General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were in a public park and you saw a royal person who was not on an official outing, and you had means, would you snap a photo? Of course you would, so would I. If you say you wouldn't, I doubt you.

I genuinely would not take their photo. I have a cousin who is a member of a band that isn't huge, but is big enough that he gets recognised around Canada and parts of the US. I can't remember the last time we went out to a family dinner with him without it being interrupted by a small stream of people wanting to take photos with him or get his autograph. When we know he will be attending, we have to request a private room at whatever restaurant we're meeting at. People need to be able to just relax and be left alone sometimes without being confined to a private place - especially those in a public role. There's on duty and there's off duty... and people need to respect that.

Well, I have to be honest and say that I would definitely try to snap a photo. No ifs, ands or buts. It is just human nature. I wouldn't approach the person/people, but I sure would try to get a pic.

Last edited:
General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

I might take a photo of someone but not with someone and I probably would not want that person to know about it. If you want to brag at home about whatever kind of famous person you saw it would be nice to have some proof.

Last edited:
Well, I have to be honest and say that I would definitely try to snap a photo. No ifs, ands or buts. It is just human nature. I wouldn't approach the person/people, but I sure would try to get a pic.

I'm with you, Kitty. Taking a photo does not necessarily involve approaching the person and interrupting them and sticking the camera in their face, which some people seem to be assuming it does.

That's fair enough. I imagine many people would try to take a photo without them knowing but wouldn't actually approach them. I think if it wasn't for my cousin, I'd probably be the same way.

It will be great for Catherine to get well enough for her and William to return to official duties again. Miss seeing them out and about on official engagements.

You can doubt me all you want...but no I wouldn't. I have no interest in having pics of famous people in my house. We don't have royalty here...my interest in royals is more about the history of the families not just because they are famous. It's neat to follow their lives to a point...but from a distance.

There are some famous (hollywood type) people from near where I live...when they come home to see family etc...people here don't bother them. They go about town and eat etc...very few people are brazen enough to interrupt them.

LaRae
I live in SoCal so it's not uncommon to see famous figures. If they're on their private time, I wouldn't approach them.

Duke and Duchess become MCC Members
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been elected as Honorary Life Members of MCC, of which Her Majesty The Queen is Patron.

The announcement was made to MCC Members by David Morgan, President of the Club, at the Members’ Bicentenary Banquet on Wednesday 8 October.

The Royal couple join HRH The Duke of Edinburgh and HRH The Prince of Wales as Honorary Life Members of the Club. The Duke of Edinburgh served two terms as President, in 1949 and 1974.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 1h 1 hour ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been elected Honorary Life Members of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), of which The Queen is Patron.

A forlorn hope on the part of the MCC.. To my knowledge neither of them has ever shown even the remotest interest in our National game !

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join Lord's cricket elite as honorary life members of MCC - Telegraph
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have jumped a 27-year queue to join cricket's most prestigious club after being made honorary life members of the MCC.

The royal couple were announced as members of the Marylebone Cricket Club, the guardian of cricket's laws and traditions, at a dinner on Wednesday to celebrate the bicentenary of Lord's cricket ground.

They will be among the younger members of the MCC, as members of the public normally have to wait until they are at least 43 before a vacancy arises at Lord's.

Cricket lovers can join the 27-year waiting list for the 23,000 membership slots at the age of 16. Some members, however, join when they are 18 if they are good enough cricketers to play for the club.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge given honorary life membership by the MCC* | Daily Mail Online
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been elected as honorary life members of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).

The royal couple join The Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales in the elite company, with the former serving two terms as president in 1949 and 1974

Honorary life membership is awarded by the MCC Committee and there are now over 300 in that category among a full membership of 18,000.

MCC president David Morgan said: 'We are delighted that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have accepted our invitation to become honorary life members of MCC.

Sales of baby clothes up 100% as Prince George becomes fashion icon | Royal | News | Daily Express
JUST like his trendsetting mother, Prince George has become a global fashion icon with sales of baby clothes rocketing almost 100 per cent in a year.

New mothers have been eager to replicate the royal look, dressing their offspring to look like “Gorgeous George”.

The Duchess of Cambridge’s decision to dress the young Prince in timeless classics has spearheaded a trend for nostalgic babywear, say experts.

Since his first overseas trip earlier this year, sales of traditional garments such as pocket shorts and cardigans are off the scale. Designers of the clothes he wore to Australia and New Zealand credit their sales spikes to “the George effect”

Today the annual John Lewis Retail Report, a snapshot of Britain’s shopping habits, will show sales of “traditional” baby clothes have soared 92 per cent in a year.

Among the most sought-after items are the red-and-white striped overalls and scarlet cardigan George wore on his way home from the royal visit Down Under in April

I think most people would think taking a picture of someones baby or children in a park is super creepy for anyone. if you wouldn't do that to a normal person why do it to a famous offspring...the whole thing with paps boils down to greed. They want money.

Correct. So if we were to put ourselves in their shoes, and discovered a photographer in our yard taking a photo of our child ( on say a swing ) that is in my books stalking. And if the photo was uploaded ( say onto FB ) that is also wrong in my books. So I say good in them. :ermm:

Prince George 'saves' tiny primary school from closure - Telegraph
A primary school has been saved from closure after pupils wrote to Prince George and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge saying they didn't want it to close

Chirton village school in Wiltshire was under threat because not enough families were enrolling their children as pupils.

But the 'Prince George effect' was given as the reason behind the school being saved from closure.

In their letter to the royal couple, the children said how much they love their school and even invited the Duke and Duchess to enrol George, now fifteen months old, as a pupil when he is old enough.

The letter to the Duke and Duchess was written after eleven children, aged from seven to 11, took part in an exercise on 'persuasive writing'.

Staff and children were shocked to get a letter back saying how impressed the Royal couple were with the school.

Each pupil received a personal reply to their letter, plus a photo of William, Kate and George.

There has since been a flood of new pupils and the roll call is now twice what it was two years ago.

Gotta love it! :cool:

Its stories like this that makes me realize that its not only the public engagements and photo ops that can make a big difference. I also loved the consideration taken and a letter was sent to each of the children that wrote to the Cambridges and just not one letter addressed to all of them. It will be a keepsake these children keep all their lives.

Upton Heath Primary School pupil gets a right royal reply - Chester Chronicle
William Wright invites Prince William to his Shakespeare Schools Festival production

The letter, from Laura Osbaldeston, assistant private secretary to HRH The Duke of Cambridge, said that Prince William was ‘extremely grateful’ for the invitation but ‘reluctantly feels that he has to decline’

She explained that the duke’s diary for the rest of the year has already been confirmed but added that he ‘wishes you and everyone at Upton Heath School the very best for your play.’

Appreciate how the local papers focus on the kids in their community when the BRF is involved. Smart student who drew attention to their production by writing to William. I wonder if their production will feature what happens to Richard after the battle? Will a group of students "discover" him in the parking lot?

Pupils' relief as primary escapes closure thanks to Prince George | Royal | News | Daily Express
PRINCE GEORGE has been hailed as the saviour of a rural primary school - despite never stepping foot in a classroom.

Chirton Church of England Primary, near Devizes, Wiltshire, has seen its number of pupils double - allowing it to safely avoid closure - after being given royal recognition by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Before Prince William and Kate's seal of approval, student numbers had fallen to just 19 pupils, meaning it faced being shutdown.

However, as part of a 'persuasive writing' exercise, 11 out of the 19 pupils wrote to the Duke and Duchess asking them to send Prince George to the school, convinced the publicity would save it.

Although Prince George has not been enrolled, each and every pupil at the school - to their delight - received a personalised reply from the royal couple declining their request, but saying how impressed they were with the school and its ethos.

The royal's endorsement of the school spread in the local community – and this year the total number of students has more than doubled to 45.

Stewarton school girl is praised by the Duchess of Cambridge following incredible fundraising efforts - Daily Record
A Stewarton school girl has been given praise of the highest order, after receiving a letter from the Duchess of Cambridge congratulating her on her fundraising efforts.

Now Carrie Newham is gearing up for a whole year of charity challenges after raising over £1000 for charity.

The nine-year-old wanted to help raise money for Yorkhill after the children’s hospital helped her with repeated tonsillitis, eventually removing the troublesome tonsils.

She told the Standard: “I decided I wanted to do something and entered the Great Scottish Family Run – I chose Yorkhill because I’ve been there and have friends there who have been very sick.”

I don't get some people. HG can last a few weeks, a few months or an entire pregnancy. Every woman is different and every pregnancy is different.

It must feel great for Kate to get out of the house.

Last edited:
Family raise suspicions by breaking down near Duchess of Cambridge's family home | Daily Mail Online

Is she still in Bucklebury? I doubt it... I'd like to know how old that photo is... Suffering from HG and driving doesn't go hand in hand IMO

Well, this story, if true, has some odd bits in it. Beyond the fortuitous breakdown location, no one could locate a lug nut wrench? Why not just pull it out of the officer's vehicle, which should have been closer than the village?
And the family, which had enough decorum to not snap pics of Carole, Kate and George at the park, waited until the group drove off to snap a pic. And then sold it to the DM, along with the story? I guess that's some decorum, just not much. :whistling:

I don't get some people. HG can last a few weeks, a few months or an entire pregnancy. Every woman is different and every pregnancy is different.

It must feel great for Kate to get out of the house.

Exactly.

According to the Telegraph article, the sighting supposedly happened last Thursday. So the same day as the Action on Addiction gala.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom