on a regular basis. But to do so only in Scotland comes across as gimmicky. Like wearing green on St. Patty's Day.

Kilts and plaids were banned in Scotland by the Act of Proscription in 1746 the year after the battle at Culloden where Bonnie Prince Charlie tried to regain the throne for the Stuarts. It remained in force for 36 years and after that, the kilt never fully returned as everyday dress.

I do seriously think although I like a man in a kilt, that most men today would eat glass before wearing a skirt. Charles is very much the traditionalist and has never given a hill of beans about what people thought about what he wears. William, I think, is a horse of a different plai.. err color.

A man in a kilt can look very fetching. It shows he has gumption.

I had to chuckle as I checked out at the grocery store. The latest Globe (a trash US gossip rag) headline -William to Give Up Throne to Save Pregnant Kate. The next one I saw was Lifestyle magazine where apparently Sick and Pregnant Kate Tortured by Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Since we never see William in a kilt, I somehow doubt we're likely to see George in one anytime soon.

There's likely a hand-me-down lurking in a royal closet just waiting for a toddler. ;)

Before you die, if you have any inclination at all have a kilt made for you. It is a lovely garment with grave weight and movement. It makes you feel young and adult at the same time. You can lose days looking at the plaid they show and the plaid they hide. You can lose more days thinking about ancient plaid and how it was worn, how it was taken away and how it has become fashion.
And we are way, way off topic! But love kilts.

George got a kilt when W&K spent that day in Scotland in the spring. Maybe since Pippa is a fan of Scotland, she will have a highland theme wedding with page boy Cheeks sporting a tiny tartan kilt.

I think George would look cute in a kilt. I remember seeing pictures of William wearing a kilt when he was a child, and he didn't look bad at all.

For our Brits out there, is trick or treating a thing in the UK? It's a big deal in the US. In my head, I'm seeing George in a dragon costume with a Knight in Armor on Lupo's back trick or treat at KP. Knocking on Uncle Harry's door, stopping by Rebecca's and Miguel's offices, etc.

Where I came from, Detroit, not only was Halloween a big night but also Devil's Night the night before. Parents would even take their children out in groups up and down the block soaping windows and people played harmless pranks on each other. Over the years, it did really get out of hand and Detroit would look like a war zone on that night of the year.

I like your idea of a costume Skippyboo! Of course Uncle Harry would insist on getting in on the act there somewhere.

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Uncle Harry can be the damsel in distress princess with the tall pointy hat with the ribbon on it. :) or Elsa from Frozen since every little girl in the world is going as that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom